Overclock.net › Forums › Video Games › PC Gaming › Steams Anno 2070 $29.99 too good to be true?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Steams Anno 2070 $29.99 too good to be true? - Page 2

post #11 of 23
Damn i wanted to get, does anyone know amazon version have this problem?
post #12 of 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by windowszp View Post

Damn i wanted to get, does anyone know amazon version have this problem?

Amazon version does not use Steam. It seems to be separate and requires Ubisoft account for every launch.
post #13 of 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riou View Post

Amazon version does not use Steam. It seems to be separate and requires Ubisoft account for every launch.
wait... the problem is on the ubisoft key authenticating system , not steam? So even the amazon version will have this problem
post #14 of 23
ANNO 1404 had this EXACT issue and was a pita... got sorted though.
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 Asus Lappy GeForce GT520M 4096 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
500GB LG W7=64 ult + Slackware13.1_64 + MineOS HP w2207h 
KeyboardCaseMouse
logitech G11 Fugly, lol logitech mx518 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 Asus Lappy GeForce GT520M 4096 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
500GB LG W7=64 ult + Slackware13.1_64 + MineOS HP w2207h 
KeyboardCaseMouse
logitech G11 Fugly, lol logitech mx518 
  hide details  
Reply
post #15 of 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by windowszp View Post

wait... the problem is on the ubisoft key authenticating system , not steam? So even the amazon version will have this problem

I think what happened was that Steam runs out of key licenses during sales. Publishers like Ubisoft only give a finite amount of keys to each online store. It is probably Ubisoft's fault for not giving Steam enough keys for the sale. Steam needs to wait for Ubisoft to send more license keys. Amazon version may work if you do not want Steam (but there is still Ubisoft UPlay and Tages DRM involved).

https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=2204-OPGC-4862

It is a kick in the teeth though. frown.gif
Edited by Riou - 3/18/12 at 8:41am
post #16 of 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riou View Post

I think what happened was that Steam runs out of key licenses during sales. Publishers like Ubisoft only give a finite amount of keys to each online store. It is probably Ubisoft's fault for not giving Steam enough keys for the sale. Steam needs to wait for Ubisoft to send more license keys. Amazon version may work if you do not want Steam (but there is still Ubisoft UPlay and Tages DRM involved).
https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=2204-OPGC-4862
It is a kick in the teeth though. frown.gif

Oh now I get it, I had a similar issue with Arma 2 (amazon version).

I really want this on steam though frown.gif
Edited by windowszp - 3/18/12 at 8:46am
post #17 of 23
did you get it sorted out?........steam version works and you do need uplay with it
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
X5680@4.8GHz 192x25x1.47v EVGA X58 Classified(E759) EVGA GTX980 Ti SLI @1515/8400 6x4GB GSkill Ripjaws@1540 8-8-8-20-2T-1.55v 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Corsair Force GT 120GB/OS Corsair Force LS 60GB/PAGE Toshiba 4TB/GAMES CPU-EK Supremacy 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
MB-EK FB Classified GPU-EK FC TitanX/Backplates Rad-Swiftech 360mm MCR-320/Pump Rad-Barrow 280mm 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
Ram-Corsair 2x60mm Resevoir-Barrow 250x50mm Misc-6x120mm/2x140mm/NZXT Sentry,Barrow 3/8 fit... Windows 10 Pro x64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Seiki 50'' 3840x2160 30hz Logitech G110 EVGA Supernova G2 1300 Lian Li PC-A77F 
MouseMouse PadOtherOther
Logitech G9x Xtrac Ripper XL Logitech G27 Logitech G940 
Other
Xbox One controller 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
X5680@4.8GHz 192x25x1.47v EVGA X58 Classified(E759) EVGA GTX980 Ti SLI @1515/8400 6x4GB GSkill Ripjaws@1540 8-8-8-20-2T-1.55v 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Corsair Force GT 120GB/OS Corsair Force LS 60GB/PAGE Toshiba 4TB/GAMES CPU-EK Supremacy 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
MB-EK FB Classified GPU-EK FC TitanX/Backplates Rad-Swiftech 360mm MCR-320/Pump Rad-Barrow 280mm 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
Ram-Corsair 2x60mm Resevoir-Barrow 250x50mm Misc-6x120mm/2x140mm/NZXT Sentry,Barrow 3/8 fit... Windows 10 Pro x64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Seiki 50'' 3840x2160 30hz Logitech G110 EVGA Supernova G2 1300 Lian Li PC-A77F 
MouseMouse PadOtherOther
Logitech G9x Xtrac Ripper XL Logitech G27 Logitech G940 
Other
Xbox One controller 
  hide details  
Reply
post #18 of 23
I bought it yesterday on the sale, I kind of wish I hadn't because I really don't understand the game that well. It reminds me of Supreme Commander a little bit, but I tried the campaign to get used to the game and I can't figure out how to do certain things it wants me to do.
post #19 of 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpion49 View Post

I bought it yesterday on the sale, I kind of wish I hadn't because I really don't understand the game that well. It reminds me of Supreme Commander a little bit, but I tried the campaign to get used to the game and I can't figure out how to do certain things it wants me to do.

Watch some walkthoughs on youtube :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yYFLhADYd3k

IT's really worth your time trying to learn it

I felt the same way with anno 1404 , I quitted , uninstalled several time before deciding to learn it, and it's worth it.

Search google for the action you want to do, that's what I do. tongue.gif
post #20 of 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by windowszp View Post

Watch some walkthoughs on youtube :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yYFLhADYd3k
IT's really worth your time trying to learn it
I felt the same way with anno 1404 , I quitted , uninstalled several time before deciding to learn it, and it's worth it.
Search google for the action you want to do, that's what I do. tongue.gif

Its not the actions, I understand all that. It tells me "build x" but there is no options for x anywhere. I spent about 3 hours last night trying to find where to build a specific house that I do not have on my construction inventory in any of the tabs.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: PC Gaming
Overclock.net › Forums › Video Games › PC Gaming › Steams Anno 2070 $29.99 too good to be true?