Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Monitors and Displays › Yamakasi Catleap Monitor Club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Yamakasi Catleap Monitor Club - Page 1063

post #10621 of 11297
If anyone here lives in the NY area, you can get this Catleap, no dead pixels, no BLB for less than $200 maybe. Its a "Make Offer" and "Pick Up Only" listing.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/YAMAKASI-CATLEAP-Q270-IPS-27-2560-x-1440-Monitor-/321556086267?pt=Computer_Monitors&hash=item4ade3c7dfb
The }SkOrPn--'
(23 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Xeon X5650 @ 4.0 Ghz Rampage III Extreme w/latest Xeon microcode Asus Radeon HD 5870 12GB G-Skill RipJaws 1600 mhz 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
Samsung SM961 Swiftech Apogee GTZ EK FC5870 Acetal+Copper Swiftech MCP655 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
ThermoChill PA120.3 6 Gentle Typhoons AP-15 XSPC Dual Bay "EyeBall" Res PrimoFlex Pro LRT UV Green 1/2" 
OSOSMonitorMonitor
Windows 10 Pro 64bit Manjaro Linux Custom 2560x1440 Debezelled IPS Dell UltraSharp 2405FPW 24" 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech K800 Ultra X3 1kW SilverStone TJ07 Logitech Performance MX 
Mouse PadAudioOther
Razer ExactMat "X" Control Logitech Z5500 USB 3.1 x4 PCIe 
  hide details  
Reply
The }SkOrPn--'
(23 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Xeon X5650 @ 4.0 Ghz Rampage III Extreme w/latest Xeon microcode Asus Radeon HD 5870 12GB G-Skill RipJaws 1600 mhz 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
Samsung SM961 Swiftech Apogee GTZ EK FC5870 Acetal+Copper Swiftech MCP655 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
ThermoChill PA120.3 6 Gentle Typhoons AP-15 XSPC Dual Bay "EyeBall" Res PrimoFlex Pro LRT UV Green 1/2" 
OSOSMonitorMonitor
Windows 10 Pro 64bit Manjaro Linux Custom 2560x1440 Debezelled IPS Dell UltraSharp 2405FPW 24" 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech K800 Ultra X3 1kW SilverStone TJ07 Logitech Performance MX 
Mouse PadAudioOther
Razer ExactMat "X" Control Logitech Z5500 USB 3.1 x4 PCIe 
  hide details  
Reply
post #10622 of 11297
Quote:
Originally Posted by rtorbs View Post

Hi All

Sorry to sort of just barge in (just dropped a post in newbies section) but been following this thread for a couple of weeks prior to getting '2B' from Green Sum last Friday.....Ive had the aft off so decided to have a play about following the Nvidia guide but I cant seem to squeeze any more than 70hz out of it frown.gif but since ive no experience I was wondering how much of a diff fine tuning etc makes ?

Im running a single EVGA 980 GTX if that helps? and my Monitor is a 4F2L, I also notice the box doesn't actually mention its the OC version like I believe the early ones did ?

Cheers

Same here. 4F2L and currently no luck with overlocking :-(
post #10623 of 11297
Quote:
Originally Posted by }SkOrPn--' View Post

Which is my point exactly, its a possibility "as-is". Replace the part not getting you there and you will probably be hitting 120hz easily. Finding that part is the not so easy task, lol... I should have my overclocking kit here soon, and will try and build my own LVDS cable, so lets see how my panel does...

It was the point I was trying to make to new owners that they shouldn't be disappointed if they don't reach 120Hz, but still managed greater than 60Hz. They shouldn't be disappointed as more than 60Hz is better than nothing and the Korean monitors are not certified at 120Hz (just a possibility). Some new owners felt like they were ripped off by it not reaching the golden 120Hz, and it got tiring to read.

Just hope your home built LVDS cable works out and that is the achiles heal to reach the golden 120Hz. It would be interesting to get others to reach 120Hz with your cables if you decide to help out others.


As for the Ebay monitor, that is a steal. Just get that and order the TCON board package and overclock it and it would be still cheaper than the actual monitors sold on Ebay at the moment.

Zahix mentioned the price went up on the catleaps....I need to check this out.

