Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › NVIDIA › Blue screens
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Blue screens

post #1 of 32
Thread Starter 
030112-16926-01.zip 17k .zip file Keep getting this blue screen out of nowhere... While playing wow.
Just started like a hour ago
The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x00000116 (0xfffffa8006fdb010, 0xfffff88010e75ae4, 0xffffffffc000009a, 0x0000000000000004). A dump was saved in: C:\Windows\MEMORY.DMP. Report Id: 031312-12339-01.



0x101 = increase vcore
0x124 = increase/decrease vcore or QPI/VTT...have to test to see which one it is
0x0A = unstable RAM/IMC, increase QPI first, if that doesn't work increase vcore
0x1E = increase vcore
0x3B = increase vcore
0xD1 = QPI/VTT, increase/decrease as necessary
0x9C = QPI/VTT most likely, but increasing vcore has helped in some instances
0x50 = RAM timings/Frequency or uncore multi unstable, increase RAM voltage or adjust QPI/VTT, or lower uncore if you're higher than 2x
0x116 = Low IOH (NB) voltage, GPU issue (most common when running multi-GPU/overclocking GPU)
0x00000109 = Not enough or too Much memory voltage
0x7E = System Drivers issue
0x24 = Disk corruption (Did you OC the PCI-E bus?)

Are all the codes i know
Card is not overclocked, it is not overheating.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Edited by solar0987 - 3/13/12 at 11:35am
post #2 of 32
Hello! smile.gif
Can you please navigate to C:/Windows/Minidump and zip / rar up your latest dump files? Once you've done that, please attach the zip / rar to your post by clicking the paperclip icon in the reply / post box.
post #3 of 32
As E-Peen says, upload the minidump file. smile.gif

Anyhow, right of the bat - try reinstalling your video cards drivers. If you don't have the newest, update to it. If you have recently updated it - try reinstalling, if it still happens then, move back to a previous version of the driver.

Anyhow, will be easier to determen the cause closed with the minidump file. thumb.gif
     
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel® Core i7-3930K Processor OC@4.25Ghz ASUS RAMPAGE IV EXTREME/BF3, Socket-2011 HIS Radeon HD 7970 3GB GDDR5 x2 in CrossX Corsair XMS3 1866MHz 8GB Vengeance CL9 x2 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Western Digital Caviar® Black 250GB Western Digital Caviar® Green 250GB Seagate FreeAgent® GoFlex Desk 2TB ASUS BW-12B1LT, Blu-Ray Writer 
CoolingOSKeyboardPower
Corsair H100 Hydro Series Windows 7 Ultimate x64 Corsair Vengeance K60 Performance Corsair AX 1200W PSU 
CaseMouseMouse Pad
Lian Li PC-V2120B Big Tower Razer Mamba 4G Gaming Mouse SteelSeries QCK 
  hide details  
Reply
     
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel® Core i7-3930K Processor OC@4.25Ghz ASUS RAMPAGE IV EXTREME/BF3, Socket-2011 HIS Radeon HD 7970 3GB GDDR5 x2 in CrossX Corsair XMS3 1866MHz 8GB Vengeance CL9 x2 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Western Digital Caviar® Black 250GB Western Digital Caviar® Green 250GB Seagate FreeAgent® GoFlex Desk 2TB ASUS BW-12B1LT, Blu-Ray Writer 
CoolingOSKeyboardPower
Corsair H100 Hydro Series Windows 7 Ultimate x64 Corsair Vengeance K60 Performance Corsair AX 1200W PSU 
CaseMouseMouse Pad
Lian Li PC-V2120B Big Tower Razer Mamba 4G Gaming Mouse SteelSeries QCK 
  hide details  
Reply
post #4 of 32
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by E-Peen View Post

Hello! smile.gif
Can you please navigate to C:/Windows/Minidump and zip / rar up your latest dump files? Once you've done that, please attach the zip / rar to your post by clicking the paperclip icon in the reply / post box.

I added it
post #5 of 32
Before we begin, I ask you do the following:

1. If any of your hardware is overclocked, PLEASE reset it to stock settings / optimized defaults whilst trying to diagnose BSOD related issues. You're absolutely more than welcome to re-overclock your hardware after we've gone through your issues.

2. If you have RAID, please update its driver. If you're unsure of how to do this or where to download the drivers, please don't hesitate to ask and I will do my best to point you in the right direction.

The dump file you've attached shows rdyboost.sys as the culprit, most likely something is causing that specific service to crash, I doubt it's the service itself. It usually never is.

If your system isn't overclocked, I'd like you to do the following"
Quote:

Memtest:

Read the following to test your memory for errors.

Driver Verifier:

Read the following to enable Driver Verifier. Use Driver Second if Memtest finds nothing, as it's likely a software / driver issue, we just aren't being told what it is, and hopefully Driver Verifier will than force a crash if it finds the violating driver.

Before enabling Driver Verifier, my recommendation is to set a backup / restore point as in severe cases Driver Verifier can break your Windows. If you have difficulty getting into Windows, boot into Safe Mode and disable Driver Verifier there.
post #6 of 32
heres the full list from M$.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/ms681382(v=vs.85).aspx




ERROR_INVALID_EA_HANDLE 278 (0x116)

The specified extended attribute handle is invalid.


no idea whats that about tho sorry
Black 775
(6 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Pentium E6700 G41M-VS3. NVIDIA GeForce 9600 GSO 512 Corsair  
RAMHard Drive
Corsair  crucial M4 
  hide details  
Reply
Black 775
(6 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Pentium E6700 G41M-VS3. NVIDIA GeForce 9600 GSO 512 Corsair  
RAMHard Drive
Corsair  crucial M4 
  hide details  
Reply
post #7 of 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmckoy View Post

heres the full list from M$.
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/ms681382(v=vs.85).aspx
ERROR_INVALID_EA_HANDLE 278 (0x116)
The specified extended attribute handle is invalid.

no idea whats that about tho sorry

It's actually not a 116 stop code, heh... it's an A bugcheck.
post #8 of 32
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by E-Peen View Post

Before we begin, I ask you do the following:
1. If any of your hardware is overclocked, PLEASE reset it to stock settings / optimized defaults whilst trying to diagnose BSOD related issues. You're absolutely more than welcome to re-overclock your hardware after we've gone through your issues.
2. If you have RAID, please update its driver. If you're unsure of how to do this or where to download the drivers, please don't hesitate to ask and I will do my best to point you in the right direction.
The dump file you've attached shows rdyboost.sys as the culprit, most likely something is causing that specific service to crash, I doubt it's the service itself. It usually never is.
If your system isn't overclocked, I'd like you to do the following"
Quote:
Memtest:
Read the following to test your memory for errors.
Driver Verifier:
Read the following to enable Driver Verifier. Use Driver Second if Memtest finds nothing, as it's likely a software / driver issue, we just aren't being told what it is, and hopefully Driver Verifier will than force a crash if it finds the violating driver.
Before enabling Driver Verifier, my recommendation is to set a backup / restore point as in severe cases Driver Verifier can break your Windows. If you have difficulty getting into Windows, boot into Safe Mode and disable Driver Verifier there.

Ran memtest last night 0 errors

no raid
nothing is overclocked atm
did the driver verifier now what?
it just did it again i also updated my gfx drivers to the current ones
post #9 of 32
When Driver Verifier is enabled, if it finds a faulting driver it'll force a BSOD and generate a verifier enabled dump. Once it has done that, attach it.
post #10 of 32
Thread Starter 
dump 030112-16926-01 (2).zip 17k .zip file
but its the same dump as before
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: NVIDIA
Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › NVIDIA › Blue screens