Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel Motherboards › [Official] ASRock X79 Discussion & Owners Club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Official] ASRock X79 Discussion & Owners Club - Page 114

post #1131 of 1592
Quote:
Originally Posted by X79Extreme7UK View Post

It looks good to me. what is the highest clock and voltage you' ve achieved with that chip?

Its stock atm, im not bothering to oc with a faulty mobo that im gonna replace with another brand / model but maybe this weekend if I have enough time and Im not very upset about vettel winning F1 world championship again I may try some oc just for fun.
If thats the case Ill post the results to let you know.

So far the bios looks good, stable and low voltages but im missing pci-e 3.0/2.0 switching options and no memory lowgap (coming from x58 so maybe not in x79). Worst thing about bios is choppy mouse that makes you use keyboard only, and thats with latest beta bios and latest normal one.
post #1132 of 1592
Well, let's hope it overclocks well with your new asrock board smile.gif
post #1133 of 1592
OC update as promissed:

Ive just oced it to 4.3. I went into bios, upped the multi to 43 and set manual voltage to 1.225 which was the initial VID of the chip with the non beta bios.
I tested it and its Prime 95 stable but the voltage is not 1.225 under load, its 1.287. Must be the load line calibration or some other bios setting messing with it.
Ill try to lower it to 1.225 and see if its stable that way.

Its 1.287v for 4.3Ghz high or normal voltage?
post #1134 of 1592
Quote:
Originally Posted by atascator View Post

OC update as promissed:

Ive just oced it to 4.3. I went into bios, upped the multi to 43 and set manual voltage to 1.225 which was the initial VID of the chip with the non beta bios.
I tested it and its Prime 95 stable but the voltage is not 1.225 under load, its 1.287. Must be the load line calibration or some other bios setting messing with it.
Ill try to lower it to 1.225 and see if its stable that way.

Its 1.287v for 4.3Ghz high or normal voltage?

Seems good, try and overclock to 4750-5000 Mhz and up. Let's see how much volts chip needs to be stable at those clocks

PS: is that with new AsRock board? and if ,is LLC set to 1?
post #1135 of 1592
Quote:
Originally Posted by X79Extreme7UK View Post

Seems good, try and overclock to 4750-5000 Mhz and up. Let's see how much volts chip needs to be stable at those clocks
PS: is that with new AsRock board? and if ,is LLC set to 1?

Ill try that tonight if I have some spare time.
That oc was with crappybyte faulty mobo. Its got a load line calibration setting at auto and it indicates +60%. Dont know what that means but I suspect its causing my VID to go from 1.225 bios setting to 1.287 under load in windows.
post #1136 of 1592
Quote:
Originally Posted by atascator View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by X79Extreme7UK View Post

Seems good, try and overclock to 4750-5000 Mhz and up. Let's see how much volts chip needs to be stable at those clocks
PS: is that with new AsRock board? and if ,is LLC set to 1?

Ill try that tonight if I have some spare time.
That oc was with crappybyte faulty mobo. Its got a load line calibration setting at auto and it indicates +60%. Dont know what that means but I suspect its causing my VID to go from 1.225 bios setting to 1.287 under load in windows.

0.062v peak seems a bit a lot to me. When I use LLC1 in my board (which is the highest in AsRock Boards) highest peak i get is about 0.025~0.035v. Maybe you should lower LLC in your board and increase fixed Vcore a touch just to avoid overvolting the chip until u get your new board.
post #1137 of 1592
Quote:
Originally Posted by X79Extreme7UK View Post

0.062v peak seems a bit a lot to me. When I use LLC1 in my board (which is the highest in AsRock Boards) highest peak i get is about 0.025~0.035v. Maybe you should lower LLC in your board and increase fixed Vcore a touch just to avoid overvolting the chip until u get your new board.

Stupid bios settings in crappybyte doesnt allow you to set a number, you get to choose between normal, standard (W.T.F), high, extreme, auto....
I want my fatal1ty here today UPS! biggrin.gif
post #1138 of 1592
Quote:
Originally Posted by X79Extreme7UK View Post

Ok just read your other posts..Looks like you ve tried everything and in the end it sounds like it is the board that has got a problem. Just send it back and ask for another one.....
Hey Guys,

I've found out the problem. My Intel 3820 Processor is faulty. with the new 3820 processor Asrock X79 Extreme9 Motherboard is running fine. Thanks for the support guys.
post #1139 of 1592
Quote:
I've found out the problem. My Intel 3820 Processor is faulty. with the new 3820 processor Asrock X79 Extreme9 Motherboard is running fine. Thanks for the support guys.

Thats good news thumb.gif
post #1140 of 1592
Quote:
I want my fatal1ty here today UPS! biggrin.gif

So, u bought fatality pro? good choice... thumb.gif Mind you, any choice would have been good. Good luck with the new board....
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Intel Motherboards
Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel Motherboards › [Official] ASRock X79 Discussion & Owners Club