Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel Motherboards › [Official] ASRock X79 Discussion & Owners Club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Official] ASRock X79 Discussion & Owners Club - Page 35

post #341 of 1592
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by jthomas View Post




Infinally got it fairly stable at 4.6, My ram is 1.5 volt, I set it to XMP, bumped it to 1.53 and set the ram to 2n. Prime95 ran for over 4 hrs and finally got an eror on 1 core. My vcore is set to 1.33 in the bios. cpuz says 1.328. Maybe a little more ram tweaking and I'll have it.

Sounds like the CPU is right on and the RAM is very close.
 
The Lil Llano
(12 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel I7-3930k C-2 ASrock Extreme9 X79 EVGA GTX570 HD Muskin Redline 993997 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
OCZ Agility 3 Dell Constilation 7200rpm 6gbps LITE-ON 20X DVD±R DVD Burner Black SATA Model i... Corsair H100 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
Coolermaster Excalibur (x4) Coolermaster Turbine (x4) Bitfenix 200mm Spectre Pro  Windows 7 Ultimate 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
24" Sammy 23" Asus Logitech G15 Coolermaster Silent Pro 1300w 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Corsair 600t Logitech MX518 Razer Vespula Dual Sided  Creative 3d Game Blaster 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD A4-3300 Llano ASRock A55M-HVS FM1 AMD A55 AMD Radeon HD 6410D G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Western Digital Caviar Blue WD5000AAKS SAMSUNG 22X DVD Burner SATA Model SH-222BB/BEBE Stock Windows XP 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech K400 275w APEX DM-318 Black Steel Micro ATX Logitech K400 
  hide details  
Reply
 
The Lil Llano
(12 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel I7-3930k C-2 ASrock Extreme9 X79 EVGA GTX570 HD Muskin Redline 993997 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
OCZ Agility 3 Dell Constilation 7200rpm 6gbps LITE-ON 20X DVD±R DVD Burner Black SATA Model i... Corsair H100 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
Coolermaster Excalibur (x4) Coolermaster Turbine (x4) Bitfenix 200mm Spectre Pro  Windows 7 Ultimate 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
24" Sammy 23" Asus Logitech G15 Coolermaster Silent Pro 1300w 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Corsair 600t Logitech MX518 Razer Vespula Dual Sided  Creative 3d Game Blaster 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD A4-3300 Llano ASRock A55M-HVS FM1 AMD A55 AMD Radeon HD 6410D G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Western Digital Caviar Blue WD5000AAKS SAMSUNG 22X DVD Burner SATA Model SH-222BB/BEBE Stock Windows XP 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech K400 275w APEX DM-318 Black Steel Micro ATX Logitech K400 
  hide details  
Reply
post #342 of 1592
This is a mighty big thread, I just purchased a X79 Extreme 6/GB. I also purchased a Cooler Master Hyper 212+. I have had problems installing the hyper 212+, the screws line up and everything, but the heatsink is just FAR too loose. When you put the machine vertical, the heatsink will slowly slide down and remove contact from the CPU. I was curious if other people had this problem? As far as I can tell I can't do anything to make it any more stable, the screws are at their limit, and I won't be able to use the machine with this heatsink.

If I could get a recommendation on a heatsink or water cooling system that works with the 6/GB that would be wonderful. I was hoping to spend <50$.
post #343 of 1592
Quote:
Originally Posted by naradvol View Post

This is a mighty big thread, I just purchased a X79 Extreme 6/GB. I also purchased a Cooler Master Hyper 212+. I have had problems installing the hyper 212+, the screws line up and everything, but the heatsink is just FAR too loose. When you put the machine vertical, the heatsink will slowly slide down and remove contact from the CPU. I was curious if other people had this problem? As far as I can tell I can't do anything to make it any more stable, the screws are at their limit, and I won't be able to use the machine with this heatsink.
If I could get a recommendation on a heatsink or water cooling system that works with the 6/GB that would be wonderful. I was hoping to spend <50$.

