Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Monitors and Displays › Achieva Shimian Monitor Club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Achieva Shimian Monitor Club - Page 280

post #2791 of 3508
Green-sum does not answer as to where I have to deliver my monitor to for him to get fixed its getting frustrating
post #2792 of 3508
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koehler View Post

We've had 1080p displays for like a decade. No-one is trying to develop 4K content. All movies have been recorded at 1080p for decades.
I don't see it changing anytime soon. Especially when you need a huge monitor to view 4K content because at 27 inches, 4K would make all text too tiny to read.
Please, distinguish being recorded at 1080p and being downloadable at 1080p.
A computer
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-3770K GIGABYTE Z68XP-UD3 Gigabyte GTX780ti 4x4GB Kingston Fury 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Western Digital Green OCZ Vertex 4 - 128 GB Don't have Hyper 212+ EVO 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Win 10 Dell U2713HM Steelseries 6GV2 Corsair 650W 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Corsair 300R Logitech G502 SS Qck Cheap 5.1 speakers/HD 558 
  hide details  
Reply
A computer
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-3770K GIGABYTE Z68XP-UD3 Gigabyte GTX780ti 4x4GB Kingston Fury 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Western Digital Green OCZ Vertex 4 - 128 GB Don't have Hyper 212+ EVO 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Win 10 Dell U2713HM Steelseries 6GV2 Corsair 650W 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Corsair 300R Logitech G502 SS Qck Cheap 5.1 speakers/HD 558 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2793 of 3508
I just received my Shimian from red-cap on ebay. I used a cable from my old monitor for the power supply to fit US outlets.

Once I turned it on it looked ok but started flickering on the left half then just kinda sits with a darker tint on that side now. I've tried different outlets thinking it was a power issue. Am I using the wrong cable? I'm running it into a 5870 with the dvi-d it came with. Should I try another dvi cable?

Any thoughts?

Edit: So after more time to look at the issue. It starts happening after 2-3 minutes once I turn it on after it has been off for a while. Before that it looks fine. I'm thinking its a connection issue inside or some kind of heat problem.
Edited by Sociocd - 12/13/12 at 8:31pm
post #2794 of 3508
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sociocd View Post

I just received my Shimian from red-cap on ebay. I used a cable from my old monitor for the power supply to fit US outlets.
Once I turned it on it looked ok but started flickering on the left half then just kinda sits with a darker tint on that side now. I've tried different outlets thinking it was a power issue. Am I using the wrong cable? I'm running it into a 5870 with the dvi-d it came with. Should I try another dvi cable?
Any thoughts?
I think someone had similar issue not long ago, he probably RMAd it
A computer
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-3770K GIGABYTE Z68XP-UD3 Gigabyte GTX780ti 4x4GB Kingston Fury 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Western Digital Green OCZ Vertex 4 - 128 GB Don't have Hyper 212+ EVO 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Win 10 Dell U2713HM Steelseries 6GV2 Corsair 650W 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Corsair 300R Logitech G502 SS Qck Cheap 5.1 speakers/HD 558 
  hide details  
Reply
A computer
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-3770K GIGABYTE Z68XP-UD3 Gigabyte GTX780ti 4x4GB Kingston Fury 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Western Digital Green OCZ Vertex 4 - 128 GB Don't have Hyper 212+ EVO 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Win 10 Dell U2713HM Steelseries 6GV2 Corsair 650W 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Corsair 300R Logitech G502 SS Qck Cheap 5.1 speakers/HD 558 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2795 of 3508
edit edit editedit edit editedit edit editedit edit editedit edit edit
Edited by B-13 - 3/10/13 at 8:24pm
post #2796 of 3508
*UPDATE* got a new dvi-d cable still has the problem
heres picture of bottom of screen showing the taskbar and below that is whats on top of screen google chrome window in this case..
http://i.imgur.com/0L0lr.jpg=20
http://i.imgur.com/YuVjm.jpg



''I just got my achieva shimian and mine has a problem that I cant seem to figure out,
Everything looks great and have no stuck pixels
BUT on the bottom of the screen there is a line id say 2 pixels high that goes all the way from left to right , the line is showing what would be at the top of the screen.

