Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Monitors and Displays › Yamakasi Catleap Monitor Club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Yamakasi Catleap Monitor Club - Page 187

post #1861 of 11298
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelbarrage View Post

Why all the obsession with 120 Hz?
I must be missing something.

Common multiple of 24 and 30 so works fine even if you're watching a 30fps movie as it can split it up evenly 1 frame to 4. Or a 24fps bluray on a 1 frame to 5 basis. Or a 60fps video at 1 frame to 2. And also 120hz means nvidia 3d vision kit. 3d 1440p? **** yeah... wink.gif
post #1862 of 11298
Quote:
Originally Posted by eduardmc View Post

Any reason of why did you remove the tempered glass?

I ordered the tempered glass version, just in hope it would be a 2B version.
Its was very glossy, right in your head!.. somehow it feels better with the benzel bevel.

Also as a bonus, i feel like im getting less eye-strain now. but it might just be because im getting used to it.

And I had some dust behind the glass
post #1863 of 11298
I cant see many people having enough horsepower to run nvidia 3d at 1440p.
I can understand the equal multiplier of fps but if that is that big of a deal just buy an actual 120 Hz monitor.
The cheapest option isn't always the best.
This monitor is great because you can get so much more out of it at the given price point.
XPS+
(9 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 2500K Asus z68 v-pro MSI N580GTX TF II/OC G. Skill Ripjaws 
Hard DriveCoolingOSPower
WD Caviar Black Hyper 212+ Windows 7 64 Corsair TX 750 
Case
CM HAF 922 
  hide details  
Reply
XPS+
(9 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 2500K Asus z68 v-pro MSI N580GTX TF II/OC G. Skill Ripjaws 
Hard DriveCoolingOSPower
WD Caviar Black Hyper 212+ Windows 7 64 Corsair TX 750 
Case
CM HAF 922 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1864 of 11298
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelbarrage View Post

I cant see many people having enough horsepower to run nvidia 3d at 1440p.
I can understand the equal multiplier of fps but if that is that big of a deal just buy an actual 120 Hz monitor.
The cheapest option isn't always the best.
This monitor is great because you can get so much more out of it at the given price point.

It's not about the "cheapest option." It's that there "are" no 120hz 1440p monitors. And for me, I don't think I'd game in 3D. But I wouldn't mind watching some BluRay's in 3D since I don't want to upgrade my HDTV yet. Paid $3k for it like 2 months before 3d came out so really don't wanna upgrade it yet. Will wait till some new revolution in standard 3d tech. Especially considering this monitor has higher resolution than anything a TV can currently display. tongue.gif

And I'd disagree with you on the lack of horsepower comment. As we've seen, people in this thread have often bought multiple monitors, and many have purchased gtx 680's or will be soon. We're not the ghetto poor club. That's for sure.
post #1865 of 11298
Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperMatrix View Post

It's not about the "cheapest option." It's that there "are" no 120hz 1440p monitors. And for me, I don't think I'd game in 3D. But I wouldn't mind watching some BluRay's in 3D since I don't want to upgrade my HDTV yet. Paid $3k for it like 2 months before 3d came out so really don't wanna upgrade it yet. Will wait till some new revolution in standard 3d tech. Especially considering this monitor has higher resolution than anything a TV can currently display. tongue.gif
And I'd disagree with you on the lack of horsepower comment. As we've seen, people in this thread have often bought multiple monitors, and many have purchased gtx 680's or will be soon. We're not the ghetto poor club. That's for sure.

For 3D Bluray I completely agree with you.
I didn't actually get the impression that that many here had 680's.
I know they are more than enough to drive these but I didn't see a lot of posts with people scrambling for 680's so they could game in 3D.
I was under the impression that the 680's were being used to run the multi monitor set ups.
Edit:
I am in the ghetto poor club. frown.gif
I'm in college but I want one of these screens so bad.
Hopefully my internship will pay well.
Plus I just picked up my 580 over Christmas.
Edited by Steelbarrage - 3/29/12 at 6:59pm
XPS+
(9 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 2500K Asus z68 v-pro MSI N580GTX TF II/OC G. Skill Ripjaws 
Hard DriveCoolingOSPower
WD Caviar Black Hyper 212+ Windows 7 64 Corsair TX 750 
Case
CM HAF 922 
  hide details  
Reply
XPS+
(9 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 2500K Asus z68 v-pro MSI N580GTX TF II/OC G. Skill Ripjaws 
Hard DriveCoolingOSPower
WD Caviar Black Hyper 212+ Windows 7 64 Corsair TX 750 
Case
CM HAF 922 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1866 of 11298
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelbarrage View Post

For 3D Bluray I completely agree with you.
I didn't actually get the impression that that many here had 680's.
I know they are more than enough to drive these but I didn't see a lot of posts with people scrambling for 680's so they could game in 3D.
I was under the impression that the 680's were being used to run the multi monitor set ups.
Edit:
I am in the ghetto poor club. frown.gif
I'm in college but I want one of these screens so bad.
Hopefully my internship will pay well.
Plus I just picked up my 580 over Christmas.

