Overclock.net › Forums › AMD › AMD CPUs › neeed profesional help! :)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

neeed profesional help! :)

post #1 of 16
Thread Starter 
i want buy CPU! tongue.gif

whitch? X4 960T BE or X6 1045T or 1075T?

i have 970A-UD3
Edited by ManiaKsLV - 2/26/12 at 12:09pm
post #2 of 16
Are you planning on trying to overclock the CPU? If so I would suggest trying to find a 1090T or an 1100T black editions so they are unlocked. This makes overclocking much easier.
My System
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD FX-8320 4.7 Ghz AsRock Fatality Professional 990FX Gigabyte 7950 1100/1575 GSkills 2 x 8 GB 1600 DDR3 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Mushkin 120GB SSD WD Caviar Black 1 TB  Sandisk 240 GB SSD XSPC Rasa Rs240 Kit 
OSCase
windows 8 pro Coolermaster HAF 922 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD FX-8320 4.7 Ghz AsRock Fatality Professional 990FX Gigabyte 7950 1100/1575 GSkills 2 x 8 GB 1600 DDR3 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Mushkin 120GB SSD WD Caviar Black 1 TB  Sandisk 240 GB SSD XSPC Rasa Rs240 Kit 
OSCase
windows 8 pro Coolermaster HAF 922 
  hide details  
Reply
post #3 of 16
Thread Starter 
havent so much money! biggrin.gif from thos X4 960T or X6 1045T or 1075T
post #4 of 16
960t. Chance it could unlock to an x6 and it has an unlocked multiplier.
Sintel
(13 items)
 
Spare Parts
(11 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
I7 3770k @ 4.7 ASRock Z77 Extreme6 ASUS GTX 1080 Strix Samsung 30nm 1866MHz 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Samsung 840 EVO 120Gb Samsung 840 EVO 500Gb HGST Deskstar 2Tb Samsung SH-B123L Blu-ray 
CoolingOSMonitorPower
Corsair H110i GT Windows 7 64bit 60" Sharp Aquos 1080p 120Hz Corsair AX860 
Case
Corsair 750D 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
I5 3570k @ 4.5GHz ASRock Z77 Extreme4 ASUS RX480 Strix Samsung Wonder RAM 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Crucial MX200 Samsung Blu-ray Corsair H100i Windows 10 64bit 
MonitorPowerCase
Vizio 58" 4K  Corsair CX 750 Lian Li Lancool Dragonlord PC-K62 
  hide details  
Reply
Sintel
(13 items)
 
Spare Parts
(11 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
I7 3770k @ 4.7 ASRock Z77 Extreme6 ASUS GTX 1080 Strix Samsung 30nm 1866MHz 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Samsung 840 EVO 120Gb Samsung 840 EVO 500Gb HGST Deskstar 2Tb Samsung SH-B123L Blu-ray 
CoolingOSMonitorPower
Corsair H110i GT Windows 7 64bit 60" Sharp Aquos 1080p 120Hz Corsair AX860 
Case
Corsair 750D 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
I5 3570k @ 4.5GHz ASRock Z77 Extreme4 ASUS RX480 Strix Samsung Wonder RAM 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Crucial MX200 Samsung Blu-ray Corsair H100i Windows 10 64bit 
MonitorPowerCase
Vizio 58" 4K  Corsair CX 750 Lian Li Lancool Dragonlord PC-K62 
  hide details  
Reply
post #5 of 16
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmac68 View Post

960t. Chance it could unlock to an x6 and it has an unlocked multiplier.

its even better than 1075T? i cant decide 960T or 1075T in Latvia just $45 difference! smile.gifthumb.gif
post #6 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by ManiaKsLV View Post

its even better than 1075T? i cant decide 960T or 1075T in Latvia just $45 difference! smile.gifthumb.gif

if you want to mess around with overclocking, i would go with the 960T. The chance to unlock the core to make it an x6 and unlocked multi is much better then the 1075t. I currently have the 1075t and honestly i havent messed around with OCing it....but im pretty sure i woiuldnt be able to get it very high....smile.gif
Hexamonster
(14 items)
 
