Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Rumors and Unconfirmed Articles › [MMORPG-Italy] Diablo 3 Release Date Potentially Leaked!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[MMORPG-Italy] Diablo 3 Release Date Potentially Leaked! - Page 6

post #51 of 100
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ESP View Post

Personally attacking me doesn't make you right. You have YET to give me a SINGLE REASON why Blizzard would not sell items on it's own Auction House. "Trusting Blizzard" is not a reason. Just because you are not capable of creating an argument does not mean you have the right to try and insult me.
Because yah, Blizzard is really going to turn down millions of dollars (yes if you spend 5 minutes to think about it, well into the millions) in revenue because people"trust" them, when all they have to do is make the Auctions anonymous.
Seriously, are you even going to attempt to create a rationale for your argument?
The fact is that everyone who wants to be competitive in the game will HAVE to buy items because their character will always suck compared to everyone else who does if they don't.
Seriously this isn't rocket science, it's common sense.

Ok lets think about this for a moment. Say the RMAH was NOT anonymous.

You could see who is selling the items.

In this case, what would prevent Blizzard from creating characters to sell these crazy items on? NOTHING. Either way, Blizz is the developer and COULD do this. There's no way around that.

As for the second part of your post, you will not HAVE to buy items to beat Inferno, I don't think. Tough to tell without playing it. If you're getting destroyed you will just have to go slow or get some friends online.
Woot
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 2700k Asrock Z68 Extreme3 Gen 3 GTX 680 16gb Corsair Vengeance ddr3 1600 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
120gb Intel 510 series ssd, 80gb Intel 320 seri... Asus dvdrw Corsair h80 + 9 case fans Win 7 64bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell U2711 Razer Blackwidow PC P&C 950w Silencer Corsair 400r 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Razer Mamba 2012 Black Ultrasone 550's, X-fi Titanium HD  M-Audio AV40 
  hide details  
Reply
Woot
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 2700k Asrock Z68 Extreme3 Gen 3 GTX 680 16gb Corsair Vengeance ddr3 1600 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
120gb Intel 510 series ssd, 80gb Intel 320 seri... Asus dvdrw Corsair h80 + 9 case fans Win 7 64bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell U2711 Razer Blackwidow PC P&C 950w Silencer Corsair 400r 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Razer Mamba 2012 Black Ultrasone 550's, X-fi Titanium HD  M-Audio AV40 
  hide details  
Reply
post #52 of 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobotheklown View Post

Ok lets think about this for a moment. Say the RMAH was NOT anonymous.
You could see who is selling the items.
In this case, what would prevent Blizzard from creating characters to sell these crazy items on? NOTHING. Either way, Blizz is the developer and COULD do this. There's no way around that.
As for the second part of your post, you will not HAVE to buy items to beat Inferno, I don't think. Tough to tell without playing it. If you're getting destroyed you will just have to go slow or get some friends online.

You're right they could just do that, but it would take a lot more effort and cost them a lot more money, and it would be trackable.

Them selling items is really only a bad thing if you were planning on selling items yourself for money. It will really let them manage the in game economy tightly though, which means that when you hit the "jack pot" it will be worth substantially less then it would have been otherwise.

I'm really not trying to upset anyone here, and there is a good chance that this wont have a big impact on the game for many players. Those, however, who were excited about the idea of selling lots of items for real money will likely never make their initial investment in the game back.

Ignorance might be bliss, but I'm sure the game will still be awesome even knowing that when you buy an item off the AH that it might be Blizzard themselves who put it there.



About having to buy items to be competitive I was mostly referring to PVP, but I imagine it will be the same for Inferno since that is where all the best items will be dropped.
Edited by ESP - 3/3/12 at 10:47pm
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-2500k  MSI z68ma-EP55 4870 1GB 8GB Kingston Hyper X DDR3 1333 (7-7-7-20) 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
60GB OCZ V2 SSD and lots of mech drives DVD-ROM Windows 7 chronic edition BENQ 1680X1050 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Kinesis Freestyle PC Power and Cooling 610watt Lian Li PC-A04B wowpen joy 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-2500k  MSI z68ma-EP55 4870 1GB 8GB Kingston Hyper X DDR3 1333 (7-7-7-20) 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
60GB OCZ V2 SSD and lots of mech drives DVD-ROM Windows 7 chronic edition BENQ 1680X1050 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Kinesis Freestyle PC Power and Cooling 610watt Lian Li PC-A04B wowpen joy 
  hide details  
Reply
post #53 of 100
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ESP View Post

You're right they could just do that, but it would take a lot more effort and cost them a lot more money, and it would be trackable.
Them selling items is really only a bad thing if you were planning on selling items yourself for money. It will really let them manage the in game economy tightly though, which means that when you hit the "jack pot" it will be worth substantially less then it would have been otherwise.
I'm really not trying to upset anyone here, and there is a good chance that this wont have a big impact on the game for many players. Those, however, who were excited about the idea of selling lots of items for real money will likely never make their initial investment in the game back.
Ignorance might be bliss, but I'm sure the game will still be awesome even knowing that when you buy an item off the AH that it might be Blizzard themselves who put it there.
About having to buy items to be competitive I was mostly referring to PVP, but I imagine it will be the same for Inferno since that is where all the best items will be dropped.

