Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Monitors and Displays › Yamakasi Catleap Monitor Club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Yamakasi Catleap Monitor Club - Page 854

post #8531 of 11285
Trying to decide between one of these monitors, or a 23-24" 120hZ monitor. All I do is game.

I can get a cat leap locally and see it firsthand. No dead pixels or back light issues...


Thoughts?
post #8532 of 11285
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek1387 View Post

Trying to decide between one of these monitors, or a 23-24" 120hZ monitor. All I do is game.
I can get a cat leap locally and see it firsthand. No dead pixels or back light issues...
Thoughts?

It's up to you really. For a 120hz monitor you need a good set of cards that can push 120fps or near it. The catleap looks nice no matter what.
An Angry Robot
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
3570k Asus P8Z77-V Pro Asus Strix 1070 G Skill Trident 2400mhz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 500gb SSD x 1tb HDD Samsung External Corsair H100i Windows 10 64bit 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
Catleap Q270 Acer Coolermaster Quickfire Rapid (reds) Corsair 750HX 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Corsair 540 Logitech G600 XFX Warpad Asus Xonar Essence STX 
  hide details  
Reply
An Angry Robot
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
3570k Asus P8Z77-V Pro Asus Strix 1070 G Skill Trident 2400mhz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 500gb SSD x 1tb HDD Samsung External Corsair H100i Windows 10 64bit 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
Catleap Q270 Acer Coolermaster Quickfire Rapid (reds) Corsair 750HX 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Corsair 540 Logitech G600 XFX Warpad Asus Xonar Essence STX 
  hide details  
Reply
post #8533 of 11285
Quote:
Originally Posted by eternal7trance View Post

It's up to you really. For a 120hz monitor you need a good set of cards that can push 120fps or near it. The catleap looks nice no matter what.

I plan on getting a 2nd 670 sometime, just no need for it at the time being.

I am leaning towards the catleap... especially cuz its local, and i know it has no dead pixels....
post #8534 of 11285
I just got mine - it appears to be flawless, no dead pixels I can see, no hum. I'm actually now at a loss. I currently run three 24" 1920x1200 monitors, and I really want to grab two more catleaps, but as they only have one input, that'll be a massive pain to swap across from my main PC to gaming PC. It'd probably also mean getting a new GFX card for my main PC, and an adaptor to do DP->DVI at the needed resolution.

Got to admit, I'm still tempted.
Shinobu
(16 items)
 
Nodoka
(16 items)
 
Index
(4 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5-3570K Asus P8Z77-I Deluxe HD6450 Flex Crucial 16GB (2x 8GB) Ballistix Elite 
Hard DriveHard DriveOSMonitor
Samsung SSD 840 EVO 250GB TOSHIBA DT01ACA300 Arch Linux Dell UltraSharp U2713HM 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
Dell U2410 Dell 2407WFP Cherry - Cherry Blue Switches (Unlabeled keys) Seasonic X-650 
CaseMouseAudioAudio
BitFenix Prodigy Black Logitech M570 Trackball Sennheiser HD595 Creative GigaWorks T20 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5 3570K Zotac Z77-ITX WiFi EVGA 680 GTX Samsung 
Hard DriveHard DriveOSMonitor
Samsung 256GB 830 Samsung SpinPoint HD501LJ Windows 7 Dell U2410 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardCase
Dell 2407WFP Dell E248WFP Cherry Black (MX Blue Switches, Blank Keys) Silverstone Sugi SG08B 
MouseAudioAudio
Logitech Trackman Logitech Z-5500 Sennheiser HD595s 
CPUMotherboardRAMHard Drive
AMD Athlon II X2 240e Asus M5A78L-M/USB3 Crucial 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 1600Mhz Ballistix Sport 1.5TB Hard Drives 
  hide details  
Reply
Shinobu
(16 items)
 
Nodoka
(16 items)
 
