Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › NVIDIA › Go SLI with my GTX 560 (non ti) or just buy a single GTX 560ti 448 core ultra OR go with a larger screen?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Go SLI with my GTX 560 (non ti) or just buy a single GTX 560ti 448 core ultra OR go with a larger screen?

post #1 of 6
Thread Starter 
Just as the title says, should I invest another $180 on another EVGA GTX 560 to run in SLI with my current GTX 560 and be done with it. OR should I sell my GTX 560 and buy a GTX 560ti 448 ultra or GTX 570 and just run a single card. I do not have a great amount of money to invest in it and just looking to future proof for a while. Right now my current card slaughters BF3 and MW3 on a 20" monitor at 1680 x 1050. I haven't found really found any good deals on screen recently in the 22-24" range. I am not sure what the price drop will be on Fermi if it will be significant enough when Kepler comes out.

Thoughts?
TH-Alpha [CARBON]
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5 2500k ASUS P8P67 B3 Pro 3207 EVGA GTX 480 SC ~ 800/1600/3696Mhz  Corsair XMS3 16GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Seagate Barracuda 500GB Intel 330 Series SSD ASUS DVD/R - RW Thermaltake Frio - modded. Scythe/Corsair/Proli... 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 Pro x64 Samsung Syncmaster 2494 24" Thermaltake Challenger Pro  Thermaltake TR2 RX 750 Bronze 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
CoolerMaster 690II Advanced (Modded) Logitech G9x Rocketfish Speed/Control Pad  Sony Digital 5.1 Home Theater 
Other
Plantronics GameCom 780 
  hide details  
Reply
TH-Alpha [CARBON]
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5 2500k ASUS P8P67 B3 Pro 3207 EVGA GTX 480 SC ~ 800/1600/3696Mhz  Corsair XMS3 16GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Seagate Barracuda 500GB Intel 330 Series SSD ASUS DVD/R - RW Thermaltake Frio - modded. Scythe/Corsair/Proli... 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 Pro x64 Samsung Syncmaster 2494 24" Thermaltake Challenger Pro  Thermaltake TR2 RX 750 Bronze 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
CoolerMaster 690II Advanced (Modded) Logitech G9x Rocketfish Speed/Control Pad  Sony Digital 5.1 Home Theater 
Other
Plantronics GameCom 780 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Constantine85 View Post

. Right now my current card slaughters BF3 and MW3 on a 20" monitor at 1680 x 1050. I haven't found really found any good deals on screen recently in the 22-24" range. I am not sure what the price drop will be on Fermi if it will be significant enough when Kepler comes out.
Thoughts?

At that resolution you're pretty future proof as is. The SLI will beat those single cards without too much of an issue so it's up to you. Some prefer single and some don't care.
It's a computer
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
2500k 4.5ghz @1.35v Asrock Extreme 3 Gen 3 Asus GTX 470 725/1694 @1.025v EVGA GTS 450 900/1804 (PhysX) 
RAMHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
8gb Gskill 1600mhz 640gb, Seagate 1tb Spinpoint F3, Kingston 60gb SSD LG Combo Thermaltake SpinQ 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Win7 64bit Ultimate Acer X203H 1600x900 CM Storm Quickfire w/ Blues PC Power and Cooling 750watt Silencer MKII 
CaseMouseMouse Pad
Silverstone Raven RV02 Microsoft 1.1A Razer Goliathus 
  hide details  
Reply
It's a computer
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
2500k 4.5ghz @1.35v Asrock Extreme 3 Gen 3 Asus GTX 470 725/1694 @1.025v EVGA GTS 450 900/1804 (PhysX) 
RAMHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
8gb Gskill 1600mhz 640gb, Seagate 1tb Spinpoint F3, Kingston 60gb SSD LG Combo Thermaltake SpinQ 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Win7 64bit Ultimate Acer X203H 1600x900 CM Storm Quickfire w/ Blues PC Power and Cooling 750watt Silencer MKII 
CaseMouseMouse Pad
Silverstone Raven RV02 Microsoft 1.1A Razer Goliathus 
  hide details  
Reply
post #3 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Constantine85 View Post

Just as the title says, should I invest another $180 on another EVGA GTX 560 to run in SLI with my current GTX 560 and be done with it. OR should I sell my GTX 560 and buy a GTX 560ti 448 ultra or GTX 570 and just run a single card. I do not have a great amount of money to invest in it and just looking to future proof for a while. Right now my current card slaughters BF3 and MW3 on a 20" monitor at 1680 x 1050. I haven't found really found any good deals on screen recently in the 22-24" range. I am not sure what the price drop will be on Fermi if it will be significant enough when Kepler comes out.
Thoughts?

This is basically what you are looking at right here performance wise.

http://www.anandtech.com/bench/Product/314?vs=499

460 vs 560 is literally no difference. If i were you i would sell your 560 and get the 448 core single card is always better then dual card set up. Plus, you can overclock the 560 ti 448 to almost match the performance of the 560 sli thumb.gif
Guts
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 6600k ASUS ROG MAXIMUS VIII HERO R9 Fury 4x2 Hyper x ddr4 @ 2400mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
WD caviar blue Samsung 830 Samsung Hyper 212 Evo 
OSMonitorPowerCase
Windows 10 Samsung C24FG70 24" EVGA 650 Corsair 300 
  hide details  
Reply
Guts
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 6600k ASUS ROG MAXIMUS VIII HERO R9 Fury 4x2 Hyper x ddr4 @ 2400mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
WD caviar blue Samsung 830 Samsung Hyper 212 Evo 
OSMonitorPowerCase
Windows 10 Samsung C24FG70 24" EVGA 650 Corsair 300 
  hide details  
Reply
post #4 of 6
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ITS OVER 9000! View Post

