Originally Posted by Saizer
Yes but when the game gets an update (lets say v1.01) you have to go online and download it and then install it. Pain in the ass.
I've read and understood every point throughout this thread so far as being mostly wrong, but this just stood out as one of the worst points you've made. I honestly doubt the fact that you've played a game on PC in the last five years, simply because this isn't how PC games have worked in over five years.
Updating games on PC is actually quicker than updating a game on a console.
Let's take an Xbox 360 for instance:
1. Power on console; put disc in drive.
2. Wait for game to load.
3. Prompt saying an update is required, else you'll be signed out of Xbox LIVE.
4. Accept update. Wait for update to install.
5. Console restarts; wait for games to load again.
6. Play your game.
... and PC on Steam/Origin:
1. Open Steam/Origin.
2. Update automatically installs.
3. Play your game.
Your definition of a true gamer is wrong because there is no such thing as a true gamer. There are game enthusiasts or fanboys that like games and enjoy them quite a bit, but there's no "true gamer." That term hasn't even been used in years because it completely lost its meaning.