Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Video Game News › [Blogger] Day One Disappointment: Where does DLC come from?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Blogger] Day One Disappointment: Where does DLC come from? - Page 17  

post #161 of 184
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strat79 View Post

If you care that much about it, don't buy it. No amount of arguing and trying to get other people to understand why you dislike this kind of thing will matter as much as not giving them your money. I don't see the problem honestly. They may not be doing the most ethical thing, but it is their business to do what they want. Don't like it, don't buy it. Pretty simple. You don't need to justify why you are not buying it. Believe me, most of us don't care.

For the record, I am not a fan of any of the ME games. In fact, I am not a fan of any of the games they have made. Though I haven't tried W2 or DA2.

Because some people want to play ME3. Things anger the people who like the game. Thus this thread is born.

Just because you feel like not buying it, doesn't mean others shouldn't. Some people want to buy but think they should get better service for their money.
post #162 of 184
Quote:
Originally Posted by james_ant View Post

The following is a video showing someone unlocking the DLC simply by editing some code in the game directory. I will be adding this to the OP, but this proves that the DLC content was 100% complete at the time the game went gold.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zRRpGlmtws8&feature=g-all-lik&context=G2041e5cFAAAAAAAAGAA

You seem to be horrible at staying objective and actually listening in a debate. It was already known that the CHARACTER was done but the character is not all there is to the DLC. What about all the cut-scenes, the dialog, the mission? We all said this WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY back in the start of this thread but you're too busy trying to board people on the illogical hate train.

Quote:
Originally Posted by james_ant View Post

This is irrelevant, those games didn't have day one DLC. Your pulling things our of the air because you have no facts.

How is the fact that many recent titles have received the same treatment on Metacritic NOT valid to the point that Metacritic is less about an objective rating system and more about people with an agenda? Day 1 dlc or not the point is still relevant b/c it shows that people aren't rating the game, they're trying to tank it on purpose and they've done it plenty of times before.

Please tell me what I'm 'pulling out of the air'.
Quote:
Originally Posted by james_ant View Post

Again it is quite ironic that you are criticizing me for not playing the game when you TOLD ME TO WATCH DLC ON YOUTUBE. I also don't think your use of the term "circular logic" means what you think it means. I have plenty of experience that backs me up.
I already explained and clarified what I meant.
http://www.overclock.net/t/1226371/blogger-day-one-disappointment-where-does-dlc-come-from/120#post_16675410

And I would like to point out that I asked you for specific examples of problems that people that rated this game 0s on metacritic and you refused to answer the question, is that correct? So you have no specific examples of all these issues that are wrong with the game?

Quote:
Originally Posted by james_ant View Post

Again, I have plenty of experience. The Demo, youtube, twitch tv, user reviews ect. Again the youtube video above proves that the DLC was complete at release.

How you think playing the demo, watching a few videos and reading a few articles compares to playing the full game is beyond me. You don't have enough experience to be arguing your position because you're just parroting opinions and emotions that you THINK are correct but you truly have no idea because you haven't played it.

The youtube video proves that JAVIK was complete at release, not the DLC.
Quote:
Originally Posted by james_ant View Post

I don't feel like writing an essay on the many problems ME3 has, they have already been stated many times in this thread and like I said before are also stated in the user metacritic reviews.
So, again, to rehash. You have been asked to list the negatives/issues/bugs from ME 3 and you can't list a single one. You profess that all these 0 reviews on metacritic are right but you haven't played the game. It's so obvious that you're a hater that it's sad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by james_ant View Post

I lol'ed at the bold part. If your going to respond, please use real actual facts instead of name calling.
How can i respond with facts when you refuse to list the problems with the game? LIST THE ISSUES WITH THE GAME! Seriously, i'm calling you out. List them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by james_ant View Post

It really seems that's something you can't get away from.
Again, if your trying to say that metacritic is being spammed in some mass troll attack then your being paranoid.
I'm paranoid, but when I listed games that went through similar spam attacks, you said it was irrelevant....So i've given you examples of similar games this happened to for various reasons and you ignored it. Yeah you're objective rolleyes.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by james_ant View Post

It's funny you call me an elitist and claim I use circular logic when it is you who are repeating the same non-sense over and over again.
Circular logic doesn't mean repeating yourself, that would be ad nauseam. Circular logic is a fallacy where you assume what you're attempting to prove is right. Example: "You can't give me a C, I'm an A student!".

