Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel CPUs › i7 3820 - 4820 Overclock Club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

i7 3820 - 4820 Overclock Club - Page 577

post #5761 of 6499
Amazing!

Now, let's hope they work and don't score worse than older ones. (cough 13.11 beta)
post #5762 of 6499
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ivanlabrie View Post

Amazing!

Now, let's hope they work and don't score worse than older ones. (cough 13.11 beta)
Im interested if mantle is gonna work the way it should with this beta headscratch.gif
and 4G is really sonic.gif
post #5763 of 6499
Mantle is definitely doing something, seeing as (supposedly as of now) dx12 is dx11 with integrated mantle biggrin.gif
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
4930k @ 4.6ghz Asus Rampage IV Formula Sapphire R9 290 Sapphire R9 290 
GraphicsRAMHard DriveOptical Drive
Sapphire R9 290 Gskill Trident X 2400mhz - 16gb Samsung 840 Pro SSD 1TB storage 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Phobya Nova 1080 radiator Phobya Nova 1080 radiator 18 x YL Silent series 120mm fans XSPC 290x water block w/ Back Plate 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
EK Supremacy Clean CSQ copper cpu block 2 x D5 pumps Windows 8.1 Pro Philips BDM4065UC 40" 4k! 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Monoprice Cherry Red Gaming series EVGA 1300 G2 Fractal Silent FinalMouse 2015 revised 
Mouse PadAudioAudioAudio
Star Citizen massive pad DT 990 PRO 250ohm schiit Modi 2 Uber schiit Magni 2 Uber 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
4930k @ 4.6ghz Asus Rampage IV Formula Sapphire R9 290 Sapphire R9 290 
GraphicsRAMHard DriveOptical Drive
Sapphire R9 290 Gskill Trident X 2400mhz - 16gb Samsung 840 Pro SSD 1TB storage 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Phobya Nova 1080 radiator Phobya Nova 1080 radiator 18 x YL Silent series 120mm fans XSPC 290x water block w/ Back Plate 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
EK Supremacy Clean CSQ copper cpu block 2 x D5 pumps Windows 8.1 Pro Philips BDM4065UC 40" 4k! 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Monoprice Cherry Red Gaming series EVGA 1300 G2 Fractal Silent FinalMouse 2015 revised 
Mouse PadAudioAudioAudio
Star Citizen massive pad DT 990 PRO 250ohm schiit Modi 2 Uber schiit Magni 2 Uber 
  hide details  
Reply
post #5764 of 6499
Hey guys! I'm new here and new to overclocking. I recently jumped in to attempt a 4.5 with my 4820k on my EVGA X79 Dark board. I have it really stable at the current settings and the voltage is (what seems to be) really low. Any thoughts? Criticism?

I have the Multi at 45 - BCLK at 100 - Voltage is fixed - Vdroop on - All power savings off.

http://valid.x86.fr/c898fb

http://valid.x86.fr/c898fb
post #5765 of 6499
Matt did you pass any stress tests? I cant seem to get my 4820k on a RIVEBE to the same settings LLC on 25% even with voltage set to 1.265 (idk if that's low or normal or what). It fails around the 6th pass of IBT (freeze or screen just freezes). Temperatures are not passing 65 usually hovering around 63 on hottest core under tests. Any advice would be appreciated.

http://valid.canardpc.com/np1f4n

For parts list wasn't stable on that save.
post #5766 of 6499
This is what I posted on the Rampage IV Black Edition Forums on what I found out overclocking my 4820k in the few couple of hours what do you guys think?

Keep in mind guys this is my first jump into the enthusiast line of computers so I have Limited knowledge. I was able to get my 3570k Stable to 4.4 and have been running that overclock for over a year with no problems so I understand some of the basics

Anybody in the club with a 4820k? If not here is what I've learned in the past week overclocking the new rig. I will tell my steps for overclocking and what results I found. Each time I upped the multiplier x1 I went back into the bios loaded optimized defaults, restarted then changed values and saved and exited.

I started overclocking first by setting XMP 2133 and just upping the multiplier and letting the bios adjust all other adjustments on auto. I started with 4.4 and booted into windows. I did short stability test runs of 15 mins in AIDA64 it passed.
From there I went
4.5 Passed
4.6 Passed
4.7 Passed
4.8 When I booted into windows I noticed that the core voltage was set at 1.536 and that didn't set well with me so I changed it to 1.4v and booted into windows and stability test for 30 mins and it passed. Temps stayed in the mid 60's never even thought about touching 70c. I left it there for a few days just running normal programs, watching YouTube, Netflix, Star Trek Online, Assassin's Creed 4 and during that time I had 1 game crash of AC4. So I bumped the Voltage to 1.405 and left it there. Stability tested that voltage the other night for almost 3 hours then AIDA64 reported a failure.
So here are my questions and maybe you guys can give me some clarity.

1. I was under the impression that I would probably hit a temperature wall with the H100i and that it couldn't keep up with the added frequency and voltage. At full load Aida 64 still mid 60c. What gives?

2. How much higher on the core voltage can I go? In the Asus guide on ROG forum 1.4 was suggested not to go over for non extreme watercooling. I seem to be fine on temps.

3. I haven't had ANY blue screens lock ups freezes etc. Only application crashes, Aida 64, Prime 95 listing errors, The new real bench V2 crashing. Normal or no?

4. By the Ivy-e overclock guide 4.8ghz at 1.4v is only achievable in 2% of the CPU's tested. Did I really get that good of a chip?

5. So far 3 hours in a stress test (AIDA64) is the longest time I've been able to get the system to pass 4.8ghz @ 1.405 bios volts 1.424 under load voltage. It dosen't like Prime95 AT ALL. Only goes a few mins before showing an error.