MSI TITAN GT80
(5 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Phenom 2 1075t ASRock 990FX Extreme3  Sapphire 6950 Dirt3 Edition  MSI 6950  
RAMHard DriveOptical DriveOS
8Gig G.Skill Sniper 1333 Western Digital Raptor Samsung DVD+RW Windows 7 (64)/Windows 8 Consumer 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Acer G245HQABD 23.6" LCD Monitor  Logitech k360 Antec 1000W NZXT Phanton Green/Black Edition 
Mouse
CAT 7 
CPUGraphicsHard DriveHard Drive
Intel Core i7 4720 SLI NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980M  Raid SSD 128gig Hard Drives 1tb Backup Drive 
Optical Drive
Bluray Drive 
  hide details  
Reply
Hexamonster
(14 items)
 
MSI TITAN GT80
(5 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Phenom 2 1075t ASRock 990FX Extreme3  Sapphire 6950 Dirt3 Edition  MSI 6950  
RAMHard DriveOptical DriveOS
8Gig G.Skill Sniper 1333 Western Digital Raptor Samsung DVD+RW Windows 7 (64)/Windows 8 Consumer 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Acer G245HQABD 23.6" LCD Monitor  Logitech k360 Antec 1000W NZXT Phanton Green/Black Edition 
Mouse
CAT 7 
CPUGraphicsHard DriveHard Drive
Intel Core i7 4720 SLI NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980M  Raid SSD 128gig Hard Drives 1tb Backup Drive 
Optical Drive
Bluray Drive 
  hide details  
Reply
post #7 of 16
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilhe4e12345 View Post

if you want to mess around with overclocking, i would go with the 960T. The chance to unlock the core to make it an x6 and unlocked multi is much better then the 1075t. I currently have the 1075t and honestly i havent messed around with OCing it....but im pretty sure i woiuldnt be able to get it very high....smile.gif

thanks thumb.gif
post #8 of 16
AMD is different than Intel in that you can still get a high OC from a chip with a locked multi. A 1075T will have a 15x multi, which means that you'll need about 267MHz on the reference clock to get 4GHz CPU frequency. Easily doable provided you have sufficient cooling. A 1045T will have a 13.5x multi, which means you'll need close to 300MHz on the reference clock (about 296MHz to be exact) to get 4GHz. That's a little harder for a 24/7 stable OC, although still doable. You've got a good board with an 8 + 2 phase VRM design and decent MOSFET heatsinks, so you can push any chip you buy as far as any air cooling can take you.

Personally, I would go with the 1075T since there's no guarantee that the 960T will unlock and the 1045T is a little harder to get to 4GHz if you want to get your chip running that fast. But then again, that's half the fun, so choose what you will smile.gif.
post #9 of 16
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by decimator View Post

AMD is different than Intel in that you can still get a high OC from a chip with a locked multi. A 1075T will have a 15x multi, which means that you'll need about 267MHz on the reference clock to get 4GHz CPU frequency. Easily doable provided you have sufficient cooling. A 1045T will have a 13.5x multi, which means you'll need close to 300MHz on the reference clock (about 296MHz to be exact) to get 4GHz. That's a little harder for a 24/7 stable OC, although still doable. You've got a good board with an 8 + 2 phase VRM design and decent MOSFET heatsinks, so you can push any chip you buy as far as any air cooling can take you.
Personally, I would go with the 1075T since there's no guarantee that the 960T will unlock and the 1045T is a little harder to get to 4GHz if you want to get your chip running that fast. But then again, that's half the fun, so choose what you will smile.gif.

hmmmm.... good answer! smile.gif yes i like to oveclock how good i can overclock 960T if its not unlock cores? stay 4x smile.gif better than 1075T?
post #10 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by ManiaKsLV View Post

hmmmm.... good answer! smile.gif yes i like to oveclock how good i can overclock 960T if its not unlock cores? stay 4x smile.gif better than 1075T?
This is all speculation since I have no experience with the quad-core Zosma chips, but I would assume that because they come from the same silicon as the Thuban chips, they should overclock just as well, if not better since 2 of the cores are disabled, than the hexa-core Thuban chips.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: AMD CPUs
Overclock.net › Forums › AMD › AMD CPUs › neeed profesional help! :)