580's a fine ass card. I wouldn't upgrade that until the GK110's come out. That thing will be 2.5x faster than your 580!!! Then you'll be golden. But yeah I've had a lot of people message me here saying they either have a 680, are waiting for their 680 to come, or will be picking one up very soon. Especially now that we know with a 680, you can run (most times) at 120hz whereas you couldn't do that with other video cards.
post #1867 of 11298
Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperMatrix View Post

580's a fine ass card. I wouldn't upgrade that until the GK110's come out. That thing will be 2.5x faster than your 580!!! Then you'll be golden. But yeah I've had a lot of people message me here saying they either have a 680, are waiting for their 680 to come, or will be picking one up very soon. Especially now that we know with a 680, you can run (most times) at 120hz whereas you couldn't do that with other video cards.

Ok I'm not privy to those messages so you obviously have more information than I do.
Plus I got my card from an OCN user for a low price.
Very few 580s on the marketplace now have beat it.
Edited by Steelbarrage - 3/29/12 at 7:30pm
XPS+
(9 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 2500K Asus z68 v-pro MSI N580GTX TF II/OC G. Skill Ripjaws 
Hard DriveCoolingOSPower
WD Caviar Black Hyper 212+ Windows 7 64 Corsair TX 750 
Case
CM HAF 922 
  hide details  
Reply
XPS+
(9 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 2500K Asus z68 v-pro MSI N580GTX TF II/OC G. Skill Ripjaws 
Hard DriveCoolingOSPower
WD Caviar Black Hyper 212+ Windows 7 64 Corsair TX 750 
Case
CM HAF 922 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1868 of 11298
Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperMatrix View Post

You tried doing your own manual timings too? And have you tried the step-up method of going up 1hz at a time from 116-117-118-119-120?
Because technically it should work. The PBS are 120hz rated. As toasted said, he actually got his to 123hz at a lower resolution. Also are you using the stock dvi cable or did you buy a professional one?

I tried going up one step at a time. Manual timings result in really weird colours. I am using the stock DVI cable, so potentially that may be an issue. Not sure if I want to "step up" to a "professional" DVI cable. We shall see.
post #1869 of 11298
How long did it take, for those who ordered from greensum, to get the tracking number and whatnot? We did the transaction over PayPal directly and can't seem to figure it out.

Nvm got it when I woke up in an email. This thing is fast. Already departed from the airport.
Edited by darrenb123 - 3/30/12 at 10:46pm
post #1870 of 11298
Quote:
Originally Posted by darrenb123 View Post

How long did it take, for those who ordered from greensum, to get the tracking number and whatnot? We did the transaction over PayPal directly and can't seem to figure it out and he takes forever to email back.

My first monitor took about a day to get the info - my second took a week or so because it was when they were moving warehouses or whatever. In both cases the monitor was here within 2-3 days of getting shipped.
Monolith
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 920 C0 4GHz EVGA X58 3X SLI ATi Radeon 4870x2 6GB (3x2GB G-Skill DDR3-1600 9-9-9-24) 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
120GB Vertex2 1TB WD Black LG GH22NS30 Custom watercooling (dual 6" heatercores, 2xMCW... 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
Yamakasi Catleap Q270 Lenovo L220x Xarmor U9BL-S (custom controller) PCP&C Silencer 750W 
CaseMouseAudio
Lian-li PC-G70 Logitech G700 Asus Xonar DX 
  hide details  
Reply
Monolith
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 920 C0 4GHz EVGA X58 3X SLI ATi Radeon 4870x2 6GB (3x2GB G-Skill DDR3-1600 9-9-9-24) 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
120GB Vertex2 1TB WD Black LG GH22NS30 Custom watercooling (dual 6" heatercores, 2xMCW... 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
Yamakasi Catleap Q270 Lenovo L220x Xarmor U9BL-S (custom controller) PCP&C Silencer 750W 
CaseMouseAudio
Lian-li PC-G70 Logitech G700 Asus Xonar DX 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Monitors and Displays
Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Monitors and Displays › Yamakasi Catleap Monitor Club