Oh jeez yeah didn't think about pvp... ghetto frown.gif

I don't plan on even looking at the AH's for a while after release so it really doesn't matter to me in the end. Will be trading and sharing items with friends.
Woot
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 2700k Asrock Z68 Extreme3 Gen 3 GTX 680 16gb Corsair Vengeance ddr3 1600 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
120gb Intel 510 series ssd, 80gb Intel 320 seri... Asus dvdrw Corsair h80 + 9 case fans Win 7 64bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell U2711 Razer Blackwidow PC P&C 950w Silencer Corsair 400r 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Razer Mamba 2012 Black Ultrasone 550's, X-fi Titanium HD  M-Audio AV40 
  hide details  
Reply
Woot
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 2700k Asrock Z68 Extreme3 Gen 3 GTX 680 16gb Corsair Vengeance ddr3 1600 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
120gb Intel 510 series ssd, 80gb Intel 320 seri... Asus dvdrw Corsair h80 + 9 case fans Win 7 64bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell U2711 Razer Blackwidow PC P&C 950w Silencer Corsair 400r 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Razer Mamba 2012 Black Ultrasone 550's, X-fi Titanium HD  M-Audio AV40 
  hide details  
Reply
post #54 of 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobotheklown View Post

Updated OP.
Update from Jay Wilson:
http://twitter.com/#!/Angryrobotics/status/176116505023488001
Quote:
Ben Brown ‏ @BenBrown68 · Details
@Angryrobotics @lezenko can you debunk the rumor of april 17th or confirm?
Jay Wilson
‏ @Angryrobotics
Follow
@BenBrown68 I cannot debunk or confirm.

April 16th is my birthday, Even if it isnt the 17th in the US just knowing that it could potentially be that close would be mind blowningly amazing! biggrin.gif

Hope they end up confirming it biggrin.gif I'll be getting it upon release!
All Might
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Ryzen R7 1800X X370 GAMING PRO CARBON (MS-7A32) Sapphire R9 290 Tri-X G.SKILL TridentZ RGB Series 32GB (4 x 8GB) 288-... 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Seagate Barracuda STBD3000100 3TB 7200 RPM 64MB... Seagate Barracuda STBD3000100 3TB 7200 RPM 64MB... ASUS Black Blu-ray Drive SATA Model BC-12B1ST/B...  CORSAIR Hydro Series H60 (CW-9060007-WW) High ... 
OSMonitorMonitorMonitor
Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 64-bit Asus 27" MX279 Acer 24"  Acer 24"  
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
NMB Vintage Keyboard  EVGA 110-B2-0850-V1 80 PLUS Bronze 850 W Semi-... Cooler Master HAF 932 Full-Tower Case Razer DeathAdder 2013 
Mouse Pad
Haruko Haruhara Mousepad 
  hide details  
Reply
All Might
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Ryzen R7 1800X X370 GAMING PRO CARBON (MS-7A32) Sapphire R9 290 Tri-X G.SKILL TridentZ RGB Series 32GB (4 x 8GB) 288-... 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Seagate Barracuda STBD3000100 3TB 7200 RPM 64MB... Seagate Barracuda STBD3000100 3TB 7200 RPM 64MB... ASUS Black Blu-ray Drive SATA Model BC-12B1ST/B...  CORSAIR Hydro Series H60 (CW-9060007-WW) High ... 
OSMonitorMonitorMonitor
Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 64-bit Asus 27" MX279 Acer 24"  Acer 24"  
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
NMB Vintage Keyboard  EVGA 110-B2-0850-V1 80 PLUS Bronze 850 W Semi-... Cooler Master HAF 932 Full-Tower Case Razer DeathAdder 2013 
Mouse Pad
Haruko Haruhara Mousepad 
  hide details  
Reply
post #55 of 100
Blizzard controls the game but couldn't generate fake names or accounts to sell items if they wanted.

Derp.

Either way they could play the system. By claiming this is magical proof of their intentions, you're just making a fool of yourself.

Edit: Flooding the market with "millions of dollars" of goods would ruin the market anyway. It'd ruin game balance, crashing the population, it'd ruin the worth of the items being sold, screwing up their own plan, and would invalidate any other items than the absolute top-tier.

