Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Video Game News › [Kotaku] Is This the Star of Assassin’s Creed III?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Kotaku] Is This the Star of Assassin’s Creed III? - Page 7

post #61 of 114
Quote:
Originally Posted by tippy25 View Post

I stopped caring about the AC franchise when Ubisoft started that always-on DRM scheiße. Played AC2 on xbox, there were some nice game mechanics introduced, but having Leonardo da Vinci as the Q to Ezio's Bond killed it for me. I liked AC1 the best. I saw youtube of Brotherhood and it looked like AC2.5, and Revelations looked like AC2.75. It was like they were milking the crap out of the franchise. If there's none of that UbiDRM crap on AC3, I might pick it up, though.

I also liked the first one a lot, maybe imho it was the best. The second one was also very very good, improved and simply put it wonderfully done with a quite a heavy plot and historical linking. the drm is a pain in the butt, but I got around it smile.gif
post #62 of 114
double post, sorry.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II x4 955 @ 4.2ghz Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3 HD6950 @ 950/1350 8gb G.Skills Ripjaws X 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
2 X WD Caviar Blue 500gb Asus 24x Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit Acer V243HL 24" 1080p 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G110 Antec Earth Watts 750w CoolerMaster HAF 912 Advanced Razor DeathAdder 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II x4 955 @ 4.2ghz Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3 HD6950 @ 950/1350 8gb G.Skills Ripjaws X 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
2 X WD Caviar Blue 500gb Asus 24x Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit Acer V243HL 24" 1080p 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G110 Antec Earth Watts 750w CoolerMaster HAF 912 Advanced Razor DeathAdder 
  hide details  
Reply
post #63 of 114
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squirrel View Post

Umm, you did notice that this story has to end before 2012 because the entire theme is 2012 and the end of the world, right? headscratch.gif It wouldn't make any sense to play it at the end of 2013.

Well i havnt played any since the second, so no,
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II x4 955 @ 4.2ghz Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3 HD6950 @ 950/1350 8gb G.Skills Ripjaws X 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
2 X WD Caviar Blue 500gb Asus 24x Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit Acer V243HL 24" 1080p 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G110 Antec Earth Watts 750w CoolerMaster HAF 912 Advanced Razor DeathAdder 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II x4 955 @ 4.2ghz Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3 HD6950 @ 950/1350 8gb G.Skills Ripjaws X 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
2 X WD Caviar Blue 500gb Asus 24x Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit Acer V243HL 24" 1080p 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G110 Antec Earth Watts 750w CoolerMaster HAF 912 Advanced Razor DeathAdder 
  hide details  
Reply
post #64 of 114
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBirdman74 View Post

You got me wrong bud. thats not really my main reasons for hatting the setting, Just because its based in america, There are many reasons including milking the series and the cold American Revolution not being the ideal setting or a very exciting revolution either compared to the Italian and Middle Eastern settings. The game was supposed to conclude on this one basing it on modern times, Much like the ending of AC II. This whole setting was absolutely not needed at all other then milking the series. New Assassins Creed Every Year.
Anti American? most of the world is. maybe, for very obvious and good reasons. One of many being the ignorance displayed by so many americans. Any thing that is not pro american or doesn't favor america is instantly bad and anti american? but lets try to keep that out of discussion rolleyes.gif
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QsPDT5qHtZ4

What not a good setting?

You do realize there were some pretty big cites during the Revolutionary war along with all of the forests and Mtns you can most likely roam in
Pc
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Athlon II X2 250 @ 3.6 Gigabyte GA-880GA-UD3H Xfx 4770 Corsair Vengeance  
Hard DriveMonitorPowerCase
320 gb 20 inch led Acer  500w OCZ Nxt 201  
  hide details  
Reply
Pc
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Athlon II X2 250 @ 3.6 Gigabyte GA-880GA-UD3H Xfx 4770 Corsair Vengeance  
Hard DriveMonitorPowerCase
320 gb 20 inch led Acer  500w OCZ Nxt 201  
  hide details  
Reply
post #65 of 114
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBirdman74 View Post

You didn't have to be rude to make your point.
It wasn’t rude, it was the truth. You want to use an appeal to the majority but you don’t speak for the majority. There was nothing rude about pointing out your fallacy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBirdman74 View Post

You are biased
How? Stating I’m biased doesn’t make your opinion true. Meanwhile you go on some Anti-American rant...yeah i'm the biased one.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBirdman74 View Post

and your complete argument comes from Ignorance.
Feel free to point out HOW I’m ignorant and you might have a conversation on your hands. As it stands right now, just stating that I’m ignorant just makes you look childish b/c I happen to have a different POV than you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBirdman74 View Post

