Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Monitors and Displays › Yamakasi Catleap Monitor Club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Yamakasi Catleap Monitor Club - Page 603

post #6021 of 11311
Quote:
Originally Posted by londonfire93 View Post

So my second monitor arrived from initial overlook no dead or stuck pixels but the only thing I noticed is that one is brighter than the other or has different color saturation us there any way to fix or adjust this.

You'll probably have to calibrate the other monitor so it looks like your other one.
post #6022 of 11311
Quote:
Originally Posted by Admiral Mudkipz View Post

You'll probably have to calibrate the other monitor so it looks like your other one.

thanks for the reply do you think it might have anything to do with the dvi cables because im using one that came with the monitor and another from my old Samsung syncmaster, the reason why i think this is because there is a noticeable quality difference between the two cables.450
post #6023 of 11311
Quote:
Originally Posted by londonfire93 View Post

thanks for the reply do you think it might have anything to do with the dvi cables because im using one that came with the monitor and another from my old Samsung syncmaster, the reason why i think this is because there is a noticeable quality difference between the two cables.]

That is a pretty stark difference.

I wouldn't know though, but that's definitely a possibility.
post #6024 of 11311
Quote:
Originally Posted by millicent View Post

I've been a Catleap SE (DVI only) owner for about a week now. One of things that sold me was the claim that it had low to virtually no input lag. I did a fair amount of reading online before i bought the monitor and there are plenty of posts in this thread and others that explain why this monitor has low lag. Well I tried some shooters in the past week and it just didnt feel right so i ran some tests with my limited equipment. I setup the Catleap against another panel that i had in the house and this is what i got:
450
The Catleap was transitioning from 100-130ms while the Dell ST2410 (5ms response) was already at 130-150ms. Correct me if im wrong but this means that the Catleap is slower than the ST2410, which is already pretty laggy with an OSD, scaler and multiple inputs like HDMI/RGB. I'm not sure if this is due to the fact that there are just more pixels to process on the panel itself? Or maybe the quality of the electronics? I wish i had a DSLR camera with a fast shutter so i could capture this better. Im assuming you need a tube monitor + DSLR to measure the actual lag in ms.. if any of the owners here happen to have this equipment i urge you to please run a proper test so we can put the numbers up against similar monitors like the Crossover, Shimian or Apple Cinema.

I have one up against Apple Cinema in the review.

Quote:
Originally Posted by londonfire93 View Post

thanks for the reply do you think it might have anything to do with the dvi cables because im using one that came with the monitor and another from my old Samsung syncmaster, the reason why i think this is because there is a noticeable quality difference between the two cables.450

Did you try to swap the cable to see?
post #6025 of 11311
Got my Catleap SE just a few days ago. Shipping from ebay seller Greensum was pretty fast- only about 3 business days. The monitor itself is gorgeous- no dead pixels, no uneven backlighting, and the "wobbly stand" I saw complaints about everywhere was not as bad as it was made out to be. Put up against my 23.6" Acer 120hz monitor, it's massive. I plan on buying two more in the near future to make a solid three Catleaps on my desk. After finally owning one, I can enthusiastically recommend them to anyone looking for an excellent but cheap high res IPS.
post #6026 of 11311
Quote:
Originally Posted by epsilon748 View Post

Got my Catleap SE just a few days ago. Shipping from ebay seller Greensum was pretty fast- only about 3 business days. The monitor itself is gorgeous- no dead pixels, no uneven backlighting, and the "wobbly stand" I saw complaints about everywhere was not as bad as it was made out to be. Put up against my 23.6" Acer 120hz monitor, it's massive. I plan on buying two more in the near future to make a solid three Catleaps on my desk. After finally owning one, I can enthusiastically recommend them to anyone looking for an excellent but cheap high res IPS.
How would you compare the Catleap in gaming to the Acer. I have the 120hz Catleap 2B coming and I want to be sure I made the right choice.
How do the blacks in games compare and the response time?
post #6027 of 11311
Quote:
Originally Posted by djriful View Post

I have one up against Apple Cinema in the review.
Did you try to swap the cable to see?
I haven't tried swapping the cable out yet ill try when I get off work and I'll let you know how that goes.
post #6028 of 11311
Quote:
Originally Posted by NateZ28 View Post

How would you compare the Catleap in gaming to the Acer. I have the 120hz Catleap 2B coming and I want to be sure I made the right choice.
How do the blacks in games compare and the response time?

I only bought the 120hz Acer (GD235HZ) for gaming with my 3D Vision setup. The blacks are deeper and the contrast/color reproduction on the Catleap is much better, since it's an IPS panel. I don't notice any more ghosting or lag on the Catleap than I do on the old monitor, so I'd say it's perfectly adequate. The extra screen real estate was more important to me for normal use. Don't count on the overclockable Catleap even comparing to a real 120hz in an apples to apples shootout though (when talking strictly refresh rates).
post #6029 of 11311
So just to clarify. Its the same panel in both Q270 and the 2703? And no other difference except that the 2703 got another casing?
post #6030 of 11311
Quote:
Originally Posted by epsilon748 View Post

...Don't count on the overclockable Catleap even comparing to a real 120hz in an apples to apples shootout though (when talking strictly refresh rates).
What makes you say that sir? Is it the difference in technologies (S-IPS vs TN)?
Because my friend has your Acer 120hz monitor and I love it for the 120hz. I was hoping the 120hz Catleap would be better in every way.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Monitors and Displays
Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Monitors and Displays › Yamakasi Catleap Monitor Club