This is basically what you are looking at right here performance wise.
http://www.anandtech.com/bench/Product/314?vs=499
460 vs 560 is literally no difference. If i were you i would sell your 560 and get the 448 core single card is always better then dual card set up. Plus, you can overclock the 560 ti 448 to almost match the performance of the 560 sli thumb.gif

definitely thought of that and my only thing is if the one will be able to find the 448 when the Fermi line is done. It might really be tough to find another 448 core since it was such a limited run only from December 2011 until March 2012.
TH-Alpha [CARBON]
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5 2500k ASUS P8P67 B3 Pro 3207 EVGA GTX 480 SC ~ 800/1600/3696Mhz  Corsair XMS3 16GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Seagate Barracuda 500GB Intel 330 Series SSD ASUS DVD/R - RW Thermaltake Frio - modded. Scythe/Corsair/Proli... 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 Pro x64 Samsung Syncmaster 2494 24" Thermaltake Challenger Pro  Thermaltake TR2 RX 750 Bronze 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
CoolerMaster 690II Advanced (Modded) Logitech G9x Rocketfish Speed/Control Pad  Sony Digital 5.1 Home Theater 
Other
Plantronics GameCom 780 
  hide details  
Reply
TH-Alpha [CARBON]
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5 2500k ASUS P8P67 B3 Pro 3207 EVGA GTX 480 SC ~ 800/1600/3696Mhz  Corsair XMS3 16GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Seagate Barracuda 500GB Intel 330 Series SSD ASUS DVD/R - RW Thermaltake Frio - modded. Scythe/Corsair/Proli... 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 Pro x64 Samsung Syncmaster 2494 24" Thermaltake Challenger Pro  Thermaltake TR2 RX 750 Bronze 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
CoolerMaster 690II Advanced (Modded) Logitech G9x Rocketfish Speed/Control Pad  Sony Digital 5.1 Home Theater 
Other
Plantronics GameCom 780 
  hide details  
Reply
post #5 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Constantine85 View Post

definitely thought of that and my only thing is if the one will be able to find the 448 when the Fermi line is done. It might really be tough to find another 448 core since it was such a limited run only from December 2011 until March 2012.

Yes you also have to take that into consideration.. This is what i would do if i were you, i would wait until the new cards get launched; and then i would buy an kepler or 7800 series card. The 7870 is rounding up to be a very nice card indeed at 350$ but i think that the price will drop once nvidia's bombs hit the market. For right now your 560 should be able to hold you over thumb.gif . I am using a 5770 lol and i am waiting for the 7870
Guts
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 6600k ASUS ROG MAXIMUS VIII HERO R9 Fury 4x2 Hyper x ddr4 @ 2400mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
WD caviar blue Samsung 830 Samsung Hyper 212 Evo 
OSMonitorPowerCase
Windows 10 Samsung C24FG70 24" EVGA 650 Corsair 300 
  hide details  
Reply
Guts
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 6600k ASUS ROG MAXIMUS VIII HERO R9 Fury 4x2 Hyper x ddr4 @ 2400mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
WD caviar blue Samsung 830 Samsung Hyper 212 Evo 
OSMonitorPowerCase
Windows 10 Samsung C24FG70 24" EVGA 650 Corsair 300 
  hide details  
Reply
post #6 of 6
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ITS OVER 9000! View Post

Yes you also have to take that into consideration.. This is what i would do if i were you, i would wait until the new cards get launched; and then i would buy an kepler or 7800 series card. The 7870 is rounding up to be a very nice card indeed at 350$ but i think that the price will drop once nvidia's bombs hit the market. For right now your 560 should be able to hold you over thumb.gif . I am using a 5770 lol and i am waiting for the 7870

thats a good call - lets wait til the new cards come out.
TH-Alpha [CARBON]
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5 2500k ASUS P8P67 B3 Pro 3207 EVGA GTX 480 SC ~ 800/1600/3696Mhz  Corsair XMS3 16GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Seagate Barracuda 500GB Intel 330 Series SSD ASUS DVD/R - RW Thermaltake Frio - modded. Scythe/Corsair/Proli... 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 Pro x64 Samsung Syncmaster 2494 24" Thermaltake Challenger Pro  Thermaltake TR2 RX 750 Bronze 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
CoolerMaster 690II Advanced (Modded) Logitech G9x Rocketfish Speed/Control Pad  Sony Digital 5.1 Home Theater 
Other
Plantronics GameCom 780 
  hide details  
Reply
TH-Alpha [CARBON]
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5 2500k ASUS P8P67 B3 Pro 3207 EVGA GTX 480 SC ~ 800/1600/3696Mhz  Corsair XMS3 16GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Seagate Barracuda 500GB Intel 330 Series SSD ASUS DVD/R - RW Thermaltake Frio - modded. Scythe/Corsair/Proli... 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 Pro x64 Samsung Syncmaster 2494 24" Thermaltake Challenger Pro  Thermaltake TR2 RX 750 Bronze 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
CoolerMaster 690II Advanced (Modded) Logitech G9x Rocketfish Speed/Control Pad  Sony Digital 5.1 Home Theater 
Other
Plantronics GameCom 780 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: NVIDIA
  • Go SLI with my GTX 560 (non ti) or just buy a single GTX 560ti 448 core ultra OR go with a larger screen?
Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › NVIDIA › Go SLI with my GTX 560 (non ti) or just buy a single GTX 560ti 448 core ultra OR go with a larger screen?