Originally Posted by donccc
I am trying to connect my Mid-2009 Macbook Pro to my new YAMAKASI CATLEAP Q270 SE 27" LED 2560X1440 WQHD DVI-D Dual Computer Monitor. I am not having a lot of luck. I have taken this as fas as I can, and would love some help.
OS: Mac OS X Lion 10.7.4 (11E53)
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce 9400M 256 MB
Processor: 2.53 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
I am trying to connect it using the:
Apple Mini DisplayPort to Dual-Link DVI Adapter + DVD-D HDMI cable
Here is what is happening.
1. I connect the Mini DisplayPort to Dual-Link DVI Adapter + HDMI Cable to Monitor
2. Main monitor powers up like it is trying to display (it is a solid green)
3. Laptop Monitor displays second part of desktop
4. I can never get the Yamakasi to display a picture
Here is what I have tried:
1. Different HDMI-D cables
2. ATLONA AT-DP400 Dual Link DVI to Mini Display Port Converter - Altona support told me it wouldn't work
3. Zapping the P-Ram
4. Powering monitor with laptop closed
5. Forcing the system to see the second monitor
The nearest I can figure:
- The laptop does see the catsleap (it displays resolutions I can set it to)
I am completely stumped, I was hoping someone could advise me. I have yet to open up the monitor, I was hoping to avoid that.