The Cooler Master Hyper 212 Plus isn't made for the 2011 socket. That's why it doesn't fit snugly to your CPU. Here is a list of their coolers made for the 2011 socket. You may be able to get an exchange through Cooler Master or a refund, since you just purchased it.
Under The Radar
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD - Ryzen 7 1800X Gigabyte - GA-AX370-Gaming K7 Gigabyte - GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB FE G.Skill - Flare X 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Samsung - 850 Pro 512GB 2.5" SSD Western Digital - Black 6TB 3.5" 7200RPM HDD Asus - BW-12B1ST/BLK/G/AS Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer Corsair - H115i 104.7 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler 
OSMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Microsoft - Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit Acer - GN246HL 24" 1080p 144Hz Acer - G246HLAbd 24" 1080p 60Hz Ducky - Shine 4 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
EVGA - SuperNOVA P2 650W 80+ Platinum Certified... Corsair - Vengeance C70 (Black) ATX Mid Tower Cooler Master - Xornet Fellowes - Microban 
Audio
2 x Realtek - ALC1220 2 - 7.1 Channel High Defi... 
  hide details  
Reply
Under The Radar
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD - Ryzen 7 1800X Gigabyte - GA-AX370-Gaming K7 Gigabyte - GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB FE G.Skill - Flare X 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Samsung - 850 Pro 512GB 2.5" SSD Western Digital - Black 6TB 3.5" 7200RPM HDD Asus - BW-12B1ST/BLK/G/AS Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer Corsair - H115i 104.7 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler 
OSMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Microsoft - Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit Acer - GN246HL 24" 1080p 144Hz Acer - G246HLAbd 24" 1080p 60Hz Ducky - Shine 4 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
EVGA - SuperNOVA P2 650W 80+ Platinum Certified... Corsair - Vengeance C70 (Black) ATX Mid Tower Cooler Master - Xornet Fellowes - Microban 
Audio
2 x Realtek - ALC1220 2 - 7.1 Channel High Defi... 
  hide details  
Reply
post #344 of 1592
Thanks for the reply,

The Hyper 212+ when shipped with newegg comes with the Hyper EVO bracket that is suppose to fit it with the 2011 socket. And it does fit the screw placements, it is just very uncomfortably loose in my opinion. I was hoping for recommendations from people who have owned the motherboard on what to purchase next. I will be returning the cooler master one.
post #345 of 1592
Quote:
Originally Posted by jthomas View Post




Infinally got it fairly stable at 4.6, My ram is 1.5 volt, I set it to XMP, bumped it to 1.53 and set the ram to 2n. Prime95 ran for over 4 hrs and finally got an eror on 1 core. My vcore is set to 1.33 in the bios. cpuz says 1.328. Maybe a little more ram tweaking and I'll have it.

Good luck with the ram, and great job with the cpu overclock. I'll see if I have any luck with mine at 4.6, going to run Prime95 tonight.
Magnitude
(12 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
I7-3820 Asrock x79 extreme4 GeForce gtx 580 GeForce gtx 580 
RAMHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Patriot G2 series Patriot pyro ssd Lite-on I has 124-04  Zalman cnps 9900maxB 
OSKeyboardPowerCase
Windows 7 64 bit home premium Saitek eclipse III Coolermaster 1000w  Cm storm trooper 
  hide details  
Reply
Magnitude
(12 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
I7-3820 Asrock x79 extreme4 GeForce gtx 580 GeForce gtx 580 
RAMHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Patriot G2 series Patriot pyro ssd Lite-on I has 124-04  Zalman cnps 9900maxB 
OSKeyboardPowerCase
Windows 7 64 bit home premium Saitek eclipse III Coolermaster 1000w  Cm storm trooper 
  hide details  
Reply
post #346 of 1592
Quote:
Originally Posted by naradvol View Post

Thanks for the reply,

The Hyper 212+ when shipped with newegg comes with the Hyper EVO bracket that is suppose to fit it with the 2011 socket. And it does fit the screw placements, it is just very uncomfortably loose in my opinion. I was hoping for recommendations from people who have owned the motherboard on what to purchase next. I will be returning the cooler master one.

I own the mobo, but I watercool, so I'm afraid I can't really help in the area of aircoolers... You could always try the NZXT Haviks.... (shameless plug, I know). biggrin.gif
post #347 of 1592
Quote:
Originally Posted by xerophytic View Post


Good luck with the ram, and great job with the cpu overclock. I'll see if I have any luck with mine at 4.6, going to run Prime95 tonight.


I haven't had time to fiddle any more but I have encoded several hours of video with the cpu at 100% and did't have any problem. I am kinda at a lose as to tweaking the ram, guess I will increase the voltage a bit more and see what happens. My ram is corsair 1.5 volt and I need to know how much I can push the voltage without toasting the ram. Be anxious to hear how you do with yours.
 

