Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Video Game News › [MP1st] Major Battlefield 3 Patch Planned For Spring, Will Include New Features – Possible DLC
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[MP1st] Major Battlefield 3 Patch Planned For Spring, Will Include New Features – Possible DLC - Page 9

post #81 of 166
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artev View Post

Are you KIDDING me? Seriously, i gave up playing this game for a month after its launch because it would crash after 10-20 minutes of gameplay until they finally patched the issue. 95% don't have a problem? Then why are they rebuilding the entire game with a huge system-altering patch? Have you seen the change list? Have you seen the pages and pages of people complaining about BF3 on OCN? All of my friends bought this game at launch because we were planning on playing together, guess how many still play it regularly? if you guessed "none", give me your address and i'll mail you a cigar.
another internet tough guy callin' "kids" out and dismissing other people's opinions

Overclock.net has a very tiny portion of the Battlefield 3 fan base. The ones who do enjoy it probably aren't going to show it as much because what do they have to prove? That they actually enjoy the well made game? I'm sorry that you and your friends haven't really enjoyed it and that you have had issues, but you and your friends are not everyone. Most people I know don't have issues. Maybe a small one here or there, like random bad luck deaths, but other than that it runs smooth. I never even had that many problems when the game first launched. I'm sure it's not easy to develop a game to run stable on thousands of different configurations.

The change list is so long due to them fixing whatever small bugs are left and doing many gun tweaks to improve balance for a more enjoyable experience. If this patch was important to the game's stability, it wouldn't be taking so long. We should be grateful DICE has been so supportive for the community. It's not like in MW3 where the community has to pretty much fight for tweaks so IW will maybe release two tiny patches a month and even then, they barely fix anything at all.
post #82 of 166
Quote:
We should be grateful DICE has been so supportive for the community.

i guess i am just imagining all the forums and servers and gamers staging a black out because of the lack of support from DICE, clearly it is just me and my small group of friends.

how much does EA pay you?
post #83 of 166
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artev View Post

Quote:
We should be grateful DICE has been so supportive for the community.
i guess i am just imagining all the forums and servers and gamers staging a black out because of the lack of support from DICE, clearly it is just me and my small group of friends.
how much does EA pay you?

There are over ten million Battlefield players, worldwide.

One BLOGGER suggested people stage a blackout so they can get more info and communications from DICE.

DICE have made a notable effort to provide info and communicate their plans for upcoming updates and other releases for the game including DLC.

What happens next? Just take a look at this thread.

RAH RAH RAH WHAT IS WITH ALL THESE UPDATES, I DONT CARE ABOUT UPDATES, STOP TALKING AND JUST GIVE ME THE PATCH ALREADY RAH RAH RAH RAH.

The fact that all the whining in this thread wouldn't exist if there wasn't a news article related to DICE responding directly to the REASON why that blogger was suggesting a blackout in the first place is very sad indeed.


Fact of the matter is, you wont even find 10,000 people out of the 10,000,000+ people who are so agro towards BF3/EA/DICE in general so really, the complaining really does make up quite a small minority.

The people who actually care about this blackout is even smaller.
Edited by GrizzleBoy - 3/5/12 at 12:01pm
It's-a tu maaach
(12 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 750 @ 4GHz (1.2 vcore) Asus P7P55D EVO Powercolor 5850 4x 2GB of Corsair XMS 
Hard DriveCoolingMonitorKeyboard
2x 250GB (Raid 0) XSPC Raystorm CPU block + EK 360 rad + XSPC Dua... Samsung UE37C6000  Corsair K90 + Logitech G13 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Jeantech 1000W Corsair Obsidian 800D Corsair M90 Edirol UA-25 > pair of Pioneer S-DJ08  
  hide details  
Reply
It's-a tu maaach
(12 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 750 @ 4GHz (1.2 vcore) Asus P7P55D EVO Powercolor 5850 4x 2GB of Corsair XMS 
Hard DriveCoolingMonitorKeyboard
2x 250GB (Raid 0) XSPC Raystorm CPU block + EK 360 rad + XSPC Dua... Samsung UE37C6000  Corsair K90 + Logitech G13 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Jeantech 1000W Corsair Obsidian 800D Corsair M90 Edirol UA-25 > pair of Pioneer S-DJ08  
  hide details  
Reply
post #84 of 166
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artev View Post

