Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Hardware News › [AnandTech]The Ivy Bridge Preview: Core i7 3770K Tested
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[AnandTech]The Ivy Bridge Preview: Core i7 3770K Tested - Page 6

post #51 of 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlas101 View Post

Bottom line, going from a socket 775 to the new IVY will be GOODTIMES!

775 to Sandy was FUNTIMES. wink.gif
post #52 of 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennobanzai View Post

I noticed the Intel slide says, "Intel's First 22nm Processor". Does this mean someone else like IBM is producing a 22nm processor? I mean..you would think they would say "World's First 22nm Processor" if no one has done it yet just for the bragging rights.

Probably. But no doubt top secret.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kand View Post

775 to Sandy was FUNTIMES. wink.gif

So was going from socket 939 to 1155.
Edited by QuackPot - 3/7/12 at 5:12pm
Sandy Bridge Rig
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5-2500k @ 3.3Ghz Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H Palit GTS 250 1GB 4 GB Crucial DDR3 10600 Dual Channel 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
1x 250GB WD, 1x 250GB Seagate, 1x 1TBSamsung F3 Sony AD-7261S-0B Thermalright True Spirit 140 Windows 7 Professional x64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
19" Sony SDM-S95A Logitech Media keyboard Elite Corsair HX850W Cooler Master 690 II Lite 
MouseMouse Pad
Logitech G500 Cooler Master CM Storm 
  hide details  
Reply
Sandy Bridge Rig
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5-2500k @ 3.3Ghz Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H Palit GTS 250 1GB 4 GB Crucial DDR3 10600 Dual Channel 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
1x 250GB WD, 1x 250GB Seagate, 1x 1TBSamsung F3 Sony AD-7261S-0B Thermalright True Spirit 140 Windows 7 Professional x64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
19" Sony SDM-S95A Logitech Media keyboard Elite Corsair HX850W Cooler Master 690 II Lite 
MouseMouse Pad
Logitech G500 Cooler Master CM Storm 
  hide details  
Reply
post #53 of 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by one-shot View Post

I apologize for missing your ridiculous post and not responding; I'm truly sorry. Now, if you're new to the tech world, you wouldn't know Anandtech works closely with Intel. Additionally, It is highly improbable that an NDA has been broken, rather than Intel giving Anandtech permission to give a brief preview. After all, there are other highly visible sites that publish previews, not reviews like this before other launches. You speak as if you have an idea what you're talking about, but your rambling makes zero sense to anyone with the ability to reason.
In the end you say some parts are still under NDA for them. If they broke NDA (according to you), what would stop them from publishing more? There aren't any results for overclocking, which is one of the primary reasons one would buy this CPU over the similarly clocked, unlocked version. Before stating your opinion as fact, please post something that backs up your claim. Otherwise, you're better off posting here where you don't need sources: www.FoxNews.com . Give them a visit and you'll find yourself at home.

I am sorry i didn't really respond to you. Andatech said Intel had no knowledge of their article, and that is 100% bull-crap. if Intel had no knowledge then they broke NDA, if they had knowledge then it is a leak, as leaks are usually sanctioned by the company. Believe me I know. Andatech is too big, worth $8M, Intel could say no to them but they wouldn't because the site is too big to hurt. Issue is when a site is big like that companies need all the positive publicity they can get from them. if Andatech says ivy Bridge sucks then Sales drop, and that is just sooooo sad.

BTW yes I am a total noob, i know nothing of this industry nor ivy bridge.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i9 7980XE X299E-ITX/ac GTX 1080 Ti FE G.Skill 3800MHz 4x8GB Quad Channel SO-DIMM Kit 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
512GB 960 Pro Bitspower AIO/ITX Full Cover Block Win 10 4K 37" 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i9 7980XE X299E-ITX/ac GTX 1080 Ti FE G.Skill 3800MHz 4x8GB Quad Channel SO-DIMM Kit 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
512GB 960 Pro Bitspower AIO/ITX Full Cover Block Win 10 4K 37" 
  hide details  
Reply
post #54 of 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sin0822 View Post

BTW yes I am a total noob, i know nothing of this industry nor ivy bridge.