EDIT- Oh wow, did they ever go up in price again. Too much interest I'm guessing, time for profit!
Edited by ontariotl - 10/22/14 at 11:31am
post #10624 of 11297
Quote:
Originally Posted by ontariotl View Post

It was the point I was trying to make to new owners that they shouldn't be disappointed if they don't reach 120Hz, but still managed greater than 60Hz. They shouldn't be disappointed as more than 60Hz is better than nothing and the Korean monitors are not certified at 120Hz (just a possibility). Some new owners felt like they were ripped off by it not reaching the golden 120Hz, and it got tiring to read.

Just hope your home built LVDS cable works out and that is the achiles heal to reach the golden 120Hz. It would be interesting to get others to reach 120Hz with your cables if you decide to help out others.


As for the Ebay monitor, that is a steal. Just get that and order the TCON board package and overclock it and it would be still cheaper than the actual monitors sold on Ebay at the moment.

Zahix mentioned the price went up on the catleaps....I need to check this out.

EDIT- Oh wow, did they ever go up in price again. Too much interest I'm guessing, time for profit!
Yeah, I would love to see for myself. Both 120hz.net and Joshua at emaxeon say it is the LVDS cable that is the true limit, as we connect decent DVI cables only to have some of the worlds thinnest crapiest wires being used on the LVDS cable (some of these cables have fallen apart just by simply touching them), which is responsible for carrying the signal to the TCON board. It just doesn't make sense to me to have such a weak link in the path to the actual panel.

By the way, a Chinese manufacturer offered to make these for me for 5 cents each (in bulk of course). Really? not even 5 cents worth of copper is inside these cables? lol, I don't care how you look at it I can not believe a 5 cent cable can possibly be of quality. I have not replied to their offer...
The }SkOrPn--'
(23 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Xeon X5650 @ 4.0 Ghz Rampage III Extreme w/latest Xeon microcode Asus Radeon HD 5870 12GB G-Skill RipJaws 1600 mhz 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
Samsung SM961 Swiftech Apogee GTZ EK FC5870 Acetal+Copper Swiftech MCP655 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
ThermoChill PA120.3 6 Gentle Typhoons AP-15 XSPC Dual Bay "EyeBall" Res PrimoFlex Pro LRT UV Green 1/2" 
OSOSMonitorMonitor
Windows 10 Pro 64bit Manjaro Linux Custom 2560x1440 Debezelled IPS Dell UltraSharp 2405FPW 24" 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech K800 Ultra X3 1kW SilverStone TJ07 Logitech Performance MX 
Mouse PadAudioOther
Razer ExactMat "X" Control Logitech Z5500 USB 3.1 x4 PCIe 
  hide details  
Reply
The }SkOrPn--'
(23 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Xeon X5650 @ 4.0 Ghz Rampage III Extreme w/latest Xeon microcode Asus Radeon HD 5870 12GB G-Skill RipJaws 1600 mhz 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
Samsung SM961 Swiftech Apogee GTZ EK FC5870 Acetal+Copper Swiftech MCP655 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
ThermoChill PA120.3 6 Gentle Typhoons AP-15 XSPC Dual Bay "EyeBall" Res PrimoFlex Pro LRT UV Green 1/2" 
OSOSMonitorMonitor
Windows 10 Pro 64bit Manjaro Linux Custom 2560x1440 Debezelled IPS Dell UltraSharp 2405FPW 24" 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech K800 Ultra X3 1kW SilverStone TJ07 Logitech Performance MX 
Mouse PadAudioOther
Razer ExactMat "X" Control Logitech Z5500 USB 3.1 x4 PCIe 
  hide details  
Reply
post #10625 of 11297
Quote:
Originally Posted by }SkOrPn--' View Post

By the way, a Chinese manufacturer offered to make these for me for 5 cents each (in bulk of course). Really? not even 5 cents worth of copper is inside these cables? lol, I don't care how you look at it I can not believe a 5 cent cable can possibly be of quality. I have not replied to their offer...