It is your sheer arrogance and self righteous tone the reason a lot of people including myself find disgust in American culture and have ill feelings towards America.
I speak for everybody else but Americans like you,
LoL do you see the irony in this post? You call me arrogant, self righteous and you go off on some stupid tangent about Americans, but you profess to speak on behalf of others outside the US, which was my primary point. You DON’T speak for anyone but yourself so stop trying your appeal to the majority.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBirdman74 View Post

I speak against ruining a good series and milking it. You talk about modern gamers? How old are you? Do some goggling or Just Look here...
http://www.destructoid.com/assassin-s-creed-iii-confirms-american-revolution-setting-223023.phtml
http://www.oxm.co.uk/39338/confirmed-assassins-creed-3-rocks-american-revolution/?cid=OTC-RSS&attr=OXM-General-RSS
Its just not me, plenty of people are against having the game set in American Revolution erra and are already having heated arguments all over the net.
Care to point out a single major gaming franchise that HASN’T had a heated argument yet? Especially over the last 3 years when anything can turn into an argument online? I don’t think you can.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBirdman74 View Post

But Of course, For you to play as Desmond during the current storyline would mean you wouldn't be playing AC style among major populated cities jumping from rooftops Even tho it could be done as in 'Mirrors Edge' style. That is NOT what I want. I want them to follow what was promised at the beginning. Not sudden story alterations to milk it more. And no, I have not yet touched that game, but thanks for putting the spoiler tags rolleyes.gif
LOL I figured someone who talked so much about how the game is being milked and how the next game should be would KNOW how the last game ended. How could you even begin to comment on if the next game is ‘milking’ it if you don’t even know what happened in the last?!
Seriously, wow, how can you even talk about what AC 3 should or shouldn’t be when you have NO idea or concept of where the plot is at?! And you call ME ignorant…
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBirdman74 View Post

A Nano Suite? are you out of your mind? doh.gif You make no sense at all.
I laid out a logical argument and all you can do is call names. Feel free to point out HOW I make no sense.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBirdman74 View Post

This is Not Super duper futuristic Metal Gear Solid or Crysis one man Army.
I never said it had to be. Having a nano suit doesn’t mean it has to be like a Crysis suit. And Solid Snake’s nanosuit wasn’t really all that super beyond enhancing what he already had. You never saw Solid Snake kicking cars around or jumping 12 ft high.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBirdman74 View Post

Even The Templars in Assassins Creed 2 didnt display such weapons, because its not very practical and doesn't go well with the theme.
Wait, a nano suit isn’t ‘practical’? In what way? Think about what you said. They have an animus, a machine that allows you to live out the life of your ancestors through DNA, but they don’t have the tech for a nanosuit?! Lol.
The simple fact is that IF you want a modern AC and IF you want it to retain the same style of play then you have few options to account for automatic weapons.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBirdman74 View Post

They could however make it like Splinter Cell, Like Sam Fisher Sneaking in, Climbing Walls and Buildings, and getting things done. Thats something easily do able much like the ACII, But Not Crysis and MGS.
If you want all that stuff go play MGS or Crysis. Please dont try to Make Apple Juice out of oranges. This is Assassins Creed, Not Crysis.
And this is exactly what I’m talking about with you. You want change then you want it all to stay the same. Unless I missed a Splinter Cell game, it’s essentially a MGS-type where we have 1 main protagonist sneaking into bases occupied by massive amounts of enemy troops. How does that sound like an AC game to you?! AC is about sneaking but within crowds of major populated cities. What I proposed with a nanosuit simply puts assassisns, who use CQC and hidden blades on an even footing with Templars who would probably be armed with ARs. This would not only help with the whole automatic rifle thing but also the fact that buildings today are spaced out farther and there aren’t nearly as many grappling points on modern buildings. Otherwise the game would remain the same in my suggestion whereas under your idea we’re playing a copy of Splinter Cell.
And the fact that you compare MGS to Crysis just shows me you haven’t played both. They CAN play SIMILAR but at their heart they’re as different as it gets.
Edited by FuNkDrSpOt - 3/3/12 at 2:01pm
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
PII x4 965 Asus m3a79-T Sapphire TOXIC 5850 OCZ Reaper 2x2gb DDR 1066 
OSMonitorPowerCase
Stupid Vista Samsung 2494SW OCZ GameXstream 700w Corsair 600T 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
PII x4 965 Asus m3a79-T Sapphire TOXIC 5850 OCZ Reaper 2x2gb DDR 1066 
OSMonitorPowerCase
Stupid Vista Samsung 2494SW OCZ GameXstream 700w Corsair 600T 
  hide details  
Reply
post #66 of 114
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBirdman74 View Post

You didn't have to be rude to make your point.
You are biased and your complete argument comes from Ignorance. It is your sheer arrogance and self righteous tone the reason a lot of people including myself find disgust in American culture and have ill feelings towards America.
I speak for everybody else but Americans like you,


LOL at how you open up with "you didn't have to be rude" then go into a huge racist rant. First of all the setting of the game looks great, the end of revelations already hinted the next game would have to take place in America, there is no point in going back in time to ancient egypt because that would do nothing to make the plot go further. Second they already confirmed you will be assassinating targets on both sides so I doubt this game will be idolizing America.