Well welcome to Overclock.net then! Nice to have you! biggrin.gif
Number Cruncher
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 2700k @ 4.6 1.3V Gigabyte Z68XP UD4 MSI TF3 7950 3GB G. Skill 4x4GB Ripjaw Zs 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Samsung 830 256GB 2 - WD 750 GB Black WD 320GB Blue Lite-On DVD Drive 
CoolingOSMonitorPower
Corsair H80 Win 7 Pro x64 Acer P243w Corsair 750W TX 
CaseAudio
Lian Li PC-A71F Audioengine A2/Audioengine D1 DAC 
  hide details  
Reply
Number Cruncher
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 2700k @ 4.6 1.3V Gigabyte Z68XP UD4 MSI TF3 7950 3GB G. Skill 4x4GB Ripjaw Zs 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Samsung 830 256GB 2 - WD 750 GB Black WD 320GB Blue Lite-On DVD Drive 
CoolingOSMonitorPower
Corsair H80 Win 7 Pro x64 Acer P243w Corsair 750W TX 
CaseAudio
Lian Li PC-A71F Audioengine A2/Audioengine D1 DAC 
  hide details  
Reply
post #55 of 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sin0822 View Post

I am sorry i didn't really respond to you. Andatech said Intel had no knowledge of their article, and that is 100% bull-crap. if Intel had no knowledge then they broke NDA, if they had knowledge then it is a leak, as leaks are usually sanctioned by the company. Believe me I know. Andatech is too big, worth $8M, Intel could say no to them but they wouldn't because the site is too big to hurt. Issue is when a site is big like that companies need all the positive publicity they can get from them. if Andatech says ivy Bridge sucks then Sales drop, and that is just sooooo sad.
BTW yes I am a total noob, i know nothing of this industry nor ivy bridge.

$8M is pocket change in terms of company value. To put it in perspective, you can't put your money in an investment bank without $10M in assets, if you're an individual!

"Too big" for what exactly? Maybe a lot of people read Anandtech. But if Intel told Anandtech not to put it out, they'd probably listen. It's either that or Anand will have to cough up the $1000s a year for CPUs instead of getting them free from Intel. Because, you know, it's not like Anandtech will stop doing Intel reviews if Intel stops giving them free hardware.

And if Anandtech said Ivy Bridge was bad, they would get much more hate from OCNers than Tom's. They'd be the new OBR around here.
Edited by jrbroad77 - 3/7/12 at 5:31pm
 
Lanbox Lite
(16 items)
 
 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
i3-2310M Intel HD 3000 8GB DDR3 Samsung 830 64GB SSD 
Hard DriveOSMonitorCase
640GB Hitachi HDD Windows 7 13.3" LCD Magnesium Alloy, 3.2lbs 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II X4 955 BE Gigabyte GA-MA78GPM-UD2H MSI Hawk R5770 3x2GB G.Skill DDR2 800 4-4-4-12 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
1TB Samsung Spinpoint F3 250 GB WD Caviar Black Samsung 20X DVD-R/RW Thermaltake MaxOrb 
CoolingOSMonitorPower
Noctua NF-B9-1600 Windows 7 Pro 64-bit BenQ E2420HD, 24" 1920x1080 TT Purepower 500W 
Case
TT Lanbox Lite 
  hide details  
Reply
 
Lanbox Lite
(16 items)
 
 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
i3-2310M Intel HD 3000 8GB DDR3 Samsung 830 64GB SSD 
Hard DriveOSMonitorCase
640GB Hitachi HDD Windows 7 13.3" LCD Magnesium Alloy, 3.2lbs 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II X4 955 BE Gigabyte GA-MA78GPM-UD2H MSI Hawk R5770 3x2GB G.Skill DDR2 800 4-4-4-12 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
1TB Samsung Spinpoint F3 250 GB WD Caviar Black Samsung 20X DVD-R/RW Thermaltake MaxOrb 
CoolingOSMonitorPower
Noctua NF-B9-1600 Windows 7 Pro 64-bit BenQ E2420HD, 24" 1920x1080 TT Purepower 500W 
Case
TT Lanbox Lite 
  hide details  
Reply
post #56 of 90
yes 8M isn't that much, however it is a lot for a site like that.