Its wrapping the image from the top and putting it on the bottom , but i am not missing anything on the top of the screen at all (i can move mouse cursor to top edge of screen and see all of it on the top of the screen. but also see the tip of it on the bottom of screen)
(Does it in bios even)

like with a window full sized i can see the top of the window open (can see red x close window button and tabs ect.) on the very bottom of my screen in the 2 pixel high line .

Sorry for writing the same description three different times lol. Hard to explain and screen capture doesnt show it happening.

Has anyone else experienced this? Know if its possible to fix? '''
post #2797 of 3508
Quote:
Originally Posted by yodapwnedjoo View Post

*UPDATE* got a new dvi-d cable still has the problem
heres picture of bottom of screen showing the taskbar and below that is whats on top of screen google chrome window in this case..
http://i.imgur.com/0L0lr.jpg=20
http://i.imgur.com/YuVjm.jpg
''I just got my achieva shimian and mine has a problem that I cant seem to figure out,
Everything looks great and have no stuck pixels
BUT on the bottom of the screen there is a line id say 2 pixels high that goes all the way from left to right , the line is showing what would be at the top of the screen.
Its wrapping the image from the top and putting it on the bottom , but i am not missing anything on the top of the screen at all (i can move mouse cursor to top edge of screen and see all of it on the top of the screen. but also see the tip of it on the bottom of screen)
(Does it in bios even)
like with a window full sized i can see the top of the window open (can see red x close window button and tabs ect.) on the very bottom of my screen in the 2 pixel high line .
Sorry for writing the same description three different times lol. Hard to explain and screen capture doesnt show it happening.
Has anyone else experienced this? Know if its possible to fix? '''

i've read this entire post and don't recall seeing a similar issue. i would contact the seller...

i know people are much less likely to post here unless they have a problem, but it seems like everybody buying these over the past couple of months are having issues...
My System
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 920 (C0/C1) @ 4.01ghz HT on Asus Sabertooth x58 SLi EVGA GTX 670 FTW's Kingston HyperX 12GB (3 x 4GB) 1600 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Crucial M4 128gb SSD 1TB WD Black 3TB Seagate Barracuda  Corsair H60  
OSMonitorPowerCase
Win 7 Pro x64 Achieva Shimian 27" 2560x1440 Corsair HX1050 Thor V2 
Audio
Creative Sound Blaster Recon3D THX 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 920 (C0/C1) @ 4.01ghz HT on Asus Sabertooth x58 SLi EVGA GTX 670 FTW's Kingston HyperX 12GB (3 x 4GB) 1600 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Crucial M4 128gb SSD 1TB WD Black 3TB Seagate Barracuda  Corsair H60  
OSMonitorPowerCase
Win 7 Pro x64 Achieva Shimian 27" 2560x1440 Corsair HX1050 Thor V2 
Audio
Creative Sound Blaster Recon3D THX 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2798 of 3508
*update*

So I just got my new shimian lite. Ordered it on a Monday, shipped on a Tuesday and delivered early Thursday morning... talk about fast. Apparently it would have been faster too but they said checking the monitor requires an additional day. The package came wrapped in an additional foam layer. I have to say, this screen just blows me away. The quality and resolution of this thing for the price is just amazing. I was going to order the glass panel one, but decided against it at the last minute because i really didn't want the dust / water streak issues. That said, I was expecting the screen to have a matte finish, but it's actually glossy which I really like. I don't regret buying the lite at all!

Quality: So far I have absolutely 0 dead pixels, which is the thing I was worried about most. There's a very negligible amount of backlight bleeding on the bottom right corner but it can only be seen with black background and even then, only at certain angles. There are no strange noises, the BIOS splash screen shows. Also, I was expecting the stand to be extremely flimsy but it's not actually that bad at all IMO. I can shake my table and it doesn't wiggle around that much at all. My screen has been on for a few hours now, and the power brick is only luke-warm.

