Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Rumors and Unconfirmed Articles › [Fud] Kepler GK104 cards in production
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Fud] Kepler GK104 cards in production - Page 12

post #111 of 226
Quote:
Originally Posted by _GTech View Post

Pre-Order without Specs / Benchmarks??? What are you smoking mate?

For the fanboy there need be no reason.
Foldatron
(17 items)
 
Mat
(10 items)
 
Work iMac
(9 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i7 950 EVGA x58 3-way SLI EVGA GTX 660ti GTX 275 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
3x2GB Corsair Dominator DDR3-1600 80GB Intel X25-M SSD 2TB WD Black 150GB WD Raptor 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
2x 150GB WD V-raptor in RAID0 Win7 Home 64-bit OEM 55" LED 120hz 1080p Vizio MS Natural Ergonomic Keyboard 4000 
PowerCase
750W PC P&C Silencer CoolerMaster 690 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Intel Core i5 2500S AMD 6770M 8GB (2x4GB) at 1333Mhz 1TB, 7200 rpm 
Optical DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
LG 8X Dual-Layer "SuperDrive" OS X Lion 27" iMac screen Mac wireless keyboard 
Mouse
Mac wireless mouse 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
i7-2600K AMD 6970M 1GB 16GB PC3-10600 DDR3 1TB 7200rpm 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
256GB SSD 8x DL "SuperDrive" OS X 10.7 Lion 27" 2560x1440 iMac display 
Monitor
27" Apple thunderbolt display 
  hide details  
Reply
Foldatron
(17 items)
 
Mat
(10 items)
 
Work iMac
(9 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i7 950 EVGA x58 3-way SLI EVGA GTX 660ti GTX 275 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
3x2GB Corsair Dominator DDR3-1600 80GB Intel X25-M SSD 2TB WD Black 150GB WD Raptor 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
2x 150GB WD V-raptor in RAID0 Win7 Home 64-bit OEM 55" LED 120hz 1080p Vizio MS Natural Ergonomic Keyboard 4000 
PowerCase
750W PC P&C Silencer CoolerMaster 690 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Intel Core i5 2500S AMD 6770M 8GB (2x4GB) at 1333Mhz 1TB, 7200 rpm 
Optical DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
LG 8X Dual-Layer "SuperDrive" OS X Lion 27" iMac screen Mac wireless keyboard 
Mouse
Mac wireless mouse 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
i7-2600K AMD 6970M 1GB 16GB PC3-10600 DDR3 1TB 7200rpm 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
256GB SSD 8x DL "SuperDrive" OS X 10.7 Lion 27" 2560x1440 iMac display 
Monitor
27" Apple thunderbolt display 
  hide details  
Reply
post #112 of 226
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordikon View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by _GTech View Post

Pre-Order without Specs / Benchmarks??? What are you smoking mate?

For the fanboy there need be no reason.

We all know it's coming. We are expecting it to perform around a GTX 580. This has been rumored for months. I'm inclined to believe it. +/- 5% from that I'm not sure but it's good enough for me.
post #113 of 226
Why wait for a card that performs like a 580 for less, when there's already one available, the HD 7950?

"It performs like a 580" isn't really a good reason.
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom 9750 (stock) MSI MS-7548 (Aspen) HD 6950 @ 971/1387 1.25v 8GB DDR2 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
750GB Windows 7 64-bit ASUS VH238H 1920x1080 Seasonic X-650 Gold 
CaseMouseMouse Pad
Rosewill Smart One Razer Naga Razer Scarab 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom 9750 (stock) MSI MS-7548 (Aspen) HD 6950 @ 971/1387 1.25v 8GB DDR2 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
750GB Windows 7 64-bit ASUS VH238H 1920x1080 Seasonic X-650 Gold 
CaseMouseMouse Pad
Rosewill Smart One Razer Naga Razer Scarab 
  hide details  
Reply
post #114 of 226
You have some nerve to tell someone what is a good reason and what isnt for them to do with their own money. The hd7950 is $480. No thanks. The kepler cards at least have the promise of being around $300 for 580 performance. No more arguing. Thats my reason now accept it.
Edited by Doomtomb - 2/27/12 at 5:23pm
post #115 of 226
Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeles View Post

Why wait for a card that performs like a 580 for less, when there's already one available, the HD 7950?
"It performs like a 580" isn't really a good reason.

Because some of us want an Nvidia card. Some by choice and others (like nyself) for real 3D Vision quality gaming.

That's like asking why get an AMD card when you can get an Nvidia and me ask that question in a Tahti release thread.