Ask them for a sample

PRICE RAISE SPECULATION:
Find it very suspicious that bigclothcraft and lovelypeople no longer have these posted at all, and GreenSum suddenly raises price to ~600$
That was around the price when I got mine...
It is my understanding that a lot of these sellers are actually all part of a group, not individual people.
Perhaps the new price represents higher quality materials?Seems absurd, but it is possible, I suppose.
post #10626 of 11297
Quote:
Originally Posted by electro2u View Post

Ask them for a sample

PRICE RAISE SPECULATION:
Find it very suspicious that bigclothcraft and lovelypeople no longer have these posted at all, and GreenSum suddenly raises price to ~600$
That was around the price when I got mine...
It is my understanding that a lot of these sellers are actually all part of a group, not individual people.
Perhaps the new price represents higher quality materials?Seems absurd, but it is possible, I suppose.

Nope, same product, same parts installed. Nothing is upgraded. Just supply and demand as usual. When I bought mine, there were at least 4 other ebay sellers. Even though they still had stock, they mysteriously ended the sale. I wouldn't doubt it is all one ebayer with multiple IDs. So someone was sitting on stock as they were priced too high, so they sell on different ebay accounts to gain interest with different price points to see what buyers will pay. Sales rise, then they pull the cheaper ones to sell at a higher price for profit.
post #10627 of 11297
Quote:
Originally Posted by electro2u View Post

Ask them for a sample

PRICE RAISE SPECULATION:
Find it very suspicious that bigclothcraft and lovelypeople no longer have these posted at all, and GreenSum suddenly raises price to ~600$
That was around the price when I got mine...
It is my understanding that a lot of these sellers are actually all part of a group, not individual people.
Perhaps the new price represents higher quality materials?Seems absurd, but it is possible, I suppose.
A couple years ago they went as high as $1400 after stocks depleted. You can still get them elsewhere at reasonable prices: http://www.2560x1440monitor.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=57&product_id=127
My System
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
7700k Asrock z270 Taichi GTX 1070 AMP! 16gb Vengeance 3200mhz 
MonitorPowerCaseAudio
Qnix QX2710, Yamakasi DS270, Catleap 2b XFX 750W Pro CM Sniper BE SBZx 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
7700k Asrock z270 Taichi GTX 1070 AMP! 16gb Vengeance 3200mhz 
MonitorPowerCaseAudio
Qnix QX2710, Yamakasi DS270, Catleap 2b XFX 750W Pro CM Sniper BE SBZx 
  hide details  
Reply
post #10628 of 11297
Ok, so
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zahix View Post

It seems the Catleap price went up frown.gif I guess I will be going with the Qnix after all.

yeah go for it. My catleap looks better in every way, but unlike the "120 hz oc EXTREME!" moniker it overclocks like *CENSORED!!!!!* . So thanks, green-sum, and korean sellers in general, for trying to *CENSORED!!!!* us over as much as possible. Not even 96hz is stable. 2b my ass.
latProd
(12 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
4670k maximus hero VI Evga 780 Ti Evga 780 Ti 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
OCZ vertex 3 Corsair force 3  EK Waterblock win 7 ultimate 
MonitorPowerCaseAudio
qnix evolution II Corsair 860i carbide air 530 mbox gen 3 
  hide details  
Reply
latProd
(12 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
4670k maximus hero VI Evga 780 Ti Evga 780 Ti 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
OCZ vertex 3 Corsair force 3  EK Waterblock win 7 ultimate 
MonitorPowerCaseAudio
qnix evolution II Corsair 860i carbide air 530 mbox gen 3 
  hide details  
Reply
post #10629 of 11297
Quote:
Originally Posted by ontariotl View Post

Nope, same product, same parts installed. Nothing is upgraded.
Seems most likely that this is correct. However, how do you know? You sound like you've toured the factory! smile.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by blued View Post

A couple years ago they went as high as $1400 after stocks depleted. You can still get them elsewhere at reasonable prices: http://www.2560x1440monitor.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=57&product_id=127

Again, this is a strange listing, "2B Overclock" normally it would say "2B OC".
post #10630 of 11297
I think the sellers list them as "2B OverClock" because some of the overcloking monitors have stickers that say "2B OverClock", mine was sold with that title but was missing the sticker and was actually a 2C model, which even seller agreed.

btw. he told me he is gonna send me the boards tomorrow, and even offered me a second monitor for nice price, really nice i might buy second monitor because thats cheap as it gets!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Monitors and Displays
Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Monitors and Displays › Yamakasi Catleap Monitor Club