Get hold of a good OS designed for Super Pi32 mil. Google is your best friend.
Before you start there are a couple of things you should know.
For one please use a low - end nvidia GPU like 8400 or a PCI type graphic card, assuming that your board has a PCI slot. The thing you do not want to have happen is sharing system RAM. To put it in perspective why a GPU will be very important for Copy Wazza, an ATI card will loose your about 2k available memory.
Assuming you have your hardware all sorted the next thing you need to do is get your hard drive up to speed.
What I do is first set the partitions in the following configuration.
A mechanical platter drive is best in my view, SSD are too quick and do not allow sufficient time for the memory to balance out when doing the Wazza tweak.
- C:/ = OS partition 3Gb this is only OS files
- D:/ = Pi partition , 4.5Gb -> pi files and D:/Wazza folder
- E:/ = the rest of your hard drive capacity, keep all your other stuff in there.
- D:/Wazza folder consists of three 632Mb files (made by fsutil command)*, file2 is copy of file1 , file3 is copy of file2
- Create 1x 632mb file using the command "fsutil file createnew D:\myfile 647168000" (1000*1024*632) for a file of exactly 632MB.
- Then put it in a RAR-archive with the Store Compression method for no compression.
- After that rename it to myfile2 and then myfile3 and after each rename add it to the RAR-archive with the Store option so that you get a 1896MB big RAR-archive. Name this archive Wazza
- pagefile 512/512 on D:/
Now that the preperations is done. Each person will work out what is best for them self when doing the Copy Wazza procedure.
3.run 16k twice
4.select 32M but don't press "OK" to start it
5.open task manager
6. I put priority (high) and affinity (cpu1) to superpi.exe
7.go to D:/
8.copy the D:/Wazza.rar you just made and paste it at C:/
9.Wait until it finishes
10.once it's done, copy the C:/wazza.rar file and paste back in D:/
11.Wait until it finishes
12.I repeat this three times, but work out what is best for you.
13.Now quickly go to taskmanager and disable explorer.exe
14.go to "performance" tab in task manager and wait until "avaliable" stops growing (Physical Memory (K) field)
15. kill task manager
16.press "OK" to start 32M (with keyboard)
There are a couple of other things you can do but get these basics right and your times will dramatically improve.Edited by HiVizMan - 7/2/12 at 2:08pm