I really don't see Blizzard putting their reputation on the line for an extra few hundred, maybe thousand dollars a month. But what do I know. I'm only using logic.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 2500k ASUS P8P67 NVidia 560 RipjawsX 8GB (2 x 4GB) 1866MHz 
Hard Drive
SSD/HDD 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 2500k ASUS P8P67 NVidia 560 RipjawsX 8GB (2 x 4GB) 1866MHz 
Hard Drive
SSD/HDD 
  hide details  
Reply
post #56 of 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iblis View Post

Blizzard controls the game but couldn't generate fake names or accounts to sell items if they wanted.
Derp.
Either way they could play the system. By claiming this is magical proof of their intentions, you're just making a fool of yourself.
Edit: Flooding the market with "millions of dollars" of goods would ruin the market anyway. It'd ruin game balance, crashing the population, it'd ruin the worth of the items being sold, screwing up their own plan, and would invalidate any other items than the absolute top-tier.
I really don't see Blizzard putting their reputation on the line for an extra few hundred, maybe thousand dollars a month. But what do I know. I'm only using logic.

Logic is often overriden by the power of greed, my friend. History has proven that countless times.

I believe Blizzard *could be capable* of manipulating the RMAH, however, that isn't to say that I believe they will. I have had my doubts as well, and since things aren't going to be transparent to the community, we may never know. There may be a few select items here and there that pop up that are 'extremely rare' and just happen to be found. They go up for a lot of money and ching-ching, blizzard makes a killing and no one will ever know.

It's no less believable than saying they WONT do this. Humans are, by nature, greedy. If you can't believe that they're capable of - and probably will do this, then you're just fooling yourself.
Orly
(23 items)
 
Wife's rig
(14 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
3770k - Delidded ASRock z77 extreme4 GTX 980 Ti Classified GTX 980 Ti Kingpin 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
16gb Samsung Wonder RAM @2200 11-10-11-28 Samsung 840 pro 256gb Seagate FireCuda 2TB HGST Deskstar NAS 5TB 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Apogee GTZ/MCP35X x2 in series/Koolance RP-401X2 EK-FC 780 GTX Classy - Acetal+Nickel+Backplate HWLabs Nemesis 360GTX EK-FC980 GTX Ti Classy KPE - Nickel 
CoolingOSMonitorMonitor
HWLabs SR2 240mm MP Win10x64 Asus PG279Q Dell U2414h 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell U2414h Ducky Shine 3 Orange LED Cherry MX Red Corsair ax860i w/red sleeved power cables Corsair Obsidian 800D w/bottom rad mod 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Roccat Kone XTD Roccat Alumic Creative X-FI Titanium HD 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 3570k Asrock z77 extreme4 GTX 680 (flashed to 770) 2x4GB gskill ddr3 1866 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung 850 evo 250gb Cooler Master Glacer 240L Win10x64 pro Dell U2414h 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech RaidMax Modular 600w InWin 303 White Rando mmo mouse 
Mouse PadAudio
Generic Onboard 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Ryzen 7 1700 GIGABYTE AORUS GA-AX370-Gaming K7 Zotac 1080ti Amp! Extreme Corsair Vengeance 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 3200 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
Samsung 960 PRO Series - 512GB WD Black - 4TB DEEPCOOL CAPTAIN 360 Gaming in Red Corsair ML140 Pro in Red 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Corsair ML120 Pro in Red Windows 10 x64 Pro ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q HyperX Alloy FPS Mechanical 
PowerCaseAudio
Corsair AX860i Corsair Crystal Series 570x Creative Soundblaster Z 
  hide details  
Reply
Orly
(23 items)
 
Wife's rig
(14 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
3770k - Delidded ASRock z77 extreme4 GTX 980 Ti Classified GTX 980 Ti Kingpin 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
16gb Samsung Wonder RAM @2200 11-10-11-28 Samsung 840 pro 256gb Seagate FireCuda 2TB HGST Deskstar NAS 5TB 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Apogee GTZ/MCP35X x2 in series/Koolance RP-401X2 EK-FC 780 GTX Classy - Acetal+Nickel+Backplate HWLabs Nemesis 360GTX EK-FC980 GTX Ti Classy KPE - Nickel 
CoolingOSMonitorMonitor
HWLabs SR2 240mm MP Win10x64 Asus PG279Q Dell U2414h 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell U2414h Ducky Shine 3 Orange LED Cherry MX Red Corsair ax860i w/red sleeved power cables Corsair Obsidian 800D w/bottom rad mod 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Roccat Kone XTD Roccat Alumic Creative X-FI Titanium HD 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 3570k Asrock z77 extreme4 GTX 680 (flashed to 770) 2x4GB gskill ddr3 1866 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung 850 evo 250gb Cooler Master Glacer 240L Win10x64 pro Dell U2414h 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech RaidMax Modular 600w InWin 303 White Rando mmo mouse 
Mouse PadAudio
Generic Onboard 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Ryzen 7 1700 GIGABYTE AORUS GA-AX370-Gaming K7 Zotac 1080ti Amp! Extreme Corsair Vengeance 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 3200 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
Samsung 960 PRO Series - 512GB WD Black - 4TB DEEPCOOL CAPTAIN 360 Gaming in Red Corsair ML140 Pro in Red 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Corsair ML120 Pro in Red Windows 10 x64 Pro ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q HyperX Alloy FPS Mechanical 
PowerCaseAudio
Corsair AX860i Corsair Crystal Series 570x Creative Soundblaster Z 
  hide details  
Reply
post #57 of 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by ESP View Post

