Overclock.net › Forums › Cooling › Water Cooling › My first watercooling loop on a HAF 922 rig (hope for all Haf 922 owners who dont fancy doing too much case modding)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

My first watercooling loop on a HAF 922 rig (hope for all Haf 922 owners who dont fancy doing too much case modding) - Page 2

post #11 of 32
Thread Starter 
No they are in Europe-Slovenia to be precise.
post #12 of 32
Thread Starter 
UPDATE
450
OPEN CASE-STOP THE PRESS-DOORSTOPS MAKE KICKA** CASE FEET!! Just kidding, they are a temp solution till my MNPCTech Set of 4 Diamond Knurl Case Feet Black arrive tongue.gif
450
WITH CASE PANEL
450
WITH UV LIGHTS ON -Lights are controlled by spare channel in my fan controller-gives full control (see original post for Fan Controller info)


Added:

2x EK-VGA Supreme HF Bridge Edition - Acetal-2nd one will be mounted when my 2nd card arrives
-ive also ordered 1x EK-FC Bridge DUAL Parallel 3-Slot

1x XSPC RX 120 Radiator

1x GT 1850 rpm

Changed clear Primochill clear lrt -> UV Blue Primochill lrt tubing (10/13mm)

Added 2 x Koolance Quick release fittings (2 x male/female) to enable easy removal of top radiator for cleaning.

Added 120cm Phobya High intensity UV led strip.

Added UV Blue 120 Gelid Wing as exhaust fan

Changed Sata 2 cables to Sata 3 cables-for the immanent arrival of new SSD drives.

8x Enzotech copper vrm heatsinks

2x 90 degree EK fittings (Black)

2x 45 degree EK fittings (Black)

2x Jon Lund Reservoir Lighting plugs-they are phenomenal, they make all the other ones out there look like........


Footnote: excuse the cables that are visible, i had to rush the photos smile.gif

More importantly-just before i stripped down my rig (it had been up for nearly 2 months) i thought that id add some dye & UV clear blue from a well known manufacturer for fun and to see what the visual effect was going to be-the dye was in the system for all of 2-3 hrs and clear tubes were totally stained! (i can always provide a photo as proof thumb.gif)
-the block/res/radiator was fine, but i cleaned them thoroughly with Distilled water before remounting my loop.


. So people, the old adage of Distilled H2o and KC etc stands.
Edited by kkorky - 4/8/12 at 7:49am
post #13 of 32
Why did you switch from a phobya to a EK?: reservoir i mean
Sovereign
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 3770k Maximus V Gene HIS IceQ 7950 16gb Samsung  
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung 840 120gb H80i Windows 7 x64 Benq XL2420T 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Seasonic 1000 Platinum TJ08e Mionix Naos 5000 Propus 380 
Audio
Creative ZxR 
  hide details  
Reply
Sovereign
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 3770k Maximus V Gene HIS IceQ 7950 16gb Samsung  
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung 840 120gb H80i Windows 7 x64 Benq XL2420T 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Seasonic 1000 Platinum TJ08e Mionix Naos 5000 Propus 380 
Audio
Creative ZxR 
  hide details  
Reply
post #14 of 32
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by douglatins View Post

Why did you switch from a phobya to a EK?: reservoir i mean

Simple really-the below photos show the condition that the new Phobya reservoir was delivered in-they speak for themselves. The product was also advertised with wrap around mounting brackets, but in fact was sent with cheap basic non wrap around brackets. I RMA'd the product with the retailer that i purchased the reservoir from, who was willing to change the product-the owner of the shop also contacted Phobya about the condition of the reservoir/lack of advertised brackets, and the eventual reply to me was 'Just opened all our phobya balancers - they all have the wrong brackets! I am seething now. Wait till I catch up with them at Cebit in March, not happy!' and also 'Everything you say is correct and I am constantly banging my head against a brick wall with some (i do say SOME) Phobya products. They do a big range and most of it is ok but the QC as you say on some products is shocking. I will happily send you replacement res but it won't have the correct bracket anyway. My account manager who sells us Phobya is on holiday this week but I will speak to him about this on his return. I don't want you to be angry but can understand why you are, it is annoying for both of us.' Those are direct quotes from e mails that i have kept. I also contacted Phobya and their reply was 'Could you send us some pictures about the situation? Mit freundlichen Grüßen, best regards, Andreas Klassen' No reference to the brackets at all, i even threatened legal action, but i was ignored-so, i did some digging into Phobya and found out that they are the product line of Aquatuning (WC online retailer), and having read many posts from disgruntled customers who have dealt with Aqua tuning-specifically when it comes to RMA's, i made the decision not to use Phobya reservoirs-too much hassle, and false advertising does not help either-i have copies of all the e mails between me and the retailer should Phobya try to deny the incident and spin things differently. although i'm sure that Phobya fan boys will try to have their say wink.gif

