Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Video Game News › [BF3Blog] Battlefield 3 Close Quarters: Ziba Tower Trailer
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[BF3Blog] Battlefield 3 Close Quarters: Ziba Tower Trailer - Page 16

post #151 of 259
Oh my.. Another BF3 thread and a lot of the same people complaining. xD

I'm personally excited for this. Not only because I love playing with new guns, but because sometimes I don't feel like playing large maps. Sometimes it's nice to unwind with a little close-quarters combat. So.. there may be times when people spam explosives but, you know, there's always servers that don't allow that kind of stuff. It's fun to have variety so I'm not always forced to play one thing or another. I can simply play what I'm in the mood for. I don't mind BF3 going in a new direction as long as DICE doesn't abandon their roots. They definitely haven't seeing as the next DLC after this one will be strictly vehicle warfare based, meaning the maps should be fairly big.

I thank DICE that BF3 is not and never will be anything like Call Of Duty. It doesn't have the things that make Call of Duty so frustrating. Things like laser-rifles, kill-streaks, death-streaks, panic knifers, etc. All of those things just don't exist in Battlefield. I also thank them for supporting the game so well; keeping us well-informed on what changes the game is going through and patching what needs to be patched. I'm especially excited for that massive patch that was just submitted for certification! I'm really excited for that since DICE has been working on it so hard the past couple of months and perfecting it instead of just rushing it out, especially when some awfully disrespectful and entitled members of the community cried out for attention.

tongue.gif
post #152 of 259
Gun options fill in the gap with COD players. I'll buy thumb.gif
 
Alienware 13
(10 items)
 
Alienware Alpha
(6 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 4770k @4.0Ghz MSI Z87 G65 EVGA 980Ti Classified+EVGA 660SC PhysX G.Skill Trident X 16GB @2400Mhz 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Corsair 480GB+1TB WD Black Corsair H100 W10 Pro|Start10 U2713HM+U22 LED+ACz1 Mount 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
RealForce 87U 55g  Corsair HX1050 Corsair 650D Razer DeathAdder+Firefly 
Audio
STX+SP2500, Asgard 2+HD650 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Intel i7 6500U nVidia GTX 960m OC Samsung 16GB 1.35v M.2 850 EVO 500GB+1TB WD 
OSMonitorKeyboard
W10|Start 10 IPS 4k, Touch Alienware FX 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Intel i7 4785T @3.2Ghz 8MB nVidia 860m OC vBIOS mod HyperX Impact 16GB DDR3 256GB Samsung SSD+1TB HDD 
OSAudio
W10|Start 10 DragonFly v1.2 
  hide details  
Reply
 
Alienware 13
(10 items)
 
Alienware Alpha
(6 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 4770k @4.0Ghz MSI Z87 G65 EVGA 980Ti Classified+EVGA 660SC PhysX G.Skill Trident X 16GB @2400Mhz 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Corsair 480GB+1TB WD Black Corsair H100 W10 Pro|Start10 U2713HM+U22 LED+ACz1 Mount 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
RealForce 87U 55g  Corsair HX1050 Corsair 650D Razer DeathAdder+Firefly 
Audio
STX+SP2500, Asgard 2+HD650 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Intel i7 6500U nVidia GTX 960m OC Samsung 16GB 1.35v M.2 850 EVO 500GB+1TB WD 
OSMonitorKeyboard
W10|Start 10 IPS 4k, Touch Alienware FX 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Intel i7 4785T @3.2Ghz 8MB nVidia 860m OC vBIOS mod HyperX Impact 16GB DDR3 256GB Samsung SSD+1TB HDD 
OSAudio
W10|Start 10 DragonFly v1.2 
  hide details  
Reply
post #153 of 259
more cluster f'd maps and guns for them to not balance rolleyes.gif
Edited by rtzero - 3/13/12 at 7:01pm
post #154 of 259
And you guys complain COD has DLC map-packs. Isn't this essentially the same thing?
Trollin'
(14 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 3570k @4.6ghz ASRock Z77 Extreme4  EVGA GTX 670 Samsung 8GB DDR3 1600 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 840 Pro 128GB WD Green 2TB Corsair H80 Windows 7 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Realforce 87u PCP&C MkIII 600w Antec 1100 Logitech Performance MX 
Mouse PadAudio
Steelseries Qck+ Klipsch Promedia 2.1 
CPURAMHard Drive
i5 3210M 8GB 1600mhz 500gb 
  hide details  
Reply
Trollin'
(14 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 3570k @4.6ghz ASRock Z77 Extreme4  EVGA GTX 670 Samsung 8GB DDR3 1600 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 840 Pro 128GB WD Green 2TB Corsair H80 Windows 7 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Realforce 87u PCP&C MkIII 600w Antec 1100 Logitech Performance MX 
Mouse PadAudio
Steelseries Qck+ Klipsch Promedia 2.1 
CPURAMHard Drive
i5 3210M 8GB 1600mhz 500gb 
  hide details  
Reply
post #155 of 259
Quote:
Originally Posted by rtzero View Post

more cluster f'd maps great rolleyes.gif
and more guns for them to not balance

You means like the guns they're totally not not balancing this upcoming patch? xD Even if the FAMAS was a little over-powered, it was still only a tiny bit better than the other guns. I've never felt the need to use one gun over another in order to gain the edge.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imports>Muscles View Post

And you guys complain COD has DLC map-packs. Isn't this essentially the same thing?