Are you KIDDING me? Seriously, i gave up playing this game for a month after its launch because it would crash after 10-20 minutes of gameplay until they finally patched the issue.
Quote:
Originally Posted by downlinx View Post

if you look closer, it is not stability issues they are addressing, they are addressing tweaks to weapons. I will call you a kid as that is how your acting. Your opinion is very one sided as soon as you brought another game into your opinion, especially when you can not compare the two games as they are different types of games, while being in the same genre.
if you have stability issue, maybe you should try looking into your computer and not blame the game or the company. I have 0 stability issue with the game and so do all of my friends.

you have no reading comprehension. You called me out for something i said was already fixed.

My opinion IS in fact one sided, it is MY opinion. My opinion is that BF3 has some major issues holding it back. Other people have a similar opinion and agree with me. You don't. I am not slamming you for having an opinion, i am not saying your opinion is invalid, I am saying that I disagree with you and that the game needs work. What have I said that was one sided? What have I said that can even really be disagreed with? DICE themselves agree because they are rebalancing the entire game with multiple pages worth of changes. Note the title of this thread "Major Battlefield 3 Patch Planned for Spring" - if the game was that great, it wouldn't need a MAJOR patch to fix it.
post #85 of 166
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artev View Post

Quote:
We should be grateful DICE has been so supportive for the community.
i guess i am just imagining all the forums and servers and gamers staging a black out because of the lack of support from DICE, clearly it is just me and my small group of friends.
how much does EA pay you?

I guess I'm just imagining the twice a week updates from DICE posted on MP1st since launch. tongue.gif

I love how when people defend a game we enjoy, we are accused of being undercover PR agents for that company. xD
post #86 of 166
I love how I stated some dissatisfaction towards DICE and multiple people jumped down my throat like I insulted their mother.
post #87 of 166
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordikon View Post

Please understand that it's a business. Not all developers have hundreds of millions of dollars to throw around making a AAA game designed for the PC, which they will not be able to recoup their money on. Developers need to make profits if they want to remain in business, and no publisher is EVER going to sign a contract for a game that will lose money. PC-only AAA games were more profitable 10+ years ago because those kinds of games simply could not be run on a console, but consoles have put themselves in a position to be able to run games very similar to what a PC could run (albeit at a lower resolution/quality). As soon as consoles could start to run those games there were less people that wanted to continue gaming on a more expensive system like a PC. Consoles are easier to use and more affordable, and that is where much of the consumer base has moved to, and developers have very little choice other than to follow the consumers and develop for the hardware that consumers prefer to use.
OCN has a hard time seeing this because they are a very small subset of the population that is contrary to the market trends, OCN members largely prefer to remain on their PCs, so it is probably difficult for them to watch mainstream gaming (for most genres) move toward consoles. Luckily for me I have the best of both worlds by owning multiple PCs, multiple consoles, and multiple handhelds. There is no shortage of awesome games out there to play, as long as you're willing to broaden your horizons.

Was DICE not a business in 2004? You don't need to spend hundreds of millions of dollars on Battlefield. They sure didn't with 1942/BF2... All you need to do, is copy the same features you built into the previous games and update the graphics with your new engine. Aspects that are fundamental to PC gaming are missing because it isn't practical on consoles. They can't even get the old maps from BF2 done right in BF3. And that, didn't even require any designing of a brand new map. They're lazy and don't care about making a good Battlefield game anymore. They're too busy trying to milk the half-finished game with DLCs. Those hundreds of millions of dollars, mostly went to marketing...
post #88 of 166
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoopaScoopa View Post

Was DICE not a business in 2004? You don't need to spend hundreds of millions of dollars on Battlefield. They sure didn't with 1942/BF2... All you need to do, is copy the same features you built into the previous games and update the graphics with your new engine. Aspects that are fundamental to PC gaming are missing because it isn't practical on consoles. They can't even get the old maps from BF2 done right in BF3. And that, didn't even require any designing of a brand new map. They're lazy and don't care about making a good Battlefield game anymore. They're too busy trying to milk the half-finished game with DLCs. Those hundreds of millions of dollars, mostly went to marketing...

