So I'm putting together this build log, its been a bit since I've done something other than a $500 build for a someone, so this was a chance to try and stretch my legs and put something together that was nice. Everything has been ordered, and should be shipping out on Monday, just wanted to get some opinions on the build. I know there are a couple areas where I could have "skimped out" and still had some nice internals, but I like to have what I put together look nice and perform well.
Here is what I've ordered:
- CPU: Core i5 2500k - Picking this up from Microcenter $195 with tax
- Motherboard: MSI P67A-GD53 - needed one that was SLI compatible while having good spacing - $140, $30 MIR ($110)
- Cooler: Corsair A70 - This was more of a "Looks thing" than price vs. performance, $40 - $25 AMIR
- Memory: Gskill Sniper 8GB (2x4gb) 1600mhz - $39 with promo
- GPU: (2X) MSI N560GTX - I strongly prefer Nvidia over AMD in dealing with drivers, setup, etc. - $190 each, $15 off each promo, $30 MIR ($350, $320 AMIR)
- PSU: Silverstone Strider Essentials 600W - overkill on the power, but needed 4X PCIE cables and was the best to suit that need - $70, $60 AMIR
- SSD: Crucial M4 64GB - I feel all high end builds should have a nice boot SSD - $80
- HDD: Seagate Barracuda 500GB - Needs a bit more storage than just 64GB :) - $84 - $74 with promo
- Case: Lian Li Lancool First Knight PC-K9WX - $129, 15% off, $110 - case looks amazing, great features
- Optical drive: LG DVD Burner - does what I need, and cheap! O/S - Windows 7 Home Premium OEM 64bit
I think its a really nice deal and was happy with the promos that were going on. Its got $66.50 in promo codes, lots of mail in rebates that seem to actually be worth mailing in. I'll post pictures when I get in the parts, should be a nice build!
Edited by appleg33k85 - 2/21/12 at 7:02am