Nope, it's not.
post #156 of 259
Quote:
Originally Posted by GanjaSMK View Post

lachen.gif
Be sure to teach all your public squad mates what your personalized short hand code is for easy-to-remember, quality communication on targets and sites. thumb.gif

True.thumbsupsmiley.png
post #157 of 259
Quote:
Originally Posted by naizarak View Post

this franchise is dead. x2.

It's hanging on by a thread.

I don't mind small maps but the name of the game is Battlefield and it would be great if they focused on BF orientated elements before they feed the CODies. This game has always been large scale, we already have 10 first person shooters that mimic COD.
It's mind blowing that there are so many people who will blindly support this. This game is blatantly trying to tap into the COD fan base and shoving it's history, previous fan base and everything that made Battlefield-Battlefield to the side.

This series is going to be known as the little whimpering dog that wanted a piece of COD's bone because it couldn't get it's own. It's sickening.
post #158 of 259
Quote:
Originally Posted by pengs View Post

It's hanging on by a thread.
I don't mind small maps but the name of the game is Battlefield and it would be great if they focused on BF orientated elements before they feed the CODies. This game has always been large scale, we already have 10 first person shooters that mimic COD.
It's mind blowing that there are so many people who will blindly support this. This game is blatantly trying to tap into the COD fan base and shoving it's history, previous fan base and everything that made Battlefield-Battlefield to the side.
This series is going to be known as the little whimpering dog that wanted a piece of COD's bone because it couldn't get it's own. It's sickening.

Its our fault not DICE, they said their are releasing the CQC dlc before the vehicle themed DLC because metro is the most played bf3 map, people play garbage point whoring maps like that and then so they are just delivering what the masses want, even if a fair bit of those are cod migrants
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flack88 View Post

This is the problem imo, people who dont buy this/other DLC will be at a disadvantage in the game because you will have all the better weapons.
Essentially 'trying' to force people who wont bend over for EA to pay for......some guns. The same thing happened in BF2 with the expansions.

This is completely not true, none of the BTK guns are overpowered, this guy clearly wants a tavor because its probably a favorite gun of his irl or something. Sounds like you just have a grudge against BF3 and are looking for any reason to lay into it.
Redbox
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 2500k @4.5ghz Asus P8P67 GTX 970 Strix 12GB Gskill Ripjaws ddr3 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Crucial M500 Caviar Black 1TB Western Digital 500G DVD multirecorder 
OSPowerCase
Windows 7 Professional 64bit edition Antec Truepower 650 watt HAF 932 Black Edition 
  hide details  
Reply
Redbox
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 2500k @4.5ghz Asus P8P67 GTX 970 Strix 12GB Gskill Ripjaws ddr3 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Crucial M500 Caviar Black 1TB Western Digital 500G DVD multirecorder 
OSPowerCase
Windows 7 Professional 64bit edition Antec Truepower 650 watt HAF 932 Black Edition 
  hide details  
Reply
post #159 of 259
Quote:
Originally Posted by sausageson View Post

Its our fault not DICE, they said their are releasing the CQC dlc before the vehicle themed DLC because metro is the most played bf3 map, people play garbage point whoring maps like that and then so they are just delivering what the masses want, even if a fair bit of those are cod migrants

Well, It's a little of both. EA came out just about a month ago praising Activision and talking about how they'd like to take a slice of the pie with the BF series. The publishers sure as heck aren't helping the situation.
post #160 of 259
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soggyoggy View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by spice003 View Post

looks like COD no thanx

I was just about to say, it looks like they are trying to cater to the COD type of players on this DLC. Not saying I dislike one or the other but it seems to get away from what BF really is, a team game. Then again there isn't much team play going on anyways it seems like now a days.

No, what Battlefield is, is every man, woman, or child for themselves vs the cheaters, as it has always been since the beginning...

Teamwork means nothing, even with motion sensors cheaters win every time...

I have witnessed the cheaters knife my whole squad in seconds so many times it's sickening...

You cannot win, you can only hope to "Get Lucky" A LOT vs these cheaters spamming 40mm and carrying Uzis so you can spray and pray...

Offline though, yeah it's a team sport with bots, hoorah (so exciting, not)..

At least offline it's entertaining, online it's a fight just to stay alive for a few minutes, and you will have to do your best to not die... (Don't get me wrong I have high ranking soldiers, it's not like I'm a noob)

With all that said, if indeed there are no cheaters on the server, then yeah, team work means everything...
Not to say you are wrong, but you aren't 100% correct either..
Edited by _GTech - 3/13/12 at 8:09pm
The Rock
(15 items)
 
  
Reply
The Rock
(15 items)
 
  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Video Game News
Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Video Game News › [BF3Blog] Battlefield 3 Close Quarters: Ziba Tower Trailer