Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Hardware News › [Evga] New and Improved EVGA Global Warranty
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Evga] New and Improved EVGA Global Warranty - Page 11

post #101 of 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiphos View Post

I think days of lifetime warranty are over?

latest top of the line card gtx 680 have a KR suffix.
EVGA 02G-P4-2680-KR
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814130768

KR = 3 years.
with option to upgrade to 5 years for an extra $25, and 10 years for $50.

Wait...if that's the case, then this "new" EVGA warranty is in fact no better than the 3-year, serial # based (transferrable) warranties that Asus and MSI have had for a long time now.
5 GHz SFF Box
(18 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i7-2700K @ 5.0 GHz, 1.38V Asus Maximus IV GENE Asus GTX 670 DC II 4x4GB Samsung 30nm @ DDR3-2133 9-9-9-21 1.5V 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Plextor M3 SSD WD Velociraptor 500GB WD Caviar Black 1TB WD Caviar Green 2TB 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Thermalright HR-02 (GT AP-15 Push/Pull) Windows 7 Pro x64 LG 27" 2560x1440 S-IPS (Calibrated with Eye-One) CM Quickfire Rapid 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Seasonic X-750 Silverstone SG09 Logitech MX518 Steelseries QcK 
Audio
Asus Xonar DX + Shure SRH840 
CPUMotherboardRAMHard Drive
Core i5-3570K Gigabyte H61N-USB3 Mini-ITX 2x4GB Samsung 30nm DDR3 Samsung 830 128GB SSD 
Hard DriveOSPowerCase
WD Scorpio Blue 500GB Win 7 Pro x64 Antec 90W DC-DC/Delta power brick Antec ISK 110 
  hide details  
Reply
5 GHz SFF Box
(18 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i7-2700K @ 5.0 GHz, 1.38V Asus Maximus IV GENE Asus GTX 670 DC II 4x4GB Samsung 30nm @ DDR3-2133 9-9-9-21 1.5V 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Plextor M3 SSD WD Velociraptor 500GB WD Caviar Black 1TB WD Caviar Green 2TB 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Thermalright HR-02 (GT AP-15 Push/Pull) Windows 7 Pro x64 LG 27" 2560x1440 S-IPS (Calibrated with Eye-One) CM Quickfire Rapid 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Seasonic X-750 Silverstone SG09 Logitech MX518 Steelseries QcK 
Audio
Asus Xonar DX + Shure SRH840 
CPUMotherboardRAMHard Drive
Core i5-3570K Gigabyte H61N-USB3 Mini-ITX 2x4GB Samsung 30nm DDR3 Samsung 830 128GB SSD 
Hard DriveOSPowerCase
WD Scorpio Blue 500GB Win 7 Pro x64 Antec 90W DC-DC/Delta power brick Antec ISK 110 
  hide details  
Reply
post #102 of 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by 996gt2 View Post

Wait...if that's the case, then this "new" EVGA warranty is in fact no better than the 3-year, serial # based (transferrable) warranties that Asus and MSI have had for a long time now.

Yes but have options to extend that warranty as mentioned above your post.

Prior to this people stayed away from EVGA because it was non-transferable and they couldn't resell to other people who didn't want to take their chance without any warranty. Whether it was a few months, one year or next day it was non-transferable.

IMO it's better because now not only do you have a transferable warranty but you can choose EVGA because their GPU's are preferred by many being top notch GPU's over anyone else. Also they maintain the best customer support and back their cards for over clocking, water cooling, and no hassle free RMA's if you should ever need it. They've had the best support based in the USA for years already hands down. thumb.gif
     
  hide details  
Reply
     
  hide details  
Reply
post #103 of 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arizonian View Post

Yes but have options to extend that warranty as mentioned above your post.
Prior to this people stayed away from EVGA because it was non-transferable and they couldn't resell to other people who didn't want to take their chance without any warranty. Whether it was a few months, one year or next day it was non-transferable.
IMO it's better because now not only do you have RMA's if you should ever need it. They've had the best support based in the USA for years already hands down. thumb.gif

At what cost? They dropped the lifetime warranty for a 3 year warranty and call it improved, and you think it is?

The lifetime warranty was free. Now they want $50 for five years. Please explain how that is improved.

You can call improved all day long. Fact is you can call a pig a dog too. End of the day it is still a pig.

