Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Monitors and Displays › Yamakasi Catleap Monitor Club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Yamakasi Catleap Monitor Club - Page 369

post #3681 of 11298
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScribbyDaGreat View Post

Heya fellas - still waiting on artisan approval and assuming that is NEVER going to happen since it has been over a week.  So I am giving up trying here on OCN.  NO PCB UPDATES OR INFO WILL BE POSTED HERE.  I think you all have the idea of how to find that information from the previous few posts.  Too bad, I used to really like this site!

Chipp is very busy ATM I'm sure he will reply to you when he has a chance, I'm still waiting for a reply to a couple of PMs myself so worry he is not ignoring you. If you are worried he has forgot about fire off another PM.
post #3682 of 11298
I'm thinking about buying a q270 multi to play 360 and PS3. I think q270 multi can display 1080p if connecting to 360/ps3. Anyone who has this unit, could you tell me how is the experience to play 360/ps3 on 270 multi? Thanks in advance!
post #3683 of 11298
Do these monitors display a startup screen when you turn them on?
post #3684 of 11298
is paying $60 more for the perfect pixel worth it? ive read that ~5 dead pixels cant really be noticed anyways.. so to those who already have it, can you guys give me your take?
post #3685 of 11298
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaydubb View Post

is paying $60 more for the perfect pixel worth it? ive read that ~5 dead pixels cant really be noticed anyways.. so to those who already have it, can you guys give me your take?

The screen resolution is so huge I guess you might not even notice. I paid for perfect pixel but at $40 instead of $60 (Seller corrected mistake later). I got perfect pixel after checking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjgrenke View Post

Do these monitors display a startup screen when you turn them on?
Nope. At boot it shows my motherboard bios screen then win 7 loading.
post #3686 of 11298
Quote:
Originally Posted by theshape View Post

Nope. At boot it shows my motherboard bios screen then win 7 loading.

NICE. The "Asus" screen from my monitor is getting annoying tongue.gif
post #3687 of 11298
Quote:
Originally Posted by braveblade View Post

I'm thinking about buying a q270 multi to play 360 and PS3. I think q270 multi can display 1080p if connecting to 360/ps3. Anyone who has this unit, could you tell me how is the experience to play 360/ps3 on 270 multi? Thanks in advance!

Yes it displays at 1080p. I went into the menu on the ps3 to check if it was on 1080p and it detected it automatically. I only treid a few games, outrun and motorstorm apocalypse. I'm not a hard core gamer but it seems fine. My only grip with the hdmi connection is that the colors don't look as vivid as when I am using it on pc mode. Because on pc mode you can set a custom profile but on hdmi mode you are limited to the osd color controls. Not a deal breaker for me since I use it more for pc. Good to have the convenience of an hdmi port. If I get a streaming media box I can just hook that up to it. I noticed enabling DCR in the osd menu helps for movies and games.
post #3688 of 11298
Just got my Catleap today - ordered the cheapest one on ebay for $330, no speakers and presumably without glass.

Just wanted to confirm for anyone who was considering buying this for their macbook air and wasn't sure it would support the montior - it works wonderfully. However you will need to pay way too much for a mini displayport to dual-link dvi adapter. I got mine on monoprice for $70. My macbook air is the 11.6" with i5 cpu and integrated intel hd 3000.

LCD looks great, and I haven't noticed any dead pixels yet. Only thing I've had to do was download the color profiles to get rid of the slight bluish tint. I used this guide for installing the profiles on a mac:
http://www.bartneck.de/2009/09/11/install-an-icc-color-profile-on-mac-os-x/
post #3689 of 11298
No noticeable dead pixels? Coool..im just about rdy to pull the trigger on one of these. Would u say these catleap monitors r good for games? Ill be playing d3 and l4d2 mainly
post #3690 of 11298
Quote:
Originally Posted by theshape View Post

Yes it displays at 1080p. I went into the menu on the ps3 to check if it was on 1080p and it detected it automatically. I only treid a few games, outrun and motorstorm apocalypse. I'm not a hard core gamer but it seems fine. My only grip with the hdmi connection is that the colors don't look as vivid as when I am using it on pc mode. Because on pc mode you can set a custom profile but on hdmi mode you are limited to the osd color controls. Not a deal breaker for me since I use it more for pc. Good to have the convenience of an hdmi port. If I get a streaming media box I can just hook that up to it. I noticed enabling DCR in the osd menu helps for movies and games.

Thanks for the information theshape! Appreciated! You said the color is not as vivid on hdmi than on pc, but it's still better than TN right? I'm currently using benq e2200hd. Just try to make sure the upgrade is worth it.

btw my benq e2200hd is 3 years old but I think it's still one of the best TN I have ever used.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Monitors and Displays
Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Monitors and Displays › Yamakasi Catleap Monitor Club