Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Video Game News › [iGG] Fans Who Purchased Mass Effect 3 Via Amazon Are Getting Full Refunds
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[iGG] Fans Who Purchased Mass Effect 3 Via Amazon Are Getting Full Refunds - Page 15

post #141 of 228
Maybe I was raised differently but I can only take a step back and be glad I'm not like these people.

So much more going on in life than video games.
Current Thing
(19 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 5820K ASUS Sabertooth X99 EVGA 980 ti Kingston HyperX Predator (16 gb) 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Samsung 850 Pro Samsung 840 Pro Crucial M4 NZXT Kraken X60 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 8.1 ASUS ROG Swift Logitech K70 RGB Corsair AX 860i 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Corsair 750D Steelseries Rival Corsair the size of my desk Sennheiser HD650 
AudioAudioAudio
Schiit Magni 2 Schiit Modi 2 Corsair SP2500 
  hide details  
Reply
Current Thing
(19 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 5820K ASUS Sabertooth X99 EVGA 980 ti Kingston HyperX Predator (16 gb) 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Samsung 850 Pro Samsung 840 Pro Crucial M4 NZXT Kraken X60 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 8.1 ASUS ROG Swift Logitech K70 RGB Corsair AX 860i 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Corsair 750D Steelseries Rival Corsair the size of my desk Sennheiser HD650 
AudioAudioAudio
Schiit Magni 2 Schiit Modi 2 Corsair SP2500 
  hide details  
Reply
post #142 of 228
Quote:
Originally Posted by Masked View Post

I don't care what you link nor what you claim.
The EPA is an estimate on fuel efficiency, nothing more, nothing less, an ESTIMATE.
You've still failed your obligation as a consumer by purchasing the game.
I really don't care if Amazon bent to customer opinion over consumer fact -- Wrong, is wrong...Stupid is stupid.
This is setting a very bad precedent in this industry...
I guess I should go return Linux, Unix, Windows 1.0, 3.1, Nginx and Ubuntu ~ They didn't perform to the hype and made me the millions they could've according to their programmers...

Mate. You're WRONG.

WRONG.

You can measure your Miles Per Gallon in ANY car accurately using scientific methods. It is not an estimate. You can do it the guestimate way and you can do it via measuring the emissions coming from the car. Read up.

The consumer has NO OBLIGATION to the company they're buying the game, or ANY good, from. None what so ever. Quite the opposite.

You're right, wrong is wrong and you're flat out wrong.

The consumer FACT is that the game wasn't as advertised. If you don't care to read the link on the official Bioware forums which includes a comprehensive list of the facts backed by quotes and links to the official interviews in which the quotes were given that is YOUR problem. You are still wrong regardless of your ignorance to the FACTS. And if you refuse to READ the FACTS then that just shows the other members of this website that you are incapable of proper debate and can't articulate your points properly.

This is setting the precedent in the industry that if you lie about your game then people will get a refund and you will pay for those mistakes and lies. Simple as that. It's about damn time videogame consumers actually RETAINED some rights in face of the all out onslaught of them in recent years <- the main reason I'm wholly behind this. Our rights are becoming lesser and lesser and no-one is standing up to that.
Edited by Rubers - 3/20/12 at 7:40pm
The Riginator
(20 items)
 
 
Wife's Rig
(5 items)
 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Qualcomm Snapdragon S600 Adreno 330 2GB LPDDR3 NAND Storage 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
Samsung 32GB MicroSD Android 4.4.2 KitKat 5 inch (441ppi) 1080x1920 Super AMOLED SwiftKey 
Power
2600mAh Battery 
  hide details  
Reply
The Riginator
(20 items)
 
 
Wife's Rig
(5 items)
 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Qualcomm Snapdragon S600 Adreno 330 2GB LPDDR3 NAND Storage 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
Samsung 32GB MicroSD Android 4.4.2 KitKat 5 inch (441ppi) 1080x1920 Super AMOLED SwiftKey 
Power
2600mAh Battery 
  hide details  
Reply
post #143 of 228
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubers View Post

Congrats on failing at reading.
And the user got a refund. He was entitled to it. Your personal opinion doesn't mean anything.

