Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Video Game News › [CVG] More Leaked Assassin's Creed III Screenshots
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[CVG] More Leaked Assassin's Creed III Screenshots - Page 2

post #11 of 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by sausageson View Post

Looks amazing, I cant wait for this game. Hopefully it wont be terrible like revelations

I don't get how anyone can say revelations was terrible. It definitely wasn't as 'inspired' as AC2 or brotherhood but it still was a fun game. It just lacked new material but I can understand that given how its the end of the ezio/altair storyline. It took me much longer to get ino revelations, felt almost zero need to get 100% completion like the previous games and felt it was like 5-10 hrs too short but it still was a good game.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
PII x4 965 Asus m3a79-T Sapphire TOXIC 5850 OCZ Reaper 2x2gb DDR 1066 
OSMonitorPowerCase
Stupid Vista Samsung 2494SW OCZ GameXstream 700w Corsair 600T 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
PII x4 965 Asus m3a79-T Sapphire TOXIC 5850 OCZ Reaper 2x2gb DDR 1066 
OSMonitorPowerCase
Stupid Vista Samsung 2494SW OCZ GameXstream 700w Corsair 600T 
  hide details  
Reply
post #12 of 45
Ha, yesterday we were having a discussion about this http://www.overclock.net/t/1223008/kotaku-is-this-the-star-of-assassin-s-creed-iii/ and now it turns u to be true.

Wish it wasn't in the USA though. Last place I wanted the game the take place. III was supposed t be the ending (trilogy) like how Desmond is going to become the ultimate assassin in AC3. but looks like they are going to milk it instead of giving the story line proper respects. frown.gif
Edited by TheBirdman74 - 3/2/12 at 1:19pm
post #13 of 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by FuNkDrSpOt View Post

I don't get how anyone can say revelations was terrible. It definitely wasn't as 'inspired' as AC2 or brotherhood but it still was a fun game. It just lacked new material but I can understand that given how its the end of the ezio/altair storyline. It took me much longer to get ino revelations, felt almost zero need to get 100% completion like the previous games and felt it was like 5-10 hrs too short but it still was a good game.

I agree with you but why I think its terrible is because I am far in the game and I don't really understand the thing that has happen. Maybe when I play it. I have a person sitting next to me complaining about how bad the game look and the voice acting and stuff. I don't want to play it now since i don't really want to restart. Control feels a lot different than brotherhood.

