Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Mice › Razer Naga and Razer Mamba, Same Problem.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Razer Naga and Razer Mamba, Same Problem. - Page 2

post #11 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeMS View Post

Sorry to burst your bubble, but the Mamba is labeled as a palm mouse on the official Razer site :
http://www.razerzone.com/mouseguide/ergonomic/rightmouse
So as a palm mouse, your palm should rest on the mouse, and by palming, both m1 and m2 can click randomly while normal operation, which is a flaw. Besides, if you try to click so far down the mouse, you'll have a hard time to get consistent results, so even if you were right, it would be flawed.
What I don't understand is how they can put the DeathAdder as a claw mouse considering the shape is almost identical, but then again, it's Razer rolleyes.gif
About the manual, I don't recall ever seeing anything like them trying to tell you how to hold your mouse, and I've had a number of Razer mice :/

As you said, there is no design difference between their palm and claw grip... its all marketing crap. The primary difference between the deathadder and the mamba is wireless functionality, thats it. The mice are designed to be held both ways, to accommodate anyone who wants to buy one. Thats what razer is in the business of... selling units.

The reason i stated above IS why the razer buttons travel so far back on the mouse, and its been this way since the original boomslang, the worlds first high DPI gaming mouse. and dont tell me the buttons dont work consistently when you use them that way... its how Ive been using them for over a decade without issue.

Also, you're right, they never made a manual teaching you how to hold their (at the time) unconventional redesigns of the mouse. I just go on forums and make up random **** because I get off on it.

Its impossible for someone to hold knowledge you dont have, or for someone to have been around the scene longer than you, and thus have a greater set of experiences to reference. I understand this now.
(sold)
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i7 2600k @ 4.8GHz Asus P8Z68-V Pro (Geforce 3GB 580 GTX) x2 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws 17600 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
Intel SSD + 2TB Storage Windows 7 64 bit (Dell U2311H) x 3 Razer Lycosa 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Razer Mamba Razer eXact Mat Creative Labs GigaWorks G500 5.1 Surround 
  hide details  
Reply
(sold)
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i7 2600k @ 4.8GHz Asus P8Z68-V Pro (Geforce 3GB 580 GTX) x2 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws 17600 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
Intel SSD + 2TB Storage Windows 7 64 bit (Dell U2311H) x 3 Razer Lycosa 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Razer Mamba Razer eXact Mat Creative Labs GigaWorks G500 5.1 Surround 
  hide details  
Reply
post #12 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alonjar View Post

As you said, there is no design difference between their palm and claw grip... its all marketing crap. The primary difference between the deathadder and the mamba is wireless functionality, thats it. The mice are designed to be held both ways, to accommodate anyone who wants to buy one. Thats what razer is in the business of... selling units.

The design is the typical palm mouse, same as 3.0, EC2, and all other "ergonomic" mice. If you manage to hold it in another way, good for you thumb.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alonjar View Post

The reason i stated above IS why the razer buttons travel so far back on the mouse, and its been this way since the original boomslang, the worlds first high DPI gaming mouse. and dont tell me the buttons dont work consistently when you use them that way... its how Ive been using them for over a decade without issue.

No DeathAdder clicks so far back, and it's there as a claw mouse. But if you press the buttons, it needs to be at much 1 cm away from the mousewheel. On the Mamba it completely destroys the experience of palming, as the right mouse button clicks randomly by simply having your palm sit there, and your fingers on the arch of the sides.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alonjar View Post

Also, you're right, they never made a manual teaching you how to hold their (at the time) unconventional redesigns of the mouse. I just go on forums and make up random **** because I get off on it.
Its impossible for someone to hold knowledge you dont have, or for someone to have been around the scene longer than you, and thus have a greater set of experiences to reference. I understand this now.

Whatever your rant is, either take it with yourself or take it with whoever you're pissed off with, just don't come and drop that at me where I just pointed some facts and not a personal oppinion as you do.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Mice
Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Mice › Razer Naga and Razer Mamba, Same Problem.