Overclock.net › Forums › Cooling › Air Cooling › Zalman 9500LED Twisting?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Zalman 9500LED Twisting? - Page 3

post #21 of 27
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chozart
YEs, using TAT, or Core Temp, the Core 2 Duo can take up to 85C.

It's gotten cold overnight... load temp dropped to like 51C-52C... gotta love fall/winter.. hehehehe

chozart, what method did u use to apply as5 with your r6600 and zalman
post #22 of 27
Single dot method. Have no problems with it The heatsink should apply enough pressure to spread the AS5 out.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
E8400 @ 3.8 GHz DFI LANPARTY DK X38-T2R eVGA 8400GS 2GB Mushkin DDR2 800 (single stick) 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
250GB WD SATA None Windows XP Pro 32-bit HP Pavilion f1703 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
N/A Corsair HX520 Coolermaster Cavalier N/A 
Mouse Pad
N/A 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
E8400 @ 3.8 GHz DFI LANPARTY DK X38-T2R eVGA 8400GS 2GB Mushkin DDR2 800 (single stick) 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
250GB WD SATA None Windows XP Pro 32-bit HP Pavilion f1703 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
N/A Corsair HX520 Coolermaster Cavalier N/A 
Mouse Pad
N/A 
  hide details  
Reply
post #23 of 27
Thread Starter 
does single dot work with dual cores? cuase isnt there 2 different cores on the cpu?
post #24 of 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zyther
does single dot work with dual cores? cuase isnt there 2 different cores on the cpu?
Single dot works with anything with a heatspreader since it spreads out over most of the surface anyway. I use single dot on my dual core and it works fine.
Main Rig
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 2500K Asus P8P67 EVO GTX 980 16GB DDR3 1866mhz 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Revodrive 3 x2 240GB, M500 960GB, 2x WD 1TB Rai... Noctua NH-D14 Windows 10 Apple Cinema 30" 1600p 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech Orion Spark Capstone 750w CM Storm Scout Logitech G700s 
  hide details  
Reply
Main Rig
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 2500K Asus P8P67 EVO GTX 980 16GB DDR3 1866mhz 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Revodrive 3 x2 240GB, M500 960GB, 2x WD 1TB Rai... Noctua NH-D14 Windows 10 Apple Cinema 30" 1600p 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech Orion Spark Capstone 750w CM Storm Scout Logitech G700s 
  hide details  
Reply
post #25 of 27
My 9500 did the same thing......

Dual core, single core does not matter.......AS5 is used to conduct the heat out of the IHS to the base of the heatsink and then up to the fins to be disapated.

You do not want to coat the IHS with it as it will serve as a blanket, insulating the IHS. The goal is to move the heat through as quickly as possible.....the thicker the layer, the longer that takes. Slow heat transfer means the heat will build up in the CPU. To little will not provide a solid enough contact between the IHS and the heatsink base to be efficient.


Also, I do not recomend anyone take their C2D to 85c, especially if it is overclocked, no matter how it is measured.
post #26 of 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper
My 9500 did the same thing......

Dual core, single core does not matter.......AS5 is used to conduct the heat out of the IHS to the base of the heatsink and then up to the fins to be disapated.

You do not want to coat the IHS with it as it will serve as a blanket, insulating the IHS. The goal is to move the heat through as quickly as possible.....the thicker the layer, the longer that takes. Slow heat transfer means the heat will build up in the CPU. To little will not provide a solid enough contact between the IHS and the heatsink base to be efficient.


Also, I do not recomend anyone take their C2D to 85c, especially if it is overclocked, no matter how it is measured.
I dont think I would want my C2D about 55 C.

Im thinking about getting a new CPU cooler. Maybe a CNPS9500 LED.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
5200+ X2 2.6GHz Winsor Gigabyte 650GTX 2.5gb random brands 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
80gb Parallel Stock Win7 64bit 22" LG W2242T  
MonitorPowerCaseOther
Dell 22" Corsair VS550 Thermotake Matrix HDTV Card 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
5200+ X2 2.6GHz Winsor Gigabyte 650GTX 2.5gb random brands 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
80gb Parallel Stock Win7 64bit 22" LG W2242T  
MonitorPowerCaseOther
Dell 22" Corsair VS550 Thermotake Matrix HDTV Card 
  hide details  
Reply
post #27 of 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by MindOfChaos
I dont think I would want my C2D about 55 C.

55c would be acceptable, and if you got some serious performance out of it would be livable.


Quote:
Originally Posted by MindOfChaos
Im thinking about getting a new CPU cooler. Maybe a CNPS9500 LED.
Well, I thought I mentioned it here, must be in a different thread, but I am using my old 9500 on my E6700 right now, a hold over while I break it in and until I get my water system done.

Right now, at stock FSB and mulit, and with it drawing only 1.15v, it full loads at about 46c with an ambient of 20-22c. I doubt my Conroe will go much higher on this 9500 then my 920 did before I replaced the Zalman with a better designed Noctua.

So if you really want to overclock your C2D, and you don't like even 55c temps, you do not want the 9500.....
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Air Cooling
Overclock.net › Forums › Cooling › Air Cooling › Zalman 9500LED Twisting?