You're using circular logic because when someone questions you, you turn to what metacritic says. When we question metacritic you say they're right because you say so. When we question how you're right when you haven't played the game, you point to metacritic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by james_ant View Post

You really seem to be insecure towards people who don't share the same opinion as you.
This is coming from the guy who argued that he knew as much about what takes place at a gaming studio as an actual developer ( Lordikon ) THEN argued that he knew more about the quality of ME 3 over someone who actually played it THEN argued that he KNEW that the metacritic scores and opinions were right despite not having played the game.

How old are you? Honestly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by james_ant View Post

I'm not the only person who feels this way, you can't excuse day one DLC.

Why can't i excuse Day 1 dlc? Lordikon tried explaining it to you but you obviously refused to listen to him as well.

I would PREFER they give me free stuff but in lieu of that, I would rather have day 1 dlc than have it 2 months later after I've already finished the game 2 or 3 times.
Edited by FuNkDrSpOt - 3/11/12 at 5:41pm
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
PII x4 965 Asus m3a79-T Sapphire TOXIC 5850 OCZ Reaper 2x2gb DDR 1066 
OSMonitorPowerCase
Stupid Vista Samsung 2494SW OCZ GameXstream 700w Corsair 600T 
  hide details  
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
PII x4 965 Asus m3a79-T Sapphire TOXIC 5850 OCZ Reaper 2x2gb DDR 1066 
OSMonitorPowerCase
Stupid Vista Samsung 2494SW OCZ GameXstream 700w Corsair 600T 
  hide details  
post #163 of 184
We're 17 pages in and the only one to provide anything resembling a reason why they disliked the game was sausageson.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
PII x4 965 Asus m3a79-T Sapphire TOXIC 5850 OCZ Reaper 2x2gb DDR 1066 
OSMonitorPowerCase
Stupid Vista Samsung 2494SW OCZ GameXstream 700w Corsair 600T 
  hide details  
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
PII x4 965 Asus m3a79-T Sapphire TOXIC 5850 OCZ Reaper 2x2gb DDR 1066 
OSMonitorPowerCase
Stupid Vista Samsung 2494SW OCZ GameXstream 700w Corsair 600T 
  hide details  
post #164 of 184
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by FuNkDrSpOt View Post

You seem to be horrible at staying objective and actually listening in a debate. It was already known that the CHARACTER was done but the character is not all there is to the DLC. What about all the cut-scenes, the dialog, the mission? We all said this WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY back in the start of this thread but you're too busy trying to board people on the illogical hate train.

Does not matter, the character is in the game. This means that the game was made from the beggining to accomidate DLC. This proves what I already said, that ME2 and ME3 are DLC platforms.
Quote:
How is the fact that many recent titles have received the same treatment on Metacritic NOT valid to the point that Metacritic is less about an objective rating system and more about people with an agenda? Day 1 dlc or not the point is still relevant b/c it shows that people aren't rating the game, they're trying to tank it on purpose and they've done it plenty of times before.
Please tell me what I'm 'pulling out of the air'.
I already explained and clarified what I meant.
http://www.overclock.net/t/1226371/blogger-day-one-disappointment-where-does-dlc-come-from/120#post_16675410

Recent titles have not received the same treatment. Regardless your point is irrelevant as if another game did the same thing and got the same treatment I would be saying the exact same thing regardless of the games sales numbers.
Quote:
And I would like to point out that I asked you for specific examples of problems that people that rated this game 0s on metacritic and you refused to answer the question, is that correct? So you have no specific examples of all these issues that are wrong with the game?
How you think playing the demo, watching a few videos and reading a few articles compares to playing the full game is beyond me. You don't have enough experience to be arguing your position because you're just parroting opinions and emotions that you THINK are correct but you truly have no idea because you haven't played it.

