Overclock.net › Forums › Consumer Electronics › Photography › ( Answered ) Help Lutro0 Out. Cant decide and need some profesh help.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

( Answered ) Help Lutro0 Out. Cant decide and need some profesh help. - Page 3

post #21 of 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lutro0 View Post

I did choose the Canon t2i kit with the lens and I will be getting an add-on macro lens set.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/12145-USA/Canon_2537A003_50mm_f_2_5_Compact_Macro.html thumb.gif
Týr
(20 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5 2500k Gigabyte P67A UD3 B3 Zotac GTX 760 AMP! G.Skill Ripjaws X 4x4GB CL9 1600 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Crucial M4 128GB WD Caviar Blue 1TB WD Caviar Green 3TB WD Caviar Green 3TB 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung DVD-RW SATA Cooler Master Hyper 212+ pull config Windows 10 Shinhwa 22" 1080p 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
Shinhwa 22" 1080p Viewsonic 24" 1080p Corsair K70 RGB XFX XXX Edition 650w Modular 
CaseMouse
Cooler Master HAF 912 Advanced Logitech G1 
  hide details  
Reply
Týr
(20 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5 2500k Gigabyte P67A UD3 B3 Zotac GTX 760 AMP! G.Skill Ripjaws X 4x4GB CL9 1600 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Crucial M4 128GB WD Caviar Blue 1TB WD Caviar Green 3TB WD Caviar Green 3TB 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung DVD-RW SATA Cooler Master Hyper 212+ pull config Windows 10 Shinhwa 22" 1080p 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
Shinhwa 22" 1080p Viewsonic 24" 1080p Corsair K70 RGB XFX XXX Edition 650w Modular 
CaseMouse
Cooler Master HAF 912 Advanced Logitech G1 
  hide details  
Reply
post #22 of 27
Thread Starter 

Gosh I know, but I don't have that right now. I was going to settle with some macro supplemental lens for right now as that's how ive been taking photos, but we will see.
post #23 of 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lutro0 View Post

Gosh I know, but I don't have that right now. I was going to settle with some macro supplemental lens for right now as that's how ive been taking photos, but we will see.

what like close up filters?
idk how well they perform, you know your stuff anyway .. best of luck lutro0! biggrin.gif
Týr
(20 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5 2500k Gigabyte P67A UD3 B3 Zotac GTX 760 AMP! G.Skill Ripjaws X 4x4GB CL9 1600 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Crucial M4 128GB WD Caviar Blue 1TB WD Caviar Green 3TB WD Caviar Green 3TB 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung DVD-RW SATA Cooler Master Hyper 212+ pull config Windows 10 Shinhwa 22" 1080p 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
Shinhwa 22" 1080p Viewsonic 24" 1080p Corsair K70 RGB XFX XXX Edition 650w Modular 
CaseMouse
Cooler Master HAF 912 Advanced Logitech G1 
  hide details  
Reply
Týr
(20 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5 2500k Gigabyte P67A UD3 B3 Zotac GTX 760 AMP! G.Skill Ripjaws X 4x4GB CL9 1600 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Crucial M4 128GB WD Caviar Blue 1TB WD Caviar Green 3TB WD Caviar Green 3TB 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung DVD-RW SATA Cooler Master Hyper 212+ pull config Windows 10 Shinhwa 22" 1080p 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
Shinhwa 22" 1080p Viewsonic 24" 1080p Corsair K70 RGB XFX XXX Edition 650w Modular 
CaseMouse
Cooler Master HAF 912 Advanced Logitech G1 
  hide details  
Reply
post #24 of 27
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by boogschd View Post

what like close up filters?
idk how well they perform, you know your stuff anyway .. best of luck lutro0! biggrin.gif

Well the extension tubes from what I understand allows any lens to perform as a macro lens and because they are not a piece of glass - they keep it clean, I knew my stuff with my P&S but this is a whole new world for me. I was able to pop out some shots recently though. But I cant wait until I can use the camera to its full potential.

MDPCLutro0Red.jpg
post #25 of 27
Extension tubes just let you place your lens further away from your camera, while still retaining contact with it so you can change the f-number.
Magnification increases as your lens is further away from the camera. I believe there is a mathamatical formula that lets you calculate the exact magnification given a certain lens focal length and extension tube length, but I don't remember it on top of my head (Google it?). The general rule of thumb is longer tubes = more magnification, and lower mm lens on tubes= more mangication. Note that your working distance you have away from your subject decreases as your magnification increases, and from experience a full set of 68mm tubes and a 50mm lens will get you merely an inch or so away from your subject.

