Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Video Game News › [iGG] Fans Who Purchased Mass Effect 3 Via Amazon Are Getting Full Refunds
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[iGG] Fans Who Purchased Mass Effect 3 Via Amazon Are Getting Full Refunds - Page 14

post #131 of 228
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xeio View Post

How would that work? "Oh, I see you only paid us for 5 new boxed copies when you ordered 500, durrrr".
Amazon pay for the product before it ever sees their storefront.

No, they don't. It's given on credit. They order , say, 500 copies of ME3, 300 copies of BF3, etc etc, then pay for them on the next agreed date. If any are found defective, do you think Amazon pay for these and then chase the money?! No, they return them to the seller and don't pay for that product.

EA can try argue with Amazon's decision, but since it's written in consumer statutes EA can't argue.

Amazon aren't losing a penny.

Do you think Google immediately forwards app sales money the moment it's sold? No, they'll have a set date each month (or perhaps even two) where all accounts are settled. This gives time for refunds and other problems to sort themselves out before money is exchanged.
The Riginator
(20 items)
 
 
Wife's Rig
(5 items)
 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Qualcomm Snapdragon S600 Adreno 330 2GB LPDDR3 NAND Storage 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
Samsung 32GB MicroSD Android 4.4.2 KitKat 5 inch (441ppi) 1080x1920 Super AMOLED SwiftKey 
Power
2600mAh Battery 
  hide details  
Reply
The Riginator
(20 items)
 
 
Wife's Rig
(5 items)
 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Qualcomm Snapdragon S600 Adreno 330 2GB LPDDR3 NAND Storage 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
Samsung 32GB MicroSD Android 4.4.2 KitKat 5 inch (441ppi) 1080x1920 Super AMOLED SwiftKey 
Power
2600mAh Battery 
  hide details  
Reply
post #132 of 228
Are you kidding, returned because you didn't like the story?

I wish I could do that at the movies, or at a restaurant after finishing a meal...
post #133 of 228
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubers View Post

Yeah you do. What kind of logic is that? Ever heard of Nickel and dimed? I'm sure you have.
You have to wait until the end of the game to find out the company lied about the content of the game, but because of that you're ineligible for a refund? Horrible logic. Of course you're entitled to a refund. You can claim the product is defective as it doesn't do as advertised and get a refund. It's wholly legitimate and people like yourself need to realise the same rights extend to you. The product isn't dangerous or anything, so if you are happy to keep it that's your choice, but you should know (now, after this fact in the article) that you are entitled to a refund.
That is the very definition of voting with your wallet. This is even BETTER than not buying it in the first place by a factor of a million because first the sale is that and because of the BS, now it's gone. It's fantastic for the consumer and it's about time people stopped mindlessly defending companies or assigning rights to them that don't exist.
Oh and yeah, student games programmer here. I totally agree with this refund and I totally agree Bioware screwed up. If I am part of a team that makes a game that receives this amount of backlash I'll be upset. Upset with the team and upset with the idiots that made those decisions (since it'll just be my job to shoot down technical ideas that aren't feasible and program the stuff they want).

This aura of entitlement is ridiculous.

It's buyer's remorse -- Period.

There was no false advertising...The game was developed ~ You bought the game to play it and you USED the product.

I direct you to my Ferrari analogy previous to this.

Guy buys a Ferrari because in the commercial the Ferrari is floating in space. Guy drives Ferrari 7,500 miles then comes to the conclusion, he's not happy because it's not floating in space. He attempts to return it and he's denied...He's used the car, it's not new anymore...

You bought a game because the previous 2 were "awesome" and "omg bbqqqqq"...You opened the game, installed the game, USED THE SERIAL...On what planet have you not "driven" or "used" that product?

Enlighten us all...please...

You were promised NOTHING beyond being entertained which, until the end of the game you were.