The youtube video proves that JAVIK was complete at release, not the DLC.
So, again, to rehash. You have been asked to list the negatives/issues/bugs from ME 3 and you can't list a single one. You profess that all these 0 reviews on metacritic are right but you haven't played the game. It's so obvious that you're a hater that it's sad.
How can i respond with facts when you refuse to list the problems with the game? LIST THE ISSUES WITH THE GAME! Seriously, i'm calling you out. List them.

Again, you want a list go read my previous posts and read the matacritic reviews which I agree with. It's not my job to educate you. I told you where to find out the problems, its your problem if you choose not to read them or acknowledge them. Also your further use of insulting, hostile and derogatory language further shows how childish and immature you are.

The youtube video proves the DLC character is in the game and unlockable for the normal campain which shows that the game was designed from day one to be a DLC platform and not a complete game on the disk. This means that the game was designed not to be a complete experience that would be completed with DLC.

This is what I have been saying all along and it is supported by facts and not my bias feelings towards EA or Bioware.
Quote:
I'm paranoid, but when I listed games that went through similar spam attacks, you said it was irrelevant....So i've given you examples of similar games this happened to for various reasons and you ignored it. Yeah you're objective rolleyes.gif
Circular logic doesn't mean repeating yourself, that would be ad nauseam. Circular logic is a fallacy where you assume what you're attempting to prove is right. Example: "You can't give me a C, I'm an A student!".

Hmm, ya your paranoid. Even in previous examples of this happening the criticise raised were legitimate. That is to say they were not spam attacks but rather people who were actually angry at what the developers were doing.

Thanks for giving me a definition, I know what circular logic is. Actually your example is incomplete, circular logic would have to state "I'm an A student, because I'm an A student." I'm not using circular logic. I'm using personal experience and community experience as my reasons for saying the things I say. That's a far cry for saying "the game sucks because it sucks."

On the contrary it is you who are using circular logic. The basic jist of every one of your comments are "your wrong because your wrong." Sometimes the reason you give for being wrong is "your a child," "your a hater," "I'm better than you" and so on which is just backing up your opinion with empty statements. A good example is your response to metacritic reviews in which you said "they have ceased to be relevant YEARS ago" without giving much of a reason, but I suspect even if you did give a reason it would be just as empty, self-opinionated and incomplete.
Quote:
You're using circular logic because when someone questions you, you turn to what metacritic says. When we question metacritic you say they're right because you say so. When we question how you're right when you haven't played the game, you point to metacritic.

Again, using metacritic reviews is not circular logic. I would have to be saying "the game sucks because it sucks." The metacritic reviews are not saying that either. My reason for saying it sucks is not "it sucks," my reason is the facts I talked about and the facts and experiences talked about in the metacritic reviews and every other person critical of the game.
Quote:
This is coming from the guy who argued that he knew as much about what takes place at a gaming studio as an actual developer ( Lordikon ) THEN argued that he knew more about the quality of ME 3 over someone who actually played it THEN argued that he KNEW that the metacritic scores and opinions were right despite not having played the game.

Hmm, selective reading I see. My ultimate responce to him was that the barriers developer studios face are irrelevant because the issues of day 1 DLC and poor quality games sold for high prices are not universal to all developers. Like I already stated there are many developers who make great content complete games without having to rely on paid DLC to complete the experience.
Quote:
How old are you? Honestly.

I see you continue to be unable to get through a post without a personal insult of some sort. Maybe I should be asking you the same thing.
Quote:
Why can't i excuse Day 1 dlc? Lordikon tried explaining it to you but you obviously refused to listen to him as well.
I would PREFER they give me free stuff but in lieu of that, I would rather have day 1 dlc than have it 2 months later after I've already finished the game 2 or 3 times.

Again, with regards to Lordikon's explanation. Day 1 DLC is not universal, therefore is is not a required business tactic for all developers. Therefore it is not excusable.

Also do you remember Zaheed? Yes, that was day 1 DLC for ME2 only it WAS given to people for free who bought the game. Why do you think its such a hard thing for studios and producers to give their customers certain content for free? In both cases the content was complete only thing is that now you have to pay for it.

I'm not complaining that you have to pay for DLC. I'm complaining that you have to pay for day 1 DLC and I'm complaining that ME3 is a game designed to support multiple DLC packs, tie in content from mobile spin off games and other special content. Yes some of these problems are issues with other games, no its not relevant to this discussion. If other games do it then all the more reason to criticize these practices and give your money to other studios.

