Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Monitors and Displays › Yamakasi Catleap Monitor Club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Yamakasi Catleap Monitor Club - Page 314

post #3131 of 11285
Will i be able to overclock to 100Hz with my GTX 580 or do i need a GTX 680?
post #3132 of 11285
Quote:
Originally Posted by siberx View Post

I found with my 2C that pushing the refresh rate above 60 and close to its limit (67Hz or so) would produce an effect similar to image retention where the image would retain ghosts of old data for awhile; The problem seemed to not occur at refresh rates of 65Hz or lower, so I just left mine at 60 (those extra 5Hz are not worth the added judder in 30/60fps video playback). You may want to set yours back to 60, remove the high-refresh profiles and fully power cycle the monitor to clear it.
Tough to say with just a description; can you post a picture?
Quote:
Originally Posted by siberx View Post

I found with my 2C that pushing the refresh rate above 60 and close to its limit (67Hz or so) would produce an effect similar to image retention where the image would retain ghosts of old data for awhile; The problem seemed to not occur at refresh rates of 65Hz or lower, so I just left mine at 60 (those extra 5Hz are not worth the added judder in 30/60fps video playback). You may want to set yours back to 60, remove the high-refresh profiles and fully power cycle the monitor to clear it.
Tough to say with just a description; can you post a picture?

What do you mean by full power cycle?
post #3133 of 11285
Quote:
Originally Posted by KenJit View Post

What do you mean by full power cycle?

I just mean unplug the monitor's power cord, leave it unplugged for a minute or two and plug it back in to clear anything that may be persisting in it.
Monolith
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 920 C0 4GHz EVGA X58 3X SLI ATi Radeon 4870x2 6GB (3x2GB G-Skill DDR3-1600 9-9-9-24) 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
120GB Vertex2 1TB WD Black LG GH22NS30 Custom watercooling (dual 6" heatercores, 2xMCW... 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
Yamakasi Catleap Q270 Lenovo L220x Xarmor U9BL-S (custom controller) PCP&C Silencer 750W 
CaseMouseAudio
Lian-li PC-G70 Logitech G700 Asus Xonar DX 
  hide details  
Reply
Monolith
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 920 C0 4GHz EVGA X58 3X SLI ATi Radeon 4870x2 6GB (3x2GB G-Skill DDR3-1600 9-9-9-24) 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
120GB Vertex2 1TB WD Black LG GH22NS30 Custom watercooling (dual 6" heatercores, 2xMCW... 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
Yamakasi Catleap Q270 Lenovo L220x Xarmor U9BL-S (custom controller) PCP&C Silencer 750W 
CaseMouseAudio
Lian-li PC-G70 Logitech G700 Asus Xonar DX 
  hide details  
Reply
post #3134 of 11285
Quote:
Originally Posted by tobsen26 View Post

Will i be able to overclock to 100Hz with my GTX 580 or do i need a GTX 680?

I have both my 2b's running at 100hz off my 580's. You shouldn't have a problem.
Main Rig
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 3770K Asrock Z77 OC Formula Zotac GTX 680 4gb Sli Dominator Platinum 2400 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
120GB OCZ Agility II SSD, 120 OCZ Solid 3, 256G... Monstra 480, Monstra 240 Windows 7 (64 bit) (2) Catleal Q270 SE at 100hz (2B version) 
PowerCase
Silverstone Strider Gold 1200W Silverstone TJ07 
  hide details  
Reply
Main Rig
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 3770K Asrock Z77 OC Formula Zotac GTX 680 4gb Sli Dominator Platinum 2400 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
120GB OCZ Agility II SSD, 120 OCZ Solid 3, 256G... Monstra 480, Monstra 240 Windows 7 (64 bit) (2) Catleal Q270 SE at 100hz (2B version) 
PowerCase
Silverstone Strider Gold 1200W Silverstone TJ07 
  hide details  
Reply
post #3135 of 11285
Got my Catleap in the mail today! Ordered from bigcoth on Tuesday and got it on east coast today.

Did a fast hook up to my 6950. Works flawlessly. Actually makes my 23" LG IPS monitor look blah. Blows away my Asus TN 24". Feel like breaking my piggy bank more and ordering another at this price.

I will do a dead pixel test after work tonight. Got the monitor 2 hours before my shift started. Though as I knew was going to happen the higher res may lead me to replacing my 6950 with either 680 or 7000's series AMD card.

The stand as said 1000x by now sucks pretty bad though.
post #3136 of 11285
Hi Im new to this bandwagon I also got the Catleap 2D a couple days ago I have no dead pixels or issues others are reporting, i tried the oc guide but it doesn't oc past 67 hz, I'm still pretty happy to see this amazing res at the price. thumb.gif
post #3137 of 11285
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knob View Post

Got my Catleap in the mail today! Ordered from bigcoth on Tuesday and got it on east coast today.
Did a fast hook up to my 6950. Works flawlessly. Actually makes my 23" LG IPS monitor look blah. Blows away my Asus TN 24". Feel like breaking my piggy bank more and ordering another at this price.
I will do a dead pixel test after work tonight. Got the monitor 2 hours before my shift started. Though as I knew was going to happen the higher res may lead me to replacing my 6950 with either 680 or 7000's series AMD card.
The stand as said 1000x by now sucks pretty bad though.

So, is there like a go-to stand that everyone is getting for this monitor, or is everyone just either living with it or making their own stands? Because right now I'm really started to get annoyed by the stand, and my ghetto fix of surrounding all sides of the monitor except for the front with books to keep it from wobbling is getting ridiculous.
post #3138 of 11285
Uninstalled all drivers and custom resolutions, let the monitor sit for another half a day, and voila. so far no issues of image retention. *CROSSES FINGERS*
post #3139 of 11285
Quote:
Originally Posted by KenJit View Post

Uninstalled all drivers and custom resolutions, let the monitor sit for another half a day, and voila. so far no issues of image retention. *CROSSES FINGERS*

That's good thumb.gif

All these horror stories are making me not want to get one of these as much frown.gif I was relying on getting one of the 100hz guaranteed ones but looks like OCN screwed that up.
post #3140 of 11285
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpao View Post

So, is there like a go-to stand that everyone is getting for this monitor, or is everyone just either living with it or making their own stands? Because right now I'm really started to get annoyed by the stand, and my ghetto fix of surrounding all sides of the monitor except for the front with books to keep it from wobbling is getting ridiculous.

Not really.

I went with the overkill (and really awesome) Ergotron MX desk arm. Way overkill. Way awesome monitor arm.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Monitors and Displays
Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Monitors and Displays › Yamakasi Catleap Monitor Club