It shows a lack of confidence in the product line up. Extend that!
Edited by DrFPS - 3/27/12 at 7:40am
MyCleanPC
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 4770k ASUS MAXIMUS VI EVGA master blaster Corsair Vengence  
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
OCZ SSD raid0 samsung Win 7 Samsung 
PowerCase
Enermax rev 1050 Stacker 832 
  hide details  
Reply
MyCleanPC
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 4770k ASUS MAXIMUS VI EVGA master blaster Corsair Vengence  
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
OCZ SSD raid0 samsung Win 7 Samsung 
PowerCase
Enermax rev 1050 Stacker 832 
  hide details  
Reply
post #104 of 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrFPS View Post

At what cost? They dropped the lifetime warranty for a 3 year warranty and call it improved, and you think it is?
The lifetime warranty was free. Now they want $50 for five years. Please explain how that is improved.
You can call improved all day long. Fact is you can call a pig a dog too. End of the day it is still a pig.
It shows a lack of confidence in the product line up. Extend that!

I can respect your opinion that for you this isnt a good change. This new policy is more in line with everyone else EXCEPT for the fact everyone else dosent even offer an extended policy period. So in some ways it's still an option and more than everyone else.

The pulse on OCN for most of us who upgrade every new gen or at least every other gives us more opportunity to sell the card where as before no one wanted to chance buying a used card without warranty. One of the biggest deterents to choose another vendor.

For all of us who frequently sell our cards this was a huge bonus in reality. In fact EVGA has a ton of new customers and many others who returned because of the policy change who didn't like the previous non-transferrable option.

No way to please everyone but this appeals to the majority. As a Nvidia vendor they have the best customer support and that's a fact.
     
  hide details  
Reply
     
  hide details  
Reply
post #105 of 130
Now i think EVGA cards are finally worth their premium price wink.gif
WIP 2017
(12 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
7700k 5.0 @1.30 target Asus Z270 Apex Asus Geforce 1080 Strix A0G G.Skill TridentZ RGB 3600@? 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Sandisc Extreme pro 480GB WD Red 4TB Cryorig A80 Windows 10 Pro 
MonitorPowerCaseMouse
Benq BL3200PT 1440p Corsair HX850i To be decided Mionix Naos 5000 
  hide details  
Reply
WIP 2017
(12 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
7700k 5.0 @1.30 target Asus Z270 Apex Asus Geforce 1080 Strix A0G G.Skill TridentZ RGB 3600@? 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Sandisc Extreme pro 480GB WD Red 4TB Cryorig A80 Windows 10 Pro 
MonitorPowerCaseMouse
Benq BL3200PT 1440p Corsair HX850i To be decided Mionix Naos 5000 
  hide details  
Reply
post #106 of 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arizonian View Post

I can respect your opinion that for you this isnt a good change. This new policy is more in line with everyone else EXCEPT for the fact everyone else dosent even offer an extended policy period. So in some ways it's still an option and more than everyone else.
The pulse on OCN for most of us who upgrade every new gen or at least every other gives us more opportunity to sell the card where as before no one wanted to chance buying a used card without warranty. One of the biggest deterents to choose another vendor.
For all of us who frequently sell our cards this was a huge bonus in reality. In fact EVGA has a ton of new customers and many others who returned because of the policy change who didn't like the previous non-transferrable option.
No way to please everyone but this appeals to the majority. As a Nvidia vendor they have the best customer support and that's a fact.

I agree. I would be surprised if over 10% of the people who buy EVGA products keep them for over 3 years. (Especially the high end motherboards/gpus) So, if they are able to offer great customer support, and warranty transfer-ability, over the normal 3 year life span of a product, than it is a win for consumers. If customer support goes along with the lifetime warranty, than obviously this is a crap move.
Word Processor
(25 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 2500k @ 4.5 Ghz 1.43v asrock z77 pro4-m Zotac GTX 780 2 x SAMSUNG 4GB 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 @ ... 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Crucial M4 128 Samsund 840 Series Seagate ST300DM001-1CH166 Seagate ST4000DM000-1F2168 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingOS
HITACHI Deskstar 5K3000  Cooler Master Hyper 212 Plus NZXT Sentry Mix Windows 7 64 bit 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
SAMSUNG ToC Rose Black 27"  ACHIEVA Shimian QH270-IPSB Rosewill Cherry MX Brown SeaSonic X750 Gold 750W 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Fractal Define XL Titanium Grey Anker High Precision Laser Gaming Mouse  XTRAC Pads Ripper XXL Audio-Technica ATH-M50 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
FiiO E10 Pioneer VSX-1021-K Energy Take 5 Classic BIC America F-12 
Audio
Pioneer SP-FS52-LR Andrew Jones Designed 
  hide details  
Reply
Word Processor
(25 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 2500k @ 4.5 Ghz 1.43v asrock z77 pro4-m Zotac GTX 780 2 x SAMSUNG 4GB 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 @ ... 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Crucial M4 128 Samsund 840 Series Seagate ST300DM001-1CH166 Seagate ST4000DM000-1F2168 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingOS
HITACHI Deskstar 5K3000  Cooler Master Hyper 212 Plus NZXT Sentry Mix Windows 7 64 bit 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
SAMSUNG ToC Rose Black 27"  ACHIEVA Shimian QH270-IPSB Rosewill Cherry MX Brown SeaSonic X750 Gold 750W 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Fractal Define XL Titanium Grey Anker High Precision Laser Gaming Mouse  XTRAC Pads Ripper XXL Audio-Technica ATH-M50 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
FiiO E10 Pioneer VSX-1021-K Energy Take 5 Classic BIC America F-12 
Audio
Pioneer SP-FS52-LR Andrew Jones Designed 
  hide details  
Reply
post #107 of 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arizonian View Post

