Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Monitors and Displays › Yamakasi Catleap Monitor Club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Yamakasi Catleap Monitor Club - Page 744

post #7431 of 11286

Just got my monitor now.

 

Bought it from greensum

 

No dead pixels or stuck pixels

 

NO backlight bleeding so far as far as I can see

 

The stand is excellent. It doesnt tilt or anything.Maybe it is due to my desk being sturdy. The stand does move a bit when you move it but it is nothing to worry about at all

 

No physical damage or scratches

 

I honestly got myself a Apple Thunderbolt quality screen.

 

I hope it goes on like this.

post #7432 of 11286
Hi guys, I'm something of a layman on anything deeper than a simple gaming pc build so I'm hoping someone can help me here.

I just ordered a Catleap with the intention to use for my 15" Macbook Pro (2010), only to find to my horror after buying it that there may not be any great way to achieve this. I'm having a hard time finding someone the in same exact position posting results. I'm told the signal required would need the Dual Link DVI cable but I equally hear people reporting countless problems with said cable, and further, that my MBP might not even be able to supply the required GPU power to use the screen.

Desperately looking for answers, please help.

MBP Specs:

2.4 GHz Dual Core i5
8GB RAM
OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion
GPU: NVIDIA GT 330M 256MB
Edited by loocas - 8/8/12 at 3:52am
post #7433 of 11286
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaengence View Post

I have just purchased one from bigclothcraft which was received quite quickly and as far as I can tell has no dead pixels and looks brilliant - for about 2 minutes before it fades to black. Turning it off and on again will bring the picture back up and it will last anywhere from 3 seconds (the shortest time) to about 3 minutes at longest and it will just fade to black again.
I have seen a couple of posts have that issue and as far as I can tell people seem to think it is an issue with the power brick, but I have no clue myself. Have sent a message to BCC yesterday and awaiting a response.

When the display fades to black, is the green (or blue) power LED still on, or is it flashing? If it's still on, that might indicate a problem with the DVI cable...that's a problem that I had a while back. A new DVI cable from Monoprice solved the issue.
Quote:
Originally Posted by loocas View Post

Hi guys, I'm something of a layman on anything deeper than a simple gaming pc build so I'm hoping someone can help me here.
I just ordered a Catleap with the intention to use for my 15" Macbook Pro (2010), only to find to my horror after buying it that there may not be any great way to achieve this. I'm having a hard time finding someone the in same exact position posting results. I'm told the signal required would need the Dual Link DVI cable but I equally hear people reporting countless problems with said cable, and further, that my MBP might not even be able to supply the required GPU power to use the screen.
Desperately looking for answers, please help.
MBP Specs:
2.4 GHz Dual Core i5
8GB RAM
OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion
GPU: NVIDIA GT 330M 256MB

Is that a laptop? If so, there's a high chance that it won't be able to support the Catleap monitor, unless you bought the multi-port variant.
Edited by Admiral Mudkipz - 8/8/12 at 3:51am
post #7434 of 11286
Quote:
Originally Posted by Admiral Mudkipz View Post

When the display fades to black, is the green (or blue) power LED still on, or is it flashing? If it's still on, that might indicate a problem with the DVI cable...that's a problem that I had a while back. A new DVI cable from Monoprice solved the issue.
Is that a laptop? If so, there's a high chance that it won't be able to support the Catleap monitor, unless you bought the multi-port variant.

That's what I feared. I'm a total dunce when it comes to display ports, what does the multi-port have and where should I look out for it on the buyer page? I purchased this one here.

I feel like I should be apologising for tarnishing these pages with such luddite questions tongue.gif

EDIT:

Ok, I feel more ignorant than usual now, but I think I've worked it out. Some users using 2009 MBPs with the Dual-Link DVI adapter seem to have it working. I'll report back once I get the equipment.
Edited by loocas - 8/8/12 at 4:14am
post #7435 of 11286

Amazing monitor. It really is amazing.

 

Here are few pics.

 

700

 

 

700

 

 

700

 

 

700

 

 

700

 

 

700

post #7436 of 11286
Quote:
Originally Posted by iARDAs View Post

Amazing monitor. It really is amazing.

Looks like the HDMI version gets a .5 faster refresh rate biggrin.gif

post #7437 of 11286
Quote:
Originally Posted by iARDAs View Post

Just got my monitor now.

Bought it from greensum

No dead pixels or stuck pixels

NO backlight bleeding so far as far as I can see

The stand is excellent. It doesnt tilt or anything.Maybe it is due to my desk being sturdy. The stand does move a bit when you move it but it is nothing to worry about at all

No physical damage or scratches

I honestly got myself a Apple Thunderbolt quality screen.

I hope it goes on like this.

It was about time!..ten days to ship
post #7438 of 11286
Quote:
Originally Posted by weaveR View Post


Looks like the HDMI version gets a .5 faster refresh rate biggrin.gif
1000

 

Youuu bastardosssss biggrin.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by ziofranco View Post


It was about time!..ten days to ship

 

Actually 4 days to ship to Turkey and 3 days in Customs 1 day to come to my house and 2 days of weekend.

 

Turkish Customs are slow.

 

Well worth the wait though.

post #7439 of 11286

Does anyone know if I take an SS in steam would it be 1440p or 1080p?

post #7440 of 11286
Quote:
When the display fades to black, is the green (or blue) power LED still on, or is it flashing? If it's still on, that might indicate a problem with the DVI cable...that's a problem that I had a while back. A new DVI cable from Monoprice solved the issue.

It could be however my older monitor has the same Dual DVI port so in order to make sure I kept the same power cableand DVI cable and have been using it with my older monitor with no issues so far. Incidentally the green light does stay solid on.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Monitors and Displays
Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Monitors and Displays › Yamakasi Catleap Monitor Club