Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel - General › Just built my rig, advice on my temperatures and etc.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Just built my rig, advice on my temperatures and etc.

post #1 of 2
Thread Starter 
Here are the parts

600t case ( two corsair h100 fans intake and 1 nzxt 140mm fan as outake no other fans.

Maximus IV Extreme
i7-2600k
corsair h100 cpu cooler
corsair gt 120gb ssd
1.5 tb seagate as data
ripjaws 1.5v 1600mhz 4gb ram
hx 1000 psu
gtx 560ti

338

I went into BIOS and used auto OC to 4.2ghz

does everything look stable?

anything i can do to improve speed or voltage??

I tried using the sandy bridge OC thread but the bios menu is different then mine and I couldn't find a thread with someone that has the same motherboard as me with instructions on what to change.

I dont want to OC to 5+ghz i just want it stable at least at like 4.6ghz with low voltage.

Any input would be much appreciated!
post #2 of 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by tvvism View Post

Here are the parts

600t case ( two corsair h100 fans intake and 1 nzxt 140mm fan as outake no other fans.

Maximus IV Extreme
i7-2600k
corsair h100 cpu cooler
corsair gt 120gb ssd
1.5 tb seagate as data
ripjaws 1.5v 1600mhz 4gb ram
hx 1000 psu
gtx 560ti

The parts look alright to me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tvvism View Post

I went into BIOS and used auto OC to 4.2ghz

Using auto OC is not bad, but your OC shall be most stable with using the least amount of voltage and with lowest load temps when you set up the OC yourself. You see, auto OC bumps the voltage higher than necessary at times so that the user can achieve stability without much trouble. But its not as good as your own OC which you shall receive with trial and error.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tvvism View Post

does everything look stable?

There is no way one can tell its stability from screenshots. You have to run stability tests like Prime95.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tvvism View Post

anything i can do to improve speed or voltage??

Trial & error & trial & error & trial & error ... PERFECTION!!!!! thumb.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by tvvism View Post

I tried using the sandy bridge OC thread but the bios menu is different then mine and I couldn't find a thread with someone that has the same motherboard as me with instructions on what to change.

The EFI BIOS menu of MIVE-Z & MIVG-Z are same iirc. I do not have a working monitor to verify, please someone correct me if I'm wrong. Take a look at **Official** ASUS ROG Maximus IV GENE-Z68 & Z68(Gen3) Owners Club. That should be helpful.

Also make good use of the user's manual. A lot of explanations are there too. smile.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by tvvism View Post

I dont want to OC to 5+ghz i just want it stable at least at like 4.6ghz with low voltage.

With your CPU thats easily achievable.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-2600K Maximus IV Gene-z eVGA GTX 580 G.SKILL 2x2GB DDR3-1600 CL9 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Crucial M4 128GiB Intel Stock Windows 7 ASUS VG236HE 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech Illuminated Wired Corsair TX750 HAF 932 Logitech G500 
Mouse Pad
Neatly folded Microcenter monthly ad 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-2600K Maximus IV Gene-z eVGA GTX 580 G.SKILL 2x2GB DDR3-1600 CL9 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Crucial M4 128GiB Intel Stock Windows 7 ASUS VG236HE 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech Illuminated Wired Corsair TX750 HAF 932 Logitech G500 
Mouse Pad
Neatly folded Microcenter monthly ad 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Intel - General
Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel - General › Just built my rig, advice on my temperatures and etc.