Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Monitors and Displays › Yamakasi Catleap Monitor Club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Yamakasi Catleap Monitor Club - Page 536

post #5351 of 11285
Got my Catleap today and it's awesome. One problem though. I tried the color profile from the first post and it's much better, less green and evrything. But i've noticed that it is still green-ish at the bottom of the screen. Can i change this somehow? I'm not sure how this would work. Any tipps?
post #5352 of 11285
Quote:
Originally Posted by blattkube View Post

Got my Catleap today and it's awesome. One problem though. I tried the color profile from the first post and it's much better, less green and evrything. But i've noticed that it is still green-ish at the bottom of the screen. Can i change this somehow? I'm not sure how this would work. Any tipps?

That's probably yellow tinting, which you can't really fix. Makes the screen appear splotchy and dirty in affected areas and can vary in intensity from barely noticeable to very noticeable. I've gone through 3 (other) Korean monitors: one does not have it almost at all, and one had it very significantly, with a dirty dark line along the bottom.
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 3770 @ 4.3 GHz ASRock Z77E-ITX GTX 660 Ti + Accelero Mono Plus, 1.875V G.Skill Ripjaws X 16GB at 2133MHz 9-10-11-28-1T... 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Crucial m4 Hitachi TravelStar 2.5" SATA III Intel 330  BitFenix Recon fan controller 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Corsair H100i Scythe Gentle Typhoon AP-14 x 4 (radiator front... Phanteks 140mm fan (exhaust) Fractal Design R2 Silent 140mm fan (bottom intake) 
OSOSOSMonitor
Windows 7 Professional 64-bit Windows 8 Professional 64-bit (trying it out) Linux Mint Achieva ShiMian 27" IPSB (tempered glass) 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell U2412M 24" LZ-GH aluminum/steel TKL keyboard Seasonic G-550 80+ Gold Fractal Design Define R4 
MouseMouse PadOtherOther
Logitech MX518 Monoprice dual-surface aluminum IKEA Dioder light-changing LED strip on the roof Monoprice 10 x 6.25" drawing tablet 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5 2400 3.8GHz turbo boost Gigabyte z68x-ud3h-b3 Sapphire Dual-X 7970 OC Samsung 30nm ULP  
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingCooling
Corsair Force 3 LG DVD-RW Zalman CNPS9900MAX-B Noctua NF-S12B ULN 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
Scythe Gentle Typhoon AP-14 Fractal Design R2 Silent 140mm fan Bitfenix Spectre 200mm fan Windows 7 Professional 64-bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Achieva ShiMian 27" IPSB (tempered glass) Ducky Shine II MX Clears Corsair AX750 BitFenix Survivor in White 
MouseMouse PadOtherOther
Logitech MX518 Ikea circle! NZXT Hue Lamptron FC-9 
  hide details  
Reply
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 3770 @ 4.3 GHz ASRock Z77E-ITX GTX 660 Ti + Accelero Mono Plus, 1.875V G.Skill Ripjaws X 16GB at 2133MHz 9-10-11-28-1T... 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Crucial m4 Hitachi TravelStar 2.5" SATA III Intel 330  BitFenix Recon fan controller 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Corsair H100i Scythe Gentle Typhoon AP-14 x 4 (radiator front... Phanteks 140mm fan (exhaust) Fractal Design R2 Silent 140mm fan (bottom intake) 
OSOSOSMonitor
Windows 7 Professional 64-bit Windows 8 Professional 64-bit (trying it out) Linux Mint Achieva ShiMian 27" IPSB (tempered glass) 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell U2412M 24" LZ-GH aluminum/steel TKL keyboard Seasonic G-550 80+ Gold Fractal Design Define R4 
MouseMouse PadOtherOther
Logitech MX518 Monoprice dual-surface aluminum IKEA Dioder light-changing LED strip on the roof Monoprice 10 x 6.25" drawing tablet 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5 2400 3.8GHz turbo boost Gigabyte z68x-ud3h-b3 Sapphire Dual-X 7970 OC Samsung 30nm ULP  
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingCooling
Corsair Force 3 LG DVD-RW Zalman CNPS9900MAX-B Noctua NF-S12B ULN 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
Scythe Gentle Typhoon AP-14 Fractal Design R2 Silent 140mm fan Bitfenix Spectre 200mm fan Windows 7 Professional 64-bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Achieva ShiMian 27" IPSB (tempered glass) Ducky Shine II MX Clears Corsair AX750 BitFenix Survivor in White 
MouseMouse PadOtherOther
Logitech MX518 Ikea circle! NZXT Hue Lamptron FC-9 
  hide details  
Reply
post #5353 of 11285
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElevenEleven View Post

That's probably yellow tinting, which you can't really fix. Makes the screen appear splotchy and dirty in affected areas and can vary in intensity from barely noticeable to very noticeable. I've gone through 3 (other) Korean monitors: one does not have it almost at all, and one had it very significantly, with a dirty dark line along the bottom.

