Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Monitors and Displays › Achieva Shimian Monitor Club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Achieva Shimian Monitor Club - Page 139

post #1381 of 3508
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpringHalo View Post

The power brick that comes with them has a standard power cable attachment, and they include a power cable that connects that to a korean power plug. The bricks are rated for 110-220v, so all you need is an extra PSU cable or something to plug into the brick, then you'll be set!

Awesome, thank you!
My System
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 2500k Biostar TP67XE SLI EVGA GTX 580 SC 8GB Gskill 
Hard DriveCoolingPowerCase
Crucial M4 + 1TB Spinpoint Corsair H100 Coolermaster 1000w Corsair 500r white 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 2500k Biostar TP67XE SLI EVGA GTX 580 SC 8GB Gskill 
Hard DriveCoolingPowerCase
Crucial M4 + 1TB Spinpoint Corsair H100 Coolermaster 1000w Corsair 500r white 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1382 of 3508
Anyone know any good tilt/rotate stands that would be good for the shimian lite? Just in case I feel like the inability to tilt drives me crazy when I get my monitor soon
post #1383 of 3508
Guys, I got a refund from red-cap cause he wanted an extra $80 to ship the monitor to Argentina.

Would you say the stand is wobbly as the Catleap's?
I'm going to get the cheaper one with dvi-d and no tempered glass I find, from either green-sum or bigclothcraft (if they free ship it my way)

Do you know if the models with hdmi AND dvi-d / d-sub suffer from input lag like the hdmi only models?

Thanks!

EDIT: I just noticed that those Shimian lite are going for 240 + shipping. Is there anything wrong with those? also, the seller is dhsummer. Would you reccomend him guys or should I stay away from this item?
Edited by ivanlabrie - 8/23/12 at 1:43pm
post #1384 of 3508
Quote:
Originally Posted by slicetank View Post

Anyone know any good tilt/rotate stands that would be good for the shimian lite? Just in case I feel like the inability to tilt drives me crazy when I get my monitor soon

I picked up a couple of these 3M stands for my Shimians. They work great. The only problem is that for some reason the vesa mount holes on the monitor are very shallow, so I had to go to Lowes and pick up some smaller M4 screws for mounting onto the stand.

http://www.amazon.com/3M-Easy-Adjust-Monitor-Stand-MS110MB/dp/B0013CD0DI/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1345754577&sr=8-1&keywords=3m+lcd+stand
post #1385 of 3508
Quote:
Originally Posted by slicetank View Post

Anyone know any good tilt/rotate stands that would be good for the shimian lite? Just in case I feel like the inability to tilt drives me crazy when I get my monitor soon
They tilt. Why do you believe they don't.
post #1386 of 3508
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsmoother2012 View Post

They tilt. Why do you believe they don't.

ah didn't know they did

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeh1974 View Post

I picked up a couple of these 3M stands for my Shimians. They work great. The only problem is that for some reason the vesa mount holes on the monitor are very shallow, so I had to go to Lowes and pick up some smaller M4 screws for mounting onto the stand.
http://www.amazon.com/3M-Easy-Adjust-Monitor-Stand-MS110MB/dp/B0013CD0DI/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1345754577&sr=8-1&keywords=3m+lcd+stand

Thanks
post #1387 of 3508
Im selling them because I was running triple monitor for games and It was starting to give me headaches after an hour of gaming, so I end up going back to single monitor, my wife took one and I got my 30'' back



post #1388 of 3508
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElevenEleven View Post

Yep, I definitely see better colors with my upgraded DVI cable vs. "stock"
Try these profiles. There are probably more now, as I put this compilation together a while ago:
http://www.overclock.net/t/1215866/reviewed-400-2560x1440-ips-no-ag-90hz-achieva-shimian-qh270-and-catleap-q270/3850#post_17335744
This could be helpful as well:
http://www.tftcentral.co.uk/articles/icc_profiles.htm

Referring to your "stock" DVI cable do you mean the one that was shipped with your monitor? Which one did you upgrade to? I mean, is it a smaller gauge, better fitting connectors?