Again there is so much more to this whole thing but really if you are truly ignorant of the issues that you need me to make you a list hear then there's not much more to say to you. Just go enjoy your game, and your paid day 1 DLC and the rest of the DLC you buy for this game and ignore the people who choose not to buy the game, and for good reason.
i7 3820
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i7 3820 AsRock X79 Extreme6 Sapphire 6950 2gb Sapphire 6950 2gb 
RAMHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 16GB (4 x 4GB)  Crucial M4 128gb LG HD-DVD/Blu-Ray Combo Drive Corsair H80 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 Pro 64bit Samsung XL2370 Cooler Master Quick Fire (cherry blues) Corsair TX850M 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Fractal Define R3 SS Xai SS 4HD Asus Xonar Essence ST 
  hide details  
i7 3820
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i7 3820 AsRock X79 Extreme6 Sapphire 6950 2gb Sapphire 6950 2gb 
RAMHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 16GB (4 x 4GB)  Crucial M4 128gb LG HD-DVD/Blu-Ray Combo Drive Corsair H80 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 Pro 64bit Samsung XL2370 Cooler Master Quick Fire (cherry blues) Corsair TX850M 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Fractal Define R3 SS Xai SS 4HD Asus Xonar Essence ST 
  hide details  
post #165 of 184
Quote:
Originally Posted by james_ant View Post

