Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Monitors and Displays › Yamakasi Catleap Monitor Club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Yamakasi Catleap Monitor Club - Page 913

post #9121 of 11297
Green-Sum has increased his prices almost doubling them this week alone. I bought two catleaps for $329 then asked for an upgrade to pixel perfect which was listed at the time at $90 more. He invoiced me me for $180 for upgrade on both monitors and now says that was just for one upgrade. The Auction I bought for $329 is now listed at $529. and he wants another $180 again.

I smell a scam, buyer beware!
post #9122 of 11297
I'm confused now.

I decided to buy one 27´´ Korean monitor.

I have PS3 at home, but I heard that with multiple inputs is bigger lag. I think I can buy some DVI - HDMI cable so I can buy cheaper monitor w/o lag, right?

Now I don't know which monitor to choose.
If I buy Catleap I can have more Hz with my nVidia card, right? No other Korean monitor can do it I think.

I was searching between Shimian, Crossover, Yamakasi.
I want to play racing simulators so more Hz would be fine. I want good stand also.

I red on some forum that Its better to inform about seller. Some seller can pay the shipment when you want to send monitor back. But he is selling another monitors like: iRun, LG, Catleap (bigclothcraft). LG looks also fine...

Now I really don't know what to choose.
I hope you will help me, please.

Thanks for every advice...
post #9123 of 11297
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klouczech View Post

I'm confused now.
I decided to buy one 27´´ Korean monitor.
I have PS3 at home, but I heard that with multiple inputs is bigger lag. I think I can buy some DVI - HDMI cable so I can buy cheaper monitor w/o lag, right?
Now I don't know which monitor to choose.
If I buy Catleap I can have more Hz with my nVidia card, right? No other Korean monitor can do it I think.
I was searching between Shimian, Crossover, Yamakasi.
I want to play racing simulators so more Hz would be fine. I want good stand also.
I red on some forum that Its better to inform about seller. Some seller can pay the shipment when you want to send monitor back. But he is selling another monitors like: iRun, LG, Catleap (bigclothcraft). LG looks also fine...
Now I really don't know what to choose.
I hope you will help me, please.
Thanks for every advice...
Using a PS3 on a korean monitor is, in general, a bad idea. You do not get any benefits out of using it as a display for your console. You will not be able to use the monitor properly using a cheap DVI-HDMI cable. If you do want to use a Korean monitor with a PS3, make sure you get one with HDMI! Getting a single-input is asking for lots of trouble getting stuff working properly with your PS3.

If you buy a Catleap, you'll need to buy a "2B" version to overclock - none are readily available and all are quite expensive ($500-$650). Suffice to say, no current ebay model of the korean monitors can get >66hz. Sellers who claim so now are lying or misinformed, or they just happen to have one of the original overclockable monitors. Assume that nothing on ebay can get >66hz.

Basically, buy a korean monitor for your computer. Do not buy one as a TV, it is not meant for it and it does not work well as a TV even though passable.
post #9124 of 11297
Not a scam, but simply supply and demand. Paid under 400 for mine, but would easily drop more if I had to. No regrets.
post #9125 of 11297
My Catleap Q270 SEI just arrived,first few observations:

The stand sucks I have a rock solid desk,very heavy, was an expensive yoke and i can see the monitor wobbling slightly as i type or click on one of the brightness buttons etc on the monitor itself.

I definitely have 2 dead pixels,one is absolutely tiny the other could be two together as its a tiny bit bigger, both are near the center of the screen
But its only noticeable when displaying either very bright or very dark.
They are so small i doubt ill notice after a while,just a shame they are in the center area,but they really are tiny,when i showed the wife she said im too fussy lol.

Now on to the positives, WOW just WOW! Everything is just so crystal clear, from text to gaming just amazing.
Im able to run BF3 multiplayer @ Ultra and not drop below 55fps @ 2560X1440 with my card.
Granted its not locked at 60+ fps with ultra settings but it looks so incredibly sharp who gives a damn tbh.
Just for the lols i dropped down to low settings with no AA in BF3 and everything was just so crisp and clear @ this res it looked better than Ultra with 8XAA @ 1920X1200
Im telling ya guys, high resolution beats everything else after experiencing this.
Im keen to try far cry 3,Planetside2, etc as BF3 was the first game i tried.
So far so good, if this thing proves reliable ill be more than happy with my purchase.