With regards to the EK reservoir, i initially wanted a Bitspower reservoir, but it would have meant waiting another 3 weeks. Add that to the time that transpired with the Phobya fiasco, and i had become tired of waiting to complete my loop, i did some forum research, and the EK reservoir(multi option) seemed to be a good alternative. I have had no problems with it at all-it works brilliantly-bleeding my loop was very easy; in fact when i was ordering some EK fittings, i asked for some spare O rings for the reservoir and my fittings, and they kindly included a bunch of them for free-so all i can say is that customer service goes a long way to helping me (and im sure others) decide where i will spend my money.
I have noticed that some retailers/manufacturers of late are starting to drop their standards in both QC and customer care-such arrogance towards the customer will eventually turn around and bite them in the a** smile.gif.

Sorry for the long winded reply-but i thought that to give a partial answer would not do the issue justice.(also note, the reservoir in the build log photos IS NOT the reservoir that i was sent-i was using a friends reservoir that he had changed out, to make measurements)

Notice the scratches/stains on the part-hardly what i would accept from a new item

450

450

450
Edited by kkorky - 4/8/12 at 8:17pm
post #15 of 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by kkorky View Post

Simple really-the below photos show the condition that the new Phobya reservoir was delivered in-they speak for themselves. The product was also advertised with wrap around mounting brackets, but in fact was sent with cheap basic non wrap around brackets. I RMA'd the product with the retailer that i purchased the reservoir from, who was willing to change the product-the owner of the shop also contacted Phobya about the condition of the reservoir/lack of advertised brackets, and the eventual reply to me was 'Just opened all our phobya balancers - they all have the wrong brackets! I am seething now. Wait till I catch up with them at Cebit in March, not happy!' and also 'Everything you say is correct and I am constantly banging my head against a brick wall with some (i do say SOME) Phobya products. They do a big range and most of it is ok but the QC as you say on some products is shocking. I will happily send you replacement res but it won't have the correct bracket anyway. My account manager who sells us Phobya is on holiday this week but I will speak to him about this on his return. I don't want you to be angry but can understand why you are, it is annoying for both of us.' Those are direct quotes from e mails that i have kept. I also contacted Phobya and their reply was 'Could you send us some pictures about the situation? Mit freundlichen Grüßen, best regards, Andreas Klassen' No reference to the brackets at all, i even threatened legal action, but i was ignored-so, i did some digging into Phobya and found out that they are the product line of Aquatuning (WC online retailer), and having read many posts from disgruntled customers who have dealt with Aqua tuning-specifically when it comes to RMA's, i made the decision not to use Phobya reservoirs-too much hassle, and false advertising does not help either-i have copies of all the e mails between me and the retailer should Phobya try to deny the incident and spin things differently. although i'm sure that Phobya fan boys will try to have their say wink.gif
With regards to the EK reservoir, i initially wanted a Bitspower reservoir, but it would have meant waiting another 3 weeks. Add that to the time that transpired with the Phobya fiasco, and i had become tired of waiting to complete my loop, i did some forum research, and the EK reservoir(multi option) seemed to be a good alternative. I have had no problems with it at all-it works brilliantly-bleeding my loop was very easy; in fact when i was ordering some EK fittings, i asked for some spare O rings for the reservoir and my fittings, and they kindly included a bunch of them for free-so all i can say is that customer service goes a long way to helping me (and im sure others) decide where i will spend my money.
I have noticed that some retailers/manufacturers of late are starting to drop their standards in both QC and customer care-such arrogance towards the customer will eventually turn around and bite them in the a** smile.gif.
Sorry for the long winded reply-but i thought that to give a partial answer would not do the issue justice.(also note, the reservoir in the build log photos IS NOT the reservoir that i was sent-i was using a friends reservoir that he had changed out, to make measurements)
Notice the scratches/stains on the part-hardly what i would accept from a new item
450
450
450