Does not matter, the character is in the game. This means that the game was made from the beggining to accomidate DLC. This proves what I already said, that ME2 and ME3 are DLC platforms.
Quote:
How is the fact that many recent titles have received the same treatment on Metacritic NOT valid to the point that Metacritic is less about an objective rating system and more about people with an agenda? Day 1 dlc or not the point is still relevant b/c it shows that people aren't rating the game, they're trying to tank it on purpose and they've done it plenty of times before.
Please tell me what I'm 'pulling out of the air'.
I already explained and clarified what I meant.
http://www.overclock.net/t/1226371/blogger-day-one-disappointment-where-does-dlc-come-from/120#post_16675410
Recent titles have not received the same treatment. Regardless your point is irrelevant as if another game did the same thing and got the same treatment I would be saying the exact same thing regardless of the games sales numbers.
Quote:
And I would like to point out that I asked you for specific examples of problems that people that rated this game 0s on metacritic and you refused to answer the question, is that correct? So you have no specific examples of all these issues that are wrong with the game?
How you think playing the demo, watching a few videos and reading a few articles compares to playing the full game is beyond me. You don't have enough experience to be arguing your position because you're just parroting opinions and emotions that you THINK are correct but you truly have no idea because you haven't played it.
The youtube video proves that JAVIK was complete at release, not the DLC.
So, again, to rehash. You have been asked to list the negatives/issues/bugs from ME 3 and you can't list a single one. You profess that all these 0 reviews on metacritic are right but you haven't played the game. It's so obvious that you're a hater that it's sad.
How can i respond with facts when you refuse to list the problems with the game? LIST THE ISSUES WITH THE GAME! Seriously, i'm calling you out. List them.
Again, you want a list go read my previous posts and read the matacritic reviews which I agree with. It's not my job to educate you. I told you where to find out the problems, its your problem if you choose not to read them or acknowledge them. Also your further use of insulting, hostile and derogatory language further shows how childish and immature you are.
The youtube video proves the DLC character is in the game and unlockable for the normal campain which shows that the game was designed from day one to be a DLC platform and not a complete game on the disk. This means that the game was designed not to be a complete experience that would be completed with DLC.
This is what I have been saying all along and it is supported by facts and not my bias feelings towards EA or Bioware.
Quote:
I'm paranoid, but when I listed games that went through similar spam attacks, you said it was irrelevant....So i've given you examples of similar games this happened to for various reasons and you ignored it. Yeah you're objective rolleyes.gif
Circular logic doesn't mean repeating yourself, that would be ad nauseam. Circular logic is a fallacy where you assume what you're attempting to prove is right. Example: "You can't give me a C, I'm an A student!".
Hmm, ya your paranoid. Even in previous examples of this happening the criticise raised were legitimate. That is to say they were not spam attacks but rather people who were actually angry at what the developers were doing.
Thanks for giving me a definition, I know what circular logic is. Actually your example is incomplete, circular logic would have to state "I'm an A student, because I'm an A student." I'm not using circular logic. I'm using personal experience and community experience as my reasons for saying the things I say. That's a far cry for saying "the game sucks because it sucks."
On the contrary it is you who are using circular logic. The basic jist of every one of your comments are "your wrong because your wrong." Sometimes the reason you give for being wrong is "your a child," "your a hater," "I'm better than you" and so on which is just backing up your opinion with empty statements. A good example is your response to metacritic reviews in which you said "they have ceased to be relevant YEARS ago" without giving much of a reason, but I suspect even if you did give a reason it would be just as empty, self-opinionated and incomplete.
Quote:
You're using circular logic because when someone questions you, you turn to what metacritic says. When we question metacritic you say they're right because you say so. When we question how you're right when you haven't played the game, you point to metacritic.
Again, using metacritic reviews is not circular logic. I would have to be saying "the game sucks because it sucks." The metacritic reviews are not saying that either. My reason for saying it sucks is not "it sucks," my reason is the facts I talked about and the facts and experiences talked about in the metacritic reviews and every other person critical of the game.
Quote:
This is coming from the guy who argued that he knew as much about what takes place at a gaming studio as an actual developer ( Lordikon ) THEN argued that he knew more about the quality of ME 3 over someone who actually played it THEN argued that he KNEW that the metacritic scores and opinions were right despite not having played the game.
Hmm, selective reading I see. My ultimate responce to him was that the barriers developer studios face are irrelevant because the issues of day 1 DLC and poor quality games sold for high prices are not universal to all developers. Like I already stated there are many developers who make great content complete games without having to rely on paid DLC to complete the experience.
Quote:
How old are you? Honestly.
I see you continue to be unable to get through a post without a personal insult of some sort. Maybe I should be asking you the same thing.
Quote:
Why can't i excuse Day 1 dlc? Lordikon tried explaining it to you but you obviously refused to listen to him as well.
I would PREFER they give me free stuff but in lieu of that, I would rather have day 1 dlc than have it 2 months later after I've already finished the game 2 or 3 times.
Again, with regards to Lordikon's explanation. Day 1 DLC is not universal, therefore is is not a required business tactic for all developers. Therefore it is not excusable.
Also do you remember Zaheed? Yes, that was day 1 DLC for ME2 only it WAS given to people for free who bought the game. Why do you think its such a hard thing for studios and producers to give their customers certain content for free? In both cases the content was complete only thing is that now you have to pay for it.
I'm not complaining that you have to pay for DLC. I'm complaining that you have to pay for day 1 DLC and I'm complaining that ME3 is a game designed to support multiple DLC packs, tie in content from mobile spin off games and other special content. Yes some of these problems are issues with other games, no its not relevant to this discussion. If other games do it then all the more reason to criticize these practices and give your money to other studios.
Again there is so much more to this whole thing but really if you are truly ignorant of the issues that you need me to make you a list hear then there's not much more to say to you. Just go enjoy your game, and your paid day 1 DLC and the rest of the DLC you buy for this game and ignore the people who choose not to buy the game, and for good reason.

All i get from this is that you refuse to state any valid reason to hate the game. I have asked at least 3 times and all you tell me is 'go back and look at my posts' or 'go to metacritic'. If you knew anything about the game you were hating you could easily TELL me what you disliked about it. Even if you didn't want to type it out again, you could easily provide a link to the post where you did.

Until you can tell us why you dislike the game beyond it having a Day-1 dlc, which lordikon already explained to you, there's no reason to repeat this convo, ad nauseam.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
PII x4 965 Asus m3a79-T Sapphire TOXIC 5850 OCZ Reaper 2x2gb DDR 1066 
OSMonitorPowerCase
Stupid Vista Samsung 2494SW OCZ GameXstream 700w Corsair 600T 
  hide details  
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
PII x4 965 Asus m3a79-T Sapphire TOXIC 5850 OCZ Reaper 2x2gb DDR 1066 
OSMonitorPowerCase
Stupid Vista Samsung 2494SW OCZ GameXstream 700w Corsair 600T 
  hide details  
post #166 of 184
Quote:
Originally Posted by FuNkDrSpOt View Post

We're 17 pages in and the only one to provide anything resembling a reason why they disliked the game was sausageson.

