Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › NVIDIA › 8800GTS SLI problems
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

8800GTS SLI problems

post #1 of 18
Thread Starter 
Okay, my 8800GTSs are giving me trouble. Friday, everything was working fine. I could play Company of Heroes at a steady framerate of what I would guess to be around 45-60 FPS.


Today, I can't get above 25 frames. I don't know what happened. I've switched them around, I've cleaned them off, I've checked for drivers, I've taken the side panel off to let them vent more... nothing works. Nvidia control panel detects SLI, but the framerates I'm getting remind me of when I just had one 8800GTS. It's as if my SLI just stopped working overnight.
post #2 of 18
check your SLi bridge...seems like you're only running one card.
PRONE
(19 items)
 
Cap't Crunch
(14 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 3930k @ 5Ghz Msi X79A-GD45 Gigabyte Radeon 7950 Patriot Sector 7 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingCooling
2xCorsair Force Series 3 Raid-0 LG DVDR/W Custom Water Loop Swiftech Apogee Drive II waterblock/pump 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
Swiftech MCRES-Micro Rev 2 Larkooler 240mm Rad server 2008 RC2 HP 2207HD 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
HP Classic wireless PC Power and Cooling Silencer Mk II 950W High P... NZXT Phantom...again lol HP Classic wireless 
Mouse PadAudioOther
MicroCenter Onboard TBA 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
2500k Maximus V Extreme Radeon 6950HD Avexir 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Corsair Force 3 LG DVD RW Corsair H100i WIndowd 8.1 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
HP 2159M Logitech CX750M Cosair Carbide 540AIR 
MouseMouse Pad
logitech logitech 
  hide details  
Reply
PRONE
(19 items)
 
Cap't Crunch
(14 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 3930k @ 5Ghz Msi X79A-GD45 Gigabyte Radeon 7950 Patriot Sector 7 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingCooling
2xCorsair Force Series 3 Raid-0 LG DVDR/W Custom Water Loop Swiftech Apogee Drive II waterblock/pump 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
Swiftech MCRES-Micro Rev 2 Larkooler 240mm Rad server 2008 RC2 HP 2207HD 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
HP Classic wireless PC Power and Cooling Silencer Mk II 950W High P... NZXT Phantom...again lol HP Classic wireless 
Mouse PadAudioOther
MicroCenter Onboard TBA 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
2500k Maximus V Extreme Radeon 6950HD Avexir 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Corsair Force 3 LG DVD RW Corsair H100i WIndowd 8.1 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
HP 2159M Logitech CX750M Cosair Carbide 540AIR 
MouseMouse Pad
logitech logitech 
  hide details  
Reply
post #3 of 18
Thread Starter 
I'll give it a try.
post #4 of 18
run MSI Kombustor in full screen and see if both gpus load
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
X5680@4.8GHz 192x25x1.47v EVGA X58 Classified(E759) EVGA GTX980 Ti SLI @1515/8400 6x4GB GSkill Ripjaws@1540 8-8-8-20-2T-1.55v 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Corsair Force GT 120GB/OS Corsair Force LS 60GB/PAGE Toshiba 4TB/GAMES CPU-EK Supremacy 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
MB-EK FB Classified GPU-EK FC TitanX/Backplates Rad-Swiftech 360mm MCR-320/Pump Rad-Barrow 280mm 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
Ram-Corsair 2x60mm Resevoir-Barrow 250x50mm Misc-6x120mm/2x140mm/NZXT Sentry,Barrow 3/8 fit... Windows 10 Pro x64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Seiki 50'' 3840x2160 30hz Logitech G110 EVGA Supernova G2 1300 Lian Li PC-A77F 
MouseMouse PadOtherOther
Logitech G9x Xtrac Ripper XL Logitech G27 Logitech G940 
Other
Xbox One controller 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
X5680@4.8GHz 192x25x1.47v EVGA X58 Classified(E759) EVGA GTX980 Ti SLI @1515/8400 6x4GB GSkill Ripjaws@1540 8-8-8-20-2T-1.55v 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Corsair Force GT 120GB/OS Corsair Force LS 60GB/PAGE Toshiba 4TB/GAMES CPU-EK Supremacy 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
MB-EK FB Classified GPU-EK FC TitanX/Backplates Rad-Swiftech 360mm MCR-320/Pump Rad-Barrow 280mm 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
Ram-Corsair 2x60mm Resevoir-Barrow 250x50mm Misc-6x120mm/2x140mm/NZXT Sentry,Barrow 3/8 fit... Windows 10 Pro x64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Seiki 50'' 3840x2160 30hz Logitech G110 EVGA Supernova G2 1300 Lian Li PC-A77F 
MouseMouse PadOtherOther
Logitech G9x Xtrac Ripper XL Logitech G27 Logitech G940 
Other
Xbox One controller 
  hide details  
Reply
post #5 of 18
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by vikingsteve View Post

I'll give it a try.

The framerates are still junk.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlasov_581 View Post

run MSI Kombustor in full screen and see if both gpus load

Trying this.
post #6 of 18
Thread Starter 
One of these GPUs is not loading. It says GPU0 is at most 0-1% load while the other is at 97-99% load.