Today I learned that because someone was able to get something, that they deserved it and are entitled to it.

Why even come into this thread if you have no idea what you are talking about?

He was given a refund, much like others are, to avoid a complete PR disaster. Once again, you prove you don't know what you're talking about.

Pro-tip: Saying "I'm right and you're wrong" doesn't actually make that true.

Edit: Also, seriously, why are you still here?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubers View Post

I'm going to leave the thread for all the haters now.

You're terrible at your EPA analogy and you don't know what you're talking about. EPA is 100% an estimate and there are various notices at the bottom of every commercial and ad explicitly saying so.

You are WRONG.

mpg.png
Edited by Detroitsoldier - 3/20/12 at 7:45pm
The Fortress
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 930 @ 4.0 GHz 1.28V Gigabyte X58A-UD3R Sapphire Radeon HD 5850 1GB 850MHz Core, 4800MH... Kingston 6GB 1528MHz 7-7-7-20-1T 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
WD Caviar Black 1TB LG WH10LS30 10X Blu-ray Burner CoolerMaster Hyper 212+ Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Acer X233Hbd 23" 1080p Logitech Illuminated Keyboard BFG GS-650 Silverstone FT01 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Razer Naga Molten Edition Cloth Pad Philips 2.1 
  hide details  
Reply
The Fortress
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 930 @ 4.0 GHz 1.28V Gigabyte X58A-UD3R Sapphire Radeon HD 5850 1GB 850MHz Core, 4800MH... Kingston 6GB 1528MHz 7-7-7-20-1T 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
WD Caviar Black 1TB LG WH10LS30 10X Blu-ray Burner CoolerMaster Hyper 212+ Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Acer X233Hbd 23" 1080p Logitech Illuminated Keyboard BFG GS-650 Silverstone FT01 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Razer Naga Molten Edition Cloth Pad Philips 2.1 
  hide details  
Reply
post #144 of 228
How about this:

A user buys a game on Steam and played it for 40+ hours. Then a patch is released that totally borks the game for thousands of users. 2 patches come and go and the game is in the same state.

Regardless of the number of hours the game is defective and eligible under UK law for a refund.

The consumer has the RIGHT to a refund. Those that choose not to are within their rights, those that do are within their rights.

The number of hours played is irrelevant. Completely irrelevant. However, Steam will fight you tooth and nail over that refund. If you get one from your bank instead (totally your right) Valve will suspend your account with all your games on it and, again, fight you tooth and nail over getting your titles back.

It's about bloody time people stood up for their consumer rights and it's about time you sad lot stopped harassing and trashing those that actually do exercise their rights. It's not wrong. It's not pathetic and it's not setting a bad example in the industry.
The Riginator
(20 items)
 
 
Wife's Rig
(5 items)
 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Qualcomm Snapdragon S600 Adreno 330 2GB LPDDR3 NAND Storage 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
Samsung 32GB MicroSD Android 4.4.2 KitKat 5 inch (441ppi) 1080x1920 Super AMOLED SwiftKey 
Power
2600mAh Battery 
  hide details  
Reply
The Riginator
(20 items)
 
 
Wife's Rig
(5 items)
 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Qualcomm Snapdragon S600 Adreno 330 2GB LPDDR3 NAND Storage 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
Samsung 32GB MicroSD Android 4.4.2 KitKat 5 inch (441ppi) 1080x1920 Super AMOLED SwiftKey 
Power
2600mAh Battery 
  hide details  
Reply
post #145 of 228
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubers View Post

I'm going to leave the thread for all the haters now. I didn't even buy the game so I don't even know what I'm doing here. Oh, wait, yes, I remember now! I'm telling people who are wrong, that they are wrong.
Just remember that saying he shouldn't have gotten a refund is entirely wrong and all your opinions don't mean anything since the guy was already given the refund and that wouldn't have happened if he didn't have the explicit right thumb.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubers View Post

