Originally Posted by Ken1649
1. Reset CMOS, load BIOS Optimized Defaults.
2. Run Memtest to scan for faulty RAM.
3. Trouble shooting; install only 1 (one) 7970.
4. Start with clean OS (new install).
5. Reinstall the games to try because any customization will not be reset to take new configuration.
6. Up to you if you want to heed, just trying to help here $ 1 million hardware won't impress me
1.) Just did this, second time testing
2.) Actually replaced with a second kit
3.) Tried even have four more that I tested, behavior was the same on eight in total
5.) Steam downloads, all fresh, tried 16 seperate games behavior the same each time
6.) Understood, but your ignoring the fact that same system, same hardware jsut different monitors and cables, never had an issue before, seems more like you want to blame my OC and Hardware, why did the old monitors and cables work, but these wont, I can plug those back in and I play crysis warhead for three hours no problem, under new montiors and cables wouldnt even launch, isntant bsod.
<-- Thats me
I literally buy everything new as it comes out, so my question comes down to WHY a cable and monitor change breaks, your ignoring that, if I plug old monitors in with old cable setup it works fine, so not sure how memory, cpu and everything else comes into play unless somehow the CPU and Memory affect cables and monitors, last I checked they didnt.Edited by TechAnalyst - 2/22/12 at 5:12am