Why is this happening?
post #7 of 18
turn on the sli visual indicator to make sure both are sharing the load. may also be time to wipe the drivers and reload (make sure to wipe them clean with drivercleaner or similar)

or you could check the for sale section...i think i remember seeing a couple for sale biggrin.gif
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
phenom ii x6 1100t gigabyte ga990fxa ud5 gigabyte 480gtx gigabyte 480gtx 
GraphicsRAMHard DriveHard Drive
evga 480gtx corsair vengence ddr3 1600 ocz agility 3 sdd ocz agility 3 sdd 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingCooling
maxtor hdd asus blu-ray reader/burner xspc ex360 rad (x2)  swiftec mcp655 pump w/bitspower pump kit and v2... 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
laing d5 pump w/bitspower pump kit and v2 pump top heatkiller cpu block koolance nv480gtx full vga blocks ek northbridge block 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
lamptron fc5 bitspower 150 black ice reservoir vista ultimate 64 bit asus s248h-p hdmi led 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
acer x183h acer x183h corsair k60 mechanical silverstone strider 1000 silver 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
corsair 500r corsair m60 func 1030 archetype creative x-fi xtreme gamer 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
phenom ii x6 1100t gigabyte ga990fxa ud5 gigabyte 480gtx gigabyte 480gtx 
GraphicsRAMHard DriveHard Drive
evga 480gtx corsair vengence ddr3 1600 ocz agility 3 sdd ocz agility 3 sdd 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingCooling
maxtor hdd asus blu-ray reader/burner xspc ex360 rad (x2)  swiftec mcp655 pump w/bitspower pump kit and v2... 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
laing d5 pump w/bitspower pump kit and v2 pump top heatkiller cpu block koolance nv480gtx full vga blocks ek northbridge block 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
lamptron fc5 bitspower 150 black ice reservoir vista ultimate 64 bit asus s248h-p hdmi led 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
acer x183h acer x183h corsair k60 mechanical silverstone strider 1000 silver 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
corsair 500r corsair m60 func 1030 archetype creative x-fi xtreme gamer 
  hide details  
Reply
post #8 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by vikingsteve View Post

One of these GPUs is not loading. It says GPU0 is at most 0-1% load while the other is at 97-99% load.
Why is this happening?

Dead card? Try them both by themselves with Kombustor! thumb.gif
 
Seven Seven Five
(12 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Convertible i5 3570k (De-Lidded) Gigabyte Z77x-D3H XFX R9 290 With Koolance Block (1179/1450) 16GB G-Skill Ares 1866 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Samsung 840 Evo Seagate Barracuda 2TB Western Digital Green 2TB Samsung Spinpoint 1TB 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingCooling
Western Digital Green 640GB 2x OEM DVD Drives Heatkiller Rev 3.0 XSPC RX360 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
Laing D5 + XSPC Res Primochill Bloodshed Red Tubing Koolance Fullcover R9 290x Block Windows 10 Pro x64 
MonitorMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Asus VEH228H Asus VE228H Aavara TS742 Dual Monitor Stand Ducky Shine II Cherry Blue RED Backlit Mechanic... 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Silverstone Strider 850W HAF 932 Logitech G400 Gigabyte Ghost 
AudioOther
Microlab Solo6c Logitech C100 Webcam 
  hide details  
Reply
 
Seven Seven Five
(12 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Convertible i5 3570k (De-Lidded) Gigabyte Z77x-D3H XFX R9 290 With Koolance Block (1179/1450) 16GB G-Skill Ares 1866 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Samsung 840 Evo Seagate Barracuda 2TB Western Digital Green 2TB Samsung Spinpoint 1TB 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingCooling
Western Digital Green 640GB 2x OEM DVD Drives Heatkiller Rev 3.0 XSPC RX360 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
Laing D5 + XSPC Res Primochill Bloodshed Red Tubing Koolance Fullcover R9 290x Block Windows 10 Pro x64 
MonitorMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Asus VEH228H Asus VE228H Aavara TS742 Dual Monitor Stand Ducky Shine II Cherry Blue RED Backlit Mechanic... 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Silverstone Strider 850W HAF 932 Logitech G400 Gigabyte Ghost 
AudioOther
Microlab Solo6c Logitech C100 Webcam 
  hide details  
Reply
post #9 of 18
Thread Starter 
If one of the cards is dead, that's odd, because they are both hot to the touch and their fans are spinning...
Quote:
Originally Posted by sli_shroom View Post

turn on the sli visual indicator to make sure both are sharing the load. may also be time to wipe the drivers and reload (make sure to wipe them clean with drivercleaner or similar)
or you could check the for sale section...i think i remember seeing a couple for sale biggrin.gif

I turned on the visual indicator. However, I don't see it anywhere...
post #10 of 18
Thread Starter 
Kombustor confirms they both work. GPU load near 100% for both of them when tested individually. I didn't dedicate either GPU to PhysX when I SLI'd them. I just left that to be auto configured.


Anyone else have any ideas? I don't know what to do.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: NVIDIA
Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › NVIDIA › 8800GTS SLI problems