How about this:
A user buys a game on Steam and played it for 40+ hours. Then a patch is released that totally borks the game for thousands of users. 2 patches come and go and the game is in the same state.
Regardless of the number of hours the game is defective and eligible under UK law for a refund.
The consumer has the RIGHT to a refund. Those that choose not to are within their rights, those that do are within their rights.
The number of hours played is irrelevant. Completely irrelevant. However, Steam will fight you tooth and nail over that refund. If you get one from your bank instead (totally your right) Valve will suspend your account with all your games on it and, again, fight you tooth and nail over getting your titles back.
It's about bloody time people stood up for their consumer rights and it's about time you sad lot stopped harassing and trashing those that actually do exercise their rights. It's not wrong. It's not pathetic and it's not setting a bad example in the industry.

How about this: A user buys a fully functioning game that has no debilitating effects. The game functions perfectly and as it's supposed to. Under common sense, that person is NOT entitled to a refund.

JUST BECAUSE YOU DO NOT LIKE THE WAY A STORY TURNS OUT, DOES NOT MEAN THE GAME DOES NOT WORK AND THAT YOU ARE ENTITLED TO A REFUND. GET OUT OF THIS THREAD; YOU HAVE ABSOLUTELY NO IDEA WHAT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT. EVERYTHING YOU HAVE SAID THUS FAR IS COMPLETELY INCORRECT. LEAVE, AS YOU ALREADY SAID YOU WOULD BE DOING, RUBERS.
The Fortress
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 930 @ 4.0 GHz 1.28V Gigabyte X58A-UD3R Sapphire Radeon HD 5850 1GB 850MHz Core, 4800MH... Kingston 6GB 1528MHz 7-7-7-20-1T 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
WD Caviar Black 1TB LG WH10LS30 10X Blu-ray Burner CoolerMaster Hyper 212+ Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Acer X233Hbd 23" 1080p Logitech Illuminated Keyboard BFG GS-650 Silverstone FT01 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Razer Naga Molten Edition Cloth Pad Philips 2.1 
  hide details  
Reply
The Fortress
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 930 @ 4.0 GHz 1.28V Gigabyte X58A-UD3R Sapphire Radeon HD 5850 1GB 850MHz Core, 4800MH... Kingston 6GB 1528MHz 7-7-7-20-1T 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
WD Caviar Black 1TB LG WH10LS30 10X Blu-ray Burner CoolerMaster Hyper 212+ Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Acer X233Hbd 23" 1080p Logitech Illuminated Keyboard BFG GS-650 Silverstone FT01 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Razer Naga Molten Edition Cloth Pad Philips 2.1 
  hide details  
Reply
post #146 of 228
Quote:
Originally Posted by Detroitsoldier View Post

Today I learned that because someone was able to get something, that they deserved it and are entitled to it.
Why even come into this thread if you have no idea what you are talking about?
He was given a refund, much like others are, to avoid a complete PR disaster. Once again, you prove you don't know what you're talking about.
Pro-tip: Saying "I'm right and you're wrong" doesn't actually make that true.
Edit: Also, seriously, why are you still here?
You're terrible at your EPA analogy and you don't know what you're talking about. EPA is 100% an estimate and there are various notices at the bottom of every commercial and ad explicitly saying so.
You are WRONG.
mpg.png

Hahaha!! Yeah, to cover their asses! Miles per Gallon depends on the user driving the car and they cannot explicitly state a solid figure in order to avoid the very situation I put forward in my analogy (the only reason it is bad). However YOU can ACCURATELY measure your OWN MPG. If you fill the car entirely and travel X number of miles before the tank is half full then you can ACCURATELY measure the MPG. Don't try to BS me. You can also use sensors to measure the emissions (not something everyone is going to do, but it can be done).