While im not too sure about nanosuits and stuff, they can still make a modern assassin a badass. Look at at Arkham Asylum, batman doesnt use guns yet still pwns enemies that do use them.


Finally you are honestly the only one who sounds ignorant here and your sheer ignorance is why you have such a problem with the game taking place in America.
Redbox
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 2500k @4.5ghz Asus P8P67 GTX 970 Strix 12GB Gskill Ripjaws ddr3 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Crucial M500 Caviar Black 1TB Western Digital 500G DVD multirecorder 
OSPowerCase
Windows 7 Professional 64bit edition Antec Truepower 650 watt HAF 932 Black Edition 
  hide details  
Reply
Redbox
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 2500k @4.5ghz Asus P8P67 GTX 970 Strix 12GB Gskill Ripjaws ddr3 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Crucial M500 Caviar Black 1TB Western Digital 500G DVD multirecorder 
OSPowerCase
Windows 7 Professional 64bit edition Antec Truepower 650 watt HAF 932 Black Edition 
  hide details  
Reply
post #67 of 114
Is this getting political because some people are afraid that the game will either demonize Americans or English? Maybe both?

It was fine when the game made fun of Italian city states?
post #68 of 114
Quote:
Originally Posted by sausageson View Post

LOL at how you open up with "you didn't have to be rude" then go into a huge racist rant. First of all the setting of the game looks great, the end of revelations already hinted the next game would have to take place in America, there is no point in going back in time to ancient egypt because that would do nothing to make the plot go further. Second they already confirmed you will be assassinating targets on both sides so I doubt this game will be idolizing America.
While im not too sure about nanosuits and stuff, they can still make a modern assassin a badass. Look at at Arkham Asylum, batman doesnt use guns yet still pwns enemies that do use them.
Finally you are honestly the only one who sounds ignorant here and your sheer ignorance is why you have such a problem with the game taking place in America.

Just FYI, America isn't a race. It's a country. So that's an ethnocentric rant you're quoting - which, I agree, is ridiculous and probably actionable, so I'm going to report him and you should too.
post #69 of 114
Quote:
Originally Posted by sausageson View Post

LOL at how you open up with "you didn't have to be rude" then go into a huge racist rant. First of all the setting of the game looks great, the end of revelations already hinted the next game would have to take place in America, there is no point in going back in time to ancient egypt because that would do nothing to make the plot go further. Second they already confirmed you will be assassinating targets on both sides so I doubt this game will be idolizing America.
While im not too sure about nanosuits and stuff, they can still make a modern assassin a badass. Look at at Arkham Asylum, batman doesnt use guns yet still pwns enemies that do use them.
Finally you are honestly the only one who sounds ignorant here and your sheer ignorance is why you have such a problem with the game taking place in America.
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingsaucers View Post

Just FYI, America isn't a race. It's a country. So that's an ethnocentric rant you're quoting - which, I agree, is ridiculous and probably actionable, so I'm going to report him and you should too.

No need to bother the mods for every trivial disagreement. I wish you newer OCN members would stop snitching so much. Bac in 2007 you would just let people build a rep for saying stupid things , they'd lose their credibility and eventually pople would completely stop respondin to them no matter how trollish they got.
Edited by FuNkDrSpOt - 3/5/12 at 11:08am
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
PII x4 965 Asus m3a79-T Sapphire TOXIC 5850 OCZ Reaper 2x2gb DDR 1066 
OSMonitorPowerCase
Stupid Vista Samsung 2494SW OCZ GameXstream 700w Corsair 600T 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
PII x4 965 Asus m3a79-T Sapphire TOXIC 5850 OCZ Reaper 2x2gb DDR 1066 
OSMonitorPowerCase
Stupid Vista Samsung 2494SW OCZ GameXstream 700w Corsair 600T 
  hide details  
Reply
post #70 of 114
would have been nice to play Lucy's story, if she was really an assassin. her story abruptly ended, and i was left with no extra filler story. I WANT TO PLAY LUCY IN THE NEXT GAME!!!!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Video Game News
Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Video Game News › [Kotaku] Is This the Star of Assassin’s Creed III?