Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Keyboards › Discussion: Best Mechanical Keyboard
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Discussion: Best Mechanical Keyboard - Page 3

Poll Results: Best quality mechanical keyboard is...

 
  • 60% (3)
    Filco
  • 40% (2)
    Other (specify)
5 Total Votes  
post #21 of 74
From my experience with flat keys is that it's extremely annoying to know exactly what row you are on. I find with angled keys i know exactly what row i'm on due to the angle. That and cherry mx's are so much better then rubber domes.
post #22 of 74
I think most pro (CS 1.6) players play with mechanical keyboards. Usually SteelSeries 7G. rolleyes.gif (has black switches)

I've heard that Logitech Illuminated keyboard isn't good for gaming because you can't press many buttons at the same time.
I remember it was only 3 or something... So be careful when you buy those cheap keyboards...


I have the Logitech G510 but I hate it. I want a mechanical keyboard...
Edited by cROKODILE - 2/28/12 at 2:14pm
post #23 of 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuciferRising View Post

Are you a FPS gamer mate?
I dont know guys, I find myself liking the flat keys but If mechanical keyboards are the best built keyboards in terms of durability? And maybe the mechanical kb's are set to replace the membranes in the future, because they are the most recommended? I dont know, if so, I should maybe buy a mechanical one? I've seen professional CS 1.6 players like Na'Vi for example using mechanical SteelSeries 7G (i think) and still dont get it how they manage to play with those high buttons.. maybe its me. maybe I should change. biggrin.gif

Yes I play FPS as well as MMOs as well as other games.


Battlefield 3. Thats the main one. The BW ultimate comes with 5 macro keys to the left that are quite useful for MMOing.
4th time
(17 items)
 
3rd time
(11 items)
 
Laptop fun G72
(3 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 2600k ASROCK Fatal1ty p67 EVGA GTX 980 SC 16380 MBMBDDR3-SDRAM (Gskill) 1600mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Samsung HD103SJ x 2 Samsung 850 EVO  Corsair H100i Windows 10 Professional 
MonitorMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Samsung - LN40D550 - 40" LCD TV - 1080p PLANAR PX2710MW PLANAR PX2710MW razer black widow 
PowerCaseMouse
Corsair TX850 Coolermaster HAF 932 CM Storm Recon 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
955 MSI 870S-G54 2 x 6850 HIS IceQ-x 8 Gigabytes Gskill 1600 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung F3 1TB zalman 90mm Windows Ultimate x64 LG 47'  
MonitorPowerCase
Vizio 37' E370L  OCZ Modstream 700W Logisys CS888CL 
CPUGraphicsOS
Q9000 quad core GTX 260m Windows 7 Home Premium x64 
  hide details  
Reply
4th time
(17 items)
 
3rd time
(11 items)
 
Laptop fun G72
(3 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 2600k ASROCK Fatal1ty p67 EVGA GTX 980 SC 16380 MBMBDDR3-SDRAM (Gskill) 1600mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Samsung HD103SJ x 2 Samsung 850 EVO  Corsair H100i Windows 10 Professional 
MonitorMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Samsung - LN40D550 - 40" LCD TV - 1080p PLANAR PX2710MW PLANAR PX2710MW razer black widow 
PowerCaseMouse
Corsair TX850 Coolermaster HAF 932 CM Storm Recon 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
955 MSI 870S-G54 2 x 6850 HIS IceQ-x 8 Gigabytes Gskill 1600 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung F3 1TB zalman 90mm Windows Ultimate x64 LG 47'  
MonitorPowerCase
Vizio 37' E370L  OCZ Modstream 700W Logisys CS888CL 
CPUGraphicsOS
Q9000 quad core GTX 260m Windows 7 Home Premium x64 
  hide details  
Reply
post #24 of 74
I have a logitech g19, it was a nice gift.. I am typing on it now.
I purchased my self a WASD keyboard and absolutist love it but am a big fan of the illuminated keys with the logitech. I use that keyboard on my other pc or laptop.
What I am buying next is the corsair k90. It looks like the best of both words for an avid cs player and WoW player such as my self.
post #25 of 74
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by cROKODILE View Post

I think most pro (CS 1.6) players play with mechanical keyboards. Usually SteelSeries 7G. rolleyes.gif (has black switches)
I've heard that Logitech Illuminated keyboard isn't good for gaming because you can't press many buttons at the same time.
I remember it was only 3 or something... So be careful when you buy those cheap keyboards...
I have the Logitech G510 but I hate it. I want a mechanical keyboard...