Well I provided one a couple pages back about the DLC but let me tell you WHY I feel like the last 10 minutes ruined what could have easily been the greatest end to one of the best series of video games ever.

They introduced a Deus Ex Machina to end a trilogy that was centered predominantly on making choices, and those choices leading to lasting impact. Instead, what we got was this "God"/AI where it directs Shepard to screw everyone over no matter the choice. In Mass Effect 1 & 2, our choices actually influenced the ending. In Mass Effect 3, it didn't even close the franchise, it just brought a contrived end to the war to end all wars all without even allowing us to see where our Shepard's path impacted an entire inter-galactic war.

We don't get to see what happened to the Krogan. Or how the Quarian and Geth got along after ending a 300+ year war. The clean-up after everyone on the space-citadel was outright slaughtered. What about destroying the Mass-Relay points? The quarian can't rebuild with no access to supplies. The Krogan will essentially die out with no access to scientist to help clean Tuchanka's atmosphere. What the hell happened to Shepard? Did they not realize by destroying the only link for planetary transport they're going to slowly kill off every species anyway? Let's not forget that machines which traveled billions of lightyears away just came to wreck our galaxy and we don't even know what happened to them. You don't really go about rebuilding galactic civilization with no access to resources. The list will go on and on and on.

There isn't any closure and it's just lazy. Nothing about any ending seems right and nearly everyone has come to a conclusion that we feel like we wasted our time. I know the underlying story is about sacrifice, the importance friends and reliable allies, the overall journey of HOW we got there, But what Bioware did was well beyond a slap in the face. I know writing in video-games isn't exactly going to be stacking up to Notes from Underground or War & Peace anytime soon and our Fallout 2, Planescape Torments and Silent Hill 2's are few and far between. But when you manage to have people on board that were penning some great books and veteran writers it REALLY makes you wonder how the hell those endings happened.

And I really hate to say this but I really swear that Mass Effect IS the Matrix of video games. Amazing first outing, a mixed but still great second outing, and a third out that was better than the second till you get till the last 10 minutes and you feel like you wasted your time watching these films. The writing, the gameplay, the set pieces and art direction were all improved over the original to a great degree but there is no way you can somehow justify what they did to completely sour the experience for nearly everyone. Even their forum that's usually reserved for brainwashed drones that once agreed that if Bioware made access to their games locked behind a yearly fee they'd pay are now in a general agreement that Bioware completely ruined the series for nearly everyone!
post #167 of 184
Quote:
Originally Posted by james_ant View Post

Does not matter, the character is in the game. This means that the game was made from the beggining to accomidate DLC. This proves what I already said, that ME2 and ME3 are DLC platforms.

Do you know how irresponsible it would be to not design the game to handle DLC?

"Sorry folks, we can't get and extra content out there for 4 months, it turns out we didn't setup the engine to handle it."

Of course the game was made to handle extra content. How many games aren't? I'm not sure what kind of world you are living in, where people dislike extra content that they can optionally buy.

Here's the bottom line:
Either the original game has enough content and a complete enough story for you to buy, or it doesn't. If it has enough, then the DLC is irrelevant. If it doesn't have enough them you don't have to buy it. There are millions of people that consider the game to be in the first group, and therefore many will be perfectly fine without the DLC. There will be a small amount of people who are in the second group. So long as there are millions of people happy with the game, then the decision to include DLC was financially responsible, and pleased more people than would have been pleased with the extra content.
Edited by lordikon - 3/11/12 at 7:51pm
Foldatron
(17 items)
 
Mat
(10 items)
 
