Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Monitors and Displays › Yamakasi Catleap Monitor Club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Yamakasi Catleap Monitor Club - Page 156

post #1551 of 11286
Quote:
Originally Posted by HossWTC View Post

I have a 5850 and I can connect the Catleap to either DVI port. I have an OEM 5850 ("Manufacturer: Built by AMD"). Both of the ports on my card appear to be DL-DVI. Unfortunately, I do not get a BIOS screen or the "Loading Windows" screen when booting into Win7.
I didn't expect to stay with the 5850 for long after getting the Catleap though. No way the 5850 can push games at this resolution.
I ordered a GTX680 on Friday.

Yup I figured If i'm getting 40-50 fps on High @ 1080p wiith a single 5850 and a phenom at 3.8 GHz on BF3... I probably will drop below 30 at 1440p. Wondering what CPU are you planning to run with the 680? Do you think a phenom will bottleneck the 680 or would I have to get an i5 2.5k along with it?

thanks for any input
Edited by scatlm - 3/25/12 at 10:00pm
post #1552 of 11286
i decided to do a little digging on my own about this pcb stuff. i don't know how useful any of this will be and might already have gotten this info already.

firstly, that model number LM270WQ1-SLA1 for the OC pcb seems to refer to a 10bit panel (actually 8 bit + frc) so logic would dictate that the SLA1 pcb would go with SLA1 panel

from this list here http://www.tftcentral.co.uk/articles/monitor_panel_parts.htm
there seems to be a few similar models:

LM270WQ1-SDA2 (5ms G2G , 1000:1, 16.7M (8-bit) 77%)
LM270WQ1-SDDA (12ms G2G, 1000:1, 1.07b sRGB)
LM270WQ1-SLA1 (6ms G2G, 1000:1, 1.07b (8-bit+A-FRC) 77%)
LM270WQ2-SLA1 (5ms G2G, 1000:1, 1.07b (8-bit+A-FRC) 102%)

but it gets stranger b/c in the pictures of the OC panel from the first post, the back of the lcd is for the SDE3 panel.

with more digging i found info on SDE3.. but it is an 8-bit panel with ed4 (4 lane)
http://www.panelook.com/modeldetail.php?id=14391

vs. SLA1 panel http://www.panelook.com/modeldetail.php?id=13657 10-bit & Signal interface: lvds 4ch

it is strange how the SDE3 panel came with components for the SLA1. so maybe they are just using whatever parts they had on hand?


oh and, i found this http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=13406346493 it is a different model number, but maybe it could be compatible.
post #1553 of 11286
Quote:
Originally Posted by illli View Post

i decided to do a little digging on my own about this pcb stuff. i don't know how useful any of this will be and might already have gotten this info already.
firstly, that model number LM270WQ1-SLA1 for the OC pcb seems to refer to a 10bit panel (actually 8 bit + frc) so logic would dictate that the SLA1 pcb would go with SLA1 panel
from this list here http://www.tftcentral.co.uk/articles/monitor_panel_parts.htm
there seems to be a few similar models:
LM270WQ1-SDA2 (5ms G2G , 1000:1, 16.7M (8-bit) 77%)
LM270WQ1-SDDA (12ms G2G, 1000:1, 1.07b sRGB)
LM270WQ1-SLA1 (6ms G2G, 1000:1, 1.07b (8-bit+A-FRC) 77%)
LM270WQ2-SLA1 (5ms G2G, 1000:1, 1.07b (8-bit+A-FRC) 102%)
but it gets stranger b/c in the pictures of the OC panel from the first post, the back of the lcd is for the SDE3 panel.
with more digging i found info on SDE3.. but it is an 8-bit panel with ed4 (4 lane)
http://www.panelook.com/modeldetail.php?id=14391
vs. SLA1 panel http://www.panelook.com/modeldetail.php?id=13657 10-bit & Signal interface: lvds 4ch
it is strange how the SDE3 panel came with components for the SLA1. so maybe they are just using whatever parts they had on hand?
oh and, i found this http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=13406346493 it is a different model number, but maybe it could be compatible.