Issues: One issue I encountered was that I had the monitor plugged into the dual link DVI-I slot at first. I then got the 'blinking blue led' problem some other people mentioned here. After changing to the dual link DVI-D slot the monitor works perfectly.

I opted for bigclothcraft on ebay even though they are more expensive than sellers like red-cap, dreamseller and green-sum because of their reputation and they really did not let me down. I'll give it a few weeks before leaving my feedback on ebay, but so far this thing is just working beautifully.



Edit: I'm really wondering about the power brick though. It says:

Input: AC 230V ~ 50/60hz 1.2A
Output: DC 24V, 5A

I'm wondering if there will be any long term problems using this brick, since input voltage in canada is AC 120V. Will I need a stepup/stepdown transformer for this?

I looked up the adapter on google and this ebay listing came up: http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Global-AC-Adapter-Nanjing-Frontek-FPS0120-05A-FPS012005A-Power-Supply-Cord-/400349820155#ht_2823wt_1365

It says that the adapter is 100-240V AC. Around google lots of people say that this brick should be ok, but i'm still not very sure
Edited by deepanchor - 12/13/12 at 3:16pm
post #2799 of 3508
Quote:
Originally Posted by deepanchor View Post

*update*
So I just got my new shimian lite. Ordered it on a Monday, shipped on a Tuesday and delivered early Thursday morning... talk about fast. Apparently it would have been faster too but they said checking the monitor requires an additional day. The package came wrapped in an additional foam layer. I have to say, this screen just blows me away. The quality and resolution of this thing for the price is just amazing. I was going to order the glass panel one, but decided against it at the last minute because i really didn't want the dust / water streak issues. That said, I was expecting the screen to have a matte finish, but it's actually glossy which I really like. I don't regret buying the lite at all!
Quality: So far I have absolutely 0 dead pixels, which is the thing I was worried about most. There's a very negligible amount of backlight bleeding on the bottom right corner but it can only be seen with black background and even then, only at certain angles. There are no strange noises, the BIOS splash screen shows. Also, I was expecting the stand to be extremely flimsy but it's not actually that bad at all IMO. I can shake my table and it doesn't wiggle around that much at all. My screen has been on for a few hours now, and the power brick is only luke-warm.
Issues: One issue I encountered was that I had the monitor plugged into the dual link DVI-I slot at first. I then got the 'blinking blue led' problem some other people mentioned here. After changing to the dual link DVI-D slot the monitor works perfectly.
I opted for bigclothcraft on ebay even though they are more expensive than sellers like red-cap, dreamseller and green-sum because of their reputation and they really did not let me down. I'll give it a few weeks before leaving my feedback on ebay, but so far this thing is just working beautifully.
Edit: I'm really wondering about the power brick though. It says:
Input: AC 230V ~ 50/60hz 1.2A
Output: DC 24V, 5A
I'm wondering if there will be any long term problems using this brick, since input voltage in canada is AC 120V. Will I need a stepup/stepdown transformer for this?
I looked up the adapter on google and this ebay listing came up: http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Global-AC-Adapter-Nanjing-Frontek-FPS0120-05A-FPS012005A-Power-Supply-Cord-/400349820155#ht_2823wt_1365
It says that the adapter is 100-240V AC. Around google lots of people say that this brick should be ok, but i'm still not very sure

The Korean monitors usually have no problems with dead pixels but some reported slight backlight bleeding.

Most monitors have backlight bleeding though so I'm curious to see how much backlight bleeding is there.
post #2800 of 3508
mad.gif Can someone test this for me?? Press power on your Achievia Shimian Monitor and when you do and the computer is off, should you get a back-light??

Trying to figure out if my back-light is toast or not, so I don't have to pay out the butt for round-trip shipping fee's. The seller says it may be my power prick, but the brick is reading 23.7v strong and I do get a blue light, but then quickly turn red... Confused please reply and help me out... thanks

Tested dvi cables and they seem both to work on single link monitors...I know that doesn't mean anything, but the back-light seems to be the issue.[/SI
ZE]
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Monitors and Displays
Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Monitors and Displays › Achieva Shimian Monitor Club