The issue is that the website gets its stuff published on major news outlets, not only in our small community. It is one of the bigger websites out there, yes $8M is not much, but it is a lot for a hardware review site. Tom's Hardware and Andatech are the two largest computer hardware review sites, there is no question about it. The issue here is that they are saying Intel didn't know about it, so if Intel didn't know its a breach of NDA, if Intel knew then it is not and thus they are lieing. That is all i am saying.

i personally don't like andatech, some of the stuff they say and write is as correct as OBR like when he was making up scores and telling us he made them up to get hits. Other times their reviewers themselves do companies backhanded favors so they can end up working for them after they realize that $100 a review is too little.

however vendors like intel need sites like that on their good side, even if they breach NDA a decision has to be made and ussually it doesn't end up hurting such a big site. you see hardOCP do that and they would be toast. The thing many of you think is that vendors tell sites to give them good reviews, however it sit eh other way around, demands are made for good reviews. The small guys, like small sites, and a crappy company will ask for certain things to allow the site to keep the product. That is just ridiculousness however, if someone told me I had to give it a score to keep the product I would give them back the product, however many wont b/c they are run by 15 year olds.
Edited by Sin0822 - 3/7/12 at 5:47pm
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i9 7980XE X299E-ITX/ac GTX 1080 Ti FE G.Skill 3800MHz 4x8GB Quad Channel SO-DIMM Kit 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
512GB 960 Pro Bitspower AIO/ITX Full Cover Block Win 10 4K 37" 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i9 7980XE X299E-ITX/ac GTX 1080 Ti FE G.Skill 3800MHz 4x8GB Quad Channel SO-DIMM Kit 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
512GB 960 Pro Bitspower AIO/ITX Full Cover Block Win 10 4K 37" 
  hide details  
Reply
post #57 of 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by one-shot View Post

I apologize for missing your ridiculous post and not responding; I'm truly sorry. Now, if you're new to the tech world, you wouldn't know Anandtech works closely with Intel. Additionally, It is highly improbable that an NDA has been broken, rather than Intel giving Anandtech permission to give a brief preview. After all, there are other highly visible sites that publish previews, not reviews like this before other launches. You speak as if you have an idea what you're talking about, but your rambling makes zero sense to anyone with the ability to reason.
In the end you say some parts are still under NDA for them. If they broke NDA (according to you), what would stop them from publishing more? There aren't any results for overclocking, which is one of the primary reasons one would buy this CPU over the similarly clocked, unlocked version. Before stating your opinion as fact, please post something that backs up your claim. Otherwise, you're better off posting here where you don't need sources: www.FoxNews.com . Give them a visit and you'll find yourself at home.
Sin is one of the most informed on OCN. While you might not agree with everything he says,but he has a much higher understanding then the average consumer
Edited by Tennobanzai - 3/7/12 at 6:05pm
post #58 of 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Frosty View Post

Look at the game performance!!
http://www.anandtech.com/show/5626/ivy-bridge-preview-core-i7-3770k/9
In some cases it's nearly 10fps faster then a 2600k!

All in settings that don't relate at all to real-world settings.

