Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel CPUs › i7 3820 - 4820 Overclock Club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

i7 3820 - 4820 Overclock Club - Page 318

post #3171 of 6491
Yup, case is on RMA< back on Monday, and the rest of the wtarecooling should arrive soemtime next week, so soon enough there will be results. Keep tuned into my build log, theres lots of progress there
     
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 3820 @ 4.5Ghz ASUS Rampage IV Formula X79 EVGA GTX 980 Ti Hybrid @ 1450/1900 Corsair Dominator 16gb @ 2.2GHz C9 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
WD Caviar Blue 1tb 7200RPM WD Caviar Blue 1tb 7200RPM WD Caviar Blue 500gb 7200RPM 120.5 Custom Loop 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 Pro x64 LG D2343P-BN 3D Monitor @ 70Hz Corsair K70 (MX Brown) Corsair AX Series 850w 
CaseMouseAudio
NZXT Switch 810 Black (Heavily Modded) Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum Sennheiser HD 598 Cs 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD FX-6300 @ 4.5Ghz Gigabyte 970A UD3 AMD HD8490 (OEM) @ 1.1Ghz Core/Mem Patriot Viper Xtreme 8gb @1600MHz 8-8-8-24 
Optical DriveCoolingCoolingOS
LiteOn Bluray Player Corsair Hydro Series H100i Zalman 120mm Led Fans x4 Windows 10 Pro x64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Hitachi 24" 70Hz Monitor Logitech EX110 OCZ ZT 550w Full Modular Zalman Z9 Plus 
MouseAudioOther
DELL Wireless Mouse Logitech 5.1 Sound System TP-Link TL-WN781ND Wireless Card 
  hide details  
Reply
     
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 3820 @ 4.5Ghz ASUS Rampage IV Formula X79 EVGA GTX 980 Ti Hybrid @ 1450/1900 Corsair Dominator 16gb @ 2.2GHz C9 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
WD Caviar Blue 1tb 7200RPM WD Caviar Blue 1tb 7200RPM WD Caviar Blue 500gb 7200RPM 120.5 Custom Loop 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 Pro x64 LG D2343P-BN 3D Monitor @ 70Hz Corsair K70 (MX Brown) Corsair AX Series 850w 
CaseMouseAudio
NZXT Switch 810 Black (Heavily Modded) Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum Sennheiser HD 598 Cs 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD FX-6300 @ 4.5Ghz Gigabyte 970A UD3 AMD HD8490 (OEM) @ 1.1Ghz Core/Mem Patriot Viper Xtreme 8gb @1600MHz 8-8-8-24 
Optical DriveCoolingCoolingOS
LiteOn Bluray Player Corsair Hydro Series H100i Zalman 120mm Led Fans x4 Windows 10 Pro x64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Hitachi 24" 70Hz Monitor Logitech EX110 OCZ ZT 550w Full Modular Zalman Z9 Plus 
MouseAudioOther
DELL Wireless Mouse Logitech 5.1 Sound System TP-Link TL-WN781ND Wireless Card 
  hide details  
Reply
post #3172 of 6491
Thread Starter 
Whats this ? !

Is this the 4820k
No its Haswell 1150 socket frown.gif

Edited by HOMECINEMA-PC - 6/1/13 at 4:28pm
post #3173 of 6491
This may be a dumb question, but whats the difference between BLCK and Strap? When I change the strap in my BIOS (asus x79 pro), it automatically changes the BLCK to 125 as well. I am using Corsair Platinum 1866 memory (4x4GB). What else should I change besides vcore, multiplier, blck/strap and LLC? I don't want to mess with settings I don't know what they do if I dont need to. Thanks!
post #3174 of 6491
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by yanks8981 View Post

This may be a dumb question, but whats the difference between BLCK and Strap? When I change the strap in my BIOS (asus x79 pro), it automatically changes the BLCK to 125 as well. I am using Corsair Platinum 1866 memory (4x4GB). What else should I change besides vcore, multiplier, blck/strap and LLC? I don't want to mess with settings I don't know what they do if I dont need to. Thanks!
What clock are you after ? I see you are on air . 100 strap means you can run up to 43 multi with offset volts . 125 strap means manual voltage and run a high rated fsb of 5ghz with higher multi . Does that help ? wink.gif
post #3175 of 6491
Quote:
Originally Posted by HOMECINEMA-PC View Post

What clock are you after ? I see you are on air . 100 strap means you can run up to 43 multi with offset volts . 125 strap means manual voltage and run a high rated fsb of 5ghz with higher multi . Does that help ? wink.gif

When I change the strap, it changes the BLCK to 125 as well. Is that normal? When I set my ram to 1866, then i change the strap/blck to 125, it changes the RAM speed to something faster (I dont remember the exact number), is that something I need to do? I'd be happy with a 4.6ish overclock, doesnt have to be anything tremendous. I am curious as to which settings I would need to change. I am not an expert overclocker, but I am familiar with most of the common settings (multiplier, vcore, llc, etc).
post #3176 of 6491
Thread Starter 
Yes that's correct and normal smile.gif If those settings run stable that's a good thing yeah ?
post #3177 of 6491
Quote:
Originally Posted by HOMECINEMA-PC View Post

Yes that's correct and normal smile.gif If those settings run stable that's a good thing yeah ?

I suppose smile.gif I haven't overclocked much and thought I would get back into it so I thought I'd ask. Is it better to run offset or manual voltage? It looks like running manual uses that voltage all of the time, where offset will bump it up to the max voltage you allow when required?
post #3178 of 6491
Thread Starter 
Yes that's right . 43 multi 100 strap you can run offset volts , 125 strap manual / fixed vcore . If you wanna run 4.6gighurtles 125 strap , you can change the power plan settings to balanced or power saver to achieve idle states multi should drop to 12
post #3179 of 6491
Quote:
Originally Posted by HOMECINEMA-PC View Post

Yes that's right . 43 multi 100 strap you can run offset volts , 125 strap manual / fixed vcore . If you wanna run 4.6gighurtles 125 strap , you can change the power plan settings to balanced or power saver to achieve idle states multi should drop to 12

Is it true you cannot use offset voltage if you change the BLCK from 100?
post #3180 of 6491
@HOMECINEMA-PC
Just wanted to say that the OC you set up on my PC a month ago is still running sweetly.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Intel CPUs
Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel CPUs › i7 3820 - 4820 Overclock Club