Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel Motherboards › [Official] ASRock X79 Discussion & Owners Club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Official] ASRock X79 Discussion & Owners Club - Page 41

post #401 of 1592
I guess it means IDE detect? Wth does that mean and how do I fix...
mATX Overload
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
3930k Asrock extreme4-M EVGA 690 GTX Hydrocopper Samsung low voltage 4x4gb 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Crucial M4 Samsung Bluray Custom Waterloop for CPU/GPU Win 7 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
First 27' 2560x1440 Razer BlackWidow Seasonic 1250 Custom mATX Water Case 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Logitech G9x Steel Series Glass beyerdynamic mx300 Xonar STX 
  hide details  
Reply
mATX Overload
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
3930k Asrock extreme4-M EVGA 690 GTX Hydrocopper Samsung low voltage 4x4gb 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Crucial M4 Samsung Bluray Custom Waterloop for CPU/GPU Win 7 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
First 27' 2560x1440 Razer BlackWidow Seasonic 1250 Custom mATX Water Case 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Logitech G9x Steel Series Glass beyerdynamic mx300 Xonar STX 
  hide details  
Reply
post #402 of 1592
Ok... Not sure what just happened... Touched all the connections once nothin was loose but its fine now... Boggling.
mATX Overload
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
3930k Asrock extreme4-M EVGA 690 GTX Hydrocopper Samsung low voltage 4x4gb 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Crucial M4 Samsung Bluray Custom Waterloop for CPU/GPU Win 7 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
First 27' 2560x1440 Razer BlackWidow Seasonic 1250 Custom mATX Water Case 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Logitech G9x Steel Series Glass beyerdynamic mx300 Xonar STX 
  hide details  
Reply
mATX Overload
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
3930k Asrock extreme4-M EVGA 690 GTX Hydrocopper Samsung low voltage 4x4gb 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Crucial M4 Samsung Bluray Custom Waterloop for CPU/GPU Win 7 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
First 27' 2560x1440 Razer BlackWidow Seasonic 1250 Custom mATX Water Case 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Logitech G9x Steel Series Glass beyerdynamic mx300 Xonar STX 
  hide details  
Reply
post #403 of 1592
Wow... Wow... I'm still throttling this is insane. 77 max temp on 1 core at 48x and 1.415 vcore and it just keeps going from 32-48 back and forth...

Could this possibly be a chip issue...? Really thinking about exchanging the chip. But if it's a mobo issue I need to know so I can return that was well.. Or exchange or whatever.
Edited by bhk1004 - 4/18/12 at 7:31pm
mATX Overload
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
3930k Asrock extreme4-M EVGA 690 GTX Hydrocopper Samsung low voltage 4x4gb 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Crucial M4 Samsung Bluray Custom Waterloop for CPU/GPU Win 7 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
First 27' 2560x1440 Razer BlackWidow Seasonic 1250 Custom mATX Water Case 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Logitech G9x Steel Series Glass beyerdynamic mx300 Xonar STX 
  hide details  
Reply
mATX Overload
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
3930k Asrock extreme4-M EVGA 690 GTX Hydrocopper Samsung low voltage 4x4gb 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Crucial M4 Samsung Bluray Custom Waterloop for CPU/GPU Win 7 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
First 27' 2560x1440 Razer BlackWidow Seasonic 1250 Custom mATX Water Case 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Logitech G9x Steel Series Glass beyerdynamic mx300 Xonar STX 
  hide details  
Reply
post #404 of 1592

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by wermad View Post

interesting issue with mine. If I disco the power to the psu, which I'm having to do so lately with new upgrades, it starts up, takes a bit of time on the "Fatal1ty" screen". Goes to windows, then bsod. I shut her down, hit the power switch, runs through the "Fatal1ty" screen fairly quickly (normal), boots up and I find the windows message with bsod error 1033 as the cause. It doesn't happen if I don't disconnect my psu but after that, it works normally. Obviously I won't be disconnecting my psu all the time but it is annoying.