Okay, so i might have to get used to it. It just looks not a brilliant as the rest. Though i think it's not so bad. Only slightly more green.
post #5354 of 11285
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlashFir View Post

Power brick & monitor run hot.
power brick hard to keep my foot on it for more than 10 seconds. monitor is kinda warm touching the back.
Thoughts?

The highest temp I've seen on mine is 127.7F. They got that hot/new electronic burn-in smell to them which I assume will go away after time.
I did some thermal tests around the monitors. Face of the monitor was putting off 95.6 degress. Top of the monitor (air vents) around 105F.

Rough comparison with my Apple Cinema Displays - 84F around the entire monitor. There is no external power supply.
post #5355 of 11285
Seriously considering buying three of these for surround. I'm doing research as to how I'm going to be able to hook up three monitors to one GTX 670. From what I gather I'll need to occupy both dvi ports and I'll have to buy an active display port adapter to populate the DP port on the card correct?
The Traitor
(12 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5 3570K Z77A-GD65 (MS-7751) Gigabyte GeForce GTX 670 Samsung 8GB Low Voltage 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingOS
Patriot Pyro SE 120GB SSD Raystorm XSPC EX240 Windows 7 Home X64 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
OCZ ZX 850W Fractal Design Arc Midi Coolermaster Spawn Steelseries Siberia V2 Headset 
  hide details  
Reply
The Traitor
(12 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5 3570K Z77A-GD65 (MS-7751) Gigabyte GeForce GTX 670 Samsung 8GB Low Voltage 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingOS
Patriot Pyro SE 120GB SSD Raystorm XSPC EX240 Windows 7 Home X64 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
OCZ ZX 850W Fractal Design Arc Midi Coolermaster Spawn Steelseries Siberia V2 Headset 
  hide details  
Reply
post #5356 of 11285
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skrumzy View Post

Seriously considering buying three of these for surround. I'm doing research as to how I'm going to be able to hook up three monitors to one GTX 670. From what I gather I'll need to occupy both dvi ports and I'll have to buy an active display port adapter to populate the DP port on the card correct?

your gonna prob want a 2nd 670 at that res anyways for fps reasons at that res, so 3 dvi ports.
post #5357 of 11285
Just removed my stand and got it mounted on the desk mount. Its much more stable. Taking it apart to remove the back isn't for the faint of heart! Oh yea, don't use goo-be-gone on the bezel unless you want a matte finish! smile.gif I learned that the hard way, I know i'm a dumb arse. I'm extremely happy with this purchase, the picture is pretty awesome. Color still need tweaking. Whites seem a little blue to me.

Not the greatest pic from my iphone450
post #5358 of 11285

^- At least you didn't use the goo-be-gone on your screen. ;)

 

Finally picked up my new Catleap from the DHL hub yesterday. The delays in receiving were definitely no fault to Green-Sum who shipped it quickly. My original delivery attempt was fast, about 3 days after ordering, meaning I could have had it last Thursday. Unfortunately, it was shipping to my home address and I didn't want it left on my front porch all day while I was at work. So, I arranged a pickup at DHL for the Tuesday, as I couldn't call DHL to tell them to hold it until it was already on the truck Friday morning. Anyway, my fuel pump went out on my car Tuesday on the way to DHL. Car has been in the shop for a couple days getting that fixed... Picked up car, then straight to DHL yesterday. Finally!

 

Unboxed and setup last night, only to have my SSD decide that it would pick last night to die as well. Hmmm... Signs?  Anyway, couple hours later, system back up and running, and monitor looks good. Received the 190-240v power supply, but it seems to be working fine. Get's hot when in use, but nothing crazy. Probably going to pickup a replacement locally for about $30 to see if that runs a bit cooler. 

 

Will run it through all the test this weekend, calibrate it with my old Spyder, and take some photos so I can join the club. No visible flaws at this point.