Really, go pedal your bias else where. This is a Kepler thread since you haven't figured that out already by all you negative garbage your trying to get others to buy into with your posts.
     
  hide details  
Reply
     
  hide details  
Reply
post #116 of 226
I wish AMD would design $300 card that matches their previous highest end single gpu card >_>. But looking forward to performance numbers anyway. Id love to try out Nvidia for once.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
[Intel Core i7 5820K] {4.5GHz} [Asus Rampage V Extreme] [R9 290X Crossfire] {1205/1375} [Crucial DDR4] {16GB-2400MHz} 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
[Western Digital WD10EALS] [Samsung 840 Evo 250GB] [Western Digitan WD10EZEX] [Lite-On iHAS-524-B] 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
[Custom Loop - Twin 360mm Rads] [Windows 8.1 Pro x64] [Samsung Syncmaster BX2450] [Logitech G510] 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
[XFX Pro 1250] [CaseLabs Magnum M10] [Logitech G500] [GPGR Large] 
Audio
[Creative Sound Blaster Z] 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
[Intel Core i7 5820K] {4.5GHz} [Asus Rampage V Extreme] [R9 290X Crossfire] {1205/1375} [Crucial DDR4] {16GB-2400MHz} 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
[Western Digital WD10EALS] [Samsung 840 Evo 250GB] [Western Digitan WD10EZEX] [Lite-On iHAS-524-B] 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
[Custom Loop - Twin 360mm Rads] [Windows 8.1 Pro x64] [Samsung Syncmaster BX2450] [Logitech G510] 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
[XFX Pro 1250] [CaseLabs Magnum M10] [Logitech G500] [GPGR Large] 
Audio
[Creative Sound Blaster Z] 
  hide details  
Reply
post #117 of 226
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doomtomb View Post

You have some nerve to tell someone what is a good reason and what isnt for them to do with theirmown money. The hd7950 is $480. No thanks. The kepler cards at least have the promise of being around $300 for 580 performance. No more arguing. Thats my reason now accept it.

You really, truly and honestly, believe that they'd release a card like that for $300? Are you out of your mind?

Take a look at newegg. HD 7750s are completely sold out. 6 out of 12 HD 7950 models are sold out, and 7 out of 12 HD 7970 models are sold out. Priced the way they are right now, TSMC's production is not high enough to meet demand. Even at AMD's uninteresting pricing - which they receive a lot of crap for - they're still selling out.

Then somehow a card is going to drop in for $300 that beats the performs around the same as a HD 7950. You know what will happen?

The GK 104 sells out instantly, leaving AMD free reign on the market again, until cards come back in stock. Sounds like a great strategy, eh? Why the hell would they price it that low? They'll sell out too quickly, and miss out on a bunch of money as they could have sold it for more and still have sold out.

You cross your fingers all you like, but there's no way in hell a $300 card is going to drop in and perform like the 580. TSMC's 28nm production does not support such a pipe dream.
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom 9750 (stock) MSI MS-7548 (Aspen) HD 6950 @ 971/1387 1.25v 8GB DDR2 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
750GB Windows 7 64-bit ASUS VH238H 1920x1080 Seasonic X-650 Gold 
CaseMouseMouse Pad
Rosewill Smart One Razer Naga Razer Scarab 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom 9750 (stock) MSI MS-7548 (Aspen) HD 6950 @ 971/1387 1.25v 8GB DDR2 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
750GB Windows 7 64-bit ASUS VH238H 1920x1080 Seasonic X-650 Gold 
CaseMouseMouse Pad
Rosewill Smart One Razer Naga Razer Scarab 
  hide details  
Reply
post #118 of 226
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doomtomb View Post

We all know it's coming. We are expecting it to perform around a GTX 580. This has been rumored for months. I'm inclined to believe it. +/- 5% from that I'm not sure but it's good enough for me.

I'm still not seeing a real why you would pre-order something you could buy on day 1.

Chances of getting a less than great card on day 1 if you pre-order: More than 0%.
Chances of getting a less than great card on day 1 after reading initial reviews of card saying it is less than great: 0% (excluding DOAs of course).
Foldatron
(17 items)
 
Mat
(10 items)
 
Work iMac
(9 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i7 950 EVGA x58 3-way SLI EVGA GTX 660ti GTX 275 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
3x2GB Corsair Dominator DDR3-1600 80GB Intel X25-M SSD 2TB WD Black 150GB WD Raptor 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
2x 150GB WD V-raptor in RAID0 Win7 Home 64-bit OEM 55" LED 120hz 1080p Vizio MS Natural Ergonomic Keyboard 4000 
PowerCase
750W PC P&C Silencer CoolerMaster 690 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Intel Core i5 2500S AMD 6770M 8GB (2x4GB) at 1333Mhz 1TB, 7200 rpm 
Optical DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
LG 8X Dual-Layer "SuperDrive" OS X Lion 27" iMac screen Mac wireless keyboard 
Mouse
Mac wireless mouse 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
i7-2600K AMD 6970M 1GB 16GB PC3-10600 DDR3 1TB 7200rpm 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
256GB SSD 8x DL "SuperDrive" OS X 10.7 Lion 27" 2560x1440 iMac display 
Monitor
27" Apple thunderbolt display 
  hide details  
Reply
Foldatron
(17 items)
 
