Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Power Supplies › Rosewill Stallion 450w PSU
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Rosewill Stallion 450w PSU

post #1 of 8
Thread Starter 
If you are in the market for a good quality low wattage PSU, Rosewill Stallion Series 450w is the same exact price as the 400w version.... $34.99

If you are buying with multiple items like I did, the 2 dollar shipping difference didn't matter smile.gif


why not go bigger for the same price. has two 12v rails

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817182075

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817182074
Yeyo
(16 items)
 
Scarface PC pics
(47 photos)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 3770k ASRock Extreme 4 Gen 3 EVGA 670FTW Gskill Sniper Low Voltage Series 1.25v 16GB 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Intel 80GB G2- OCZ 60GB- 1TB Asus BD combo Megashadow Deluxe Edition  Win7 
MonitorPowerCaseAudio
40" Insignia  Seasonic X750w Sleeved red Corsair 500r White Asus Xonar DGX 
  hide details  
Reply
Yeyo
(16 items)
 
Scarface PC pics
(47 photos)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 3770k ASRock Extreme 4 Gen 3 EVGA 670FTW Gskill Sniper Low Voltage Series 1.25v 16GB 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Intel 80GB G2- OCZ 60GB- 1TB Asus BD combo Megashadow Deluxe Edition  Win7 
MonitorPowerCaseAudio
40" Insignia  Seasonic X750w Sleeved red Corsair 500r White Asus Xonar DGX 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2 of 8
The Rosewill Stallion 450W is not a good quality unit, it's rather poor in fact.. if you can still cancel the order do it.
Edited by Original Sin - 2/22/12 at 1:45pm
post #3 of 8
Thread Starter 
have one in the htpc for a long time. no issues
Yeyo
(16 items)
 
Scarface PC pics
(47 photos)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 3770k ASRock Extreme 4 Gen 3 EVGA 670FTW Gskill Sniper Low Voltage Series 1.25v 16GB 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Intel 80GB G2- OCZ 60GB- 1TB Asus BD combo Megashadow Deluxe Edition  Win7 
MonitorPowerCaseAudio
40" Insignia  Seasonic X750w Sleeved red Corsair 500r White Asus Xonar DGX 
  hide details  
Reply
Yeyo
(16 items)
 
Scarface PC pics
(47 photos)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 3770k ASRock Extreme 4 Gen 3 EVGA 670FTW Gskill Sniper Low Voltage Series 1.25v 16GB 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Intel 80GB G2- OCZ 60GB- 1TB Asus BD combo Megashadow Deluxe Edition  Win7 
MonitorPowerCaseAudio
40" Insignia  Seasonic X750w Sleeved red Corsair 500r White Asus Xonar DGX 
  hide details  
Reply
post #4 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unoriginal Sin View Post

The Rosewill Stallion 450W is not a good quality unit, it's rather poor in fact.. if you can still cancel the order to it.
Sorry but I am going to have to disagree with you. I have a 400Watt Stallion that is nearly 4 years old and has been running solid in a C2D setup running 24/7 without any problems. Please don't jump to conclusions on a product just because of the Rosewill name they make some pretty solid stuff.
post #5 of 8
That doesn't mean is good, solid, worth it's price... the Stallion 450W is a Passive PFC, bottom of the barrel Solytech unit...
Edited by Original Sin - 2/22/12 at 1:44pm
post #6 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by XAslanX View Post

Sorry but I am going to have to disagree with you. I have a 400Watt Stallion that is nearly 4 years old and has been running solid in a C2D setup running 24/7 without any problems. Please don't jump to conclusions on a product just because of the Rosewill name they make some pretty solid stuff.

Nothing to be sorry about, and this isn't a Rosewill bash, I happen to think that Rosewill sells some excellent products at very good prices, however the Stallion isn't one of them... as for the unit which is running your system for x years, that doesn't make it good.. by that reasoning the trash units sold by Raidmax/Apevia/Coolmax/etc which are also running, after years of use, must be very good power supplies and worthwhile purchases wink.gif
post #7 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unoriginal Sin View Post

Nothing to be sorry about, and this isn't a Rosewill bash, I happen to think that Rosewill sells some excellent products at very good prices, however the Stallion isn't one of them... as for the unit which is running your system for x years, that doesn't make it good.. by that reasoning the trash units sold by Raidmax/Apevia/Coolmax/etc which are also running, after years of use, must be very good power supplies and worthwhile purchases wink.gif

I also own a 500 and 550watt unit by them and all three have been fine. As long as you're smart about what you are powering with them, they can be pretty reliable.
post #8 of 8
that doesnt make them good quality, not in the grand scheme of power supplies. it just makes them of passable quality lol
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Power Supplies
Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Power Supplies › Rosewill Stallion 450w PSU