You understand that DICE is and always has been a business, yet cant understand the concept of why copy + paste + new skin != sales in modern day gaming?

Not even to mention the fact that they're working with completely different engine with completely different gameplay elements/opportunities that never existed in the old game.

Sure if you're activision and you have a product that breaks sales records every time you sell that copy/pasta, then go for it. If not, good luck.

The reason why ARMA doesn't sell as well as COD and BF3? It's because the majority of people want games like COD and BF3.
It's-a tu maaach
(12 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 750 @ 4GHz (1.2 vcore) Asus P7P55D EVO Powercolor 5850 4x 2GB of Corsair XMS 
Hard DriveCoolingMonitorKeyboard
2x 250GB (Raid 0) XSPC Raystorm CPU block + EK 360 rad + XSPC Dua... Samsung UE37C6000  Corsair K90 + Logitech G13 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Jeantech 1000W Corsair Obsidian 800D Corsair M90 Edirol UA-25 > pair of Pioneer S-DJ08  
  hide details  
Reply
It's-a tu maaach
(12 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 750 @ 4GHz (1.2 vcore) Asus P7P55D EVO Powercolor 5850 4x 2GB of Corsair XMS 
Hard DriveCoolingMonitorKeyboard
2x 250GB (Raid 0) XSPC Raystorm CPU block + EK 360 rad + XSPC Dua... Samsung UE37C6000  Corsair K90 + Logitech G13 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Jeantech 1000W Corsair Obsidian 800D Corsair M90 Edirol UA-25 > pair of Pioneer S-DJ08  
  hide details  
Reply
post #89 of 166
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artev View Post

I love how I stated some dissatisfaction towards DICE and multiple people jumped down my throat like I insulted their mother.

I was just posting my opinion about your opinion, while correcting a few things as well. Just because you and your friends didn't enjoy the game definitely doesn't mean it sucks by any means. It simply means you didn't enjoy it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoopaScoopa View Post

Was DICE not a business in 2004? You don't need to spend hundreds of millions of dollars on Battlefield. They sure didn't with 1942/BF2... All you need to do, is copy the same features you built into the previous games and update the graphics with your new engine. Aspects that are fundamental to PC gaming are missing because it isn't practical on consoles. They can't even get the old maps from BF2 done right in BF3. And that, didn't even require any designing of a brand new map. They're lazy and don't care about making a good Battlefield game anymore. They're too busy trying to milk the half-finished game with DLCs. Those hundreds of millions of dollars, mostly went to marketing...

Oh yes.. Totally lazy. Showing this game more attention than any other of their games is such laziness. Oh and they're definitely milking it! They've released one DLC since launch and just announced there may be another one on the way, months after the first was released! Damn DICE! Damn them for spending their time developing extra content for us! Damn them for wanting us to pay for their time and effort!

