Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Mice › New SteelSeries mouse: SteelSeries Raw?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

New SteelSeries mouse: SteelSeries Raw? - Page 5

post #41 of 192
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skylit View Post

Quote:
Weight: 90 grams (0.2 lbs)
Height: 38.7 mm (1.5 in)
Width: 68.3 mm (2.7 in)
Length: 125.5 mm (4.9 in)
Quote:
Scalable pointer speed from 90 up to 5700 in increments of 90 so you can be exact.
Quote:
Frames per second: 12000
Inches per second: 150
Mega pixels per second: 10.8
Counts per inch: 90 – 5700
Maximum acceleration: 30 G
Sensor data path: True 16 bit
Lift distance: ~2 mm
Maximum polling: 1000 Hz
A Sensei without some marketing bull biggrin.gif. Seems like it might be cheaper even though the internal hardware is most likely identical. (Don't see why they would produce two separate PCB's.)

So it seems like this might be a replacement for the Xai?
post #42 of 192
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sencha View Post

So it seems like this might be a replacement for the Xai?

I suppose. Shaved weight and no LED profile screen on the bottom of the mouse.
post #43 of 192
Yeah as I thought.
Yet ANOTHER sensei, or even better 2!

Bullcrap steelseries.
I love them trying to hype the **** out of a different coating sensei.

Sure they removed the screen, so now its like a Xai Diablo version biggrin.gif
I suppose this is the answer for a "new" xai that works with modern computers? biggrin.gif
Since Xai dont work in bios and delay boot time and is generally a ***** on alot of new motherboards.
post #44 of 192
Incoming Kana Raw featuring the latest optical sensor delivering true 4000 DPI without any interpolation
post #45 of 192
Quote:
Originally Posted by ich1ban View Post

dont like the sensei/xai even with the accel fixed, it's far too sensitive to dust and always changes sensitivity and tracking due to small dust/misc particles on the mousepad.
it's okay on hard pads though
Quote:
Originally Posted by ich1ban View Post

Was quite annoying and always happened after a day or two, had to clean it with a cloth using a small tool to get it in to clean the lens, blowing didn't work and sometimes made it worse.

Same here pal. But I'm using a XAi and I don't like hard mouse mats, currently using a QcK+ XXL and ordered a Heavy frown.gif The acceleration is bothering me recently too, I've 1800CPI and 0.55 sensi (ingame) in CS:S and it skips pretty bad when swiping it hard. mad.gif

But I've to admit, I like the shape of the XAi/Sensei, if only it were consistent like the DA 3.5G/G400, I would be sold! biggrin.gif

Is this new RAW or RAWR version of the Sensei glossy? I've a R.U.S.E edition XAi, and I like it better than the rubber coating of the original XAI, as my hands sweats like crazy.

EDIT: It seems this new version is indeed glossy!
Edited by dipanzan - 3/6/12 at 6:01am
post #46 of 192
Quote:
Originally Posted by dipanzan View Post

Same here pal. But I'm using a XAi and I don't like hard mouse mats, currently using a QcK+ XXL and ordered a Heavy frown.gif The acceleration is bothering me recently too, I've 1800CPI and 0.55 sensi (ingame) in CS:S and it skips pretty bad when swiping it hard. mad.gif
But I've to admit, I like the shape of the XAi/Sensei, if only it were consistent like the DA 3.5G/G400, I would be sold! biggrin.gif
Is this new RAW or RAWR version of the Sensei glossy? I've a R.U.S.E edition XAi, and I like it better than the rubber coating of the original XAI, as my hands sweats like crazy.
EDIT: It seems this new version is indeed glossy!

There are 2 versions.
1 Xai coating and 1 glossy top rubber sides.
post #47 of 192
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nivity View Post

There are 2 versions.
1 Xai coating and 1 glossy top rubber sides.

Thanks, that cleared up my confusion. smile.gif
post #48 of 192
hm so this mouse will cost 10$ more then kana in listing price.
Who the hell would buy the kana.
I mean sure its smaller but its not THAT much smaller, and heavier (but ligher then original sensei by far)

And the raw have omron switches (BIG), side buttons, better cord.
Although the Xai cost 10$more then kana here in sweden aswell biggrin.gif

Looks kinda fun with see-through plastic bottom biggrin.gif
Edited by Nivity - 3/6/12 at 6:49am
post #49 of 192
Oh. I'm wrong. It is a different PCB/MCU (assuming Steelseries' claims are correct)

$60 though? I'm actually quite shocked.
Edited by Skylit - 3/6/12 at 7:13am
post #50 of 192
Product page for those that havent seen or visited ss website

http://steelseries.com/products/mice/steelseries-sensei-raw?utm_source=frontpage&utm_medium=carrousel&utm_campaign=raw%3Cbr%20/%3E#specifications

Surprised by the price.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Mice
Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Mice › New SteelSeries mouse: SteelSeries Raw?