Mat
(10 items)
 
Work iMac
(9 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i7 950 EVGA x58 3-way SLI EVGA GTX 660ti GTX 275 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
3x2GB Corsair Dominator DDR3-1600 80GB Intel X25-M SSD 2TB WD Black 150GB WD Raptor 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
2x 150GB WD V-raptor in RAID0 Win7 Home 64-bit OEM 55" LED 120hz 1080p Vizio MS Natural Ergonomic Keyboard 4000 
PowerCase
750W PC P&C Silencer CoolerMaster 690 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Intel Core i5 2500S AMD 6770M 8GB (2x4GB) at 1333Mhz 1TB, 7200 rpm 
Optical DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
LG 8X Dual-Layer "SuperDrive" OS X Lion 27" iMac screen Mac wireless keyboard 
Mouse
Mac wireless mouse 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
i7-2600K AMD 6970M 1GB 16GB PC3-10600 DDR3 1TB 7200rpm 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
256GB SSD 8x DL "SuperDrive" OS X 10.7 Lion 27" 2560x1440 iMac display 
Monitor
27" Apple thunderbolt display 
  hide details  
Reply
post #119 of 226
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arizonian View Post

Because some of us want an Nvidia card. Some by choice and others (like nyself) for real 3D Vision quality gaming.
That's like asking why get an AMD card when you can get an Nvidia and me ask that question in a Tahti release thread.
Really, go pedal your bias else where. This is a Kepler thread since you haven't figured that out already by all you negative garbage your trying to get others to buy into with your posts.

I'm am not biased. Prove that I'm a fan boy. Prove that I'm a worshiper of AMD. I dare you.

You won't find anything. Instead, you'll find a bunch of posts where I'm harassing the Bulldozer circlejerk, because the Bulldozer worship on this site is downright fanatical. Or, going back to one of the first posts I ever made, you'll even find me pointing out a video benchmarking that was quite skewed against Nvidia.

I know your reason. 3D Vision, I know that already. I wasn't asking you.

Why don't you pedal your bias elsewhere? Clearly you're the one that's biased, because when I point out the holes in your guys' logic, you get enraged, as if I'm questioning your religion or something.

I come in, bringing facts into the ring, and somehow I'm a fanboy, while you guys are dreaming of $300 cards that current 28nm infrastructure can't support.

Get real.
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom 9750 (stock) MSI MS-7548 (Aspen) HD 6950 @ 971/1387 1.25v 8GB DDR2 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
750GB Windows 7 64-bit ASUS VH238H 1920x1080 Seasonic X-650 Gold 
CaseMouseMouse Pad
Rosewill Smart One Razer Naga Razer Scarab 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom 9750 (stock) MSI MS-7548 (Aspen) HD 6950 @ 971/1387 1.25v 8GB DDR2 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
750GB Windows 7 64-bit ASUS VH238H 1920x1080 Seasonic X-650 Gold 
CaseMouseMouse Pad
Rosewill Smart One Razer Naga Razer Scarab 
  hide details  
Reply
post #120 of 226
Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeles View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arizonian View Post

Because some of us want an Nvidia card. Some by choice and others (like nyself) for real 3D Vision quality gaming.
That's like asking why get an AMD card when you can get an Nvidia and me ask that question in a Tahti release thread.
Really, go pedal your bias else where. This is a Kepler thread since you haven't figured that out already by all you negative garbage your trying to get others to buy into with your posts.

I'm am not biased. Prove that I'm a fan boy. Prove that I'm a worshiper of AMD. I dare you.

You won't find anything. Instead, you'll find a bunch of posts where I'm harassing the Bulldozer circlejerk, because the Bulldozer worship on this site is downright fanatical. Or, going back to one of the first posts I ever made, you'll even find me pointing out a video benchmarking that was quite skewed against Nvidia.

I know your reason. 3D Vision, I know that already. I wasn't asking you.

Why don't you pedal your bias elsewhere? Clearly you're the one that's biased, because when I point out the holes in your guys' logic, you get enraged, as if I'm questioning your religion or something.

I come in, bringing facts into the ring, and somehow I'm a fanboy, while you guys are dreaming of $300 cards that current 28nm infrastructure can't support.

Get real.

I see your point but I see everyone elses, there's too many rumors saying it'll be that cheap to not give it some credit. As for proving you're an AMD fanboy, HD 6950 and ...9750( ? I don't understand. Phenom 1?)