Index
(4 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5-3570K Asus P8Z77-I Deluxe HD6450 Flex Crucial 16GB (2x 8GB) Ballistix Elite 
Hard DriveHard DriveOSMonitor
Samsung SSD 840 EVO 250GB TOSHIBA DT01ACA300 Arch Linux Dell UltraSharp U2713HM 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
Dell U2410 Dell 2407WFP Cherry - Cherry Blue Switches (Unlabeled keys) Seasonic X-650 
CaseMouseAudioAudio
BitFenix Prodigy Black Logitech M570 Trackball Sennheiser HD595 Creative GigaWorks T20 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5 3570K Zotac Z77-ITX WiFi EVGA 680 GTX Samsung 
Hard DriveHard DriveOSMonitor
Samsung 256GB 830 Samsung SpinPoint HD501LJ Windows 7 Dell U2410 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardCase
Dell 2407WFP Dell E248WFP Cherry Black (MX Blue Switches, Blank Keys) Silverstone Sugi SG08B 
MouseAudioAudio
Logitech Trackman Logitech Z-5500 Sennheiser HD595s 
CPUMotherboardRAMHard Drive
AMD Athlon II X2 240e Asus M5A78L-M/USB3 Crucial 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 1600Mhz Ballistix Sport 1.5TB Hard Drives 
  hide details  
Reply
post #8535 of 11285
Ordered mine on Sunday here: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ACHIEVA-Shimian-QH270-LITE-27-LG-S-IPS-LED-2560x1440-QHD-DVI-16-9-6ms-Monitor-/120911803193?pt=Computer_Monitors&hash=item1c26e7b339#ht_15000wt_1159
Its been dispatched today and estimated time of arrival Friday (im in the UK) Cant wait just hope its in good condition smile.gif
post #8536 of 11285
Does anyone know where to get replacement parts this this q270 monitor. Monitor was purchased 7/28/2012 a from greensum, they don't want to do anything and I have no recourse of getting my money back so now, I guess I need to fix it, somehow. And yes, the power supply works fine. Any info on parts or what goes bad would be greatly appreciated..
post #8537 of 11285
It's been about 2.5 months since I've bought my monitor that it is finally showing problems, namely the issue of fading to black. The monitor works fine for a couple seconds and then the display becomes lost and then the entire thing just gradually fades to black. However, the backlight is still on and the blue light on the bottom right hand corner is still on, which indicates that the monitor is still on.

I've tried a new DVI cable to no avail (the one I was previously using is a 24 AWG DVI-D cable from Monoprice). I've ordered a new power brick from eBay, in hopes that that will fix the problem. I will keep you guys updated. In addition to this, I've also tried turning the monitor on/off, replugging in the power supply, pulling the DVI cable in/out, cold rebooting the computer, and plugging the DVI cable into another DVI port. The monitor will turn on and then fade back to black again.

If the new power supply doesn't work, I will be very disappointed about the fact that after 2.5 months of working fine, the monitor decides to die on me. I purchased no warranty because I didn't think I would need it, but now, I wish I did.
post #8538 of 11285
That sucks Admiral, but thank you for posting this and I hope to see what you find. I bought the warranty despite the aprox 85-90% success rate people have had. To me, it was a lot of money to be gambling with, but worth the risk for the display. I'm sure there are very few of us that can afford the Dell or Apple displays. Good luck, hope that fixes it.
Recycled Aluminum
(15 items)
 
The Bug
(15 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 3570K AsRock Z77-ITXe GTX670 SC Samsung Model MV-3V4G3D/US 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingCooling
Intell ssd 530 Xbox 360 HD DVD external XSPC Raystorm xspc raystorm 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 8 Pro Yamakasi Catleap 2703 Cooler Master Quickfire Pro Corsair AX650 
CaseMouseAudio
Lian Li T1R Logitech G9 Turtle Beach 5.1 
  hide details  
Reply
Recycled Aluminum
(15 items)
 
The Bug
(15 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 3570K AsRock Z77-ITXe GTX670 SC Samsung Model MV-3V4G3D/US 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingCooling
Intell ssd 530 Xbox 360 HD DVD external XSPC Raystorm xspc raystorm 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 8 Pro Yamakasi Catleap 2703 Cooler Master Quickfire Pro Corsair AX650 
CaseMouseAudio
Lian Li T1R Logitech G9 Turtle Beach 5.1 
  hide details  
Reply
post #8539 of 11285
Quote:
Originally Posted by Admiral Mudkipz View Post