I can respect your opinion that for you this isnt a good change. This new policy is more in line with everyone else EXCEPT for the fact everyone else dosent even offer an extended policy period. So in some ways it's still an option and more than everyone else.
The pulse on OCN for most of us who upgrade every new gen or at least every other gives us more opportunity to sell the card where as before no one wanted to chance buying a used card without warranty. One of the biggest deterents to choose another vendor.
For all of us who frequently sell our cards this was a huge bonus in reality. In fact EVGA has a ton of new customers and many others who returned because of the policy change who didn't like the previous non-transferrable option.
No way to please everyone but this appeals to the majority. As a Nvidia vendor they have the best customer support and that's a fact.

This is a good post I also respect your views and opinion. +1rep
There are some that sell there evga equipment that are willing to honor an rma warranty. As long as the buyer pays the shipping cost. Its been like this.
I feel that this what evga is getting away from.

As far as ton of new customers, I disagree. They will loose as many if not more than they gain. People that buy from evga just because of the lifetime warranty. If a company puts a lifetime warranty on a product, that shows confidence in that product.

There are other companies that offer a lifetime. I doubt that the other companies will have as good of support. And evga extended warranty is*** nontransferable***. So if you paid $50 extra thinking you can sell it for 5 years, better read the fine print . Otherwise transferable for 3 years only. I build a lot of computers. I hold on to video cards for a long time.
http://www.evga.com/support/warranty/
Quote:
This extended warranty is valid so long as the original purchaser owns the product and is based upon the following:

Edited by DrFPS - 3/27/12 at 5:29pm
MyCleanPC
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 4770k ASUS MAXIMUS VI EVGA master blaster Corsair Vengence  
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
OCZ SSD raid0 samsung Win 7 Samsung 
PowerCase
Enermax rev 1050 Stacker 832 
  hide details  
Reply
MyCleanPC
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 4770k ASUS MAXIMUS VI EVGA master blaster Corsair Vengence  
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
OCZ SSD raid0 samsung Win 7 Samsung 
PowerCase
Enermax rev 1050 Stacker 832 
  hide details  
Reply
post #108 of 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrFPS View Post

This is a good post I also respect your views and opinion. +1rep
There are some that sell there evga equipment that are willing to honor an rma warranty. As long as the buyer pays the shipping cost. Its been like this.
I feel that this what evga is getting away from.
As far as ton of new customers, I disagree. They will loose as many if not more than they gain. People that buy from evga just because of the lifetime warranty. If a company puts a lifetime warranty on a product, that shows confidence in that product.
There are other companies that offer a lifetime. I doubt that the other companies will have as good of support. And evga extended warranty is*** nontransferable***. So if you paid $50 extra thinking you can sell it for 5 years, better read the fine print . Otherwise transferable for 3 years only. I build a lot of computers. I hold on to video cards for a long time.
http://www.evga.com/support/warranty/
Quote:
This extended warranty is valid so long as the original purchaser owns the product and is based upon the following:

Valid points there. Wasn't even thinking about business purchases. Those would be at a loss because most business keep motherboards/GPU's until every last drop of perfomance is used and then even more so. In fact most business use them past the obsolete point. LOL.

Also I didn't notice the extended warranty only was for original purchaser since I wasn't worried about that. Thanks for pointing that out.

Guess the new policy is a mixed bag.
     
  hide details  
Reply
     
  hide details  
Reply
post #109 of 130
Guys, let's remember that Evga hasn't spilled all the beans about the new warranty. For all we know on April 2nd, they could come out and say that the extended warranty is transferable also, etc.
post #110 of 130
Sweet I just bought one!!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Hardware News
Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Hardware News › [Evga] New and Improved EVGA Global Warranty