No, saying I'm right when I'm right makes me entirely right - the user got a refund and there is no way in holy hell Amazon would have granted such if the user didn't have that right. Therefore, I'm right. I also know UK consumer statutes VERY well (at the least) as I've managed two consumer relations depts in two companies. Under UK statutes consumers have returned games for a refund and have up to 6 months to do so. The length of time the game was played means nothing.

I've done enough reading on the subject since it's all over the web and my two housemates own the game. I know what I'm talking about.
The Riginator
(20 items)
 
 
Wife's Rig
(5 items)
 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Qualcomm Snapdragon S600 Adreno 330 2GB LPDDR3 NAND Storage 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
Samsung 32GB MicroSD Android 4.4.2 KitKat 5 inch (441ppi) 1080x1920 Super AMOLED SwiftKey 
Power
2600mAh Battery 
  hide details  
Reply
The Riginator
(20 items)
 
 
Wife's Rig
(5 items)
 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Qualcomm Snapdragon S600 Adreno 330 2GB LPDDR3 NAND Storage 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
Samsung 32GB MicroSD Android 4.4.2 KitKat 5 inch (441ppi) 1080x1920 Super AMOLED SwiftKey 
Power
2600mAh Battery 
  hide details  
Reply
post #147 of 228
JUST BECAUSE YOU DO NOT LIKE THE WAY A STORY TURNS OUT, DOES NOT MEAN THE GAME DOES NOT WORK AND THAT YOU ARE ENTITLED TO A REFUND. GET OUT OF THIS THREAD; YOU HAVE ABSOLUTELY NO IDEA WHAT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT. EVERYTHING YOU HAVE SAID THUS FAR IS COMPLETELY INCORRECT. LEAVE, AS YOU ALREADY SAID YOU WOULD BE DOING, RUBERS.[/quote]

Everything he just said is 100% correct from both a legal and factual stand point. You know how to use the internet don't you, why don't you spend a few minutes looking this up?
post #148 of 228
Quote:
Originally Posted by Detroitsoldier View Post

How about this: A user buys a fully functioning game that has no debilitating effects. The game functions perfectly and as it's supposed to. Under common sense, that person is NOT entitled to a refund.
JUST BECAUSE YOU DO NOT LIKE THE WAY A STORY TURNS OUT, DOES NOT MEAN THE GAME DOES NOT WORK AND THAT YOU ARE ENTITLED TO A REFUND. GET OUT OF THIS THREAD; YOU HAVE ABSOLUTELY NO IDEA WHAT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT. EVERYTHING YOU HAVE SAID THUS FAR IS COMPLETELY INCORRECT. LEAVE, AS YOU ALREADY SAID YOU WOULD BE DOING, RUBERS.

I think I'll stay if it's annoying you that badly thumb.gif

Oh and no, I know what I'm talking about. tongue.gif
The Riginator
(20 items)
 
 
Wife's Rig
(5 items)
 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Qualcomm Snapdragon S600 Adreno 330 2GB LPDDR3 NAND Storage 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
Samsung 32GB MicroSD Android 4.4.2 KitKat 5 inch (441ppi) 1080x1920 Super AMOLED SwiftKey 
Power
2600mAh Battery 
  hide details  
Reply
The Riginator
(20 items)
 
 
Wife's Rig
(5 items)
 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Qualcomm Snapdragon S600 Adreno 330 2GB LPDDR3 NAND Storage 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
Samsung 32GB MicroSD Android 4.4.2 KitKat 5 inch (441ppi) 1080x1920 Super AMOLED SwiftKey 
Power
2600mAh Battery 
  hide details  
Reply
post #149 of 228
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubers View Post

Hahaha!! Yeah, to cover their asses! Miles per Gallon depends on the user driving the car and they cannot explicitly state a solid figure in order to avoid the very situation I put forward in my analogy (the only reason it is bad). However YOU can ACCURATELY measure your OWN MPG. If you fill the car entirely and travel X number of miles before the tank is half full then you can ACCURATELY measure the MPG. Don't try to BS me. You can also use sensors to measure the emissions (not something everyone is going to do, but it can be done).
No, saying I'm right when I'm right makes me entirely right - the user got a refund and there is no way in holy hell Amazon would have granted such if the user didn't have that right. Therefore, I'm right. I also know UK consumer statutes VERY well (at the least) as I've managed two consumer relations depts in two companies. Under UK statutes consumers have returned games for a refund and have up to 6 months to do so. The length of time the game was played means nothing.
I've done enough reading on the subject since it's all over the web and my two housemates own the game. I know what I'm talking about.