It's been about 2.5 months since I've bought my monitor that it is finally showing problems, namely the issue of fading to black. The monitor works fine for a couple seconds and then the display becomes lost and then the entire thing just gradually fades to black. However, the backlight is still on and the blue light on the bottom right hand corner is still on, which indicates that the monitor is still on.
I've tried a new DVI cable to no avail (the one I was previously using is a 24 AWG DVI-D cable from Monoprice). I've ordered a new power brick from eBay, in hopes that that will fix the problem. I will keep you guys updated. In addition to this, I've also tried turning the monitor on/off, replugging in the power supply, pulling the DVI cable in/out, cold rebooting the computer, and plugging the DVI cable into another DVI port. The monitor will turn on and then fade back to black again.
If the new power supply doesn't work, I will be very disappointed about the fact that after 2.5 months of working fine, the monitor decides to die on me. I purchased no warranty because I didn't think I would need it, but now, I wish I did.

I had an issue with my catleap where the display only showed the lit up blank background too. If you can't get it working, try opening it up and check the loose connections. My particular problem was fixed when I wiggled the top board back in. It's just taped to the monitor but there's 2 connectors holding it in to the top of the monitor. I had to put it out and move it back in.

If only you lived just a little closer I'd do it myself lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by assassinafro View Post

Ordered mine on Sunday here: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ACHIEVA-Shimian-QH270-LITE-27-LG-S-IPS-LED-2560x1440-QHD-DVI-16-9-6ms-Monitor-/120911803193?pt=Computer_Monitors&hash=item1c26e7b339#ht_15000wt_1159
Its been dispatched today and estimated time of arrival Friday (im in the UK) Cant wait just hope its in good condition smile.gif

Wrong thread, this is the Catleap thread.
An Angry Robot
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
3570k Asus P8Z77-V Pro Asus Strix 1070 G Skill Trident 2400mhz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 500gb SSD x 1tb HDD Samsung External Corsair H100i Windows 10 64bit 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
Catleap Q270 Acer Coolermaster Quickfire Rapid (reds) Corsair 750HX 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Corsair 540 Logitech G600 XFX Warpad Asus Xonar Essence STX 
  hide details  
Reply
An Angry Robot
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
3570k Asus P8Z77-V Pro Asus Strix 1070 G Skill Trident 2400mhz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 500gb SSD x 1tb HDD Samsung External Corsair H100i Windows 10 64bit 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
Catleap Q270 Acer Coolermaster Quickfire Rapid (reds) Corsair 750HX 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Corsair 540 Logitech G600 XFX Warpad Asus Xonar Essence STX 
  hide details  
Reply
post #8540 of 11285
Same panel, same innards, more or less same monitor rebadged isn't it?
Project Taco
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i7 4770k Z87 G1 Sniper 5 EVGA 780 TI Classified EVGA 780 TI Classified 
RAMHard DriveCoolingCooling
Avexir Core Series 4x4GB White Samsung 840 EVO Corsair H100i Noiseblocker eLoops 
OSMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Windows 8.1 QNIX QX2710 QNIX QX2710 KBT Pure MX Whites 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
EVGA Supernova 1000W Gold NZXT H440 Func MS-3 O2/ODAC 
Audio
MrSpeakers Mad Dogs (Fostex T50RP Mod) 
  hide details  
Reply
Project Taco
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i7 4770k Z87 G1 Sniper 5 EVGA 780 TI Classified EVGA 780 TI Classified 
RAMHard DriveCoolingCooling
Avexir Core Series 4x4GB White Samsung 840 EVO Corsair H100i Noiseblocker eLoops 
OSMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Windows 8.1 QNIX QX2710 QNIX QX2710 KBT Pure MX Whites 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
EVGA Supernova 1000W Gold NZXT H440 Func MS-3 O2/ODAC 
Audio
MrSpeakers Mad Dogs (Fostex T50RP Mod) 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Monitors and Displays
Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Monitors and Displays › Yamakasi Catleap Monitor Club