My understanding of the difference between the Q1 and Q2 is that the Q1 uses an LED backlight, and the Q2 uses a CCFL. About the other differences, the majority of it simply seems to be the timing controller board attached to the panel; SD units seem to use eDP and SL units use LVDS. Within those variants I'm not sure; it may just be different runs, or it may be FRC or non-FRC.... doesn't make a big difference either way I suspect. What's most confusing is that despite these general rules (that the datasheets corroborate) we have seen a number of panels in these threads that seem to violate those rules; for example, Scribby's LVDS panel is labeled as SD. I get the feeling the manufacturers are playing the old swappy-swappy game with various bits and pieces sometimes to get working units; we've even seen some panels labeled "for evaluation only" O_O
Monolith
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 920 C0 4GHz EVGA X58 3X SLI ATi Radeon 4870x2 6GB (3x2GB G-Skill DDR3-1600 9-9-9-24) 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
120GB Vertex2 1TB WD Black LG GH22NS30 Custom watercooling (dual 6" heatercores, 2xMCW... 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
Yamakasi Catleap Q270 Lenovo L220x Xarmor U9BL-S (custom controller) PCP&C Silencer 750W 
CaseMouseAudio
Lian-li PC-G70 Logitech G700 Asus Xonar DX 
  hide details  
Reply
Monolith
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 920 C0 4GHz EVGA X58 3X SLI ATi Radeon 4870x2 6GB (3x2GB G-Skill DDR3-1600 9-9-9-24) 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
120GB Vertex2 1TB WD Black LG GH22NS30 Custom watercooling (dual 6" heatercores, 2xMCW... 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
Yamakasi Catleap Q270 Lenovo L220x Xarmor U9BL-S (custom controller) PCP&C Silencer 750W 
CaseMouseAudio
Lian-li PC-G70 Logitech G700 Asus Xonar DX 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1554 of 11286
post #1555 of 11286
About the DL-DVI/SL-DVI ports on the HD 5xxx series, I think I'm wrong when I said that the HD 5xxx series only has one DL-DVI port. Only certain members of the HD 5xxx series explicitly only have 1 DL-DVI port (HD 5770 Sapphire FLEX being one).

I think I mixed it up with the 6xxx series, which do only have one DL-DVI port. Sorry about that scatlm. I've made appropriate edits to my posts to edit out erroneous information.
post #1556 of 11286
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyghtryder_9 View Post

You can just run a dvi-d cable to either of the dvi ports and you'll be fine. I have two of the exact same card and have had no problems at all running it at full resolution at 65mhz ( i got a 2c model so thats the max it will go ).

Would I be able to use both DVI-I ports to get max resolution to 2 Yamakasi monitors? If not I am assuming I would need to run 2 GTX 580's in SLI? Forgive my lack of knowledge I am still learning, Thanks!
post #1557 of 11286
Quote:
Originally Posted by samuraixzodus View Post

Would I be able to use both DVI-I ports to get max resolution to 2 Yamakasi monitors? If not I am assuming I would need to run 2 GTX 580's in SLI? Forgive my lack of knowledge I am still learning, Thanks!

Yes, 2 Catleaps will work properly with a single GTX 580.
post #1558 of 11286
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinsbane View Post

Yes, 2 Catleaps will work properly with a single GTX 580.

Awesome!
Thanks for the feedback!
post #1559 of 11286
I was thinking of ordering three more of these bad boys, anyone know if it's a good idea to contact the sellers directly to negotiate a better price? Anyone recommend a way of doing it to ensure your money isn't stolen?
post #1560 of 11286
Quote:
Originally Posted by scatlm View Post

Yup I figured If i'm getting 40-50 fps on High @ 1080p wiith a single 5850 and a phenom at 3.8 GHz on BF3... I probably will drop below 30 at 1440p. Wondering what CPU are you planning to run with the 680? Do you think a phenom will bottleneck the 680 or would I have to get an i5 2.5k along with it?
thanks for any input

I have an i7-860 @ 2.8GHz (not 'clocked, I know, shame wink.gif ) on an eVGA P55 FTW. I hope that's enough to feed the 680. If not, this "cheap" 27 inch monitor just got real expensive...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Monitors and Displays
Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Monitors and Displays › Yamakasi Catleap Monitor Club