Finally i did notice some very slight input lag compared to my Dell U2412M IPS but after 10 mins i was fragging with the best of them.
Here again ill take this resolution above anything else from now on

Just a quick photo taken with my phone.



post #9126 of 11297
12 months to go.
A computer
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-3770K GIGABYTE Z68XP-UD3 Gigabyte GTX780ti 4x4GB Kingston Fury 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Western Digital Green OCZ Vertex 4 - 128 GB Don't have Hyper 212+ EVO 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Win 10 Dell U2713HM Steelseries 6GV2 Corsair 650W 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Corsair 300R Logitech G502 SS Qck Cheap 5.1 speakers/HD 558 
  hide details  
Reply
A computer
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-3770K GIGABYTE Z68XP-UD3 Gigabyte GTX780ti 4x4GB Kingston Fury 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Western Digital Green OCZ Vertex 4 - 128 GB Don't have Hyper 212+ EVO 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Win 10 Dell U2713HM Steelseries 6GV2 Corsair 650W 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Corsair 300R Logitech G502 SS Qck Cheap 5.1 speakers/HD 558 
  hide details  
Reply
post #9127 of 11297
Quote:
Originally Posted by Layo View Post

12 months to go.
You seem want these monitors to fail, and seem to take some sort of weird pleasure in telling people precisely that. Why?
post #9128 of 11297
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinsbane View Post

You seem want these monitors to fail, and seem to take some sort of weird pleasure in telling people precisely that. Why?
I just don't like some random companies taking faulty panels and making their own crappy monitos. Even their ToS says they are faulty. I also hate how they threat their customers...
A computer
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-3770K GIGABYTE Z68XP-UD3 Gigabyte GTX780ti 4x4GB Kingston Fury 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Western Digital Green OCZ Vertex 4 - 128 GB Don't have Hyper 212+ EVO 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Win 10 Dell U2713HM Steelseries 6GV2 Corsair 650W 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Corsair 300R Logitech G502 SS Qck Cheap 5.1 speakers/HD 558 
  hide details  
Reply
A computer
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-3770K GIGABYTE Z68XP-UD3 Gigabyte GTX780ti 4x4GB Kingston Fury 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Western Digital Green OCZ Vertex 4 - 128 GB Don't have Hyper 212+ EVO 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Win 10 Dell U2713HM Steelseries 6GV2 Corsair 650W 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Corsair 300R Logitech G502 SS Qck Cheap 5.1 speakers/HD 558 
  hide details  
Reply
post #9129 of 11297
Quote:
Originally Posted by Layo View Post

I just don't like some random companies taking faulty panels and making their own crappy monitos. Even their ToS says they are faulty. I also hate how they threat their customers...

As long as people know what they're getting in to, what's the problem?
post #9130 of 11297
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cully View Post

My Catleap Q270 SEI just arrived,first few observations:
The stand sucks I have a rock solid desk,very heavy, was an expensive yoke and i can see the monitor wobbling slightly as i type or click on one of the brightness buttons etc on the monitor itself.
I definitely have 2 dead pixels,one is absolutely tiny the other could be two together as its a tiny bit bigger, both are near the center of the screen
But its only noticeable when displaying either very bright or very dark.
They are so small i doubt ill notice after a while,just a shame they are in the center area,but they really are tiny,when i showed the wife she said im too fussy lol.
Now on to the positives, WOW just WOW! Everything is just so crystal clear, from text to gaming just amazing.
Im able to run BF3 multiplayer @ Ultra and not drop below 55fps @ 2560X1440 with my card.
Granted its not locked at 60+ fps with ultra settings but it looks so incredibly sharp who gives a damn tbh.
Just for the lols i dropped down to low settings with no AA in BF3 and everything was just so crisp and clear @ this res it looked better than Ultra with 8XAA @ 1920X1200
Im telling ya guys, high resolution beats everything else after experiencing this.
Im keen to try far cry 3,Planetside2, etc as BF3 was the first game i tried.
So far so good, if this thing proves reliable ill be more than happy with my purchase.
Finally i did notice some very slight input lag compared to my Dell U2412M IPS but after 10 mins i was fragging with the best of them.
Here again ill take this resolution above anything else from now on
Just a quick photo taken with my phone.

How's the motion performance?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Monitors and Displays
Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Monitors and Displays › Yamakasi Catleap Monitor Club