 

Just had to try mine, it booted to the starting windows screen and stopped so I reset and did the same, powered off and then booted normal. I remember now it doing the same thing when I dicsonnected power to the psu to reseat my waterblock. Strange

Video Machine
(7 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 3820 AsRock X79 Extreme6 NVIDIA GeForce GTX 550 Ti Corsair  
Hard DriveCoolingOS
Intel 520 series 120 GB SSD Boot Drive Intel Water Cooler Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit 
  hide details  
Reply
Video Machine
(7 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 3820 AsRock X79 Extreme6 NVIDIA GeForce GTX 550 Ti Corsair  
Hard DriveCoolingOS
Intel 520 series 120 GB SSD Boot Drive Intel Water Cooler Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit 
  hide details  
Reply
post #405 of 1592

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhk1004 View Post

Wow... Wow... I'm still throttling this is insane. 77 max temp on 1 core at 48x and 1.415 vcore and it just keeps going from 32-48 back and forth...
Could this possibly be a chip issue...? Really thinking about exchanging the chip. But if it's a mobo issue I need to know so I can return that was well.. Or exchange or whatever.

 

I don't know much about OCing but my 3820 is stable at 4.625 and when I first OCed it I didn't disable speedstep and it would throttle from 12 to 37. Of course I have the BCLK at 125 and you are on 100. Just thinking.

Video Machine
(7 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 3820 AsRock X79 Extreme6 NVIDIA GeForce GTX 550 Ti Corsair  
Hard DriveCoolingOS
Intel 520 series 120 GB SSD Boot Drive Intel Water Cooler Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit 
  hide details  
Reply
Video Machine
(7 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 3820 AsRock X79 Extreme6 NVIDIA GeForce GTX 550 Ti Corsair  
Hard DriveCoolingOS
Intel 520 series 120 GB SSD Boot Drive Intel Water Cooler Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit 
  hide details  
Reply
post #406 of 1592
I have to ask. is there anyone else here running their extreme4-m or extreme4? I just read a review somewhere where they were experiencing the same throttling that I am, and that it is actually a built in safeguard by Asrock? And that there is no way to turn it off. this is very dissappointing in what I thought would actually be a good overclocking mATX board.

http://www.anandtech.com/show/5188/asrock-x79-extreme4m-and-x79-extreme4-review-sandy-bridgee-meets-matx/5

I have linked the review. and if this really is a feature that is built into this motherboard and buried somewhere in the bios... I guess I will have to go back to the Asus Rampage IV gene...

this is honestly so frustrating I almost just want to take this board out and smash it. I really wish they would disclose this type of information somewhere on the board or somewhere before hours upon hours are wasted.
mATX Overload
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
3930k Asrock extreme4-M EVGA 690 GTX Hydrocopper Samsung low voltage 4x4gb 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Crucial M4 Samsung Bluray Custom Waterloop for CPU/GPU Win 7 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
First 27' 2560x1440 Razer BlackWidow Seasonic 1250 Custom mATX Water Case 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Logitech G9x Steel Series Glass beyerdynamic mx300 Xonar STX 
  hide details  
Reply
mATX Overload
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
3930k Asrock extreme4-M EVGA 690 GTX Hydrocopper Samsung low voltage 4x4gb 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Crucial M4 Samsung Bluray Custom Waterloop for CPU/GPU Win 7 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
First 27' 2560x1440 Razer BlackWidow Seasonic 1250 Custom mATX Water Case 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Logitech G9x Steel Series Glass beyerdynamic mx300 Xonar STX 
  hide details  
Reply
post #407 of 1592
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhk1004 View Post

I have to ask. is there anyone else here running their extreme4-m or extreme4? I just read a review somewhere where they were experiencing the same throttling that I am, and that it is actually a built in safeguard by Asrock? And that there is no way to turn it off. this is very dissappointing in what I thought would actually be a good overclocking mATX board.
http://www.anandtech.com/show/5188/asrock-x79-extreme4m-and-x79-extreme4-review-sandy-bridgee-meets-matx/5
I have linked the review. and if this really is a feature that is built into this motherboard and buried somewhere in the bios... I guess I will have to go back to the Asus Rampage IV gene...
this is honestly so frustrating I almost just want to take this board out and smash it. I really wish they would disclose this type of information somewhere on the board or somewhere before hours upon hours are wasted.