In all seriousness, if they really didn't care, they would have released the game and left it at that. They wouldn't patched it at all, let alone as much as they have. They wouldn't tweak any weapons based on player feedback. So what if SOME things are missing (stuff that actually may be in the works, stuff that has neither been confirmed or denied but being attempted)? The game doesn't need what's missing to be enjoyable, especially since some of them have third-party alternatives. BTW, redesigning the old maps on a new engine isn't going to be as simple as copy and pasting (which people despise CoD for?), they have to redesign most aspects from scratch and I personally think they did a great job.
post #90 of 166
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoopaScoopa View Post

Was DICE not a business in 2004? You don't need to spend hundreds of millions of dollars on Battlefield. They sure didn't with 1942/BF2... All you need to do, is copy the same features you built into the previous games and update the graphics with your new engine. Aspects that are fundamental to PC gaming are missing because it isn't practical on consoles. They can't even get the old maps from BF2 done right in BF3. And that, didn't even require any designing of a brand new map. They're lazy and don't care about making a good Battlefield game anymore. They're too busy trying to milk the half-finished game with DLCs. Those hundreds of millions of dollars, mostly went to marketing...

Re-read my post, particularly this part:
Quote:
As soon as consoles could start to run those games there were less people that wanted to continue gaming on a more expensive system like a PC. Consoles are easier to use and more affordable, and that is where much of the consumer base has moved to, and developers have very little choice other than to follow the consumers and develop for the hardware that consumers prefer to use.

DICE could still make money doing PC-only games, but it would significantly less than it was in 2004 due to how many people have moved to consoles. So as a business what do you do? Stick with PC only and make 1/5th of what you would have made in 2004, or made 5x more than you would've made in 2004 by primarily targeting today's consoles? Design the game for consoles and you make 10x as many people happy, and get much more money. Design the game for PCs and the console people are less happy, and they are where most of your money would have come from, except you decided to target PCs. When it comes to game types like FPS, racing, RPG games, etc, consoles are the major platform, targeting anything else to spend most of your development time on would be a bad decision (financially).
Foldatron
(17 items)
 
Mat
(10 items)
 
Work iMac
(9 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i7 950 EVGA x58 3-way SLI EVGA GTX 660ti GTX 275 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
3x2GB Corsair Dominator DDR3-1600 80GB Intel X25-M SSD 2TB WD Black 150GB WD Raptor 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
2x 150GB WD V-raptor in RAID0 Win7 Home 64-bit OEM 55" LED 120hz 1080p Vizio MS Natural Ergonomic Keyboard 4000 
PowerCase
750W PC P&C Silencer CoolerMaster 690 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Intel Core i5 2500S AMD 6770M 8GB (2x4GB) at 1333Mhz 1TB, 7200 rpm 
Optical DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
LG 8X Dual-Layer "SuperDrive" OS X Lion 27" iMac screen Mac wireless keyboard 
Mouse
Mac wireless mouse 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
i7-2600K AMD 6970M 1GB 16GB PC3-10600 DDR3 1TB 7200rpm 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
256GB SSD 8x DL "SuperDrive" OS X 10.7 Lion 27" 2560x1440 iMac display 
Monitor
27" Apple thunderbolt display 
  hide details  
Reply
Foldatron
(17 items)
 
Mat
(10 items)
 
Work iMac
(9 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i7 950 EVGA x58 3-way SLI EVGA GTX 660ti GTX 275 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
3x2GB Corsair Dominator DDR3-1600 80GB Intel X25-M SSD 2TB WD Black 150GB WD Raptor 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
2x 150GB WD V-raptor in RAID0 Win7 Home 64-bit OEM 55" LED 120hz 1080p Vizio MS Natural Ergonomic Keyboard 4000 
PowerCase
750W PC P&C Silencer CoolerMaster 690 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Intel Core i5 2500S AMD 6770M 8GB (2x4GB) at 1333Mhz 1TB, 7200 rpm 
Optical DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
LG 8X Dual-Layer "SuperDrive" OS X Lion 27" iMac screen Mac wireless keyboard 
Mouse
Mac wireless mouse 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
i7-2600K AMD 6970M 1GB 16GB PC3-10600 DDR3 1TB 7200rpm 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
256GB SSD 8x DL "SuperDrive" OS X 10.7 Lion 27" 2560x1440 iMac display 
Monitor
27" Apple thunderbolt display 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Video Game News
Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Video Game News › [MP1st] Major Battlefield 3 Patch Planned For Spring, Will Include New Features – Possible DLC