This is a horrible precedent and a disgusting one.
post #134 of 228
Quote:
Originally Posted by Masked View Post

This aura of entitlement is ridiculous.
It's buyer's remorse -- Period.
There was no false advertising...The game was developed ~ You bought the game to play it and you USED the product.
I direct you to my Ferrari analogy previous to this.
Guy buys a Ferrari because in the commercial the Ferrari is floating in space. Guy drives Ferrari 7,500 miles then comes to the conclusion, he's not happy because it's not floating in space. He attempts to return it and he's denied...He's used the car, it's not new anymore...
You bought a game because the previous 2 were "awesome" and "omg bbqqqqq"...You opened the game, installed the game, USED THE SERIAL...On what planet have you not "driven" or "used" that product?
Enlighten us all...please...
You were promised NOTHING beyond being entertained which, until the end of the game you were.
This is a horrible precedent and a disgusting one.

Ha! I didn't buy the game. I don't like Mass Effect (shock!) But you're wrong proven by the fact that the refund was granted.

And your analogy absolutely sucks. I'd stop using it if you want people to respect your opinion.

And yes, there was false advertising. It's all over the web.They said you affected the games ending and that it would finish the story. The games ending is practically the same and nothing you do really affects it and you're greeted with a DLC message upon completion telling you to finish the game there. There's a forum thread accurately detailing every lie told by Bioware on the Bioware forums.

The refund was granted. The user was within their rights to do so and did so. You, I'm happy to say, are entirely wrong and so is everyone else attacking this guy.




EDIT:

If a game is universally disappointing and doesn't at all add up to the hype the company created then people should and are entitled to a refund. To improve your rubbish car analogy, it's more like Ford saying a car can do 40mpg, but when you get the car and fully test it it only does 35mpg. But, oh my, you've had the car and driven it?! YOU CAN'T RETURN THAT!! WHAT A SWEARWORD RETURNING A CAR HE'S DRIVEN!

Yeah. No. You'd return the car either as falsely advertised or as defective (since it's not meeting the stated specs of 40mpg).

You analogy of 7,500 miles is disproportionate.
Edited by Rubers - 3/20/12 at 6:55pm
The Riginator
(20 items)
 
 
Wife's Rig
(5 items)
 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Qualcomm Snapdragon S600 Adreno 330 2GB LPDDR3 NAND Storage 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
Samsung 32GB MicroSD Android 4.4.2 KitKat 5 inch (441ppi) 1080x1920 Super AMOLED SwiftKey 
Power
2600mAh Battery 
  hide details  
Reply
The Riginator
(20 items)
 
 
Wife's Rig
(5 items)
 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Qualcomm Snapdragon S600 Adreno 330 2GB LPDDR3 NAND Storage 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
Samsung 32GB MicroSD Android 4.4.2 KitKat 5 inch (441ppi) 1080x1920 Super AMOLED SwiftKey 
Power
2600mAh Battery 
  hide details  
Reply
post #135 of 228
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubers View Post

Ha! I didn't buy the game. I don't like Mass Effect (shock!) But you're wrong proven by the fact that the refund was granted.
And your analogy absolutely sucks. I'd stop using it if you want people to respect your opinion.
And yes, there was false advertising. It's all over the web.They said you affected the games ending and that it would finish the story. The games ending is practically the same and nothing you do really affects it and you're greeted with a DLC message upon completion telling you to finish the game there.
The refund was granted. The user was within their rights to do so and did so. You, I'm happy to say, are entirely wrong and so is everyone else attacking this guy.

It's not false advertising at all. A player's previous choices affect the outcome in the game. There are multiple possible endings that are all different - despite the joke of "red vs. green vs. blue."

Masked is completely correct in this. 99% of the people who are getting refunds are self-entitled whiny people that don't deserve anything more than an Etch-a-Sketch so they can't be disappointed.

Mass Effect 3 is an amazing game; the best game I've played since the original Mass Effect. 99% of it is the best game I've ever played, and the other 1% that is the ending was just unexpected. After actually looking into it, I'm amazed by the ingenuity displayed by the writers at BioWare to create such a complex and mind-twisting ending. They successfully caused an uproar over the game and were able to force millions of people to think deep down about the ending and question everything that happened up until that point.