So that really bad review on frozencpu is yours? Mine doenst look like that at all, its not mirror finished, but very shiny. I agree after seeing your review i started eyballing the EK one, just because im kinda insane.
Edited by douglatins - 4/9/12 at 9:54am
Sovereign
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 3770k Maximus V Gene HIS IceQ 7950 16gb Samsung  
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung 840 120gb H80i Windows 7 x64 Benq XL2420T 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Seasonic 1000 Platinum TJ08e Mionix Naos 5000 Propus 380 
Audio
Creative ZxR 
  hide details  
Reply
Sovereign
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 3770k Maximus V Gene HIS IceQ 7950 16gb Samsung  
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung 840 120gb H80i Windows 7 x64 Benq XL2420T 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Seasonic 1000 Platinum TJ08e Mionix Naos 5000 Propus 380 
Audio
Creative ZxR 
  hide details  
Reply
post #16 of 32
Thread Starter 
No it isn't mine, this is my only 'negative' post with regards to wc parts-in fact i haven't read the review you are referring to, could you provide a link? thanks in advance
-the retailer i am referring to is in Europe, as am i; nothing to do with our 'cousins' over the pond, its too expensive for us in Europe to order from the states due to the ridiculous postage fees (whats up with that America? lol), and after having to pay the postage fees, we are then subject to customs/duty fees-so only the real hard core/rich guys order from the states imho. wink.gif
post #17 of 32
Nice! I've modded my Haf 922 too, it's in my sig if you want to check the thread. Cheers!
Gaming PC
(17 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
[AMD][Phenom 955 C3][4ghz-1.44v-24/7] [Gigabyte][GA-990FXA-UD3] [Zotac][GTX 570][810/1950mhz] [CORSAIR][XMS3 Dominator][2x2GB][1406 7-8-7-24-1T] 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
[Corsair][F90] [WD][Caviar Black][640GB] [Samsung][DVD-RW] [XSPC][Rasa+EK580GTX+] 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
[Windows 7][64bits] [Benq][21.5''][1920x1080] [CM][QuickFire] [CORSAIR][TX-650] 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
[CM][Custom HAF 922] [CM][Inferno] [Tt][Dasher] [Audio-Technica][ATH-M50] 
Audio
[Asus][Xonar DG] 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
[I5-2430m] [Acer HM65] [ATI][6850m] [2x2GB][1333mhz] 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOS
[Seagate][750GB] [DVD+/-RW] [Win7][Home premium] 
  hide details  
Reply
Gaming PC
(17 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
[AMD][Phenom 955 C3][4ghz-1.44v-24/7] [Gigabyte][GA-990FXA-UD3] [Zotac][GTX 570][810/1950mhz] [CORSAIR][XMS3 Dominator][2x2GB][1406 7-8-7-24-1T] 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
[Corsair][F90] [WD][Caviar Black][640GB] [Samsung][DVD-RW] [XSPC][Rasa+EK580GTX+] 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
[Windows 7][64bits] [Benq][21.5''][1920x1080] [CM][QuickFire] [CORSAIR][TX-650] 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
[CM][Custom HAF 922] [CM][Inferno] [Tt][Dasher] [Audio-Technica][ATH-M50] 
Audio
[Asus][Xonar DG] 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
[I5-2430m] [Acer HM65] [ATI][6850m] [2x2GB][1333mhz] 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOS
[Seagate][750GB] [DVD+/-RW] [Win7][Home premium] 
  hide details  
Reply
post #18 of 32
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by polm View Post

Nice! I've modded my Haf 922 too, it's in my sig if you want to check the thread. Cheers!

Good job mate thumb.gif Good idea with the Oreos theme.
I also have to make a confession, there is no way in hell that i would have the patience that you showed when it came to painting my rig-i just stripped it down, removed the rivets etc, then took it to a local car body shop, where they powder coated it for me-then it was a 'simple' case of re assembling the case. Kudos for the patience and time that you invested mate thumb.gif
post #19 of 32
Looks smart, very good job indeed thumb.gif
post #20 of 32
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowey View Post

Looks smart, very good job indeed thumb.gif

My thanks for your comments as well-its good to receive positive feedback from my 'peers'thumb.gif
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Water Cooling
  • My first watercooling loop on a HAF 922 rig (hope for all Haf 922 owners who dont fancy doing too much case modding)
Overclock.net › Forums › Cooling › Water Cooling › My first watercooling loop on a HAF 922 rig (hope for all Haf 922 owners who dont fancy doing too much case modding)