 

Details: Purchased from Green-Sum. Looks to be drop shipped directly from factory, all seals on box intact. Purchased cheap SE model. Looks to be about average light bleeding from lower left and right corners, but not too bad at first glance. I plan on doing some photo proofing after calibration this weekend, so that'll be the test. I'm coming from some old HP IPS monitors (HP 2335, 2065, etc), so it'll be interesting to see how I like it after adjustment. So far, the added brightness over my old panels is very noticeable, and welcome. Can't wait to run it through it's paces...

oG's Rig
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-2600k 4.9ghz ASUS Maxiums IV Gene-Z 5970 + 5870 CrossfireX 16gb G.Skill 1600 C8 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
OCZ Agility 3 120gb + 3.5tb of 'others' Sony DVD R/W Corsair h100 Win7 64bit 
MonitorPowerCaseAudio
HP 2335 + 2 HP2065 Antec EA-750 Corsair 800d Old Onkyo 5.1 THX setup 
  hide details  
Reply
oG's Rig
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-2600k 4.9ghz ASUS Maxiums IV Gene-Z 5970 + 5870 CrossfireX 16gb G.Skill 1600 C8 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
OCZ Agility 3 120gb + 3.5tb of 'others' Sony DVD R/W Corsair h100 Win7 64bit 
MonitorPowerCaseAudio
HP 2335 + 2 HP2065 Antec EA-750 Corsair 800d Old Onkyo 5.1 THX setup 
  hide details  
Reply
post #5359 of 11285
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsmoother2012 View Post

That is scary as I expect a Shimian any day now and I'll be using a MSI 6870. Several people are getting it to work with a 6870 however. Keep us updated.
green-sum clarified that he was confused and that my HD6870 is compatible.
As far as I have seen here and on other forums, the only important thing for the graphic card is to have a dual link dvi (both dvi-i and dvi-d) port.
I have tested it also on 4870, 8800gt and my old 4850, even if are not listed as compatible I have read of many that successfully run them with the catleap.
I have also made a video showing my tests here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYf5wYUJdCY

green-sum told me that:
"By the manufacturer's inspection, if it comes out monitor problem, DOA or other defect, we'll replace new one or refund.
But if the monitor does not have any problem, (there are lots of other situations) by the eBay policy the return and re-sending charges are buyer's duty."

I have tried with a compatible card and a brand new dual link dvi calbe, I don't think I can be blamed of wrong configuration so this must be a DOA case.

What do you think, is there anything more I can try having watched my experiments? (I already tried to re-install the drivers)

Thank you all!
post #5360 of 11285
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gainder View Post

green-sum clarified that he was confused and that my HD6870 is compatible.
As far as I have seen here and on other forums, the only important thing for the graphic card is to have a dual link dvi (both dvi-i and dvi-d) port.
I have tested it also on 4870, 8800gt and my old 4850, even if are not listed as compatible I have read of many that successfully run them with the catleap.
I have also made a video showing my tests here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYf5wYUJdCY
green-sum told me that:
"By the manufacturer's inspection, if it comes out monitor problem, DOA or other defect, we'll replace new one or refund.
But if the monitor does not have any problem, (there are lots of other situations) by the eBay policy the return and re-sending charges are buyer's duty."
I have tried with a compatible card and a brand new dual link dvi calbe, I don't think I can be blamed of wrong configuration so this must be a DOA case.
What do you think, is there anything more I can try having watched my experiments? (I already tried to re-install the drivers)
Thank you all!

You can pretty much ignore the list of compatible cards. Just check if the card you have/want has dual link dvi ports on it. Usually abbreviated as DL-DVI.

Edit: So unless you feel like taking it apart and looking at the connections, it's DOA.
Edited by eternal7trance - 6/29/12 at 9:23am
An Angry Robot
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
3570k Asus P8Z77-V Pro Asus Strix 1070 G Skill Trident 2400mhz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 500gb SSD x 1tb HDD Samsung External Corsair H100i Windows 10 64bit 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
Catleap Q270 Acer Coolermaster Quickfire Rapid (reds) Corsair 750HX 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Corsair 540 Logitech G600 XFX Warpad Asus Xonar Essence STX 
  hide details  
Reply
An Angry Robot
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
3570k Asus P8Z77-V Pro Asus Strix 1070 G Skill Trident 2400mhz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 500gb SSD x 1tb HDD Samsung External Corsair H100i Windows 10 64bit 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
Catleap Q270 Acer Coolermaster Quickfire Rapid (reds) Corsair 750HX 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Corsair 540 Logitech G600 XFX Warpad Asus Xonar Essence STX 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Monitors and Displays
Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Monitors and Displays › Yamakasi Catleap Monitor Club