Major ending spoiler: Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Shepard was slightly indoctrinated the whole time, from the first time he saw the little boy, to the very end when the Reapers lead him to believe that he has a choice in destroying them.

Not a single person that got a refund deserved it. Everyone was just sad that they didn't get the fairy tale ending that they wanted and they think that that is justification to get all of their money back; spoiler alert: it's not.

So, a short message to all of you who are thinking about getting refunds:

Suck it up. You bought the game, most likely enjoyed the game, and you used it. You don't deserve a refund.
The Fortress
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 930 @ 4.0 GHz 1.28V Gigabyte X58A-UD3R Sapphire Radeon HD 5850 1GB 850MHz Core, 4800MH... Kingston 6GB 1528MHz 7-7-7-20-1T 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
WD Caviar Black 1TB LG WH10LS30 10X Blu-ray Burner CoolerMaster Hyper 212+ Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Acer X233Hbd 23" 1080p Logitech Illuminated Keyboard BFG GS-650 Silverstone FT01 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Razer Naga Molten Edition Cloth Pad Philips 2.1 
  hide details  
Reply
The Fortress
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 930 @ 4.0 GHz 1.28V Gigabyte X58A-UD3R Sapphire Radeon HD 5850 1GB 850MHz Core, 4800MH... Kingston 6GB 1528MHz 7-7-7-20-1T 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
WD Caviar Black 1TB LG WH10LS30 10X Blu-ray Burner CoolerMaster Hyper 212+ Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Acer X233Hbd 23" 1080p Logitech Illuminated Keyboard BFG GS-650 Silverstone FT01 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Razer Naga Molten Edition Cloth Pad Philips 2.1 
  hide details  
Reply
post #136 of 228
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubers View Post

If a game is universally disappointing and doesn't at all add up to the hype the company created then people should and are entitled to a refund. To improve your rubbish car analogy, it's more like Ford saying a car can do 40mpg, but when you get the car and fully test it it only does 35mpg. But, oh my, you've had the car and driven it?! YOU CAN'T RETURN THAT!! WHAT A SWEARWORD RETURNING A CAR HE'S DRIVEN!
Yeah. No. You'd return the car either as falsely advertised or as defective (since it's not meeting the stated specs of 40mpg).
You analogy of 7,500 miles is disproportionate.

Your analogy is incorrect because EPA ~ is an estimate...Not a factual assessment of gas mileage but, since you actually are old enough to apparently drive and are apparently educated enough to code, I'll look past that one.

EA didn't drive the hype of this game -- That's the ultimate irony. ~ There was the normal amount of PR.

Hell, the same is true of Diablo 3...When it doesn't equate to the glory I've personally given it, does that give me the right to return it? Hell no.

You as a responsible adult have the ability to research the product that you are purchasing...This is YOUR responsibility as an end user.

If you FAIL to research the item that you're purchasing and then USE that product -- You absolutely are responsible for eating the costs because you've now invested in your own stupidity.

This game, was NOT hyped beyond the norm ~ The community took it beyond and was then disappointed with the final outcome.

That in no way/shape/form/ or function of any reality denotes any form of a refund ~ It simply warrants being punched in the head for being stupid and a "move along, nothing to see here".

P.S. I quite frankly don't care if those of you that feel this entitled, respect my opinion or not because, if you did what the OP did, I don't want to associate with you.
Edited by Masked - 3/20/12 at 7:10pm
post #137 of 228
http://www.wikihow.com/Calculate-Your-Car%27s-Fuel-Efficiency-%28MPG%29

There is no "personal" feelings towards it:

http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/topic/355/index/10056886

There's a comprehensive list of all the things claimed with quotes and links to back them up. None of the things quoted come to pass.