Plus I thought assassin creed was based on historic events. So I wouldnt be surprise the revolutionary war. But the after film trick me as I thought it was going to take place in China.
post #14 of 45
Although i originally thought this american revolution wasnt going to be a good idea, from these screenshots i think it may actually be a good move......adds in a little extra something with muskets and stuff and different terrains compared to the cities if italy
post #15 of 45
I like this. The game can just keep going through history. There is the industrial revolution, WW1, WW2, Vietnam and more that they can make games of before we get to Desmond. I dont mind that AS LONG as its good and they have the story make since.
Micro
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
I5-6500 Gigabyte Z170N Wifi CF MSI 970 gtx  Crucial Ballistix Sport 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
OCZ 240 agility  Samsung 2 TB Blu Dvd rom NH-L9i  
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 Samsung U28D590D  Razer Blackwidow Chroma Silverstone 600 wat bronze 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Silverstone ML08 Razer Naga Chroma Razor Firefly Razer Kraken Chroma 
  hide details  
Reply
Micro
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
I5-6500 Gigabyte Z170N Wifi CF MSI 970 gtx  Crucial Ballistix Sport 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
OCZ 240 agility  Samsung 2 TB Blu Dvd rom NH-L9i  
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 Samsung U28D590D  Razer Blackwidow Chroma Silverstone 600 wat bronze 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Silverstone ML08 Razer Naga Chroma Razor Firefly Razer Kraken Chroma 
  hide details  
Reply
post #16 of 45
I always wanted the rumored feudal japan one and they give us this
he looks so out of place with his "costume"
I'll play it for the story... a console must (trophies and no DRM)
The X58
(23 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 960 @ 3.2GHz D0 Bloomfield 45nm Asus P6T6 WS Revolution X58 LGA 1366 eVGA Nvidia GeForce GTX 780 Ti SC ACX 3.0GB DDR5 Corsair Dominator GT DDR3 1600 6GB (7-7-7-20) 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
WDC VelociRaptor 300GB SATAII WDC Caviar Black 2TB SATAII WDC Caviar Black 1TB SATAII WDC Caviar Black 1TB SATAII 
Optical DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Asus BW-12B1ST CD-RW/DVD-RW/BD-R Asus BW-12B1ST CD-RW/DVD-RW/BD-R Scythe 140mm & Corsair 120/140mm Blue LED Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
LG 27MP68VQ-P 27" 1920 x 1080 60Hz IPS LED LG 27MP68VQ-P 27" 1920 x 1080 60Hz IPS LED Logitech G810 Orion Spectrum Corsair HX850W PSU Professional Series 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Corsair Obsidian 800D with SilverStone AEROSLOTS Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum SteelSeries 4HD Onboard SoundMax HD 8 Channel ADI AD2000B 
AudioAudioOther
Logitech X-540 5.1 Speaker System Razer Megalodon 7.1 Headset Razer Onza Tournament Edition Xbox 360/PC Contr... 
  hide details  
Reply
The X58
(23 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 960 @ 3.2GHz D0 Bloomfield 45nm Asus P6T6 WS Revolution X58 LGA 1366 eVGA Nvidia GeForce GTX 780 Ti SC ACX 3.0GB DDR5 Corsair Dominator GT DDR3 1600 6GB (7-7-7-20) 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
WDC VelociRaptor 300GB SATAII WDC Caviar Black 2TB SATAII WDC Caviar Black 1TB SATAII WDC Caviar Black 1TB SATAII 
Optical DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Asus BW-12B1ST CD-RW/DVD-RW/BD-R Asus BW-12B1ST CD-RW/DVD-RW/BD-R Scythe 140mm & Corsair 120/140mm Blue LED Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
LG 27MP68VQ-P 27" 1920 x 1080 60Hz IPS LED LG 27MP68VQ-P 27" 1920 x 1080 60Hz IPS LED Logitech G810 Orion Spectrum Corsair HX850W PSU Professional Series 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Corsair Obsidian 800D with SilverStone AEROSLOTS Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum SteelSeries 4HD Onboard SoundMax HD 8 Channel ADI AD2000B 
AudioAudioOther
Logitech X-540 5.1 Speaker System Razer Megalodon 7.1 Headset Razer Onza Tournament Edition Xbox 360/PC Contr... 
  hide details  
Reply
post #17 of 45
Love the concept art @ source!
Blackheart's Fury
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i3-6100 MSI B150I Gaming Pro AC AMD Radeon HD 6870 8GB Kingston HyperX Fury DDR4 2133 
KeyboardCaseMouse
Logitech K810 Silverstone SG13B Logitech G302 Daedalus Prime 
  hide details  
Reply
Blackheart's Fury
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i3-6100 MSI B150I Gaming Pro AC AMD Radeon HD 6870 8GB Kingston HyperX Fury DDR4 2133 
KeyboardCaseMouse
Logitech K810 Silverstone SG13B Logitech G302 Daedalus Prime 
  hide details  
Reply
post #18 of 45
From gameinformer and this reddit comment.
-Want it to be a jumping on point for new players without losing touch with what longtime fans cherish most.
-New hero called Connor/Ratohnhake:ton (pronounced Ra-doon-ha-gay-doo). He has an English father and Native American mother.
-More details about the protagonist/scenarios: You will experience Conner's childhood on the American frontier as he is raised by the Mohawk. The Mohawk eventually clash with white colonists who burn their village down, causing Connor to dedicate his life to confront tyranny and injustice.
-A new traversal approach that has players leaping and climbing trees and mountain cliffs.
-Uses a new version of the Anvil engine that can "depict thousands of troops engaged in bloody battle" along with highly detailed face close-ups. They later imply that if they used version numbers, they would be like going from Anvil 1.0 -> Anvil 2.0 or something of that nature.
-Judging by the images, the faces really are quite good.
-Combat is focused on putting you on the offensive and based on speed/momentum.
-The main character has thousands of new and unique animations (no carry over from other titles) to support the new combat system.
-Character details:
-George Washington: Interacting with Washington is one of the core relationships of the game.
-Benjamin Franklin: He's not a convenient inventor a la Da Vinci.
-Charles Lee: His role is a mystery.