My Rig is in my signature, as well as a 3dmark11 my best run so far. I am quite happy with the performance that I am getting. I guess I just need some questions answered and maybe some directions on how I should proceed from here. Looking foward to working with you guys and to see if I can learn some more about this system. Thanks in advance! thumb.gif
post #5767 of 6499
Quote:
Originally Posted by snapping View Post

Matt did you pass any stress tests? I cant seem to get my 4820k on a RIVEBE to the same settings LLC on 25% even with voltage set to 1.265 (idk if that's low or normal or what). It fails around the 6th pass of IBT (freeze or screen just freezes). Temperatures are not passing 65 usually hovering around 63 on hottest core under tests. Any advice would be appreciated.

http://valid.canardpc.com/np1f4n

For parts list wasn't stable on that save.

Yeah I ran IBT on standard and on very high 10x runs, both passed fine. I also did about 2 hours of prime95 with no failures (Blend).

This sounds like a simple answer, but I'm new as well so bear with me, but could it be as simple as the second CPU power port that my X79 Dark has? The Dark has two 8 pin power sockets and I'm using both on clean lines. You would think the numbers in Bios are the numbers regardless how many wires are hooked up but who knows. My voltages are surprisingly low and I haven't found an answer why yet.

I would say try 1.3 but if you are already at 60's temp I don't think that would be a great idea. Maybe some more knowledgeable members here can clear some of this up.
post #5768 of 6499
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattshotcha View Post

Yeah I ran IBT on standard and on very high 10x runs, both passed fine. I also did about 2 hours of prime95 with no failures (Blend).

This sounds like a simple answer, but I'm new as well so bear with me, but could it be as simple as the second CPU power port that my X79 Dark has? The Dark has two 8 pin power sockets and I'm using both on clean lines. You would think the numbers in Bios are the numbers regardless how many wires are hooked up but who knows. My voltages are surprisingly low and I haven't found an answer why yet.

I would say try 1.3 but if you are already at 60's temp I don't think that would be a great idea. Maybe some more knowledgeable members here can clear some of this up.
Your volts are low cause it likes low voltage........ lucky devils aaevil.gif
post #5769 of 6499
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by yttocstfarc View Post

This is what I posted on the Rampage IV Black Edition Forums on what I found out overclocking my 4820k in the few couple of hours what do you guys think?

Keep in mind guys this is my first jump into the enthusiast line of computers so I have Limited knowledge. I was able to get my 3570k Stable to 4.4 and have been running that overclock for over a year with no problems so I understand some of the basics

Anybody in the club with a 4820k? If not here is what I've learned in the past week overclocking the new rig. I will tell my steps for overclocking and what results I found. Each time I upped the multiplier x1 I went back into the bios loaded optimized defaults, restarted then changed values and saved and exited.

I started overclocking first by setting XMP 2133 and just upping the multiplier and letting the bios adjust all other adjustments on auto. I started with 4.4 and booted into windows. I did short stability test runs of 15 mins in AIDA64 it passed.
From there I went
4.5 Passed
4.6 Passed
4.7 Passed
4.8 When I booted into windows I noticed that the core voltage was set at 1.536 and that didn't set well with me so I changed it to 1.4v and booted into windows and stability test for 30 mins and it passed. Temps stayed in the mid 60's never even thought about touching 70c. I left it there for a few days just running normal programs, watching YouTube, Netflix, Star Trek Online, Assassin's Creed 4 and during that time I had 1 game crash of AC4. So I bumped the Voltage to 1.405 and left it there. Stability tested that voltage the other night for almost 3 hours then AIDA64 reported a failure.
So here are my questions and maybe you guys can give me some clarity.

1. I was under the impression that I would probably hit a temperature wall with the H100i and that it couldn't keep up with the added frequency and voltage. At full load Aida 64 still mid 60c. What gives?

2. How much higher on the core voltage can I go? In the Asus guide on ROG forum 1.4 was suggested not to go over for non extreme watercooling. I seem to be fine on temps.

3. I haven't had ANY blue screens lock ups freezes etc. Only application crashes, Aida 64, Prime 95 listing errors, The new real bench V2 crashing. Normal or no?

4. By the Ivy-e overclock guide 4.8ghz at 1.4v is only achievable in 2% of the CPU's tested. Did I really get that good of a chip?

5. So far 3 hours in a stress test (AIDA64) is the longest time I've been able to get the system to pass 4.8ghz @ 1.405 bios volts 1.424 under load voltage. It dosen't like Prime95 AT ALL. Only goes a few mins before showing an error.

My Rig is in my signature, as well as a 3dmark11 my best run so far. I am quite happy with the performance that I am getting. I guess I just need some questions answered and maybe some directions on how I should proceed from here. Looking foward to working with you guys and to see if I can learn some more about this system. Thanks in advance! thumb.gif
You've gotta good one there mate........
and your avatar ( Data chuckin a mental ) is GOLD smile.gif
post #5770 of 6499
Quote:
Originally Posted by HOMECINEMA-PC View Post

You've gotta good one there mate........
and your avatar ( Data chuckin a mental ) is GOLD smile.gif

Thanks. Yeah I got that avatar from another member since Im a Star Trek Fan...lol

So what Do you think about some of the questions I have asked? I'm kinda dumfounded on where to go from here with the overclock. Everybody talks oh prime stable, aida64 stabe for 24 hours etc etc etc... my 1.4v is to much, and others say you can go higher. Way too much misinformation or is it too many opinions i don't know which...lol
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Intel CPUs
Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel CPUs › i7 3820 - 4820 Overclock Club