Your other option is to simply reverse your lens (use it backwards), which also produces a magnification effect. This doesn't necesarily require tubes, but tubes can be used to enhance the magnification.

If you can wait until this weekend, I can post some samples/a guide to this forum, for I have a Macro lens (Canon 100mm f/2.8L IS), a set of tubes, and the lens reversing technique (and the mount for it), so I could illustrate all 3.
Aging Tower
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Q6600 ASUS P5Q Powercolor Radeon 5750 6GB of DDR2 
Hard DrivePower
2x Seagate 7200.12 500GB Corsair VX550 
  hide details  
Reply
Aging Tower
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Q6600 ASUS P5Q Powercolor Radeon 5750 6GB of DDR2 
Hard DrivePower
2x Seagate 7200.12 500GB Corsair VX550 
  hide details  
Reply
post #26 of 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winwin View Post

Extension tubes just let you place your lens further away from your camera, while still retaining contact with it so you can change the f-number.
Magnification increases as your lens is further away from the camera. I believe there is a mathamatical formula that lets you calculate the exact magnification given a certain lens focal length and extension tube length, but I don't remember it on top of my head (Google it?). The general rule of thumb is longer tubes = more magnification, and lower mm lens on tubes= more mangication. Note that your working distance you have away from your subject decreases as your magnification increases, and from experience a full set of 68mm tubes and a 50mm lens will get you merely an inch or so away from your subject.
Your other option is to simply reverse your lens (use it backwards), which also produces a magnification effect. This doesn't necesarily require tubes, but tubes can be used to enhance the magnification.
If you can wait until this weekend, I can post some samples/a guide to this forum, for I have a Macro lens (Canon 100mm f/2.8L IS), a set of tubes, and the lens reversing technique (and the mount for it), so I could illustrate all 3.

yay for macro guide!thumb.gif
Týr
(20 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5 2500k Gigabyte P67A UD3 B3 Zotac GTX 760 AMP! G.Skill Ripjaws X 4x4GB CL9 1600 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Crucial M4 128GB WD Caviar Blue 1TB WD Caviar Green 3TB WD Caviar Green 3TB 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung DVD-RW SATA Cooler Master Hyper 212+ pull config Windows 10 Shinhwa 22" 1080p 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
Shinhwa 22" 1080p Viewsonic 24" 1080p Corsair K70 RGB XFX XXX Edition 650w Modular 
CaseMouse
Cooler Master HAF 912 Advanced Logitech G1 
  hide details  
Reply
Týr
(20 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5 2500k Gigabyte P67A UD3 B3 Zotac GTX 760 AMP! G.Skill Ripjaws X 4x4GB CL9 1600 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Crucial M4 128GB WD Caviar Blue 1TB WD Caviar Green 3TB WD Caviar Green 3TB 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung DVD-RW SATA Cooler Master Hyper 212+ pull config Windows 10 Shinhwa 22" 1080p 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
Shinhwa 22" 1080p Viewsonic 24" 1080p Corsair K70 RGB XFX XXX Edition 650w Modular 
CaseMouse
Cooler Master HAF 912 Advanced Logitech G1 
  hide details  
Reply
post #27 of 27
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winwin View Post

Extension tubes just let you place your lens further away from your camera, while still retaining contact with it so you can change the f-number.
Magnification increases as your lens is further away from the camera. I believe there is a mathamatical formula that lets you calculate the exact magnification given a certain lens focal length and extension tube length, but I don't remember it on top of my head (Google it?). The general rule of thumb is longer tubes = more magnification, and lower mm lens on tubes= more mangication. Note that your working distance you have away from your subject decreases as your magnification increases, and from experience a full set of 68mm tubes and a 50mm lens will get you merely an inch or so away from your subject.
Your other option is to simply reverse your lens (use it backwards), which also produces a magnification effect. This doesn't necesarily require tubes, but tubes can be used to enhance the magnification.
If you can wait until this weekend, I can post some samples/a guide to this forum, for I have a Macro lens (Canon 100mm f/2.8L IS), a set of tubes, and the lens reversing technique (and the mount for it), so I could illustrate all 3.

That would be a good read, mind shooting me a pm when you have it up?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Photography
Overclock.net › Forums › Consumer Electronics › Photography › ( Answered ) Help Lutro0 Out. Cant decide and need some profesh help.