Can you explain one single possible reason to make it anonymous other then Blizzard wanting to sell stuff? All they have to do is keep auctions anonymous and then they have completely control over everything that happens. They will make millions upon millions selling their own in game items. You would have to being seriously ignorant to think that Activision isn't going to to milk every dollar possible from this game. I bet that Diablo 3 ends up being the 2nd highest, and over the long run possibly the highest, income generating game of all time.
I personally feel that it is deceitful to the point where I will not purchase the game.

If bliz were going to sell items they wouldn't need it to be anonymous...
post #58 of 100
come on blizzard make it true. I've been waiting for sooo long tongue.gif
Athlon Smarthlon
(15 items)
 
Gaming Rig
(15 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD athlon x4 860k 4.5Ghz Asus a88xm-plus Power Color Red Dragon RX470 Samsung DDR3 4GB PC12800 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveCooling
G.Skill F3-16000CL7D-4GBFLS Intel SSD Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB Noctua NH D9L 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 Professional Dell S2209W Steelseries V6 Antec VP 500 
CaseMouse
Gamecube  Steelseries Sensei MLG 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 4770K Gigabyte GA-Z87X-OC Palit Geforce GTX 1060 Super Jet Stream Samsung DDR3 4GB PC 12800 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Toshiba SSD Q300 WDC Black WDC Blue Thermalright Venomous X RT 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 Professional Chimei 24LH Topre RealForce 104UB Seasonic X750 
CaseMouseAudio
Aerocool RS-4 Logitech G400 Sennheiser HD600 
  hide details  
Reply
Athlon Smarthlon
(15 items)
 
Gaming Rig
(15 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD athlon x4 860k 4.5Ghz Asus a88xm-plus Power Color Red Dragon RX470 Samsung DDR3 4GB PC12800 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveCooling
G.Skill F3-16000CL7D-4GBFLS Intel SSD Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB Noctua NH D9L 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 Professional Dell S2209W Steelseries V6 Antec VP 500 
CaseMouse
Gamecube  Steelseries Sensei MLG 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 4770K Gigabyte GA-Z87X-OC Palit Geforce GTX 1060 Super Jet Stream Samsung DDR3 4GB PC 12800 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Toshiba SSD Q300 WDC Black WDC Blue Thermalright Venomous X RT 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 Professional Chimei 24LH Topre RealForce 104UB Seasonic X750 
CaseMouseAudio
Aerocool RS-4 Logitech G400 Sennheiser HD600 
  hide details  
Reply
post #59 of 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by ESP View Post


Can you explain one single possible reason to make it anonymous other then Blizzard wanting to sell stuff?


Player privacy and account safety.
 

 

 

War Machine
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5 4670k @ 3.4ghz Asus B85M Gamer MSI Twin Frozr V R9 390X 8gb Kingston Hyper X Beast 16gb 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingOS
HGS 2.5" Sata 1tb Corsair H100i v2 4 x Corsair SP120 Quiet Windows 10 64bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Benq RL2455 Microsoft Sidewinder X4 EVGA Supernova G2 750w Corsair Carbide Air 240 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Razer Naga Molten Edition Steel Series Guild Wars 2 Sennheiser HD201 
  hide details  
Reply
War Machine
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5 4670k @ 3.4ghz Asus B85M Gamer MSI Twin Frozr V R9 390X 8gb Kingston Hyper X Beast 16gb 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingOS
HGS 2.5" Sata 1tb Corsair H100i v2 4 x Corsair SP120 Quiet Windows 10 64bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Benq RL2455 Microsoft Sidewinder X4 EVGA Supernova G2 750w Corsair Carbide Air 240 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Razer Naga Molten Edition Steel Series Guild Wars 2 Sennheiser HD201 
  hide details  
Reply
post #60 of 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by OwnedINC View Post

If bliz were going to sell items they wouldn't need it to be anonymous...

you can say the same for activision? sleepsmiley02.gif
The Prodigal Rig
(15 items)
 
  
Reply
The Prodigal Rig
(15 items)
 
  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Rumors and Unconfirmed Articles
Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Rumors and Unconfirmed Articles › [MMORPG-Italy] Diablo 3 Release Date Potentially Leaked!