Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Monitors and Displays › Yamakasi Catleap Monitor Club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Yamakasi Catleap Monitor Club - Page 113

post #1121 of 11286
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinsbane View Post

How curious. My HD 5770 manages to work with this thing in BIOS. However, maybe because I'm running a U2312hm alongside it? Regardless, during POST and during Windows startup, I do see everything as normal. Actually, it "responds faster" than my displayport U2312hm setup. Ie, i see the image on the Catleap before the Dell.

heh.

I have a 5770, a U2412 and my BIOS and wondows boot comes up on the U2412 until the drivers load, then it shuts off the 2412 and shows the initial login on the Yamakasi.

I wonder if its a port thing and I should try switching the cables - maybe this weekend I'll run the experiment.

BB
Dad's Rig
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 860 P55H-A AMD Radeon HD 7800 Series G.Skill F3-10666CL8D-4GBHK 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
WD6401AALS WD10EADS WD20EADS LG GH22NS50 Supermulti 
CoolingOSMonitorMonitor
Corsair H50 Win7x64 Yamakasi Catleap Q270 Dell U2412M 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Corsair 650TX Thermaltake V3 Black logitech G400 Logtiech Z313 
Other
CH Products Cockpit suite 
  hide details  
Reply
Dad's Rig
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 860 P55H-A AMD Radeon HD 7800 Series G.Skill F3-10666CL8D-4GBHK 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
WD6401AALS WD10EADS WD20EADS LG GH22NS50 Supermulti 
CoolingOSMonitorMonitor
Corsair H50 Win7x64 Yamakasi Catleap Q270 Dell U2412M 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Corsair 650TX Thermaltake V3 Black logitech G400 Logtiech Z313 
Other
CH Products Cockpit suite 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1122 of 11286
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTDEW View Post

Where and how the heck did you get that info?
This is the 2nd time ive seen someone mention their warehouse move.
I ordered the 14th and still haven't heard from green-sum.
It wouldn't bother me so much if all you guys would quit posting they got theirs 3 days after ordering. biggrin.gif

I was probably both the posts that mentioned his warehouse move. tongue.gif I'm buying my monitors from him directly now (outside ebay). So he emails me back pretty quickly all the time.

"Hi,
Item is sent in 2 days after payment received.
BTW, we need to inform you that we have a plan to move our warehouse on Monday.
We expect 1~2 day delay, sorry about that.
We will provide tracking number after then, Thank you."
post #1123 of 11286
When did he sent you this mail? Saying that it will take 2 days.


Today ? frown.gif


And how can you buy a monitor outside Ebay, and why should you? To get less buyers protection, is that the goal ? smile.gif
post #1124 of 11286
damn, its been at the bloody local fedex facility the whole day, I forgot i could just og there direct to pick it up, oh well will be here tomorrow. Thats very good, dcsamsung total ship time 2 days to Canada.
The only reason its not delivered today is cause the truck guy left early before the package arrived at the depo.


Any idea how much he is paying for shipping? I mean 2 days to ship a 10kg item from korea to canada is very impressive.
My System
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5 2500k @ 4.5Ghz Asus V-Pro Z68 GTX 780 ACX 8GB ddr3 G.Skill 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
512GB M4 SSD H60/620 combo Windows 7 Yamakasi 2560x1440p 27' 
PowerCase
Corsair HX750 HAF 912 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5 2500k @ 4.5Ghz Asus V-Pro Z68 GTX 780 ACX 8GB ddr3 G.Skill 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
512GB M4 SSD H60/620 combo Windows 7 Yamakasi 2560x1440p 27' 
PowerCase
Corsair HX750 HAF 912 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1125 of 11286
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBGunWB View Post

heh.
I have a 5770, a U2412 and my BIOS and wondows boot comes up on the U2412 until the drivers load, then it shuts off the 2412 and shows the initial login on the Yamakasi.
I wonder if its a port thing and I should try switching the cables - maybe this weekend I'll run the experiment.
BB

Your Yamakasi is set as the primary monitor; the login screen will only display on your primary.
post #1126 of 11286
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToastyX View Post

Well, actually...
I found the monitor will display a usable picture at a lower resolution as long as the horizontal resolution stays at 2560, although part of the next frame is shown at the bottom of the screen. Doing that, I was able to get 2560x1000 @ 122 Hz. I could not get 125 Hz at any resolution, so it seems like the timing controller was actually designed to handle 120 Hz and not much more.

Thanks again, wonderful discovery.

Max res at 120hz, GPU scaling does not get rid of 2nd frame.
44cWw.jpg

Top part is very usable, bottom frame has deep scanlines at 120hz.
yxasx.jpg
Edited by necriss - 3/20/12 at 6:44pm
post #1127 of 11286
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyPC View Post

When did he sent you this mail? Saying that it will take 2 days.
Today ? frown.gif
And how can you buy a monitor outside Ebay, and why should you? To get less buyers protection, is that the goal ? smile.gif

2 days ago. on the 18th. And you really shouldn't buy it outside eBay unless you trust the person. I still paid through Paypal though so I have some protection. And he knows it'll really hurt his Overclock.net sales if he ****s with any of us. I made sure of that. tongue.gif

But no the main reason is 2 parts. 1) He didn't have a listing for perfect-panels then. 2) He also gave me a discount as he doesn't have to pay the eBay fees. So...I'm all good with it.
post #1128 of 11286
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToastyX View Post

Well, actually...
I found the monitor will display a usable picture at a lower resolution as long as the horizontal resolution stays at 2560, although part of the next frame is shown at the bottom of the screen. Doing that, I was able to get 2560x1000 @ 122 Hz. I could not get 125 Hz at any resolution, so it seems like the timing controller was actually designed to handle 120 Hz and not much more.

Does that resolution then include AMD cards? Still not fully grasping the implications of the 333 MHz limit.
post #1129 of 11286
Will likely take another 2-3 generations of graphics cards before ramdac is increased above 400mhz. Mainstream is 120hz @ 1080p which doesn't even use 300mhz pixel clock.
post #1130 of 11286
Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperMatrix View Post

2 days ago. on the 18th. And you really shouldn't buy it outside eBay unless you trust the person. I still paid through Paypal though so I have some protection. And he knows it'll really hurt his Overclock.net sales if he ****s with any of us. I made sure of that. tongue.gif
But no the main reason is 2 parts. 1) He didn't have a listing for perfect-panels then. 2) He also gave me a discount as he doesn't have to pay the eBay fees. So...I'm all good with it.

what prices are you getting?
are you saying that he's going to ensure you get perfect panels? how many are you buying?

for resale?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Monitors and Displays
Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Monitors and Displays › Yamakasi Catleap Monitor Club