Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Monitors and Displays › Yamakasi Catleap Monitor Club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Yamakasi Catleap Monitor Club - Page 986

post #9851 of 11286
Hey guys

I'm a little confused with al the different monitors on Ebay. I'm researching this one and I wonder what's the difference?

First there is the Q270 and the Q271.

How can I see that it's glass or not? Don't need built in speakers.

Info: I have dual Sapphire 7870's in crossfire my current monitor is Samsung XL2370 (led) will the quality difference be huge? (resolution and size aside)

thx
post #9852 of 11286
Quote:
Originally Posted by -SpArkLeS- View Post

Hey guys

I'm a little confused with al the different monitors on Ebay. I'm researching this one and I wonder what's the difference?

First there is the Q270 and the Q271.

How can I see that it's glass or not? Don't need built in speakers.

Info: I have dual Sapphire 7870's in crossfire my current monitor is Samsung XL2370 (led) will the quality difference be huge? (resolution and size aside)

thx

normally says its glass in the title like so-
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/130724901986?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649

as far as i know the difference is only in the stand/plastics but i may be wrong.
Ive got the one i linked above great screen i paid £420 for 2 delivered.

And yeh huge difference, when i look at a 1080 screen now it looks dreadful like using a tv as a pc screen to my eyes.
Edited by hellomoto - 5/26/13 at 7:51am
pc
(9 items)
 
  
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
intel i7 950 7970 ghz 12gb ocz  4TB drives 
Hard DriveCoolingMonitorPower
ocz ssd  h80 27" IPS & 19" portrait corsair AX850 
Case
corsair 800D 
  hide details  
Reply
pc
(9 items)
 
  
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
intel i7 950 7970 ghz 12gb ocz  4TB drives 
Hard DriveCoolingMonitorPower
ocz ssd  h80 27" IPS & 19" portrait corsair AX850 
Case
corsair 800D 
  hide details  
Reply
post #9853 of 11286
Hi, I've been following these monitors for a while! and have decided to buy one! Im gonna go with the Catleap Extreme 2B
Does any of you know where I can get one? or if they are stock anywhere? I can only find places taking preorders, or they are out of stock!

Someone please help me smile.gif
post #9854 of 11286
Quote:
Originally Posted by xecuter View Post

Hi, I've been following these monitors for a while! and have decided to buy one! Im gonna go with the Catleap Extreme 2B
Does any of you know where I can get one? or if they are stock anywhere? I can only find places taking preorders, or they are out of stock!

Someone please help me smile.gif
Here.

That said, if you're looking for just overclockability + 1440p + better-than-TN tech, check out the Qnix PLS monitors, which are 1440p overclockable ones.

PS: My ebay links to the Canadian site.
post #9855 of 11286
Anyone here know how to get in touch with the manufacturer? I bought a monitor from Green-sum and he stopped responding to my messages about warranty a week ago. It is very fustrating for me to have to use my laptop when I have a huge monitor sitting there that does not work. Now I have a 27 inch paper weight that I want to get fixed. Or at least know where to get the parts to fix it. I have the Yamakasi Q270 Multi. Thanks in advance.
post #9856 of 11286
Quote:
Originally Posted by xecuter View Post

Hi, I've been following these monitors for a while! and have decided to buy one! Im gonna go with the Catleap Extreme 2B
Does any of you know where I can get one? or if they are stock anywhere? I can only find places taking preorders, or they are out of stock!

Someone please help me smile.gif

There is zero point in buying Catleap, go with the Qnix QX2710.
M1
(11 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
7700k Asus Strix Z270i Asus GTX 1080Ti G.Skill TridentZ  
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingOS
Samsung 960 Evo Corsair H75 Corsair H55 W10 
MonitorCaseMouse
Acer XB271HU NCASE M1 Zowie EC1-A 
  hide details  
Reply
M1
(11 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
7700k Asus Strix Z270i Asus GTX 1080Ti G.Skill TridentZ  
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingOS
Samsung 960 Evo Corsair H75 Corsair H55 W10 
MonitorCaseMouse
Acer XB271HU NCASE M1 Zowie EC1-A 
  hide details  
Reply
post #9857 of 11286
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinsbane View Post

Here.

That said, if you're looking for just overclockability + 1440p + better-than-TN tech, check out the Qnix PLS monitors, which are 1440p overclockable ones.

PS: My ebay links to the Canadian site.

Is this real? too good to be true? basically a Catleap 2B???

How easily can it be overclocked and how high is it capable of doing so? I'm gonna slam down some money for this baby A LOT sooner than I thought if this is a dream come true!! biggrin.gif

What are the differences between this and the 2B??
post #9858 of 11286
Quote:
Originally Posted by Remmib View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by xecuter View Post

Hi, I've been following these monitors for a while! and have decided to buy one! Im gonna go with the Catleap Extreme 2B
Does any of you know where I can get one? or if they are stock anywhere? I can only find places taking preorders, or they are out of stock!

Someone please help me smile.gif

There is zero point in buying Catleap, go with the Qnix QX2710.
Ah ...... not true, I have both a Catleap 2B and a QNIX sitting next to each other, both running at 120Hz.
The Catleaps colours are MUCH better
than the QNIX. The QNIX goes really dark when over clocked and it takes a lot of messing about to get it looking ok.
I have it looking pretty good but no way near as good as my Cat. Of course price does matter though.
post #9859 of 11286
Once calibrated with the qnix at 120hz isn't it the same as it was at 60hz? Saying you just up the brightness adjust contrast etc. to make it the same?
post #9860 of 11286
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaa12585 View Post

Is this real? too good to be true? basically a Catleap 2B???

How easily can it be overclocked and how high is it capable of doing so? I'm gonna slam down some money for this baby A LOT sooner than I thought if this is a dream come true!! biggrin.gif

What are the differences between this and the 2B??
Catleap 2B uses IPS tech. Rarer, more expensive (the monitor, not the tech). Colour, gamma and brightness are more uniform when overclocking.

The QNix family are Samsung's PLS tech, which is for our purposes, the same thing. Much cheaper. Less track record than the catleaps. When heavily overclocked, gamma drops, brightness decreases and thus calibration goes way out the wazoo.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Monitors and Displays
Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Monitors and Displays › Yamakasi Catleap Monitor Club