Work iMac
(9 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i7 950 EVGA x58 3-way SLI EVGA GTX 660ti GTX 275 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
3x2GB Corsair Dominator DDR3-1600 80GB Intel X25-M SSD 2TB WD Black 150GB WD Raptor 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
2x 150GB WD V-raptor in RAID0 Win7 Home 64-bit OEM 55" LED 120hz 1080p Vizio MS Natural Ergonomic Keyboard 4000 
PowerCase
750W PC P&C Silencer CoolerMaster 690 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Intel Core i5 2500S AMD 6770M 8GB (2x4GB) at 1333Mhz 1TB, 7200 rpm 
Optical DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
LG 8X Dual-Layer "SuperDrive" OS X Lion 27" iMac screen Mac wireless keyboard 
Mouse
Mac wireless mouse 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
i7-2600K AMD 6970M 1GB 16GB PC3-10600 DDR3 1TB 7200rpm 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
256GB SSD 8x DL "SuperDrive" OS X 10.7 Lion 27" 2560x1440 iMac display 
Monitor
27" Apple thunderbolt display 
  hide details  
Foldatron
(17 items)
 
Mat
(10 items)
 
Work iMac
(9 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i7 950 EVGA x58 3-way SLI EVGA GTX 660ti GTX 275 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
3x2GB Corsair Dominator DDR3-1600 80GB Intel X25-M SSD 2TB WD Black 150GB WD Raptor 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
2x 150GB WD V-raptor in RAID0 Win7 Home 64-bit OEM 55" LED 120hz 1080p Vizio MS Natural Ergonomic Keyboard 4000 
PowerCase
750W PC P&C Silencer CoolerMaster 690 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Intel Core i5 2500S AMD 6770M 8GB (2x4GB) at 1333Mhz 1TB, 7200 rpm 
Optical DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
LG 8X Dual-Layer "SuperDrive" OS X Lion 27" iMac screen Mac wireless keyboard 
Mouse
Mac wireless mouse 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
i7-2600K AMD 6970M 1GB 16GB PC3-10600 DDR3 1TB 7200rpm 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
256GB SSD 8x DL "SuperDrive" OS X 10.7 Lion 27" 2560x1440 iMac display 
Monitor
27" Apple thunderbolt display 
  hide details  
post #168 of 184

Sounds about right.

Main Rig
(12 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
R7 1800x ASUS Prime 370 Pro RX 480 Corsair Dominator 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Samsung 850 Pro  None Windows 10 Pro HP w19e: 1440x900 | Sony KDL40S-5100 1920x1080 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
CMStorm Quick Fire. CM 1050w  Cooler Master Cosmos II Roccat Kone XTD (Optical) 
  hide details  
Main Rig
(12 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
R7 1800x ASUS Prime 370 Pro RX 480 Corsair Dominator 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Samsung 850 Pro  None Windows 10 Pro HP w19e: 1440x900 | Sony KDL40S-5100 1920x1080 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
CMStorm Quick Fire. CM 1050w  Cooler Master Cosmos II Roccat Kone XTD (Optical) 
  hide details  
post #169 of 184
I've only ever played 2 good DLCs.... and they got turned into a game on their own (GTA TBOGT and TLAD), and I've only ever bought 4 DLCs total the other two were pathetic, never again will I buy a DLC that isn't worthy of being a full game on its own
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 2500K [Asus] P8P67 Pro [EVGA] 1050 Ti [Crucial] Ballistix Tactical 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
[Crucial] M4 128gb [WD] Cavier Black [Noctua] NH-D14 Windows 7 Home Premium 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
[Asus] VG236 23 inch 120 Hz [HP]w2007 (Offset) [Logitech] G15 [Corsair] HX 750 
CaseMouseAudio
[Silverstone] RV02 [Logitech] G5 [Superlux] HD668B 
  hide details  
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 2500K [Asus] P8P67 Pro [EVGA] 1050 Ti [Crucial] Ballistix Tactical 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
[Crucial] M4 128gb [WD] Cavier Black [Noctua] NH-D14 Windows 7 Home Premium 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
[Asus] VG236 23 inch 120 Hz [HP]w2007 (Offset) [Logitech] G15 [Corsair] HX 750 
CaseMouseAudio
[Silverstone] RV02 [Logitech] G5 [Superlux] HD668B 
  hide details  
post #170 of 184
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarvinDessica View Post