 

Video Machine
(7 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 3820 AsRock X79 Extreme6 NVIDIA GeForce GTX 550 Ti Corsair  
Hard DriveCoolingOS
Intel 520 series 120 GB SSD Boot Drive Intel Water Cooler Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit 
  hide details  
Reply
Video Machine
(7 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 3820 AsRock X79 Extreme6 NVIDIA GeForce GTX 550 Ti Corsair  
Hard DriveCoolingOS
Intel 520 series 120 GB SSD Boot Drive Intel Water Cooler Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit 
  hide details  
Reply
post #348 of 1592
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by jthomas View Post



I haven't had time to fiddle any more but I have encoded several hours of video with the cpu at 100% and did't have any problem. I am kinda at a lose as to tweaking the ram, guess I will increase the voltage a bit more and see what happens. My ram is corsair 1.5 volt and I need to know how much I can push the voltage without toasting the ram. Be anxious to hear how you do with yours.

 

I wouldn't go above 1.56 without someone else having success at a voltage higher with your ram.
 
The Lil Llano
(12 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel I7-3930k C-2 ASrock Extreme9 X79 EVGA GTX570 HD Muskin Redline 993997 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
OCZ Agility 3 Dell Constilation 7200rpm 6gbps LITE-ON 20X DVD±R DVD Burner Black SATA Model i... Corsair H100 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
Coolermaster Excalibur (x4) Coolermaster Turbine (x4) Bitfenix 200mm Spectre Pro  Windows 7 Ultimate 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
24" Sammy 23" Asus Logitech G15 Coolermaster Silent Pro 1300w 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Corsair 600t Logitech MX518 Razer Vespula Dual Sided  Creative 3d Game Blaster 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD A4-3300 Llano ASRock A55M-HVS FM1 AMD A55 AMD Radeon HD 6410D G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Western Digital Caviar Blue WD5000AAKS SAMSUNG 22X DVD Burner SATA Model SH-222BB/BEBE Stock Windows XP 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech K400 275w APEX DM-318 Black Steel Micro ATX Logitech K400 
  hide details  
Reply
 
The Lil Llano
(12 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel I7-3930k C-2 ASrock Extreme9 X79 EVGA GTX570 HD Muskin Redline 993997 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
OCZ Agility 3 Dell Constilation 7200rpm 6gbps LITE-ON 20X DVD±R DVD Burner Black SATA Model i... Corsair H100 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
Coolermaster Excalibur (x4) Coolermaster Turbine (x4) Bitfenix 200mm Spectre Pro  Windows 7 Ultimate 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
24" Sammy 23" Asus Logitech G15 Coolermaster Silent Pro 1300w 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Corsair 600t Logitech MX518 Razer Vespula Dual Sided  Creative 3d Game Blaster 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD A4-3300 Llano ASRock A55M-HVS FM1 AMD A55 AMD Radeon HD 6410D G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Western Digital Caviar Blue WD5000AAKS SAMSUNG 22X DVD Burner SATA Model SH-222BB/BEBE Stock Windows XP 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech K400 275w APEX DM-318 Black Steel Micro ATX Logitech K400 
  hide details  
Reply
post #349 of 1592
Quote:
Originally Posted by rctrucker View Post


I wouldn't go above 1.56 without someone else having success at a voltage higher with your ram.



I have researched my ram without much on overvoltage, I agree that would probably be a limit on this ram. I have run Prime95 over 4 hrs before getting an error, I noticed at that point the cpu was only running at about 60-70%. Does that indicate that it was a ram error?

 

Video Machine
(7 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 3820 AsRock X79 Extreme6 NVIDIA GeForce GTX 550 Ti Corsair  
Hard DriveCoolingOS
Intel 520 series 120 GB SSD Boot Drive Intel Water Cooler Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit 
  hide details  
Reply
Video Machine
(7 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 3820 AsRock X79 Extreme6 NVIDIA GeForce GTX 550 Ti Corsair  
Hard DriveCoolingOS
Intel 520 series 120 GB SSD Boot Drive Intel Water Cooler Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit 
  hide details  
Reply
post #350 of 1592
Quote:
Originally Posted by XNine View Post

I own the mobo, but I watercool, so I'm afraid I can't really help in the area of aircoolers... You could always try the NZXT Haviks.... (shameless plug, I know). biggrin.gif

Are you using a self contained water cooling system like the H70 Corsair water cooling?

Just looking for people to tell me they have X heating solution working fine, I don't want to buy something else to find out it doesn't work correctly. smile.gif
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Intel Motherboards
Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel Motherboards › [Official] ASRock X79 Discussion & Owners Club