-The game is set between the years 1753-1783 and is centered around the cities of Boston and New York.
-"It's not just going to a historical building now; it's going to a historical event."
-Event examples: "You will see the great fire of New York. You will visit Valley Forge as a location that is currently occupied by Washington's forces. You will visit these places in the moment that they were important, and hopefully, experience the reason why we know where they are today. That's the goal."
-Connor is in the heart of major battles, and they can now have a couple thousand guys on screen, whereas before it was capped at about 100.
-The overall story is still centered around the Assassins versus the Templars and Connor's journey.
-Not all the Colonists will be cast as good people, and not all the British will be cast as evil oppressors. They're trying to focus on how both the Assassins and Templars viewpoints exist in a gray morality as the Templars really believe they're saving the world.
-The French and Native Americans will also feature in the game, as was probably really obvious.
-The modern day stuff relates to that location in New York at the end of Revelations.
-There will be all sorts of wilderness in the game referred to as the Frontier.
-The map of the Frontier is 1.5 times bigger than the entire map of Brotherhood.
-The Frontier is not empty like in Assassin's Creed 1, but features a third of the game's missions and gameplay content.
-You can hunt animals for resources, and how you kill them effects your reward. A one hit kill on a bear gets you a much more valuable pelt than stabbing it eight times.
-The wilderness traversal plays a big part in the gameplay in the Frontier, allowing you to use trees, cliffs, ledges, and more to set up kills and combat.
-Connor does have a hidden blade.
-The world changes as time passes, so a field where a battle happened in one year may just be a series of empty encampments a few months later.
-The entire world will change with seasons, so the cities and the wilderness will all exist in both Summer and Winter settings.
-In the winter, soldiers will move slowly and stumble about in the snow, and lakes and rivers will freeze over allowing you to go new places. This gives Connor an extra advantage since he can still use the trees and wilderness pretty effectively during this time of year.
-There are all sorts of clubs and groups who want you to join and give you quests. These are separate from the mission system. These clubs will contact you based on what you do in the game. For example, hunting a lot will get you an invitation to the hunting society.
-There will be a goods based economy, a new property system, and more Desmond stuff.
-There's going to be some new puzzle thing like the first person Tetris.
-There's a new Animus database known as Animus 3.0.
-They're not unveiling anything about the multiplayer yet.
-There will be more platforming levels.
-Full synchronization returns, but with major tweaks. Missions have checkpoints, You also get significant rewards for doing these tasks instead of a 100%. "Imagine a leveling system in an RPG, except there's a finite amount of XP to find. The more in-sync you get, the more you fill your sync bar. Within each mission, each activity you complete has a value". You can replay everything to increase your score.
-They imply there is something resembling the Brotherhood system of picking up fellow assassins.
-Aligned groups are gone, but something new is replacing them in regards to factions. They don't say what.
-There's a new notoriety system that is more hidden and doesn't penalize you for exploring risky areas.
-The game has fast travel because the game has more traveling.
-Don't expect more tower defense.
-You can upgrade Connor's gear and costume as the game goes on in an attempt to make it feel more authentic.
-The cities have a lot more subtle detail now in terms of ambient things that happen.
-You can now leap over wagons or slide under obstacles, including navigating over and around moving objects. The free running stuff also has you jumping through windows to trees and then on top of church roofs. Basically, expect the free running stuff, but more fluid and presumably generally closer to the ground.
-Connor enters battle with two weapons. The game uses the same controls in and out of battle.
-The tomahawk and knife are a "constant presence" in battle. They also let you do double counters and multiple takedowns, and you can chain kills.
-There's no more target locking, it just automatically detects your target. Counter/defense are the same button to prevent turtling.
-You can use human shields and other context sensitive moves.
-They want you to constantly move in battle.
-There are lots of secondary attacks like the one shot pistol on the Y button.
-There's a new dynamic camera to track the action and make it look as cinematic as possible.
-There is a new sprinting system also, so you can hold the button to instantly turn around and start fleeing from combat. They also let you kill people while still moving so you can keep chasing a target. They kind of imply you can even leap off of them after you kill them, though I'm not sure if that makes you faster or just doesn't impede your movement.
-They really, really, really want you to constantly move. I mean like they say this every four sentences. Not just in battle, but in every section of the game.
-They also try to keep you more in control of the combat than ever before.
-Game Informer really loves their animation system.
-There are around 2.5 hours of character scenes in the game that are fully acted and recorded. They mean this in Naughty Dog style where they have the actors being mocaped while performing on a set that resembles the scene in the game.
-They're aiming for accuracy by having historical dialog consultants and actual Native American actors.
-This game has the longest development cycle since AC1, and has twice the production capacity (in terms of work hours) and budget of Revelations.
-They want the game to feel like AC3.5, and the game will have its first version complete in just a few more weeks, at which point they're going to spend the rest of their time refining it.