Well I provided one a couple pages back about the DLC but let me tell you WHY I feel like the last 10 minutes ruined what could have easily been the greatest end to one of the best series of video games ever.
They introduced a Deus Ex Machina to end a trilogy that was centered predominantly on making choices, and those choices leading to lasting impact. Instead, what we got was this "God"/AI where it directs Shepard to screw everyone over no matter the choice. In Mass Effect 1 & 2, our choices actually influenced the ending. In Mass Effect 3, it didn't even close the franchise, it just brought a contrived end to the war to end all wars all without even allowing us to see where our Shepard's path impacted an entire inter-galactic war.
We don't get to see what happened to the Krogan. Or how the Quarian and Geth got along after ending a 300+ year war. The clean-up after everyone on the space-citadel was outright slaughtered. What about destroying the Mass-Relay points? The quarian can't rebuild with no access to supplies. The Krogan will essentially die out with no access to scientist to help clean Tuchanka's atmosphere. What the hell happened to Shepard? Did they not realize by destroying the only link for planetary transport they're going to slowly kill off every species anyway? Let's not forget that machines which traveled billions of lightyears away just came to wreck our galaxy and we don't even know what happened to them. You don't really go about rebuilding galactic civilization with no access to resources. The list will go on and on and on.
There isn't any closure and it's just lazy. Nothing about any ending seems right and nearly everyone has come to a conclusion that we feel like we wasted our time. I know the underlying story is about sacrifice, the importance friends and reliable allies, the overall journey of HOW we got there, But what Bioware did was well beyond a slap in the face. I know writing in video-games isn't exactly going to be stacking up to Notes from Underground or War & Peace anytime soon and our Fallout 2, Planescape Torments and Silent Hill 2's are few and far between. But when you manage to have people on board that were penning some great books and veteran writers it REALLY makes you wonder how the hell those endings happened.
And I really hate to say this but I really swear that Mass Effect IS the Matrix of video games. Amazing first outing, a mixed but still great second outing, and a third out that was better than the second till you get till the last 10 minutes and you feel like you wasted your time watching these films. The writing, the gameplay, the set pieces and art direction were all improved over the original to a great degree but there is no way you can somehow justify what they did to completely sour the experience for nearly everyone. Even their forum that's usually reserved for brainwashed drones that once agreed that if Bioware made access to their games locked behind a yearly fee they'd pay are now in a general agreement that Bioware completely ruined the series for nearly everyone!

I just finished the game today. The game to me would have earned a 7 but after that ending its so low I dont even know anymore. Nothing was answered and it was obviously rushed, I felt like I wasted my time playing through all 3 games for an ending that explained nothing, so many things did not make sense either. I dont even know what the status is on half my squad. The ending was pretty much the same except with a different glow of light. Someone said it correctly, the ending would pretty much just be if in Return of the King, Frodo dropped the ring and the movie just ended right there. Not describing what happened to the people of middleearth or the characters you have become invested in over the course of three movies. This was possibly the worst ending I have ever seen in my life.

Move over prothean DLC this ending was a much bigger slap in the face to fans.

Also the game was really short too, I got countless hours from Mass Effect 1, im not even sure but at least 60 hours from one playthrough, ME2 I got 50 hours from one playthrough. While this game I only got 30 hours from one playthrough and after seeing how all the endings are the same crappy ending with a different tint on youtube im not even sure if I want to replay it. Also during this 30 hour playthrough I did everything! and I mean everything, all systems were scanned at 100%, did every sidequest had tons of cash, Bioware promised 40 hours if we did everything.
Edited by sausageson - 3/11/12 at 10:58pm
Redbox
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 2500k @4.5ghz Asus P8P67 GTX 970 Strix 12GB Gskill Ripjaws ddr3 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Crucial M500 Caviar Black 1TB Western Digital 500G DVD multirecorder 
OSPowerCase
Windows 7 Professional 64bit edition Antec Truepower 650 watt HAF 932 Black Edition 
  hide details  
Redbox
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 2500k @4.5ghz Asus P8P67 GTX 970 Strix 12GB Gskill Ripjaws ddr3 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Crucial M500 Caviar Black 1TB Western Digital 500G DVD multirecorder 
OSPowerCase
Windows 7 Professional 64bit edition Antec Truepower 650 watt HAF 932 Black Edition 
  hide details  
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Video Game News
This thread is locked  
Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Video Game News › [Blogger] Day One Disappointment: Where does DLC come from?