I see. Well, maybe I should go for a mechanical one after all. As far as I've been told, theres no mechanical kb's with flat keys, so I should get used to the high buts
post #26 of 74
Thread Starter 
Thanks for suggestions guys smile.gif
post #27 of 74
The logitech dinovo is the rolls royce of scissor switches atm. If you don't like tall keys then a mechanical switch keyboard isn't going to make you like tall keys. The keys will still be tall, lol. Don't let the OCN sheep persuade you into buying a mechanical keyboard because they're the new hot thing to have to be cool.
Money
(13 items)
 
Z575
(9 items)
 
Oppo Find 5
(6 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
FX-8320 @ 4.7Ghz 1.5v Gigabyte 970A-UD3 XFX 7970 @ 1.1Ghz 8GB Team 1600 7-9-7-24 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Crucial M4 64GB Samsung F3 500GB Corsair H100 Windows 7 x86_64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
NEC E222W HPE 87 w/ Browns + Ducky PBT caps Seasonic 850W Chenming Dragon 
Mouse
Deathadder 3.5G 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD A6-3420M @ 2.2Ghz 1.1v Lenovo Torpedo A55 6720g2 6GB Elpida 1333 CL9 
Hard DriveOSMouseAudio
Samsung 840 250GB ElementaryOS x86_64 Abyssus 3.5G Plantronics Gamecom 777 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
1.5Ghz Snapdragon S4 Pro Quad Adreno 320 2GB 533Mhz LPDDR2 16GB flash 
OSMonitor
Jelly Bean 4.1.1 5" 1080p IPS 
  hide details  
Reply
Money
(13 items)
 
Z575
(9 items)
 
Oppo Find 5
(6 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
FX-8320 @ 4.7Ghz 1.5v Gigabyte 970A-UD3 XFX 7970 @ 1.1Ghz 8GB Team 1600 7-9-7-24 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Crucial M4 64GB Samsung F3 500GB Corsair H100 Windows 7 x86_64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
NEC E222W HPE 87 w/ Browns + Ducky PBT caps Seasonic 850W Chenming Dragon 
Mouse
Deathadder 3.5G 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD A6-3420M @ 2.2Ghz 1.1v Lenovo Torpedo A55 6720g2 6GB Elpida 1333 CL9 
Hard DriveOSMouseAudio
Samsung 840 250GB ElementaryOS x86_64 Abyssus 3.5G Plantronics Gamecom 777 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
1.5Ghz Snapdragon S4 Pro Quad Adreno 320 2GB 533Mhz LPDDR2 16GB flash 
OSMonitor
Jelly Bean 4.1.1 5" 1080p IPS 
  hide details  
Reply
post #28 of 74
A mechanical keyboard will outlast your current and next few builds, along with probably your car. I used to have a very good condition Model M from 1985 (older than me by almost 10 years!) before I sold it to a collector.
post #29 of 74
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?O=&sku=829853&Q=&is=REG&A=details
flat keys also
macro keys for mmo's and fps its reall really nice!
If i could force myself to not be cheap its the keyboard i would buy.
Atm ive been using a microsoft digital media pro for over 5 years.
Edited by solar0987 - 2/29/12 at 1:01am
post #30 of 74
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by S.M. View Post

The logitech dinovo is the rolls royce of scissor switches atm. If you don't like tall keys then a mechanical switch keyboard isn't going to make you like tall keys. The keys will still be tall, lol. Don't let the OCN sheep persuade you into buying a mechanical keyboard because they're the new hot thing to have to be cool.

Looks nice.

Well, actually I dont like them(mechanical), yes. but if they are the best option, and by "best" i mean - better response, durability, comfort, less fatigue for fingers/hands..
Quote:
Originally Posted by piskooooo View Post

A mechanical keyboard will outlast your current and next few builds, along with probably your car. I used to have a very good condition Model M from 1985 (older than me by almost 10 years!) before I sold it to a collector.

lol biggrin.gif that much?? I wouldnt want anything to last more than 6-7 years.. I will get bored using it more than that biggrin.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by solar0987 View Post

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?O=&sku=829853&Q=&is=REG&A=details
flat keys also
macro keys for mmo's and fps its reall really nice!
If i could force myself to not be cheap its the keyboard i would buy.
Atm ive been using a microsoft digital media pro for over 5 years.

I couldnt care less if macros exist on a kb. I dont use those stuff, even on a mouse I dont bind anything to them. Is it better than Razer BW?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Keyboards
Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Keyboards › Discussion: Best Mechanical Keyboard