ac3-screenshots-2.jpg
Edited by iama842 - 3/2/12 at 5:19pm
post #19 of 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by iama842 View Post

From gameinformer and this reddit comment.
-Want it to be a jumping on point for new players without losing touch with what longtime fans cherish most.
-New hero called Connor/Ratohnhake:ton (pronounced Ra-doon-ha-gay-doo). He has an English father and Native American mother.
-More details about the protagonist/scenarios: You will experience Conner's childhood on the American frontier as he is raised by the Mohawk. The Mohawk eventually clash with white colonists who burn their village down, causing Connor to dedicate his life to confront tyranny and injustice.
-A new traversal approach that has players leaping and climbing trees and mountain cliffs.
-Uses a new version of the Anvil engine that can "depict thousands of troops engaged in bloody battle" along with highly detailed face close-ups. They later imply that if they used version numbers, they would be like going from Anvil 1.0 -> Anvil 2.0 or something of that nature.
-Judging by the images, the faces really are quite good.
-Combat is focused on putting you on the offensive and based on speed/momentum.
-The main character has thousands of new and unique animations (no carry over from other titles) to support the new combat system.
-Character details:
-George Washington: Interacting with Washington is one of the core relationships of the game.
-Benjamin Franklin: He's not a convenient inventor a la Da Vinci.
-Charles Lee: His role is a mystery.
-The game is set between the years 1753-1783 and is centered around the cities of Boston and New York.
-"It's not just going to a historical building now; it's going to a historical event."
-Event examples: "You will see the great fire of New York. You will visit Valley Forge as a location that is currently occupied by Washington's forces. You will visit these places in the moment that they were important, and hopefully, experience the reason why we know where they are today. That's the goal."
-Connor is in the heart of major battles, and they can now have a couple thousand guys on screen, whereas before it was capped at about 100.
-The overall story is still centered around the Assassins versus the Templars and Connor's journey.
-Not all the Colonists will be cast as good people, and not all the British will be cast as evil oppressors. They're trying to focus on how both the Assassins and Templars viewpoints exist in a gray morality as the Templars really believe they're saving the world.
-The French and Native Americans will also feature in the game, as was probably really obvious.
-The modern day stuff relates to that location in New York at the end of Revelations.
-There will be all sorts of wilderness in the game referred to as the Frontier.
-The map of the Frontier is 1.5 times bigger than the entire map of Brotherhood.
-The Frontier is not empty like in Assassin's Creed 1, but features a third of the game's missions and gameplay content.
-You can hunt animals for resources, and how you kill them effects your reward. A one hit kill on a bear gets you a much more valuable pelt than stabbing it eight times.
-The wilderness traversal plays a big part in the gameplay in the Frontier, allowing you to use trees, cliffs, ledges, and more to set up kills and combat.
-Connor does have a hidden blade.
-The world changes as time passes, so a field where a battle happened in one year may just be a series of empty encampments a few months later.
-The entire world will change with seasons, so the cities and the wilderness will all exist in both Summer and Winter settings.
-In the winter, soldiers will move slowly and stumble about in the snow, and lakes and rivers will freeze over allowing you to go new places. This gives Connor an extra advantage since he can still use the trees and wilderness pretty effectively during this time of year.
-There are all sorts of clubs and groups who want you to join and give you quests. These are separate from the mission system. These clubs will contact you based on what you do in the game. For example, hunting a lot will get you an invitation to the hunting society.
-There will be a goods based economy, a new property system, and more Desmond stuff.
-There's going to be some new puzzle thing like the first person Tetris.
-There's a new Animus database known as Animus 3.0.
-They're not unveiling anything about the multiplayer yet.
-There will be more platforming levels.
-Full synchronization returns, but with major tweaks. Missions have checkpoints, You also get significant rewards for doing these tasks instead of a 100%. "Imagine a leveling system in an RPG, except there's a finite amount of XP to find. The more in-sync you get, the more you fill your sync bar. Within each mission, each activity you complete has a value". You can replay everything to increase your score.
-They imply there is something resembling the Brotherhood system of picking up fellow assassins.
-Aligned groups are gone, but something new is replacing them in regards to factions. They don't say what.
-There's a new notoriety system that is more hidden and doesn't penalize you for exploring risky areas.
-The game has fast travel because the game has more traveling.
-Don't expect more tower defense.
-You can upgrade Connor's gear and costume as the game goes on in an attempt to make it feel more authentic.
-The cities have a lot more subtle detail now in terms of ambient things that happen.
-You can now leap over wagons or slide under obstacles, including navigating over and around moving objects. The free running stuff also has you jumping through windows to trees and then on top of church roofs. Basically, expect the free running stuff, but more fluid and presumably generally closer to the ground.
-Connor enters battle with two weapons. The game uses the same controls in and out of battle.
-The tomahawk and knife are a "constant presence" in battle. They also let you do double counters and multiple takedowns, and you can chain kills.
-There's no more target locking, it just automatically detects your target. Counter/defense are the same button to prevent turtling.
-You can use human shields and other context sensitive moves.
-They want you to constantly move in battle.
-There are lots of secondary attacks like the one shot pistol on the Y button.
-There's a new dynamic camera to track the action and make it look as cinematic as possible.
-There is a new sprinting system also, so you can hold the button to instantly turn around and start fleeing from combat. They also let you kill people while still moving so you can keep chasing a target. They kind of imply you can even leap off of them after you kill them, though I'm not sure if that makes you faster or just doesn't impede your movement.
-They really, really, really want you to constantly move. I mean like they say this every four sentences. Not just in battle, but in every section of the game.
-They also try to keep you more in control of the combat than ever before.
-Game Informer really loves their animation system.
-There are around 2.5 hours of character scenes in the game that are fully acted and recorded. They mean this in Naughty Dog style where they have the actors being mocaped while performing on a set that resembles the scene in the game.
-They're aiming for accuracy by having historical dialog consultants and actual Native American actors.
-This game has the longest development cycle since AC1, and has twice the production capacity (in terms of work hours) and budget of Revelations.
-They want the game to feel like AC3.5, and the game will have its first version complete in just a few more weeks, at which point they're going to spend the rest of their time refining it.
ac3-screenshots-2.jpg