Contact Asrock support mate. They are very quick and helpful. If you have been at it and cant' solve the issue, maybe they have some other suggestions or they can rma your board. Good luck thumb.gif
post #408 of 1592
Quote:
Originally Posted by wermad View Post

Contact Asrock support mate. They are very quick and helpful. If you have been at it and cant' solve the issue, maybe they have some other suggestions or they can rma your board. Good luck thumb.gif

haha they dont have a number listed on their website... and ive been to their tweaktown forum and they seem to be ignoring my thread. I had someone write me back via email, just told me to update my bios. I wrote back im at the newest version possible, and if he had any other suggestions. well after that GG. no response for 3 days. and RMA is kinda pointless as I can just exchange the board at microcenter since i am still within their 30 day exchange policy, but at this point I dont think there is something wrong with the board i think it is something specifically built into this board to do this..
mATX Overload
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
3930k Asrock extreme4-M EVGA 690 GTX Hydrocopper Samsung low voltage 4x4gb 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Crucial M4 Samsung Bluray Custom Waterloop for CPU/GPU Win 7 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
First 27' 2560x1440 Razer BlackWidow Seasonic 1250 Custom mATX Water Case 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Logitech G9x Steel Series Glass beyerdynamic mx300 Xonar STX 
  hide details  
Reply
mATX Overload
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
3930k Asrock extreme4-M EVGA 690 GTX Hydrocopper Samsung low voltage 4x4gb 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Crucial M4 Samsung Bluray Custom Waterloop for CPU/GPU Win 7 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
First 27' 2560x1440 Razer BlackWidow Seasonic 1250 Custom mATX Water Case 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Logitech G9x Steel Series Glass beyerdynamic mx300 Xonar STX 
  hide details  
Reply
post #409 of 1592
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhk1004 View Post

haha they dont have a number listed on their website... and ive been to their tweaktown forum and they seem to be ignoring my thread. I had someone write me back via email, just told me to update my bios. I wrote back im at the newest version possible, and if he had any other suggestions. well after that GG. no response for 3 days. and RMA is kinda pointless as I can just exchange the board at microcenter since i am still within their 30 day exchange policy, but at this point I dont think there is something wrong with the board i think it is something specifically built into this board to do this..

Hmmm...I got lots of good info from their support via email, but you gotta make sure you contact support. Try again as it seems you got some paltry help there. Well, if you got the MicroCenter window, I would just swap it out. If you have the same issue, then this model might have some defect or cpu could be bad.
post #410 of 1592
Quote:
Originally Posted by wermad View Post

Hmmm...I got lots of good info from their support via email, but you gotta make sure you contact support. Try again as it seems you got some paltry help there. Well, if you got the MicroCenter window, I would just swap it out. If you have the same issue, then this model might have some defect or cpu could be bad.

yes I agree... I am going to be tearing down my computer right now. and have it packed and ready to go in the morning so I Can exchange it during my lunch break. first time ive had to take apart a watercooled computer like 4 times in a week... it is very tiring... almost want to go back to air again.. ALMOST...
mATX Overload
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
3930k Asrock extreme4-M EVGA 690 GTX Hydrocopper Samsung low voltage 4x4gb 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Crucial M4 Samsung Bluray Custom Waterloop for CPU/GPU Win 7 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
First 27' 2560x1440 Razer BlackWidow Seasonic 1250 Custom mATX Water Case 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Logitech G9x Steel Series Glass beyerdynamic mx300 Xonar STX 
  hide details  
Reply
mATX Overload
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
3930k Asrock extreme4-M EVGA 690 GTX Hydrocopper Samsung low voltage 4x4gb 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Crucial M4 Samsung Bluray Custom Waterloop for CPU/GPU Win 7 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
First 27' 2560x1440 Razer BlackWidow Seasonic 1250 Custom mATX Water Case 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Logitech G9x Steel Series Glass beyerdynamic mx300 Xonar STX 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Intel Motherboards
Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel Motherboards › [Official] ASRock X79 Discussion & Owners Club