Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Hard Drives & Storage › SSD › [Official] Plextor M3 Owners Club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Official] Plextor M3 Owners Club - Page 33

post #321 of 470
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxT View Post

Hi all,
Question for Plextor M3 Pro Owners.
Did your drive come in a sealed anti-static baggie or was it not sealed but held with a piece of scotch tape?
I am trying to see if the one I bought (256GB) is brand new or was potentially a return.
Please let me know.
Thanks.

Don't be silly...no one would return a Plextor M3 Pro!! biggrin.gif
reQuiem
(16 items)
 
  
Reply
reQuiem
(16 items)
 
  
Reply
post #322 of 470
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxT View Post

Hi all,
Question for Plextor M3 Pro Owners.
Did your drive come in a sealed anti-static baggie or was it not sealed but held with a piece of scotch tape?
I am trying to see if the one I bought (256GB) is brand new or was potentially a return.
Please let me know.
Thanks.

why wouldn't you install it and run CrystalDisk Info it will tell you how many times it was powered on and how many hours usage, be warned Plextor does test all drives before leaving the shop so I may have as many as 30 hours usage
TRiBaL_FiShII
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 2500K Gigabyte GA-P67A-UD5-B3 SLI - MSI 560GTX-TI Twin Frozr II/OC 8GB G.SKILL Ripjaws X1866 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
PlextorM3 Pro Series SSD x2 Western Digital Black Phantek PH-TC14PE W7x64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
27" HP 2710m X2 Max Keyboard Cherry Reds w/ Red LEDS WASD yello... Seasonic X-1050w TrIBAL_fISh M0d 
MouseMouse Pad
Mionix NAOS 5000 SteelSeries Qck 
  hide details  
Reply
TRiBaL_FiShII
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 2500K Gigabyte GA-P67A-UD5-B3 SLI - MSI 560GTX-TI Twin Frozr II/OC 8GB G.SKILL Ripjaws X1866 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
PlextorM3 Pro Series SSD x2 Western Digital Black Phantek PH-TC14PE W7x64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
27" HP 2710m X2 Max Keyboard Cherry Reds w/ Red LEDS WASD yello... Seasonic X-1050w TrIBAL_fISh M0d 
MouseMouse Pad
Mionix NAOS 5000 SteelSeries Qck 
  hide details  
Reply
post #323 of 470
Quote:
Originally Posted by malikq86 View Post

Don't be silly...no one would return a Plextor M3 Pro!! biggrin.gif
Haha, that's true. wink.gif
post #324 of 470
Quote:
Originally Posted by AMD_Freak View Post

why wouldn't you install it and run CrystalDisk Info it will tell you how many times it was powered on and how many hours usage, be warned Plextor does test all drives before leaving the shop so I may have as many as 30 hours usage

Because I don't have a case, a motherboard, and a videocard for my new build yet biggrin.gif Just couldn't pass up on M3 pro for $270 with the newegg coupon. tongue.gif

Thanks for the info though!
post #325 of 470
I just installed my Plextor M3 128GB last night and am loving the speed increase over a hard drive! I ran a benchmark and i think my speeds are good, at least things feel a lot faster all around. As long as it's reliable, I'll be happy.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-750 GIGABYTE GA-P55A-UD3 SAPPHIRE HD 5770 1GB G. Skill 4GB DDR3 1600 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Western Digital 640GB Sony Optiarc 24x DVD Windows 7 64-bit 22" Dell Widescreen 
PowerCase
Corsair 620HX Antec 300 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-750 GIGABYTE GA-P55A-UD3 SAPPHIRE HD 5770 1GB G. Skill 4GB DDR3 1600 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Western Digital 640GB Sony Optiarc 24x DVD Windows 7 64-bit 22" Dell Widescreen 
PowerCase
Corsair 620HX Antec 300 
  hide details  
Reply
post #326 of 470
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxT View Post

Because I don't have a case, a motherboard, and a videocard for my new build yet biggrin.gif Just couldn't pass up on M3 pro for $270 with the newegg coupon. tongue.gif
Thanks for the info though!