A British Father and Native American Mother, Village Burnt Down. Same o Same o. I read through the whole thing and I am impressed a bit about the new features, nothing else. They are going to ruin it. I am telling you the whole plot and setting reeks, This American Revolution time line and involvement can NEVER match up to the nostalgia feel and longing you felt in the first two games that took place in Italy, and Syria(middle east). A British Father and Native American Mother, Heritage goes From Italy to Britain? Disappointing how the bloodline is being made to turn up. Just doesn't make any sense, same revenge revenge plot. Everything is out of place, even the robes. Should have just stuck with the original plot theme they talked about since 2009.

+ Reps for you for posting this.
post #20 of 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBirdman74 View Post

A British Father and Native American Mother, Village Burnt Down. Same o Same o. I read through the whole thing and I am impressed a bit about the new features, nothing else. They are going to ruin it. I am telling you the whole plot and setting reeks, This American Revolution time line and involvement can NEVER match up to the nostalgia feel and longing you felt in the first two games that took place in Italy, and Syria(middle east). A British Father and Native American Mother, Heritage goes From Italy to Britain? Disappointing how the bloodline is being made to turn up. Just doesn't make any sense, same revenge revenge plot. Everything is out of place, even the robes. Should have just stuck with the original plot theme they talked about since 2009.
+ Reps for you for posting this.

Italian to Britain? Is that like impossible to you or something? Look at your family tree and you will see how diverse your family will be.

I for one can't wait for this since I loved every single one of the games. But I wish they would have made one with a ninja like in Assassins Creed Embers. Oh well this still looks like a cool concept anyway biggrin.gif
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Video Game News
Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Video Game News › [CVG] More Leaked Assassin's Creed III Screenshots