Guys come on everyone here is at least 5% bias, you'll always stand by what you own cause it serves you well. As for dreaming about it, come on, wouldn't that be nice if it did happen?
L.E.G.I.O.N.
(29 items)
 
S.A.M.P.S.O.N.
(18 items)
 
M.I.C.H.E.L.L.E.
(15 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
AMD FX 8350 Asus Sabretooth 990FX AMD Radeon 7950 Windforce AMD Radeon 7950 Windforce 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
4x 4gb Corsair Veangance DDR3 2x Seagate 1tb 2x M4 Crucial 64gb Raid 0 on 6gbs 2x LG Supermulti 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Corsair H100 Liquid Cooling 6x Enermax 120mm Blue LED 4x BitFenix Spectre Pros 120mm Blue LED (courte... 2x Antec Tricools 120mm Blue LED 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
2x Scythe Slipstream Slim 120mm 6x ACE High Performance 40mm Blue LED (Emergency Overheat System) 2x stock Corsair H1... Windows 7 64 Bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
3x 19" 1x17" (Games at 4010x1024) Razer Blackwidow Ultimate Corsair Enthusiast 750w TX Lanboy Air Blue (Maxed Fans) 
MouseMouse PadOtherOther
Razer Naga Razer Vespula 6 CCFLs from ELWirePros.com 60ft EL Wire from ELWirePros.com 
OtherOtherOtherOther
Custom LED Feet from PerformancePCs.com LED Toggle Switches from PerformancePCs.com Custom Built "Rig-nition" courtesy of Digkey 3d Printed Sideplates courtesy of Governor Simcoe 
Other
BitFenix Recon 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
965 BE Asus M4N98TD Evo 9500GT 9500GT 
GraphicsRAMHard DriveCooling
5x IO Gear USB-VGA Kingston HyperX WD Blue 500GB Corsair Air Series Quiet Edition 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows XP (up to) 9x LCD Projectors Generic ToPower 500 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Corsair C70 Green Generic Table Creative Sound Blaster Recon Fatality Professional 
OtherOther
APC 40 APC 20 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
I7 3770k Gigabyte Z77MITX MSI 7990 Malta "Lightning" Corsair Vengeance 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingOS
WD Green 4x Spectre Pro 120mm Black H100I Windows 7 Ultimate 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
HP 22bw IPS Logitech G510 Corsair CX750 BitFenix Prodigy 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Logitech G700 Ikea Cutting Board Varied 
  hide details  
Reply
L.E.G.I.O.N.
(29 items)
 
S.A.M.P.S.O.N.
(18 items)
 
M.I.C.H.E.L.L.E.
(15 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
AMD FX 8350 Asus Sabretooth 990FX AMD Radeon 7950 Windforce AMD Radeon 7950 Windforce 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
4x 4gb Corsair Veangance DDR3 2x Seagate 1tb 2x M4 Crucial 64gb Raid 0 on 6gbs 2x LG Supermulti 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Corsair H100 Liquid Cooling 6x Enermax 120mm Blue LED 4x BitFenix Spectre Pros 120mm Blue LED (courte... 2x Antec Tricools 120mm Blue LED 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
2x Scythe Slipstream Slim 120mm 6x ACE High Performance 40mm Blue LED (Emergency Overheat System) 2x stock Corsair H1... Windows 7 64 Bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
3x 19" 1x17" (Games at 4010x1024) Razer Blackwidow Ultimate Corsair Enthusiast 750w TX Lanboy Air Blue (Maxed Fans) 
MouseMouse PadOtherOther
Razer Naga Razer Vespula 6 CCFLs from ELWirePros.com 60ft EL Wire from ELWirePros.com 
OtherOtherOtherOther
Custom LED Feet from PerformancePCs.com LED Toggle Switches from PerformancePCs.com Custom Built "Rig-nition" courtesy of Digkey 3d Printed Sideplates courtesy of Governor Simcoe 
Other
BitFenix Recon 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
965 BE Asus M4N98TD Evo 9500GT 9500GT 
GraphicsRAMHard DriveCooling
5x IO Gear USB-VGA Kingston HyperX WD Blue 500GB Corsair Air Series Quiet Edition 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows XP (up to) 9x LCD Projectors Generic ToPower 500 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Corsair C70 Green Generic Table Creative Sound Blaster Recon Fatality Professional 
OtherOther
APC 40 APC 20 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
I7 3770k Gigabyte Z77MITX MSI 7990 Malta "Lightning" Corsair Vengeance 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingOS
WD Green 4x Spectre Pro 120mm Black H100I Windows 7 Ultimate 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
HP 22bw IPS Logitech G510 Corsair CX750 BitFenix Prodigy 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Logitech G700 Ikea Cutting Board Varied 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Rumors and Unconfirmed Articles
Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Rumors and Unconfirmed Articles › [Fud] Kepler GK104 cards in production