Originally Posted by brzyski75
@ Samurai - I used dcsamsungmall. I live in Chicago. Ordered last Tuesday at 8pm cst. Received on Friday at noon. No dead pixels. I did however get the non-oc version.
I got my 3M stand today. $40 USD on Amazon
Some dis-assembly notes:
1. Total time was about 30 mins.
2. It would have been ideal to have left the front screen protector that came on the monitor on until I finished the installation. If you can't do this, maybe consider taping something over the screen to avoid scratching it. I did in on my bed but still put a bunch of finger prints on it. No scratches though, but it would be easy to scratch I think.
3. I used a 1 1/2" PLASTIC putty knife
to remove the bezel. It was super easy and zero chance of marring the bezel. If you use a straight edged screw driver, you will likely mar the bezel. Go to a hardware store and get a plastic putty knife. Also, with the putty knife, you don't need to search out each clip. Once you get the first one popped you can slide it all the way around and they will all pop. They are 99 cents. Don't be lazy and assume a screwdriver will be fine.
4. I did not unplug the wired connections inside
. I thought about it for a minute but they look pretty fragile. You can get the stand out easily without unplugging anything. If you go this route, you might need someone to help hold up the panel. Again, I really would advise unplugging the connectors inside. If the connector comes apart (who hasn't had this happen to them before?) you are screwed. There is no need to remove these to remove the stand.
5. Once I had the stand attached, I was surprised at how flimsy the connection to the stand was. I was expecting rock-solid but it is not a great connection. Seems like a plastic back plate. Once I got it on my desk it seems fine though.
3M Mount Specifics:
6. If you are buying the 3M mount, please be aware that it will not display in portrait mode unless the screen is tilted upwards. It won't clear the base.
7. The 3M stand will allow you to lower the Catleap all the way to the base of the stand. I was worried that the minimum height was going to be too high, but it is not. 3/4" probably.
8. The negative tilt adjustment is really bad but it will tilt down slightly. All in all a great stand. Mine ended up being pre-tensioned to the proper weight for the Catleap.
Anyway, whoever is in charge of this club, consider revising the stand removal instructions. Someone is going to break a connector unplugging wires. No need to risk it. Also, the plastic putty knife worked really well.