I want IB now, it looks decently faster than a 2600k without the massive cost of a 3930k
My system
(22 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5 3770k @ 4.7Ghz ASRock Z77 Pro3 Powercolor Radeon HD7950 3GB @ 1150/1350 4x4GB G.Skill Ares 2000Mhz CL9 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Samsung 840 250GB Western Digital Black 1TB WD1002FAEX Samsung Spinpoint EcoGreen 2TB Pioneer DVR-220LBKS 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
Noctua NH-D14 Scythe Gentle Typhoon 1850rpm Corsair AF140 Quiet Edition Arch Linux x86-64, amdgpu 
OSMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Windows 10 Bloatfree Edition BenQ G2220HD BenQ G2020HD Ducky Shine III Year of the Snake, Cherry Blue 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Silverstone Strider Plus 600w Lian Li Lancool PC-K60 SteelSeries Sensei Professional Artisan Hien Mid Japan Black Large 
AudioOther
ASUS Xonar DX NZXT Sentry Mesh 30w Fan Controller 
  hide details  
Reply
My system
(22 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5 3770k @ 4.7Ghz ASRock Z77 Pro3 Powercolor Radeon HD7950 3GB @ 1150/1350 4x4GB G.Skill Ares 2000Mhz CL9 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Samsung 840 250GB Western Digital Black 1TB WD1002FAEX Samsung Spinpoint EcoGreen 2TB Pioneer DVR-220LBKS 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
Noctua NH-D14 Scythe Gentle Typhoon 1850rpm Corsair AF140 Quiet Edition Arch Linux x86-64, amdgpu 
OSMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Windows 10 Bloatfree Edition BenQ G2220HD BenQ G2020HD Ducky Shine III Year of the Snake, Cherry Blue 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Silverstone Strider Plus 600w Lian Li Lancool PC-K60 SteelSeries Sensei Professional Artisan Hien Mid Japan Black Large 
AudioOther
ASUS Xonar DX NZXT Sentry Mesh 30w Fan Controller 
  hide details  
Reply
post #59 of 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sin0822 View Post

yes 8M isn't that much, however it is a lot for a site like that.
The issue is that the website gets its stuff published on major news outlets, not only in our small community. It is one of the bigger websites out there, yes $8M is not much, but it is a lot for a hardware review site. Tom's Hardware and Andatech are the two largest computer hardware review sites, there is no question about it. The issue here is that they are saying Intel didn't know about it, so if Intel didn't know its a breach of NDA, if Intel knew then it is not and thus they are lieing. That is all i am saying.
i personally don't like andatech, some of the stuff they say and write is as correct as OBR like when he was making up scores and telling us he made them up to get hits. Other times their reviewers themselves do companies backhanded favors so they can end up working for them after they realize that $100 a review is too little.
however vendors like intel need sites like that on their good side, even if they breach NDA a decision has to be made and ussually it doesn't end up hurting such a big site. you see hardOCP do that and they would be toast. The thing many of you think is that vendors tell sites to give them good reviews, however it sit eh other way around, demands are made for good reviews. The small guys, like small sites, and a crappy company will ask for certain things to allow the site to keep the product. That is just ridiculousness however, if someone told me I had to give it a score to keep the product I would give them back the product, however many wont b/c they are run by 15 year olds.

I don't mean to come across as a jerk or target you personally. I get annoyed seeing the many posts full of generalizations and opinions stated as facts. Nothing personal!

-not saying the above is. It's just the one I responded to.
Number Cruncher
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 2700k @ 4.6 1.3V Gigabyte Z68XP UD4 MSI TF3 7950 3GB G. Skill 4x4GB Ripjaw Zs 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Samsung 830 256GB 2 - WD 750 GB Black WD 320GB Blue Lite-On DVD Drive 
CoolingOSMonitorPower
Corsair H80 Win 7 Pro x64 Acer P243w Corsair 750W TX 
CaseAudio
Lian Li PC-A71F Audioengine A2/Audioengine D1 DAC 
  hide details  
Reply
Number Cruncher
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 2700k @ 4.6 1.3V Gigabyte Z68XP UD4 MSI TF3 7950 3GB G. Skill 4x4GB Ripjaw Zs 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Samsung 830 256GB 2 - WD 750 GB Black WD 320GB Blue Lite-On DVD Drive 
CoolingOSMonitorPower
Corsair H80 Win 7 Pro x64 Acer P243w Corsair 750W TX 
CaseAudio
Lian Li PC-A71F Audioengine A2/Audioengine D1 DAC 
  hide details  
Reply
post #60 of 90
Yes its true thumb.gif
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Hardware News
Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Hardware News › [AnandTech]The Ivy Bridge Preview: Core i7 3770K Tested