In that case your good to go I don't remember either one of mine in a bag or wrapping just a seal on the box. if you don't like it I could always use another, that's a good price I think I gave 375.00 ea for mine
TRiBaL_FiShII
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 2500K Gigabyte GA-P67A-UD5-B3 SLI - MSI 560GTX-TI Twin Frozr II/OC 8GB G.SKILL Ripjaws X1866 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
PlextorM3 Pro Series SSD x2 Western Digital Black Phantek PH-TC14PE W7x64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
27" HP 2710m X2 Max Keyboard Cherry Reds w/ Red LEDS WASD yello... Seasonic X-1050w TrIBAL_fISh M0d 
MouseMouse Pad
Mionix NAOS 5000 SteelSeries Qck 
  hide details  
Reply
TRiBaL_FiShII
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 2500K Gigabyte GA-P67A-UD5-B3 SLI - MSI 560GTX-TI Twin Frozr II/OC 8GB G.SKILL Ripjaws X1866 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
PlextorM3 Pro Series SSD x2 Western Digital Black Phantek PH-TC14PE W7x64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
27" HP 2710m X2 Max Keyboard Cherry Reds w/ Red LEDS WASD yello... Seasonic X-1050w TrIBAL_fISh M0d 
MouseMouse Pad
Mionix NAOS 5000 SteelSeries Qck 
  hide details  
Reply
post #327 of 470
Quote:
Originally Posted by AMD_Freak View Post

In that case your good to go I don't remember either one of mine in a bag or wrapping just a seal on the box. if you don't like it I could always use another, that's a good price I think I gave 375.00 ea for mine

Hmm, i think i'll keep it. tongue.gif Thanks for the info!
post #328 of 470
Hey guys,

I have version 1.01. Do you know if we can update the firmware straight to 1.05?
And Do i have to wipe the drive?

1.02 is not even available to download on plextor website.

Any particular advantage to updating?

Thanks all
First Build
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II X6 1055T Gigabyte GA-890GPA-UD3H Gigabyte GTX 460 768MB G.Skill 2x2GB DDR3 1600Mhz 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
WD 640GB 7200rpm - WD6400AAKS scythe Mugen 2 Windows 7 Ultimate Dell 2209wa 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Eclipse II Antec HCG-900 Cooler Master CM 690 II Advanced Logitech MX Revolution 
  hide details  
Reply
First Build
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II X6 1055T Gigabyte GA-890GPA-UD3H Gigabyte GTX 460 768MB G.Skill 2x2GB DDR3 1600Mhz 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
WD 640GB 7200rpm - WD6400AAKS scythe Mugen 2 Windows 7 Ultimate Dell 2209wa 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Eclipse II Antec HCG-900 Cooler Master CM 690 II Advanced Logitech MX Revolution 
  hide details  
Reply
post #329 of 470
I'm getting mine in like two to three days smile.gif !
I'm so excited biggrin.gif !!
I paid:
$239.99 - $20 (promotional gift card) + $40 rebate biggrin.gif !!!!
(256gb version)
I can't wait!
I also got [free] two day shipping smile.gif .
post #330 of 470
Quote:
Originally Posted by flexium View Post

Hey guys,
I have version 1.01. Do you know if we can update the firmware straight to 1.05?
And Do i have to wipe the drive?
1.02 is not even available to download on plextor website.
Any particular advantage to updating?
Thanks all

you can go straight to 1.05 and no it wont wipe your drive, non destructive updates
TRiBaL_FiShII
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 2500K Gigabyte GA-P67A-UD5-B3 SLI - MSI 560GTX-TI Twin Frozr II/OC 8GB G.SKILL Ripjaws X1866 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
PlextorM3 Pro Series SSD x2 Western Digital Black Phantek PH-TC14PE W7x64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
27" HP 2710m X2 Max Keyboard Cherry Reds w/ Red LEDS WASD yello... Seasonic X-1050w TrIBAL_fISh M0d 
MouseMouse Pad
Mionix NAOS 5000 SteelSeries Qck 
  hide details  
Reply
TRiBaL_FiShII
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 2500K Gigabyte GA-P67A-UD5-B3 SLI - MSI 560GTX-TI Twin Frozr II/OC 8GB G.SKILL Ripjaws X1866 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
PlextorM3 Pro Series SSD x2 Western Digital Black Phantek PH-TC14PE W7x64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
27" HP 2710m X2 Max Keyboard Cherry Reds w/ Red LEDS WASD yello... Seasonic X-1050w TrIBAL_fISh M0d 
MouseMouse Pad
Mionix NAOS 5000 SteelSeries Qck 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: SSD
Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Hard Drives & Storage › SSD › [Official] Plextor M3 Owners Club