I am getting very close to buying one and am trying to get everything else ordered around the same time that I may need.

Thanks.
Puffy
Hackintosh 2
(13 items)
 
Hackintosh
(13 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7-960 Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD5 None at the moment Mushkin Enhanced Redline 12GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Crucial M4 512GB SSD Samsung 830 128GB SSD Seagate Barracuda 1.5TB x4 (RAID) Noctua NH-D14 
OSMonitorPowerCase
OS X Mountain Lion 10.8 Achieva Shimian 27" 1440p QH270-IPSBS Kingwin LZP-1000 Antec P280 
Other
Highpoint Rocketraid 4310 HW Raid Card 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 930 Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD5 XFX 8800GT 512MB Alpha Dog Mushkin DDR3 1333 6GB (3x2GB) 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSKeyboard
WD Velociraptor 300GB Sony Optiarc LightScribe Mac OS X Apple Keyboard w/ Numeric Keypad 
PowerCaseMouse
Silverstone DA700 Antec P183 Razer DeathAdder 
  hide details  
Reply
Hackintosh 2
(13 items)
 
Hackintosh
(13 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7-960 Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD5 None at the moment Mushkin Enhanced Redline 12GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Crucial M4 512GB SSD Samsung 830 128GB SSD Seagate Barracuda 1.5TB x4 (RAID) Noctua NH-D14 
OSMonitorPowerCase
OS X Mountain Lion 10.8 Achieva Shimian 27" 1440p QH270-IPSBS Kingwin LZP-1000 Antec P280 
Other
Highpoint Rocketraid 4310 HW Raid Card 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 930 Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD5 XFX 8800GT 512MB Alpha Dog Mushkin DDR3 1333 6GB (3x2GB) 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSKeyboard
WD Velociraptor 300GB Sony Optiarc LightScribe Mac OS X Apple Keyboard w/ Numeric Keypad 
PowerCaseMouse
Silverstone DA700 Antec P183 Razer DeathAdder 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1389 of 3508
I bought a ACHIEVA Shimian QH270-Lite from dream-seller recently. Still waiting for it to come in. Paid on 8/17 and it's supposed to arrive on 8/29. There is communication and a working tracking number but I'm still a little deflated after reading all the miraculous reports of people getting their monitors from this vendor in 48 hours. I'll simply take that as additional evidence that I'm unlucky. I did, however, get the pixel perfect one. I hope I will be impressed.
PC
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-3770k ASRock Extreme4 Z77 7970 3GB Corsair 4GBx2 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
7K1000.D Vertex 4 128GB Random DVD Thing NZXT Havik 140 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 ACHIEVA Shimian 2560x1440 G110 Thermaltake TPX-675M 
Case
500R 
  hide details  
Reply
PC
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-3770k ASRock Extreme4 Z77 7970 3GB Corsair 4GBx2 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
7K1000.D Vertex 4 128GB Random DVD Thing NZXT Havik 140 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 ACHIEVA Shimian 2560x1440 G110 Thermaltake TPX-675M 
Case
500R 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1390 of 3508
Quote:
Originally Posted by giver660 View Post

I bought a ACHIEVA Shimian QH270-Lite from dream-seller recently. Still waiting for it to come in. Paid on 8/17 and it's supposed to arrive on 8/29. There is communication and a working tracking number but I'm still a little deflated after reading all the miraculous reports of people getting their monitors from this vendor in 48 hours. I'll simply take that as additional evidence that I'm unlucky. I did, however, get the pixel perfect one. I hope I will be impressed.

I ordered one also from dream-seller on 8/18 and am receiving it on 8/29. What a pain in the ass. I wanted to have it this weekend for Guild Wars 2.

You get the perfect pixel one?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Monitors and Displays
Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Monitors and Displays › Achieva Shimian Monitor Club