I'm right and you are wrong. Evidenced by the fact that the refund was granted. Accept it and move the on! thumb.gif
Edited by Rubers - 3/20/12 at 7:10pm
The Riginator
(20 items)
 
 
Wife's Rig
(5 items)
 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Qualcomm Snapdragon S600 Adreno 330 2GB LPDDR3 NAND Storage 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
Samsung 32GB MicroSD Android 4.4.2 KitKat 5 inch (441ppi) 1080x1920 Super AMOLED SwiftKey 
Power
2600mAh Battery 
  hide details  
Reply
The Riginator
(20 items)
 
 
Wife's Rig
(5 items)
 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Qualcomm Snapdragon S600 Adreno 330 2GB LPDDR3 NAND Storage 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
Samsung 32GB MicroSD Android 4.4.2 KitKat 5 inch (441ppi) 1080x1920 Super AMOLED SwiftKey 
Power
2600mAh Battery 
  hide details  
Reply
post #138 of 228
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubers View Post

Ha! I didn't buy the game. I don't like Mass Effect (shock!) But you're wrong proven by the fact that the refund was granted.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Detroitsoldier View Post


Suck it up. You bought the game, most likely enjoyed the game, and you used it. You don't deserve a refund.

Congrats on failing at reading.

And the user got a refund. He was entitled to it. Your personal opinion doesn't mean anything.
The Riginator
(20 items)
 
 
Wife's Rig
(5 items)
 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Qualcomm Snapdragon S600 Adreno 330 2GB LPDDR3 NAND Storage 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
Samsung 32GB MicroSD Android 4.4.2 KitKat 5 inch (441ppi) 1080x1920 Super AMOLED SwiftKey 
Power
2600mAh Battery 
  hide details  
Reply
The Riginator
(20 items)
 
 
Wife's Rig
(5 items)
 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Qualcomm Snapdragon S600 Adreno 330 2GB LPDDR3 NAND Storage 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
Samsung 32GB MicroSD Android 4.4.2 KitKat 5 inch (441ppi) 1080x1920 Super AMOLED SwiftKey 
Power
2600mAh Battery 
  hide details  
Reply
post #139 of 228
I'm going to leave the thread for all the haters now. I didn't even buy the game so I don't even know what I'm doing here. Oh, wait, yes, I remember now! I'm telling people who are wrong, that they are wrong.

Just remember that saying he shouldn't have gotten a refund is entirely wrong and all your opinions don't mean anything since the guy was already given the refund and that wouldn't have happened if he didn't have the explicit right thumb.gif
The Riginator
(20 items)
 
 
Wife's Rig
(5 items)
 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Qualcomm Snapdragon S600 Adreno 330 2GB LPDDR3 NAND Storage 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
Samsung 32GB MicroSD Android 4.4.2 KitKat 5 inch (441ppi) 1080x1920 Super AMOLED SwiftKey 
Power
2600mAh Battery 
  hide details  
Reply
The Riginator
(20 items)
 
 
Wife's Rig
(5 items)
 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Qualcomm Snapdragon S600 Adreno 330 2GB LPDDR3 NAND Storage 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
Samsung 32GB MicroSD Android 4.4.2 KitKat 5 inch (441ppi) 1080x1920 Super AMOLED SwiftKey 
Power
2600mAh Battery 
  hide details  
Reply
post #140 of 228
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubers View Post

http://www.wikihow.com/Calculate-Your-Car%27s-Fuel-Efficiency-%28MPG%29
There is no "personal" feelings towards it:
http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/topic/355/index/10056886
There's a comprehensive list of all the things claimed with quotes and links to back them up. None of the things quoted come to pass.
I'm right and you are wrong. Evidenced by the fact that the refund was granted. Accept it and move the on! thumb.gif

I don't care what you link nor what you claim.

The EPA is an estimate on fuel efficiency, nothing more, nothing less, an ESTIMATE.

You've still failed your obligation as a consumer by purchasing the game.

I really don't care if Amazon bent to customer opinion over consumer fact -- Wrong, is wrong...Stupid is stupid.

This is setting a very bad precedent in this industry...

I guess I should go return Linux, Unix, Windows 1.0, 3.1, Nginx and Ubuntu ~ They didn't perform to the hype and made me the millions they could've according to their programmers...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Video Game News
Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Video Game News › [iGG] Fans Who Purchased Mass Effect 3 Via Amazon Are Getting Full Refunds