Obviously you can measure your own MPG - no one cares, however. The subject matter there was that companies place EPA estimates on their cars - estimates being the key term here. They give a vague guideline of what is expected so that they don't have to accept the return of a car because the fuel rates didn't match up. This is exactly what EA did - their descriptions are vague enough that it is nowhere near necessary for them to take refunds.

Once again, Amazon does not HAVE to give refunds - it was completely by their own free will that they offered refunds. Just because someone returns a game, does not mean that it was because Amazon were forced to take the return. Otherwise, there would be no game or electronics store that wouldn't be getting refunds 24/7. They have signs that explicitly state, "NO REFUNDS ON OPENED SOFTWARE" or statements along those lines. You can't just go up to them and say, "Well, they said this ending was going to be unique, and I really didn't think it was unique. Can I have my money back?"
The Fortress
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 930 @ 4.0 GHz 1.28V Gigabyte X58A-UD3R Sapphire Radeon HD 5850 1GB 850MHz Core, 4800MH... Kingston 6GB 1528MHz 7-7-7-20-1T 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
WD Caviar Black 1TB LG WH10LS30 10X Blu-ray Burner CoolerMaster Hyper 212+ Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Acer X233Hbd 23" 1080p Logitech Illuminated Keyboard BFG GS-650 Silverstone FT01 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Razer Naga Molten Edition Cloth Pad Philips 2.1 
  hide details  
Reply
The Fortress
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 930 @ 4.0 GHz 1.28V Gigabyte X58A-UD3R Sapphire Radeon HD 5850 1GB 850MHz Core, 4800MH... Kingston 6GB 1528MHz 7-7-7-20-1T 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
WD Caviar Black 1TB LG WH10LS30 10X Blu-ray Burner CoolerMaster Hyper 212+ Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Acer X233Hbd 23" 1080p Logitech Illuminated Keyboard BFG GS-650 Silverstone FT01 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Razer Naga Molten Edition Cloth Pad Philips 2.1 
  hide details  
Reply
post #150 of 228
Quote:
Originally Posted by Detroitsoldier View Post

Obviously you can measure your own MPG - no one cares, however. The subject matter there was that companies place EPA estimates on their cars - estimates being the key term here. They give a vague guideline of what is expected so that they don't have to accept the return of a car because the fuel rates didn't match up. This is exactly what EA did - their descriptions are vague enough that it is nowhere near necessary for them to take refunds.
Once again, Amazon does not HAVE to give refunds - it was completely by their own free will that they offered refunds. Just because someone returns a game, does not mean that it was because Amazon were forced to take the return. Otherwise, there would be no game or electronics store that wouldn't be getting refunds 24/7. They have signs that explicitly state, "NO REFUNDS ON OPENED SOFTWARE" or statements along those lines. You can't just go up to them and say, "Well, they said this ending was going to be unique, and I really didn't think it was unique. Can I have my money back?"

+1, absolutely correct, sir...In every form/fashion.

I feel like he'd go buy an ice cream cone, eat 1/2 of it and then attempt to return it because the chocolate didn't taste as "dark" as he thought it would...rolleyes.gif

I ignored him, so from here on out -- I'm done -- It's unfortunate the a programmer comes into this industry promoting that mentality...Homeless in 5 years, much? ~ It's to his own detriment and we'll obviously never change his mind so, it's time to move on IMO.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Video Game News
Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Video Game News › [iGG] Fans Who Purchased Mass Effect 3 Via Amazon Are Getting Full Refunds